Author Topic: Critique of Old School Series  (Read 39519 times)

Offline Monsterettes

Re: Critique of Old School Series
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010, 08:09:57 PM »
They should do what they did in the 1980's movie 'Repo Man' and just label a white can 'Food'  :D
I remember Repo Man!  And you lead to an excellent point about taking simplicity to a ridiculous extreme.  If wackys consisted of just the words "Hi Sea" or "Hawaiian Punks" on a plain white background, there would be absolutely no appeal.  Every artist has a "voice." And that is what makes a wacky. I respond to some of the Old School wackys more than others, but then, I respond to some of Norm's wackys more than others! I have my preferences and taste, but ultimately it's about an artist following their vision.  While I may not be in sync in every case, it's the mesmerizic and personal style that is at the heart wackys.  I don't want that ever to end!!   

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2010, 09:02:01 PM »
Dave,     The thing to do with a square package is have something coming out the top of it so it fits the rectangular format.  So like, if the gag in any way involves fire, flames could shoot out the top of the package like it's on fire.... Or if the gag involves water, a puddle under the package could stretch it out to a rectangle.  It all  depends on what the prodect is.  You probably know this stuff anyway, though.  Now you got me intrigued...wondering what the product is. 

Offline CptSlowZ

• James May
    • fdgsdfgfg
Critique of Old School Series
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2014, 09:58:25 AM »
Your items are really nice I adore the bee box, and the photos are great.  Pretty good descriptions, too.  I'd just make sure the coding is right so they're all in one font/color to make it easier to read.

Also, definitely fill out your shop profile/bio.  The best thing about handmade is finding a connection to the person you're buying from.

All you need after that, as far as I see, are more items so you have a nice, full shop
side plank exercise benefits for core moscule toning
 http://fitnessmax.info/ While you can get close to attaining the minimum requirement on the weekend, you will be better spacing out some more workouts through the week even when they are 15 minutes apart.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2014, 12:28:36 PM »
All of 'em came out great!  There's only one I would have done differently.  GEE YOUR CHAIR SMELLS TERRIFIC.  (scented furniture oil for snarfs) But I guess topps woulda killed that one anyway.

OK, I must have missed this post 4+ years ago, but that is a funny gag. And it's educational as I had not heard of a snarf (according to urban dictionary - A slang from the 50's denoting a pervert (most always male) who likes to sniff farts or ass. The snarf will often seek out and sniff the chair/cushion or bicycle seat of someone in the hopes that they will be able to smell a trace of ass lingering from the person who last used it.)

anything