Author Topic: Looking for '73/'74 OPC singles & puzzle pieces  (Read 10876 times)

Offline Kook

Looking for '73/'74 OPC singles & puzzle pieces
« on: January 13, 2011, 08:22:21 AM »
Hi All,
I'm down to only a few puzzle pieces & singles to finish my '73/'74 OPC 1st to 4th sets. If you have any of the stickers or checklists below for sale or trade (I don't currently have a lot to trade) please let me know.
Thanks,
Bill

1973 OPC 2nd series stickers (3):Gurgle, BooHoo, Gloom

1973 OPC 1st series Light Puzzle (Gadzooka - Landscape): BL
1973 OPC 1st series Dark Puzzle (Gadzooka - Landscape): BM
1973 OPC 3rd series Light Puzzle (Beanball - Portrait): BR

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:53:44 AM by billf »

Offline Kook

Re: Looking for '73/'74 OPC singles & puzzle pieces
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 08:06:58 AM »
I'm writing to bump this up in the hopes of finding some of the opc stickers/checklists in my list. Hopefully, someone has come across them in the last 8 months. Please lmk.
Thanks

Offline moron_chicken

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 06:12:56 AM »
Billf,

I collect OPC 1-4 stuff.  You need a lot of the harder cards here.  Some of these were last on my list too.  I checked and I don't have any doubles of these.  I need half of the series three tan backs which are really rare. 

Offline Kook

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 10:53:00 AM »
Billf,

I collect OPC 1-4 stuff.  You need a lot of the harder cards here.  Some of these were last on my list too.  I checked and I don't have any doubles of these.  I need half of the series three tan backs which are really rare. 

I've decided to just collect 1 example of the 3rd tanback set. Where did you end up finding most of your opc items? Did you buy in many small transactions, or more larger lots?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 06:24:08 AM »
I've decided to just collect 1 example of the 3rd tanback set. Where did you end up finding most of your opc items? Did you buy in many small transactions, or more larger lots?

I got lucky and was able to finish my sets off with two large lots I came across.  The last one finished off the ones I needed and allowed me to make upgrades as well.  The OPC's are so tough to assemble one by one because they don't show up often.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Kook

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 06:29:02 AM »
I got lucky and was able to finish my sets off with two large lots I came across.  The last one finished off the ones I needed and allowed me to make upgrades as well.  The OPC's are so tough to assemble one by one because they don't show up often.

Even large lots don't show up very often. More like VERY RARELY!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 06:34:07 AM »
Even large lots don't show up very often. More like VERY RARELY!

The ones I was hooked up with weren't on ebay.  I had about 60% of my OPC's complete and then had the opportunity to get a complete S1-4 with all puzzle and back variations.  I did it because I didn't know when I would ever see a chance like that again and it seems to be a good move.  The entire collection was PSA graded so I had a lot of case cracking to do! 

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 12:41:18 PM »

I am basically just collecting one puzzle and back variation from each OPC set.
Anyone have  any OPC SERIES 2: white backed sticker for sale/trade?
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Kook

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 12:41:33 PM »
The ones I was hooked up with weren't on ebay.  I had about 60% of my OPC's complete and then had the opportunity to get a complete S1-4 with all puzzle and back variations.  I did it because I didn't know when I would ever see a chance like that again and it seems to be a good move.  The entire collection was PSA graded so I had a lot of case cracking to do! 

I would definitely consider buying large(r) lots and selling off the balance to plug the holes. I have purchased a few larger opc lots already and done just that. The lots weren't large enough, though, to complete the run. If you (or anyone else here) knows of someone looking to sell off an opc collection, please lmk.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 01:19:09 PM »
I would definitely consider buying large(r) lots and selling off the balance to plug the holes. I have purchased a few larger opc lots already and done just that. The lots weren't large enough, though, to complete the run. If you (or anyone else here) knows of someone looking to sell off an opc collection, please lmk.

10-4!

Offline Kook

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 07:47:40 AM »
<bump 6/5/2012>
I'm down to 1 puzzle piece to finish my 1st to 4th OPC sticker & puzzle run (except for 3rd tanbacks)

1973 OPC 1st series Light Puzzle (Gadzooka - Landscape): BL

If anyone has it available, even a marked up placeholder, please lmk. I have a few various opc checklists I could use as trade, or just an outright sale.

anything