Author Topic: mom gave me all my non sports cards from when i was a kid lots of wacky packages  (Read 13334 times)

Offline okiebugs

Hi my mother in ohio came to see me last weekend. She brought me all my non sports cards there is at least 800 cards not all are wacky packages but some are. I honestly dont know a thing about them other then i had them as a kid lol. Hear is a list of the ones i have if you want to know any of the other non sports cards i have just let me know. Hear is the list the first 46 are die cut or something like that the last 45 are like a paper sticker the die cut things are thicker thanks and hear is the list corned beef hash,band ache,2 de mented,schmutz,lipton,mrs klean,2 kook aid,skimpy,2 grave train,6up,cracked animals,colver ghoul,pure hex,horrid,gadzooka,spray nit,dopey whip,2 lavirus,2 crust,moron salt,ratz,muller,jolly mean giant,2 camals,campy,2 duznt,paul maul,vicejoy,weakies,3 cracked jerk,2 alcohol seltzer,slum maid,2 fearstone,2 boredoms thats it for the die cut looking ones hears the rest sneer,bum bums,virginia slums,clammy,jerkens,bit o money,bar kist,broomo seltzer,ditch boy,airraid,goonmans,monotony,snarlamint,valveater,baby ruth,my sink,scare deal,what mans,super cigar crisp,blisterine,play dumb,eviltime,2 sugar daffy,awful bits,annoying biva,mold rush,fruit of the tomb,suffertone,choke up,std,sticky jam,hardy wrap,dr popper,bam,hex lax,canadian clod,hong fu,yicks,scorch,hopeless,rolaches,kleenaxe,kentucky fried fingers,burpsi cola. Thats it for wacky packages sorry if i misspelled any names. If interested let me know and i will glady give you a number you can call and ask questions or ill call you if you like thanks.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Hi my mother in ohio came to see me last weekend. She brought me all my non sports cards there is at least 800 cards not all are wacky packages but some are. I honestly dont know a thing about them other then i had them as a kid lol. Hear is a list of the ones i have if you want to know any of the other non sports cards i have just let me know. Hear is the list the first 46 are die cut or something like that the last 45 are like a paper sticker the die cut things are thicker thanks and hear is the list corned beef hash,band ache,2 de mented,schmutz,lipton,mrs klean,2 kook aid,skimpy,2 grave train,6up,cracked animals,colver ghoul,pure hex,horrid,gadzooka,spray nit,dopey whip,2 lavirus,2 crust,moron salt,ratz,muller,jolly mean giant,2 camals,campy,2 duznt,paul maul,vicejoy,weakies,3 cracked jerk,2 alcohol seltzer,slum maid,2 fearstone,2 boredoms thats it for the die cut looking ones hears the rest sneer,bum bums,virginia slums,clammy,jerkens,bit o money,bar kist,broomo seltzer,ditch boy,airraid,goonmans,monotony,snarlamint,valveater,baby ruth,my sink,scare deal,what mans,super cigar crisp,blisterine,play dumb,eviltime,2 sugar daffy,awful bits,annoying biva,mold rush,fruit of the tomb,suffertone,choke up,std,sticky jam,hardy wrap,dr popper,bam,hex lax,canadian clod,hong fu,yicks,scorch,hopeless,rolaches,kleenaxe,kentucky fried fingers,burpsi cola. Thats it for wacky packages sorry if i misspelled any names. If interested let me know and i will glady give you a number you can call and ask questions or ill call you if you like thanks.

How about a picture showing the batch of them so we can see you actually have these?  Not to be pessimistic but we've had posts like this before and they never seem to have scanner or camera device. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline okiebugs

Let me go get the it so i can take a pick or two,how do i load the pic onto the page? Thanks

Offline okiebugs

Took the picks as you ask me to just need to know how to post them up thanks  ok i think i figured it out hear is picks

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Took the picks as you ask me to just need to know how to post them up thanks  ok i think i figured it out hear is picks

All those borderless die-cuts make me want to cry. Sniff.   :03:
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline okiebugs

Thanks Ernie for all the help. Your awsome. All the wacky packages have ben sold to Ernie.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
All those borderless die-cuts make me want to cry. Sniff.   :03:

Ratz and Cracked all without borders. If you had borders and they were in pretty decent shape you would have about $5500 worth of wacky's there. Who knew back in 1967?

Offline okiebugs

Yep that is what i have ben told. Who would of new. Have a good one.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
This thread is too funny. It's amazing what will surface in the Wacky world.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline emoticon

Everything except the Cracked Animals and Ratz are on Ebay. Did the deal with Ernie (don't know who he is as I'm new to the board) fall through? The auctions were definitely listed by someone with limited knowledge of Wacky Packages, such as the OP.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1967-area-never-offered-before-Wacky-Packages-Cards-/130483414620?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e616ae65c
http://cgi.ebay.com/1973-area-never-offered-before-Wacky-Packages-Cards-/130483400751?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e616ab02f
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 06:54:06 AM by emoticon »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Everything except the Cracked Animals and Ratz are on Ebay. Did the deal with Ernie (don't know who he is as I'm new to the board) fall through? The auctions were definitely listed by someone with limited knowledge of Wacky Packages, such as the OP.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1967-area-never-offered-before-Wacky-Packages-Cards-/130483414620?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e616ae65c
http://cgi.ebay.com/1973-area-never-offered-before-Wacky-Packages-Cards-/130483400751?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e616ab02f
How did you equate those auctions with this lot???  Random lots of punched die cuts don't necessarily mean that are all the same.  I did purchase a pile of punched discuss with some other non sport stuff.  I don't recall if this seller is the same one as it turned out the seller had huge piles of non sport stuff that several forum members picked up various pieces.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline emoticon

You're right...on closer comparison the two lots are not as similar as I thought they were. Should have done my due diligence before posting.

Offline bandaches

You're right...on closer comparison the two lots are not as similar as I thought they were. Should have done my due diligence before posting.
No biggie, to your main question, the lot that was offered here on the forum is gone  :o
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
No biggie, to your main question, the lot that was offered here on the forum is gone  :o

What happened to that seller that had a very nice die-cut set inc. Ratz & Cracked?

Offline bandaches

What happened to that seller that had a very nice die-cut set inc. Ratz & Cracked?
I got a call from a guy who kept asking for greg.  Called me three times in one day asking for greg each time, pretty funny. 

Anyway, we got into a lenthy conversation as I told him greg wouldn't mind waiting.  Seller had Cracked and Ratz to go with a set of diecuts that he had peddled last year.  Sometime last year, he was offered $4k by a respectible collector but he dragged his feet sorta accepting, sorta not accepting the offer.  That collector then found another Ratz and Cracked.  Now this seller is peddling them again lamenting that he didn't take the $4k.  I assume at some point he finally got his phone numbers lined up correctly and called greg, I also believe he called Brad.  I told the seller if he gave me a week, I would contact the folks I have on my list who are looking for nice Ratz and Cracked.  The seller said he doesn't like using ebay and doesn't like paypal so my trying to line him up with a buyer who pays by check or money order would be best.  Within hours, he listed the Ratz on ebay which ended last week with no bids(min bid $2500).  It appears he doesn't much like standing behind his conversations.  I assume someone offered him $2k for the Ratz and he figured he would see if he could get $2500 on ebay using the private offer as a cushion.  His Ratz is much nicer than the Cracked from the crappy scans I received.  I hadn't given him another thought since.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
I got a call from a guy who kept asking for greg.  Called me three times in one day asking for greg each time, pretty funny. 

Anyway, we got into a lenthy conversation as I told him greg wouldn't mind waiting.  Seller had Cracked and Ratz to go with a set of diecuts that he had peddled last year.  Sometime last year, he was offered $4k by a respectible collector but he dragged his feet sorta accepting, sorta not accepting the offer.  That collector then found another Ratz and Cracked.  Now this seller is peddling them again lamenting that he didn't take the $4k.  I assume at some point he finally got his phone numbers lined up correctly and called greg, I also believe he called Brad.  I told the seller if he gave me a week, I would contact the folks I have on my list who are looking for nice Ratz and Cracked.  The seller said he doesn't like using ebay and doesn't like paypal so my trying to line him up with a buyer who pays by check or money order would be best.  Within hours, he listed the Ratz on ebay which ended last week with no bids(min bid $2500).  It appears he doesn't much like standing behind his conversations.  I assume someone offered him $2k for the Ratz and he figured he would see if he could get $2500 on ebay using the private offer as a cushion.  His Ratz is much nicer than the Cracked from the crappy scans I received.  I hadn't given him another thought since.

I told him a while back that I would be interested in the Cracked if it were in real nice shape, but I would need to see nice scans first, and after that I got no response back from him and I forgot about it.  The Ratz on eBay was nice but it wasn't perfect, so if the Cracked wasn't as good as the Ratz it probably wouldn't have worked for me anyway.

anything