Author Topic: Series 7 Wack-o-mercials thicker dye  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Crust

Series 7 Wack-o-mercials thicker dye
« on: January 06, 2011, 03:49:49 PM »
I do not know if any of you noticed but me and my friend ( who also collets wackys) noticed that some of our wack-o-mercials have thicker numbering than others. Have any of you noticed this? Whitch one do you think is rare thick numbering in light? I really do not know. Tell me what you think.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 03:39:33 PM by Crust »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: Series 7 Wack-o-mercials thicker die
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 06:09:11 PM »
I do not know if any of you noticed but me and my friend ( who also collets wackys) noticed that some of our wack-o-mercials have thicker numbering than others. Have any of you noticed this? Whitch one do you think is rare thick numbering in light? I really do not know. Tell me what you think.

What do you mean by "thick" numbering?  Do you mean heavy ink density vs. light?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 06:48:40 PM »
What do you mean by "thick" numbering?  Do you mean heavy ink density vs. light?

I had some where the numbers were not sharp, and the line weight (?) of the numbers seemed almost 'thicker'.  Like using a medium point pen instead of a fine point.  I thought those almost looked a little blurry.

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 08:38:45 PM »

Why not post a picture of a couple of examples?

Offline Crust

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 04:42:36 AM »
I'm not sure if you would be able to tell from a picture. the dye was darkwer one some and lighter on others. they were like Rawgoo said.

Offline Crust

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 04:46:26 AM »
I misspelled alot on my lost reply. I meant that the ink looked like they used a different pen like Rawgoo said, and it looked heavyer. It was just the number not the sticker itself.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 05:50:14 AM »
I misspelled alot on my lost reply. I meant that the ink looked like they used a different pen like Rawgoo said, and it looked heavyer. It was just the number not the sticker itself.

What that sounds like is an ink density variance on press.  They use a 5th plate for the black border and # which is separate from the black in the art.  I wouldn't consider that a variation, but more of a quality control thing. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 06:00:20 AM »

You can modify your post when you realize you made typos - just go back to it, and there's a little icon at the far right, like a piece of paper with a pencil, and the option to 'modify' appears up in the header.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 03:34:02 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Crust

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 12:32:47 PM »
Thanks for the info! Now I see it.
 :^)

Offline iamMONOTONY

• Wacky Packages FTW!
Re: Series 7 Wack-o-mercials thicker dye
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 03:19:59 PM »
I am here to save the day! Check out the picture. The Crispux's Number on the left is darker than the one on the right.

Offline Crust

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 07:08:02 AM »
Thanks iamMonotony!! Thats what I was talking about!! If you look closly, there is a difference in the dyes.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:18:45 PM by Crust »

Offline Crust

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 02:59:05 PM »
Which do you think is rarer? Thick dye or light dye numbering? Tell me what you think
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 01:21:47 PM by Crust »

anything