Author Topic: (spoiler) OLDS3 preview  (Read 14237 times)

Offline Kook

(spoiler) OLDS3 preview
« on: February 28, 2011, 06:39:05 PM »
I just saw this promo on ebay. it doesn't look familiar. Does anyone know where it came from?

[spoiler=OLDS3 Promo Link (no pictures)]http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKAGES-PROMO-STICKER-OLD-SCHOOL-3-UM-UMS-/330536606071?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf5845977[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 12:19:11 PM by BumChex »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
RE: (spoiler) OLDS3 preview
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 07:37:12 PM »
Never heard of this seller either. Someone got their hands on these at Topps or the packers.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 07:41:30 PM »
Never heard of this seller either. Someone got their hands on these at Topps or the packers.

I'm very surprised that an M&M/Mars product was parodied, let alone used as a promo.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 08:20:41 PM »
I'm not sure how this got in this person's hands. Stolen? I will check into it. Ah well. A spoiler for the people that wanted to see something else.

Yeah, it's a Mars parody but keep in mind that situation was already taken care of in the last postcard series with the Starburst gag (Starburst being owned by Mars).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 08:22:28 PM by slamjim »

Offline Kook

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 07:17:46 AM »
I'm not sure how this got in this person's hands. Stolen? I will check into it. Ah well. A spoiler for the people that wanted to see something else.

Yeah, it's a Mars parody but keep in mind that situation was already taken care of in the last postcard series with the Starburst gag (Starburst being owned by Mars).

Is this a promo card that will be in the olds2 boxes, included with an olds2 order from topps &/or to be available at the upcoming Philly show?

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 09:06:47 AM »

Now you tell me!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 10:35:05 AM »
Is this a promo card that will be in the olds2 boxes, included with an olds2 order from topps &/or to be available at the upcoming Philly show?

That's what it looks like. It will be just like the Sue Mee promo in OLDS

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 11:31:41 AM »
It may be too late, but can someone add "Spoiler" to the title of this thread. 

I cannot un-see what I saw. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Kook

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 11:59:31 AM »
It may be too late, but can someone add "Spoiler" to the title of this thread. 

I cannot un-see what I saw. 

ok

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 09:22:48 PM »
This is NOT in Old School. It was something I did for another company on my own many, many years ago.

I don't expect we'll be privy to information about how this promo card was acquired by the seller.  It seems that only unscrupulous means could have led to its' acquisition, though I suspect they were only "mildly" unscrupulous.  I don't think anyone should go to jail for grabbing a promo card, but at the same time, I do hope you and the guys at Topps figure out how this happened, and can make sure it doesn't happen again, or something worse.  

Robocop should be called in to investigate.  

(sorry, he's on my brain, what with all the Detroit Robocop statue business - watched a Peter Weller video on it today - classic)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/02/28/peter-weller-appeals-to-detroit-for-robocop-statue/

Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 05:08:59 PM »
And speaking of the leaked promo sticker, it's awesome!  Great job Dave.

Offline paulygsparodies

Re: (spoiler) OLDS3 preview
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 05:22:32 PM »
You know guys,

something tells me that Dave's 3rd old school series will have 80's product spoofs in it.

Since you guys got your os2 packages complete with Old school 3 "Um & Um's" mini-sticker,
one look at the back could prove it.

And to Dave Gross, nice job on the artwork for it.

Pauly

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 05:28:17 PM »
You know guys,

something tells me that Dave's 3rd old school series will have 80's product spoofs in it.

Since you guys got your os2 packages complete with Old school 3 "Um & Um's" mini-sticker,
one look at the back could prove it.

And to Dave Gross, nice job on the artwork for it.

Pauly

Thanks Pauly! But...we will be sticking to the 70s for at least the next few series.

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 04:13:36 PM »
I just got my Olds 2 set ! It is awesome !  I just fell arse backwards to 1975...  I can't believe how great it turned out! It totally has the 70's feel, all the way around.  I expected to see gum stains on the checklists !  I can't wait for Olds 3 !  I never got much into the ANS, other than the original title foils to be honest ...  but, these are different....  I actually get the feeling of nostalgia from these...  Great work Dave !

Offline bigfoot67

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 12:51:29 PM »
I just saw this promo on ebay. it doesn't look familiar. Does anyone know where it came from?

[spoiler=OLDS3 Promo Link (no pictures)]http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKAGES-PROMO-STICKER-OLD-SCHOOL-3-UM-UMS-/330536606071?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf5845977[/spoiler]
Hello everyone. I'm a bit confused. My single (2nd Round) presale box of OS2 only came with 2 'Original 1970's  Artist Concept Cards'- A bit upsetting as this is the only box I'll be able to purchase. The Blue Envelope did contain a tan backed Old School Series 3 um&um's Promo Sticker though. After reading this thread, I assume it should not have been included in the box???
FOLLOW ME, I'LL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

Offline bigfoot67

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 12:58:30 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm a bit confused. My single (2nd Round) presale box of OS2 only came with 2 'Original 1970's  Artist Concept Cards'- A bit upsetting as this is the only box I'll be able to purchase. The Blue Envelope did contain a tan backed Old School Series 3 um&um's Promo Sticker though. After reading this thread, I assume it should not have been included in the box??? I'll attempt to post a pic.....
FOLLOW ME, I'LL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 01:12:58 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm a bit confused. My single (2nd Round) presale box of OS2 only came with 2 'Original 1970's  Artist Concept Cards'- A bit upsetting as this is the only box I'll be able to purchase. The Blue Envelope did contain a tan backed Old School Series 3 um&um's Promo Sticker though. After reading this thread, I assume it should not have been included in the box???

You were okay. Each box should contain the following:
   - 24 packs
   - 1 artist super sale mini poster
and in the blue envelope...
   - 3 (of possible 9) 3x5 cards... seems like the same 3 titles are always together in a box
   - 2 (of possible 6) concept cards ... these do NOT seem to be in sets of two titles always together
   - 1 Wacky Packages Old School product sticker
   - 1 um & ums Old School 3 promo sticker
   - 1 of the two adverts (either Old School2 Poster - blue or Old School 2 Sketch poster - orange)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:23:38 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)