Author Topic: Are these people NUTS???  (Read 893348 times)

wackyone

Re: Are these people NUTS???
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2010, 09:01:59 PM »
There! I just listed 9 miscut Pupsi's and at a starting price of just $.99. Have at it miscut collectors!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230519154369

my bid was canceled and it's ended???..wtf?...did ya get some big offer to pull it?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2010, 09:09:36 PM »
my bid was canceled and it's ended???..wtf?...did ya get some big offer to pull it?
What do you mean your bid? The top bidder bought a few other things from me so I negotiated a price with him to sell it along with the other cards he bought. Did you have a snipe in there?
What I find is most anything on ebay is up for negotiations. I saw that Cardgary yesterday sold a gold Wiiz that I may have been after. I messaged him to see if it was sold and he said yes. I didn't have a chance. With ebay fee's, people with try and get around the extra cost.

wackyone

« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2010, 09:16:27 PM »
i'm not busting yer balls,,,i do it all the time as well
just funny that this would warrent that type of transaction...must be worth more money then i thought
next time i'll bid $2  :D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2010, 09:52:30 PM »
i'm not busting yer balls,,,i do it all the time as well
just funny that this would warrent that type of transaction...must be worth more money then i thought
next time i'll bid $2  :D

It's not a tremendous amount of money but it would be a lot cheaper to buy than a set of foils. You also have to realize I pulled these expecting to have sets of foils and now I am about 9 pupsi's short :'(

wackyone

« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2010, 10:01:41 PM »
ya that's gonna suck for lots of people,,,to tell ya truth though,,,a page of 9 mis-cuts would be cool to keep

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2010, 10:05:04 PM »
ya that's gonna suck for lots of people,,,to tell ya truth though,,,a page of 9 mis-cuts would be cool to keep

Oh, now you throw that in my face ;)
I'm really not a fan of miscut cards. I don't like them. I like everything to be perfect in my collection. The only thing I have found with my collection is that I am not perfect..LOL

wackyone

« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2010, 11:50:14 PM »
 :]...ya i'm wit ya,,,i hate mis-cuts,,i spent alot of money to make sure my collection has none as well but it;s more of a novelty item when ya get a page of them like that

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2010, 06:27:05 AM »
What do you mean your bid? The top bidder bought a few other things from me so I negotiated a price with him to sell it along with the other cards he bought. Did you have a snipe in there?
What I find is most anything on ebay is up for negotiations. I saw that Cardgary yesterday sold a gold Wiiz that I may have been after. I messaged him to see if it was sold and he said yes. I didn't have a chance. With ebay fee's, people with try and get around the extra cost.

What is your personal policy for pulling down an auction?  I personally won't do it if there are bids on the item.  At least if there are no bids I can justify it by saying "no one was interested, there were no bids", but it still bothers me a little to be honest.

People can say what they want about eBay, but it provides us incredible exposure as buyers and sellers that I know I would miss greatly if it wasn't there.  If you are going to take advantage of the exposure they provide you don't they deserve to make a little money in return?  I think they do, and that's why it bothers me when I pull down an auction.  It's not the way the system is supposed to work.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2010, 06:51:44 AM »
What is your personal policy for pulling down an auction?  I personally won't do it if there are bids on the item.  At least if there are no bids I can justify it by saying "no one was interested, there were no bids", but it still bothers me a little to be honest.

People can say what they want about eBay, but it provides us incredible exposure as buyers and sellers that I know I would miss greatly if it wasn't there.  If you are going to take advantage of the exposure they provide you don't they deserve to make a little money in return?  I think they do, and that's why it bothers me when I pull down an auction.  It's not the way the system is supposed to work.

From the opposite side, I can tell you how much it stinks to be bidding on an item, and then it's just gone.  That's happened to me a number of times, and I frequently now feel, why bother trying?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2010, 06:57:30 AM »
From the opposite side, I can tell you how much it stinks to be bidding on an item, and then it's just gone.  That's happened to me a number of times, and I frequently now feel, why bother trying?

Exactly, and that's why I won't pull one down if there is a bid.  It's happened to me as a buyer and it stinks, especially if there is something you really want.  If there are others out there like me it would be wise to put an early bid in just to show interest.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2010, 09:03:29 AM »

I have only pulled down 2 auctions with bidding in the last 10 years. I have pulled down about 20 auctions in the last couple years with no bidding to sell off of ebay. I really didn't think the miscut auction would get much notice but I guess it has. The guy that bought it was also the top bidder and I got 4 times as much for it as he was bidding. The auction could have gone higher but I really didn't care. I totally agree that ebay is great for exposure and we need it. I don't plan to do this on a regular basis.

wackyone

« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2010, 09:16:25 AM »
they are steep,,,i'm mean 12%,,,plus listing fee's..it's just to much

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2010, 09:27:23 AM »
I have only pulled down 2 auctions with bidding in the last 10 years. I have pulled down about 20 auctions in the last couple years with no bidding to sell off of ebay. I really didn't think the miscut auction would get much notice but I guess it has. The guy that bought it was also the top bidder and I got 4 times as much for it as he was bidding. The auction could have gone higher but I really didn't care. I totally agree that ebay is great for exposure and we need it. I don't plan to do this on a regular basis.

But what if somebody came on here and said, "SOLD!!"
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2010, 10:18:24 AM »
But what if somebody came on here and said, "SOLD!!"

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2010, 11:00:08 AM »
...don't they deserve to make a little money in return?.

Key word being "little"... End of auction fees + Paypal fees add up to a lot more than a little.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2010, 03:41:52 PM »
Exactly, and that's why I won't pull one down if there is a bid.  It's happened to me as a buyer and it stinks, especially if there is something you really want.  If there are others out there like me it would be wise to put an early bid in just to show interest.
I pull auctions regularly but only if they have no bids.  Most of the time, I run fixed price auctions, accepting offers and then I sell off line.  If you review my past listed auctions that were not relisted, 90% of them had been sold privately.  Pollydent art is a good example.  My extra set of Old School sketches would be another.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2010, 07:29:35 PM »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2010, 07:34:11 PM »
This is getting crazy.......how can we be expected to collect these at these prices?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacky-Packages-ANS-7-COLOR-SKETCH-CARD-Fred-Wheaton-/380265715717?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58899a5805

Did you even look at the gold I posted? You could get a whole set cheap!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2010, 12:44:17 PM »
I get the same feeling with sketch cards as the housing market in 2005/2006. Kept wondering what the heck people were thinking and then... *POP!!*

Kind of like Tulip Mania in 17th century Netherlands.

Perhaps we're in the midst of a Sketch Card Bubble...

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2010, 06:11:22 PM »
What's with these Ebay sellers running auctions for the (still available from Topps) cereal box sets for double the cost???

http://tinyurl.com/Cereal-Box-Ripoff

The same seller is selling the Poligripe card for the same cost of the entire collectors kit that includes Poligripe.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2010, 06:16:38 PM »
What's with these Ebay sellers running auctions for the (still available from Topps) cereal box sets for double the cost???

The same seller is selling the Poligripe card for the same cost of the entire collectors kit that includes Poligripe.

They are fishing for suckers!

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2010, 12:24:05 PM »

Its probably 'Turbo???' he's notorious for that!! Fishing for suckers!!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2010, 12:52:37 PM »
Funny. We should call these people, Keystone Seller's. That's a nice mark up! Maybe it's a "handling charge"?  haha

I've been wondering (maybe I missed it), do we have any idea of how many trays were (or will be) produced? Do we know if the cereal box sets will be available for several years to come?

I have the same question about the regular edition postcards. I see Topps still has all of the postcard series available, including series 1 from 2007, and wonder if or how long it will take to sell out, or if they every will.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 12:54:31 PM by Jean Nutty »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #130 on: September 07, 2010, 01:00:59 PM »
Funny. We should call these people, Keystone Seller's. That's a nice mark up! Maybe it's a "handling charge"?  haha

I've been wondering (maybe I missed it), do we have any idea of how many trays were (or will be) produced? Do we know if the cereal box sets will be available for several years to come?

I have the same question about the regular edition postcards. I see Topps still has all of the postcard series available, including series 1 from 2007, and wonder if or how long it will take to sell out, or if they every will.
I don't know how many cereal boxes Topps made but they will eventually sell out because they are ANS7 product. They can keep printing postcards as long as they want.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2010, 05:21:01 PM »

There seems to be a trend lately to list items at obscene prices.  I don't remember this happening until recently...............

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacky-Packages-ANS7-RARE-GOLD-Flash-Foil-WETFLIX-20-/260663175935?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb0bc6aff

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2010, 05:22:49 PM »

This one cracks me up too!  I seems that every time I see this auction the dude is listing it higher and higher............

http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKAGES-MICHAEL-JACKSON-10-STARS-ORIGINAL-ART-/130430343730?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5e411a32

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2010, 05:44:24 PM »
This one cracks me up too!  I seems that every time I see this auction the dude is listing it higher and higher............

http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKAGES-MICHAEL-JACKSON-10-STARS-ORIGINAL-ART-/130430343730?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5e411a32

I'm waiting for it to hit six figures - maybe then it will sell!  If not, he might just keep it forever!

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2010, 08:42:32 PM »

Yeah, I've seen that one from $18k onward. Hilarious.

Seems to be under the delusion: "If it doesn't sell, it's obviously not expensive enough."  :-\

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2010, 09:53:36 PM »

That guy is losing cash on the insertion fee's. Doesn't make sense. He has been trying to peddle that art for a year now. I actually don't like it at all.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2010, 09:56:06 PM »
That guy is losing cash on the insertion fee's. Doesn't make sense. He has been trying to peddle that art for a year now. I actually don't like it at all.
The insertion fees are barely 50 cents with all of the specials ebay has been running.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #139 on: September 12, 2010, 09:12:56 AM »

I sent him an friendly email letting him know he accidentally added an extra "0" onto his price.  The funny think is even with the zero missing it's still too high!