Author Topic: Are these people NUTS???  (Read 893327 times)

Offline lucidjc

Re: Are these people NUTS???
« Reply #525 on: August 12, 2011, 06:37:55 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKAGES-ANS-8-5-Sketch-Flash-Foil-HOT-PACK-GOLD-/320741675422?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aadb1919e

5 bucks a pack for what i would think as containing only silver...Hmmmm.

I do nothing with sports cards. In his listing he shows feedback for HOT packs he has sold in the past. Does anyone know how much "those" chase cards go for?  Would this guy REALLY give away a HOT Sketch/Gold pack???

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #526 on: August 12, 2011, 07:27:16 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKAGES-ANS-8-5-Sketch-Flash-Foil-HOT-PACK-GOLD-/320741675422?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aadb1919e

I do nothing with sports cards. In his listing he shows feedback for HOT packs he has sold in the past. Does anyone know how much "those" chase cards go for?  Would this guy REALLY give away a HOT Sketch/Gold pack???

The thing is I don't think you can tell a gold from a silver through the wrapper. You just know it's a silver or a gold and the odds of it actually being a gold is a 1:1000

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #528 on: August 16, 2011, 06:14:51 AM »

I do nothing with sports cards. In his listing he shows feedback for HOT packs he has sold in the past. Does anyone know how much "those" chase cards go for?  Would this guy REALLY give away a HOT Sketch/Gold pack???

Yea right..what's the probability that one of those packs has a GOLD...they are probably all SILVER $3-$5 each now..

I noticed that know one that has bought these lots has given him ANY feedback...positive or negative...a little wierd..

LET'S TAKE A TALLY:

How many GOLDS have been found on the forum??

1. I FOUND ONE - OPENED LESS THAN 4 BOXES..

PLS FEEL FREE TO ADD...

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #529 on: August 16, 2011, 06:17:56 AM »
The thing is I don't think you can tell a gold from a silver through the wrapper. You just know it's a silver or a gold and the odds of it actually being a gold is a 1:1000

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!! SO ITS KINDA MISLEADING TO WRITE - GOLD? SKETCH?

HOW DOES HE KNOW THAT A SKETCH WILL RESIDE WHERE A GOLD OR SILVER MIGHT BE - HAS THIS BEEN PROVEN?? CARDGARY MIGHT BE ABLE TO SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS ONE?

ANYONE PULL A SKETCH WHERE A GOLD OR SILVER MIGHT RESIDE..NEXT TO A TAG OR MAGENT??

Offline Hustler08

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #531 on: August 16, 2011, 07:04:22 AM »

Yea right..what's the probability that one of those packs has a GOLD...they are probably all SILVER $3-$5 each now..

I noticed that know one that has bought these lots has given him ANY feedback...positive or negative...a little wierd..

LET'S TAKE A TALLY:

PLS FEEL FREE TO ADD...

I had one gold border in a case of 8 boxes.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #532 on: August 16, 2011, 07:12:00 AM »
YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!! SO ITS KINDA MISLEADING TO WRITE - GOLD? SKETCH?

HOW DOES HE KNOW THAT A SKETCH WILL RESIDE WHERE A GOLD OR SILVER MIGHT BE - HAS THIS BEEN PROVEN?? CARDGARY MIGHT BE ABLE TO SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS ONE?

ANYONE PULL A SKETCH WHERE A GOLD OR SILVER MIGHT RESIDE..NEXT TO A TAG OR MAGENT??

- My sketch card came in one of the "Silver border card - Pack to the Future card" packs as an extra card

- My gold border card came in a pack in the sequence where a  "Pink border card - Movie card" pack
  should have been.  The gold bordered card  replaced the pink border card.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 10:30:14 AM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #533 on: August 16, 2011, 09:48:26 AM »
I had one gold border in a case of 8 boxes.

I got two gold borders. One from a hobby box and one from a gravity feed.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #534 on: August 16, 2011, 11:13:54 AM »

LET'S TAKE A TALLY:

PLS FEEL FREE TO ADD...

so GOLD BORDERS FOUND IN:

1. Hobby Boxes - 8 box case
2. Gravity Feeds - Target

Any found in BONUS boxes or Blisters??

Offline mallomartian

« Reply #535 on: August 17, 2011, 06:52:14 AM »
Why are Target bonus boxes selling for nearly $40.00??
Is someone trying to make this a ANS1 target box.
I just saw two in my target yesterday. maybe I should go grab them...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-WACKY-PACKAGES-ANS8-SEALED-BONUS-BOX-B4-MAXIUM-WOW-/380362395924?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588f5d9114

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #536 on: August 17, 2011, 07:17:21 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-WACKY-PACKAGES-ANS8-SEALED-BONUS-BOX-B4-MAXIUM-WOW-/380362395924?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588f5d9114

I went to 5 Targets last weekend and only found 3 bonus boxes. Seems as though each store only gets two boxes and that's it. I think people are having a hard time finding them so they say f#¢% it and buy them on ebay for higher dollar. I sold one for $16.99 (after the ebay and paypal fees I think I made 3 bucks off of it) and I have another one up for $24.99, the third one is in my collection, for now anyway. I have panicked in the past and bought bonus boxes high on ebay a few times myself....

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #537 on: August 17, 2011, 07:24:31 AM »
The Target I go to had only one, and seems to replenish its supply with one box at a time.

And the cards in there were somewhat curved, as if someone grabbed them with their fist
and "scrunched" them a bit.  Not too serious, but could be better.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #538 on: August 17, 2011, 07:38:00 AM »

I think they are somewhat tough to find but not nearly enough to justify that kind of price.  Also, if you are looking at one of Clint's auctions you need to take the price with a grain of salt.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #539 on: August 17, 2011, 07:58:30 AM »
I think they are somewhat tough to find but not nearly enough to justify that kind of price.  Also, if you are looking at one of Clint's auctions you need to take the price with a grain of salt.

9046clint has 3 available for $39.97 with free shipping and cardgarys has 8 available at $39.97 with $5.95 shipping.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #540 on: August 17, 2011, 09:41:12 AM »
9046clint has 3 available for $39.97 with free shipping and cardgarys has 8 available at $39.97 with $5.95 shipping.

Don't get it 'bigmuc' selling the non-ltd poster PC7 set = all postcards + poster for $1 + $5 S&H = How does he even make money on that...after ebay and paypal fees and listing fees...seems like he's selling it for free..even if he makes $1 on S&H - lot of work for nothing...crazy...

I have one of those posters for sale if any one needs one... ;D

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #541 on: August 17, 2011, 10:19:53 AM »

Well I just won the B4 bonus for $3.00 + shipping so it can't be too rare!  I think it's a little bit of hype on the dealers part.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #542 on: August 17, 2011, 02:00:25 PM »

And a shot of whisky.  Clints prices are off the hook.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #543 on: August 17, 2011, 02:42:40 PM »
Well I just won the B4 bonus for $3.00 + shipping so it can't be too rare!  I think it's a little bit of hype on the dealers part.

Initially I though these would be tough and bought one for $10. Now I believe I have about 10 extras. They are not scarce.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #545 on: August 24, 2011, 07:17:53 AM »
We all know 9046clint is NUTS, but Bi-Polar???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-TOPPS-WACKY-PACKAGES-SERIES-ANS8-SEALED-HOBBY-BOX-/220819242770?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3369da3f12

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-TOPPS-WACKY-PACKAGES-SERIES-ANS8-SEALED-RETAIL-BOX-/380357276420?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588f0f7304

He probably just wants to get rid of so many at the lower price and the others sell or keep or open up himself. I've seen this before with sellers listing the same item at a different price. It's either a mistake, a gimmick or just want to blow out some of the extra stock.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #547 on: August 24, 2011, 08:12:00 AM »
One is a hobby box and the other is a retail box. I don't know why they would be different prices though.

Are Hobby boxes worth more than Retail boxes?? for ANS8?? - and how about ANS7?? - the hobby box had a poster and the retail did not...is one hard to find than the other...anyone?? would think both are the same price...clint has ANS7 Hobby @ $49 and Retail @ $39 what's up with that??

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #548 on: August 24, 2011, 01:25:05 PM »
Are Hobby boxes worth more than Retail boxes?? for ANS8?? - and how about ANS7?? - the hobby box had a poster and the retail did not...is one hard to find than the other...anyone?? would think both are the same price...clint has ANS7 Hobby @ $49 and Retail @ $39 what's up with that??

Maybe he's unaware that there is no difference this time around. Or it may be just what I said a few posts ago.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #549 on: August 24, 2011, 01:31:19 PM »
One is a hobby box and the other is a retail box. I don't know why they would be different prices though.

They are different prices because the Hobby box costs $10.00 more from the dealers so he's just passing on the costs.  I think Topps messed up with that because with no poster it doesn't make sense to buy the Hobby boxes.  I bought a Hobby case and if I had known I would have made them all Retail.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #550 on: August 24, 2011, 03:43:19 PM »
He probably just wants to get rid of so many at the lower price and the others sell or keep or open up himself. I've seen this before with sellers listing the same item at a different price. It's either a mistake, a gimmick or just want to blow out some of the extra stock.

I think the fear is he might have found a sketch or gold in a case and then decided to sell the other boxes from that same case.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #551 on: August 24, 2011, 03:52:39 PM »
I think the fear is he might have found a sketch or gold in a case and then decided to sell the other boxes from that same case.

I wouldn't buy a box from him at either price for that very reason.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #552 on: August 24, 2011, 05:57:49 PM »
I wouldn't buy a box from him at either price for that very reason.

I wouldnt buy any boxes from anyone selling packs or already opened sketches. I've been very lucky with blisters this time, just pulled a gold from a blister. That makes 1 sketch and 1 gold from 111 packs. 39 of which came from a Target suspect of being searched. I didnt get 1 chase from 39 packs.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #553 on: August 24, 2011, 05:59:48 PM »
My target had 6 boxes.  About a 10 days ago. I left them there.  They are now gone.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #554 on: August 24, 2011, 06:35:40 PM »
My target had 6 boxes.  About a 10 days ago. I left them there.  They are now gone.

My Target had 6 bonus boxes as well.  My mom and I bought 2 to open together.  I've got to get back there to see if the others sold yet, and to look for some more bonus blisters.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #555 on: August 24, 2011, 07:05:30 PM »
My Target had 6 bonus boxes as well.  My mom and I bought 2 to open together.  I've got to get back there to see if the others sold yet, and to look for some more bonus blisters.
Mine had like 5 or 6 bonus blisters a week ago.  I left them all behind as I had bought the three I needed a week before to get my B1-B3.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #556 on: August 24, 2011, 07:15:42 PM »

Is this theory iron clad? That if you pull a sketch from a case - the rest of the boxes DEFINATELY do not have a sketch?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #557 on: August 24, 2011, 07:24:05 PM »
Is this theory iron clad? That if you pull a sketch from a case - the rest of the boxes DEFINATELY do not have a sketch?

Just look at the odds. It's highly unlikely.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #558 on: August 24, 2011, 07:30:48 PM »
Just look at the odds. It's highly unlikely.
Nonsense.  Unless it is proven that the collation is such that each case only gets one Gold, your suggesting that a previous random event impacts a future event is nonsense.  Are you the type who believes the odds of flipping a coin and getting heads immediately after flipping a coin and getting heads is less than 50/50?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #559 on: August 24, 2011, 07:38:56 PM »
Nonsense.  Unless it is proven that the collation is such that each case only gets one Gold, your suggesting that a previous random event impacts a future event is nonsense.  Are you the type who believes the odds of flipping a coin and getting heads immediately after flipping a coin and getting heads is less than 50/50?

I do know the odds are against you to pull another one so why take the chance? Just sell the other boxes and move on. I would rather play the odds.

anything