Author Topic: ANS7 Gold Wackomercial Roll Call  (Read 9704 times)

Offline DrDeal

ANS7 Gold Wackomercial Roll Call
« on: January 07, 2011, 02:47:04 AM »
I thought it might be interesting to see what others have amassed regarding the Gold Wackomericals.
I own one card which is Yubang Coffee and don't plan on getting any others. I rarely see these on the Ebay lately.

Regards,  DrDeal

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: ANS7 Gold Wackomercial Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 06:02:40 AM »
I thought it might be interesting to see what others have amassed regarding the Gold Wackomericals.
I own one card which is Yubang Coffee and don't plan on getting any others. I rarely see these on the Ebay lately.

Regards,  DrDeal

That Yubang Gold is one of the 3 I still need!  They have really dried up on eBay so I'm starting to wonder if I will ever finish my set.  Every day that goes by the odds drop a little more.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 06:54:17 AM »
There you go. Work out a deal!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 09:03:03 AM »

Trust me, I already tried!  That was the only title he was looking for.  If it ends up being the last one I need I will go into full "begging" mode though.  LOL

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 10:29:00 AM »
Rob getting within 3 of completing the golds is pretty amazing!  I can't imagine that anyone else is close (except Leslie).

The only Gold I have is a Wiiz that I bought from Kevin (thanks).  As I collected ANS 7 with my 6 year old son Joshua it's cool because Wiiz is his favorite Wack-O-Mercial.    If ANS 7 release was 700,000 then we should be seeing 50 of each title.  Have we seen anything close to this?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 10:37:46 AM »
Rob getting within 3 of completing the golds is pretty amazing!  I can't imagine that anyone else is close (except Leslie).

The only Gold I have is a Wiiz that I bought from Kevin (thanks).  As I collected ANS 7 with my 6 year old son Joshua it's cool because Wiiz is his favorite Wack-O-Mercial.    If ANS 7 release was 700,000 then we should be seeing 50 of each title.  Have we seen anything close to this?

Actually Leslie did complete here gold set. It's hard to say what we would see because packs are opened by kids all over the country. I'm sure there is a kid somewhere that stuck the only gold that Rob needs ;)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 11:10:38 AM »

Thanks, and yes, 50 of each title is what we think was produced.  I don't think we've seen anywhere near that amount though, like a few titles we've only seen a couple of, of others maybe 10-15 at the most. 

With the Flashback Golds there were several completed sets, like 6-7, but with this series I haven't heard of anyone else except Leslie and I going for a set.  I'm sure there is at least one more collector doing it but I don't think it's anywhere near the amount of collectors who went for the Flashbacks.  ANS7 Golds is definitely an example of a set that won't be completed unless you got a good chunk of them when they were hot.  Waiting until prices dropped wouldn't work on this one.  I didn't jump on them as fast as Leslie and I put a $250.00 cap on what I was willing to spend on them, but now I am wondering if I may ever complete them. 

Offline Kook

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 12:03:33 PM »
Thanks, and yes, 50 of each title is what we think was produced.  I don't think we've seen anywhere near that amount though, like a few titles we've only seen a couple of, of others maybe 10-15 at the most. 

With the Flashback Golds there were several completed sets, like 6-7, but with this series I haven't heard of anyone else except Leslie and I going for a set.  I'm sure there is at least one more collector doing it but I don't think it's anywhere near the amount of collectors who went for the Flashbacks.  ANS7 Golds is definitely an example of a set that won't be completed unless you got a good chunk of them when they were hot.  Waiting until prices dropped wouldn't work on this one.  I didn't jump on them as fast as Leslie and I put a $250.00 cap on what I was willing to spend on them, but now I am wondering if I may ever complete them. 

I would think, then, the question is would you do it any differently looking back? If you regret not dumping another few  thousand towards the set by paying a premium up front, then you know a tough release like this requires a much larger budget and a big push up front. If you are comfortable with the financial and "frenzy" limits you set for yourself upfront, then you can at least say you have no regrets, and that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes. You never know what the future brings. Someone else may have 10 and realize sometime in the future that they cannot complete the set either & dump them all (3 of which may be the ones you want).

I think it's all a matter of how much fun money you have to burn & how seriously you want to take it (your level of obsession). You have everyone on the spectrum from those who hesitate to spend $10 on a base set all the way up to Leslie, who seems to buy what she wants when she wants it with very little hesitation. You just have to find where your comfort zone is & stick with it. I was trying for all title variations & combos with all the postcard series sketch cards. I couldn't get any 6th series or halloween combos or all 6a & 6b variations & didn't feel like spending the time or money (probably thousands) required. Once you break the spell, it becomes easier to set more realistic or practical guidelines (at least for me).

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 12:11:57 PM »
I would think, then, the question is would you do it any differently looking back? If you regret not dumping another few  thousand towards the set by paying a premium up front, then you know a tough release like this requires a much larger budget and a big push up front. If you are comfortable with the financial and "frenzy" limits you set for yourself upfront, then you can at least say you have no regrets, and that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes. You never know what the future brings. Someone else may have 10 and realize sometime in the future that they cannot complete the set either & dump them all (3 of which may be the ones you want).

I think it's all a matter of how much fun money you have to burn & how seriously you want to take it (your level of obsession). You have everyone on the spectrum from those who hesitate to spend $10 on a base set all the way up to Leslie, who seems to buy what she wants when she wants it with very little hesitation. You just have to find where your comfort zone is & stick with it. I was trying for all title variations & combos with all the postcard series sketch cards. I couldn't get any 6th series or halloween combos or all 6a & 6b variations & didn't feel like spending the time or money (probably thousands) required. Once you break the spell, it becomes easier to set more realistic or practical guidelines (at least for me).

Your right, with my situation it's tough because I have everything that's been released since 2004, so giving up or falling a little short would be a real bummer at this point.  I think it's still a little early to say that had I known I would have been more aggressive and maybe upped my cap on them to like $300.00 each, but if I haven't made any progress on the 3 I need in the next 3-4 months I would probably regret my somewhat patient approach a little bit.  If I am able to get the final 3 titles then it will have be worth it and I'll save a good chunk of money. 

I could always order another case and open more packs!  LOL......that would probably just put me deeper in the hole and just lead to frustration!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 12:31:12 PM »
The Yubang Card is special for me since I sold Yuban Coffee for General Foods in my first job out of College.
I also drink Yuban faithfully.My budget was $250 and it popped up when I checked Ebay at 5 am for $249.99 Buy It Now.  I would have passed if it was $300 but the price was at the top of my budget so I purchased it.
I am sure another will turn up sooner than later. I think the gold lid and the green accents in the graphics work really well with the Gold treatment.

Andrew

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:33:29 PM by DrDeal »

Offline Crust

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 12:38:55 PM »
 :o That gold card looks awsome!!! I do not have any though. :sad: I do have four silvers though!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 12:50:33 PM »
What about Greg Grant.  Doesn't he still collect Wackies.  Wouldn't he have completed Golds?

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 12:54:42 PM »
That gold bordered Yubang looks great!  That's one of my favorite titles from the series and one that I would keep too.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 01:24:27 PM »
That gold bordered Yubang looks great!  That's one of my favorite titles from the series and one that I would keep too.

Don't tell him that!!  Tell him it's ugly and maybe he'll want to sell it to me!  Lol

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 02:24:33 PM »
Don't tell him that!!  Tell him it's ugly and maybe he'll want to sell it to me!  Lol

oh, Yubang......  I thought he said Nescafe..... yep Yubang is total trash and should probably be sold to (if not given) to Rob for proper disposal.   
thanks for the PayPal Rob
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 04:01:51 PM »

Regards,  DrDeal

I also just have one and will probably be content with it for this set. I have the POUNDS title. My budget was $200 and I was able to pickup one on an eBay auction for a bit under that. I think it helped that there were two auctions for the same gold-border title running simultaneously. I wasn't too particular on the title I wanted but I think this one looks nice because of the yellow-oranges and golds in the artwork.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:04:04 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 05:11:12 PM »

oh, Yubang......  I thought he said Nescafe..... yep Yubang is total trash and should probably be sold to (if not given) to Rob for proper disposal.   
thanks for the PayPal Rob

Now you're talking!  The colors are all wrong for a gold!  haha

Offline similecch

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 10:06:45 AM »

As the humble creator of the Yubang gag--a guy who doesn't even own one of the regular versions of this card--I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Best,
Frank

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 10:34:26 AM »
Would one of you post a high-res scan of Yubang (my fav wackomercial card too) so I can at least have a printout of a gold specimen in my collection.
Thanks!
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 12:30:54 PM »

Let me know if that is good enough. I used the 9 MP setting.

DrDeal

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 03:43:05 PM »

Let me know if that is good enough. I used the 9 MP setting.

DrDeal

He's probably looking for a scan so it's perfectly flat and in proportion.  I'd do it but I'm missing that title, and I'd really like to help him out.  If you sell me that one I'll do the scan for him!  haha

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 04:08:58 PM »
He's probably looking for a scan so it's perfectly flat and in proportion.  I'd do it but I'm missing that title, and I'd really like to help him out.  If you sell me that one I'll do the scan for him!  haha

Correcto, Rob...looking for a flat scan.  So, Dr Deal, can you sell Rob the sticker?  (See Rob, I'm trying.   8) )
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 04:36:23 PM »
Sorry for the unflat scan.

Andrew

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 02:20:15 PM »
The Yubang Card is special for me since I sold Yuban Coffee for General Foods in my first job out of College.
I also drink Yuban faithfully.My budget was $250 and it popped up when I checked Ebay at 5 am for $249.99 Buy It Now.  I would have passed if it was $300 but the price was at the top of my budget so I purchased it.
I am sure another will turn up sooner than later. I think the gold lid and the green accents in the graphics work really well with the Gold treatment.

Andrew

You should go after the original art to Yubum, it is out there somewhere.  I think it was one of the titles in the infamous "Dan Art find".
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline wackygarbage

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 01:25:18 AM »
Your right, with my situation it's tough because I have everything that's been released since 2004, so giving up or falling a little short would be a real bummer at this point.  I think it's still a little early to say that had I known I would have been more aggressive and maybe upped my cap on them to like $300.00 each, but if I haven't made any progress on the 3 I need in the next 3-4 months I would probably regret my somewhat patient approach a little bit.  If I am able to get the final 3 titles then it will have be worth it and I'll save a good chunk of money.
I could always order another case and open more packs!  LOL......that would probably just put me deeper in the hole and just lead to

Hello Dr Popper, A.K.A. Rob.  I have 3 golds that I am looking to sell.  The three I have are #4 of 20 "Ogre-Eaters", #12 of 20 "Hide Detergent", and #17 of 20 "Spread Bull Negative Energy Drink".  I am looking to get around $249.00 each for them or trade for something else.  Let me know if you need any of these and what you might trade.  I am looking for OLDS1 sketches (the exotics B&W), sealed OLDS1 boxes with the sketch card inside, some of the Garbage Pail Kids sketch cards, etc. etc.

My email address is: michaelsfossils@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Michael

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 05:09:39 AM »
I could always order another case and open more packs!  LOL......that would probably just put me deeper in the hole and just lead to

Hello Dr Popper, A.K.A. Rob.  I have 3 golds that I am looking to sell.  The three I have are #4 of 20 "Ogre-Eaters", #12 of 20 "Hide Detergent", and #17 of 20 "Spread Bull Negative Energy Drink".  I am looking to get around $249.00 each for them or trade for something else.  Let me know if you need any of these and what you might trade.  I am looking for OLDS1 sketches (the exotics B&W), sealed OLDS1 boxes with the sketch card inside, some of the Garbage Pail Kids sketch cards, etc. etc.

My email address is: michaelsfossils@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Michael

Sorry Michael, I am down to only needing #1 now so unfortunately I don't need the ones you have. 

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2011, 03:57:21 AM »
ANS7 Golds seems to have dried up at the same time that they came down in price to around $110 - $150. I suppose that means sellers are letting them ferment awhile to rejuenate the prices prior to listing.  Or they are just no longer available for sale.

DrDeal

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2011, 02:53:37 PM »
ANS7 Golds seems to have dried up at the same time that they came down in price to around $110 - $150. I suppose that means sellers are letting them ferment awhile to rejuenate the prices prior to listing.  Or they are just no longer available for sale.

DrDeal

I just think the opening period has dried up so there's not as much new stock hitting the market, and the ones that were opened during the craze have settled in to owners at this point.  I still need that dang #1.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2011, 05:07:32 PM »
Well it's kinda surprising as there were 50 per title, that there are so few for sale.  As it seems very few on the forum collected them,  I wonder where all the cards are?  Is it possible they are still in packs?

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2011, 06:03:17 PM »
I am not surprised that like myself a lot of us decided not to pay a lot to collect the gold's. I collected the FB1&2 gold's and am now picking them up for $30.00-55.00 fairly consistently. I have started to buy some of the AN7 golds and have paid $70- $110 at the highest recently. I will probably continue to pick them up but won't spent the money I did for FB gold's. I would agree that there are probably a lot of packs still not opened but I ( like Rob) am not going to be the one to pay to open them, 4 cases no gold :sad: 

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2011, 12:57:01 PM »
Well it's kinda surprising as there were 50 per title, that there are so few for sale.  As it seems very few on the forum collected them,  I wonder where all the cards are?  Is it possible they are still in packs?

Part of the reason is simple math, because although there were 50 per title, there were only 20 titles, so 1,000 total flashes.  With the flashbacks we had 72 titles x 40 each, so 2,880 total, and many collectors are happy with just one gold per series, so it makes a big difference.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2011, 01:44:07 PM »
Rob, you must be right the reason there are only 6 on eBay right now is that there are only 1000 available.  There are 65 Flashback 1&2 golds available.  The situation is the same for autographs.  At present there are only 4 on eBay.  Did anyone on the forum complete a set of autographs?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2011, 05:32:47 PM »
Rob, you must be right the reason there are only 6 on eBay right now is that there are only 1000 available.  There are 65 Flashback 1&2 golds available.  The situation is the same for autographs.  At present there are only 4 on eBay.  Did anyone on the forum complete a set of autographs?

I haven't heard of an autograph set or even someone attempting to do it.  I bet there's someone out there who did one or is close, maybe just not someone on the forum.  I don't have any of the auto's, just the blank one that was missing the autograph for some reason. 

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2011, 06:44:32 PM »
Rob, your right autos were not in demand, I suspect because people had Jay's auto from Olds 1.  I have three autos (F2, F6 and F9) and find them cool since Topps specifically choose Wackys that Jay designed to have him sign.  To me they are like miniature limited edition signed prints.   I also had an unsigned F2 but sent it into Topps and had them replace it with a signed one.  I suspect that actual number of signed F2s may be less than 100 (the number of the remaining ones) since some got by unsigned.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 07:05:24 PM by vfx2g »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2011, 07:21:54 AM »
Rob, your right autos where not in demand, I suspect because people had Jay's auto from Olds 1.  I have three autos (F2, F6 and F9) and find them cool since Topps specifically choose Wackys that Jay designed to have him sign.  To me they are like miniature limited edition signed prints.   I also had an unsigned F2 but sent it into Topps and had them replace it with a signed one.  I suspect that actual number of signed F2s may be less than 100 (the number of the remaining ones) since some got by unsigned.

Also I'd be curious how many unsigned ones there are out there as compared to the signed ones.  There seemed to be several of the F2's unsigned.

anything