Author Topic: Oversized OS Posters ?  (Read 5662 times)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
Oversized OS Posters ?
« on: December 26, 2010, 09:06:48 PM »
Has anyone seen or heard of these? Appearently they are direct from the Topps Vault, an oversized poster of the OS art.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1973-Topps-Wacky-Packages-Oversize-Poster-Ivery-Snow-/110528028032?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19bbfbdd80

There's also Slopicana and a few more. Over my current budget, but seems pretty cool.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
Re: Oversized OS Posters ?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 09:12:51 PM »
This dude is selling a lot of OS unfolded posters and wacky proofs. Guess he/she worked there or something. I also saw an original ad painting.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 10:03:14 PM »
Wouldn't this be a proof sheet?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 07:29:11 AM »
This dude is selling a lot of OS unfolded posters and wacky proofs. Guess he/she worked there or something. I also saw an original ad painting.
nah, this guy didn't work for toops. These were all sold by toppsvault on eBay a few years back and now they are all being resold for 2x-10x their original selling price. Some of it is cool, like unfolded posters, but a lot of it is trash ( the cyan, magenta, yellow proofs)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 09:58:28 AM »
nah, this guy didn't work for toops. These were all sold by toppsvault on eBay a few years back and now they are all being resold for 2x-10x their original selling price. Some of it is cool, like unfolded posters, but a lot of it is trash ( the cyan, magenta, yellow proofs)

This guys prices have been insane and he keeps relisting and relisting at the same prices.  I wonder if he's sold anything at those #'s.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 10:11:49 AM »
Has anyone seen or heard of these? Appearently they are direct from the Topps Vault, an oversized poster of the OS art.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1973-Topps-Wacky-Packages-Oversize-Poster-Ivery-Snow-/110528028032?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19bbfbdd80

There's also Slopicana and a few more. Over my current budget, but seems pretty cool.
As far as I know, these are nothing more than unfolded posters that would come from the yellow poster packs.  Yellow poster pack posters are slightly larger than the blue pack posters.  These sold for like $200 when there were folks were competing with each other trying to complete sets of the unfolded posters. 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline wormypackages

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 12:00:41 PM »
This guys prices have been insane and he keeps relisting and relisting at the same prices.  I wonder if he's sold anything at those #'s.
He has several items I would be interested in but the prices are ridiculous.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 05:19:32 PM »

Those single colored proofs are not appealing to me either.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 05:22:34 PM »

I went back through 6 pages of feedback left and did not see 1 Wacky item.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 05:24:38 PM »
As far as I know, these are nothing more than unfolded posters that would come from the yellow poster packs.  Yellow poster pack posters are slightly larger than the blue pack posters.  These sold for like $200 when there were folks were competing with each other trying to complete sets of the unfolded posters. 

I always wanted to ask about those yellow poster packs. How did an unfolded poster get into a pack?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 04:48:27 AM »
I always wanted to ask about those yellow poster packs. How did an unfolded poster get into a pack?

They folded it!   :D

Online Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 08:12:25 AM »

Yea that's right..I have a couple of these I won for under $200...and they are really nice unfolded...this guy, or whoever he is selling for, paid way too much for these even back then, as I remember, and is now trying to catch a sucker by selling these at insane prices...I did see that he has sold some of his stuff...but most are just relisted over and over and over....