Author Topic: Are these people NUTS???  (Read 893441 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Are these people NUTS???
« Reply #805 on: March 05, 2012, 04:13:25 PM »
I always wondered what the lowest PSA rating would be.  I couldn't imagine someone sending in a crap sticker for grading.  Well...I guess I now have the answer to my question.
think about it though - the population report for these guys are probably just 1 each. How freakin' rare is that??? You can say you have the one and only PSA 1 Tied. There are no others!  :great:

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #806 on: March 05, 2012, 04:35:36 PM »

Offline MadMike

« Reply #807 on: March 05, 2012, 08:21:37 PM »
think about it though - the population report for these guys are probably just 1 each. How freakin' rare is that??? You can say you have the one and only PSA 1 Tied. There are no others!  :great:

LOL!   ;D  Stop it, you are killing me!  Funny stuff!

Online Paul_Maul

« Reply #808 on: March 06, 2012, 01:33:30 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=wacky&_sacat=0&_odkw=&item=190649400454&pt=US_Baseball&_osacat=0&hash=item2c6396fc86&_ssn=j9suited

I would wager every one of these stickers is wonder bread. Under that assumption, and with about 1,000,000 uncirculated wonder bread sets floating around, is it really that hard to get PSA 9's and 10's? Overpriced to say the least.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #809 on: March 06, 2012, 09:30:11 PM »
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #810 on: March 06, 2012, 09:36:28 PM »
What does the PR on the Tied card mean. The other says "good" in the same location. PR - pretty rediculous?

PR = PooR ?

or perhaps "Particularly Rank" ?

Online Paul_Maul

« Reply #811 on: March 08, 2012, 10:35:45 AM »
Our old pal is at it again:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-WACKY-PACK-CARD-MR-GOODBYE-LOOK-/110838185329?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ce787d71

I wonder: could there be any wacky in such terrible shape that he doesn't say that it still looks to be in good condition?

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #812 on: March 08, 2012, 10:41:47 AM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-WACKY-PACK-CARD-MR-GOODBYE-LOOK-/110838185329?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ce787d71

I wonder: could there be any wacky in such terrible shape that he doesn't say that it still looks to be in good condition?
Oak Lawn  Illinois  not too far from Joliet..............................................................disgusting!!!
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #813 on: March 08, 2012, 11:23:03 AM »

lol! I love this guy! His descriptions are pure entertainment!

I actually read "IT SAT IN THE CLOSET FOR SOME 35 YEARS"

as

"LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING SHAT ON IT IN A CLOSET FOR 35 YEARS"

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #814 on: March 08, 2012, 01:21:07 PM »

as

Lol (not just sayin' it, I actually Loled). That's exactly what it looks like.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #815 on: March 08, 2012, 02:44:57 PM »

This is the only eBay seller whose Wackies I specifically ignore in my search. Only schmuck in 11 years to deserve that honor.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #816 on: March 08, 2012, 03:44:36 PM »

as

Yeah, the WC (water closet)...

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #817 on: March 08, 2012, 05:59:35 PM »
Yeah, the WC (water closet)...

Easy George, your age is showing, tuck it back in.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #818 on: March 08, 2012, 06:24:10 PM »
Easy George, your age is showing, tuck it back in.

:D  You young whippersnappers! I remember when... uuhhm, what was I talking about?

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #819 on: March 12, 2012, 07:04:14 PM »
hmmm where can I get one of these sets?  I would be very interested in one.  I used to eat so much wonder bread just so my mom would go out and buy another loaf hahaha.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=wacky&_sacat=0&_odkw=&item=190649400454&pt=US_Baseball&_osacat=0&hash=item2c6396fc86&_ssn=j9suited

I would wager every one of these stickers is wonder bread. Under that assumption, and with about 1,000,000 uncirculated wonder bread sets floating around, is it really that hard to get PSA 9's and 10's? Overpriced to say the least.

Offline RaMpB

« Reply #820 on: March 17, 2012, 03:54:53 AM »

as

It's almost 7am and I woke the whole house up after reading your thread! 💩

Online Paul_Maul

« Reply #821 on: March 18, 2012, 11:24:01 AM »
This is the only eBay seller whose Wackies I specifically ignore in my search. Only schmuck in 11 years to deserve that honor.

Best one yet! A re-stick, upside down no less. "Has never been pulled off its original backing. Still looks to be in good condition."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-WACKY-PACK-CARD-KNUCKLES-LOOK-/110844495864?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ced8c7f8

• Administrator
« Reply #822 on: March 18, 2012, 11:32:49 AM »
Best one yet! A re-stick, upside down no less. "Has never been pulled off its original backing. Still looks to be in good condition."

that's friggin' hilarious. the Knuckles is stuck on an O-Hairy border with the O-Hairy sticker stuck on the back. "Original" LOL

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #823 on: March 18, 2012, 02:11:21 PM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-WACKY-PACK-CARD-KNUCKLES-LOOK-/110844495864?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ced8c7f8

What you see is what you get, he says! Right about that. At least there are no "stock" pictures of wackys on ebay. If that were the case, there'd be even more unhappy buyers out there.

Offline MadMike

« Reply #824 on: March 18, 2012, 04:28:26 PM »

I am glad he pointed out the small rip in the card that does not affect the sticker at all.  I really like an honest seller with full disclosure.  I never understood why he was charging $7.99 for the one sticker.  But, now I realize that there is a BONUS STICKER on the back.  This changes everything.

Sorry, I am all out of sarcasm for the moment so I will have to stop here.  I did contact this guy once and told him his Duxie rodent-chewed sticker was not worth listing and had no value.  Also, I told him that all he had to do was do a search for similar items and he would know this.  He was very bitter and sent me a lengthy response about how he wanted to have the most items for sale on ebay one day.  It was a very strange response.  It made me laugh.  I wish I saved it.  The guy is a total kook.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #825 on: March 18, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »
He was very bitter and sent me a lengthy response about how he wanted to have the most items for sale on ebay one day.  It was a very strange response.  It made me laugh.  I wish I saved it.  The guy is a total kook.
I did save it 'cause I told him the same thing back in October and got the same response. Here it is:

Thank you so much for your great insight and is there anyway I could pay you for your vast knowledge, it is priceless to me, you see I know a little about everything and a lot about nothing. SO I will continue to list them, see what I'm really doing is, I'm going to wait until I have a stockpile of 2500 items and I'm going to list them all for a penny each ! It's going to be crazy !!! I can't wait to go nuts !! CaN you imagine finding and packing 2500 items !!! From my experience the more you put on the more you sell, I don't care if I garbage picked it or bought an entire estate !! It will sell, you may even say I talked to that guy once...he's the biggest seller on ebay !!! They call me the Legend !!

I love the part about how he can't wait to go nuts. Looks like the wait is quite over...

Offline MadMike

« Reply #826 on: March 18, 2012, 08:29:36 PM »
Wow!  Sounded much like my email.  Thanks for the chuckles.  LOL!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #827 on: March 19, 2012, 05:34:06 PM »
I did save it 'cause I told him the same thing back in October and got the same response. Here it is:

Thank you so much for your great insight and is there anyway I could pay you for your vast knowledge, it is priceless to me, you see I know a little about everything and a lot about nothing. SO I will continue to list them, see what I'm really doing is, I'm going to wait until I have a stockpile of 2500 items and I'm going to list them all for a penny each ! It's going to be crazy !!! I can't wait to go nuts !! CaN you imagine finding and packing 2500 items !!! From my experience the more you put on the more you sell, I don't care if I garbage picked it or bought an entire estate !! It will sell, you may even say I talked to that guy once...he's the biggest seller on ebay !!! They call me the Legend !!

I love the part about how he can't wait to go nuts. Looks like the wait is quite over...

It made me laugh again, even the second time reading it. Oh boy, has he listed his 2500 items yet. I am going nuts just waiting for that from the Legend! Legend of crap and jerkyness. 

Online Paul_Maul

« Reply #828 on: March 22, 2012, 10:29:56 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wacky-Packages-Original-JERKYFRUITS-CANDY-Sticker-Card-/270941061534?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1558819e

Another sticker that's in "good condition." Though the seller does acknowledge it has a "rough cut edge", LOL.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #829 on: March 22, 2012, 11:27:35 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wacky-Packages-Original-JERKYFRUITS-CANDY-Sticker-Card-/270941061534?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1558819e

Another sticker that's in "good condition." Though the seller does acknowledge it has a "rough cut edge", LOL.

That's funny. I clicked on it and burst out laughing. Why don't these people have a clue?

Offline Soremel

« Reply #830 on: March 22, 2012, 12:34:07 PM »

Too funny! It's hard to tell, but doesn't it look like this sticker does not have a die-cut? I don't see any highlight along the kiss-cut edge that you would normally see.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #831 on: March 22, 2012, 01:16:05 PM »
Too funny! It's hard to tell, but doesn't it look like this sticker does not have a die-cut? I don't see any highlight along the kiss-cut edge that you would normally see.

It is really hard to tell but it doesn't look like it has a die-cut. Strange.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #832 on: March 22, 2012, 01:22:52 PM »
That's funny. I clicked on it and burst out laughing. Why don't these people have a clue?

it looks like RATZ ate part of the border...at least its priced to SELL!!!SELL'M ALL :] :]

Offline Soremel

« Reply #833 on: March 22, 2012, 02:00:25 PM »
It is really hard to tell but it doesn't look like it has a die-cut. Strange.

Even stranger, are the two faint vertical lines on the left & right of the sticker. Especially the right side ~ at first I thought it was the sticker front sliding off of the backing but, but upon closer examination, those lines look like pencil lines. The right side vertical edge looks like it was hand cut using that line as a guide. It makes me think that it was either an uncut, unscored sheet that someone cut into individual stickers, or, it's a color copy ~ only hole in the color copy theory is that the seller states that this item has a tan back.

(Whooa, I've got to lay off of the caffeine! 2 hours of sleep each night this week is starting to take its toll!)

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #834 on: March 22, 2012, 02:26:26 PM »
Even stranger, are the two faint vertical lines on the left & right of the sticker. Especially the right side ~ at first I thought it was the sticker front sliding off of the backing but, but upon closer examination, those lines look like pencil lines. The right side vertical edge looks like it was hand cut using that line as a guide. It makes me think that it was either an uncut, unscored sheet that someone cut into individual stickers, or, it's a color copy ~ only hole in the color copy theory is that the seller states that this item has a tan back.

(Whooa, I've got to lay off of the caffeine! 2 hours of sleep each night this week is starting to take its toll!)

Great to hear from you George. Do you know yet if you will make the Spring Philly Show?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #835 on: March 22, 2012, 03:43:07 PM »

As soon as I saw it, I LOLed big time. "It has some yellowing on it's edges". Yeah, all 3 of them.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #836 on: March 22, 2012, 04:11:48 PM »
Great to hear from you George. Do you know yet if you will make the Spring Philly Show?

Hey! How have you been? Yep, I'll be at the Spring Show! I'm going to have a table at this show. Nothing spectacular, a few Wacky odds & ends. It will be the table with the least amount of stuff on it! LOL! I'm primarily going to talk Wackys, trade, etc. I'm planning on bringing some original rejected Wacky art from titles that were considered, but eventually dumped ("Grosstitos" & "Verbal Essence" to name a couple) I will also have the original pencil roughs that were submitted to Topps for those pieces. I'm mostly looking forward to reconnecting with everyone!

• Administrator
« Reply #837 on: March 22, 2012, 04:16:56 PM »
I'm planning on bringing some original rejected Wacky art from titles that were considered, but eventually dumped ("Grosstitos" & "Verbal Essence" to name a couple)
oh no! more snubbed titles!!!!!!  :o

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #838 on: March 22, 2012, 06:48:37 PM »
Hey! How have you been? Yep, I'll be at the Spring Show! I'm going to have a table at this show. Nothing spectacular, a few Wacky odds & ends. It will be the table with the least amount of stuff on it! LOL! I'm primarily going to talk Wackys, trade, etc. I'm planning on bringing some original rejected Wacky art from titles that were considered, but eventually dumped ("Grosstitos" & "Verbal Essence" to name a couple) I will also have the original pencil roughs that were submitted to Topps for those pieces. I'm mostly looking forward to reconnecting with everyone!

I like that title, Verbal Essence. It's instantly recognizable and make you curious to see it. I remember experiencing the same thing as a kid, when you looked at your puzzle piece checklist and read the titles you didn't yet have. Certain titles made you really anticipate finding that card when opening a pack and finally checking it out.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #839 on: March 23, 2012, 12:53:07 AM »
oh no! more snubbed titles!!!!!!  :o

Your choice of emoticon says it all! LOL! (btw, I've nicknamed my promo card piece "Snubbed Crackers"!)