Author Topic: Are these people NUTS???  (Read 892986 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: Are these people NUTS???
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2010, 08:50:22 AM »

This dude lists the exact same Cram sticker 4 times and each auction has a picture of Cram from Greg's website.  He also notes that he doesn't combine shipping, so $1.75 shipping for each single sticker.  Crap like this bugs me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1973Topps-Wacky-Packages-Sticker-CRAM-Tan-Backs-/360283409725?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e2908d3d#ht_500wt_1154
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

wackyone

« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2010, 10:19:31 AM »
 :'(  lets get him  >:D

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2010, 11:59:15 AM »
This dude lists the exact same Cram sticker 4 times and each auction has a picture of Cram from Greg's website.  He also notes that he doesn't combine shipping, so $1.75 shipping for each single sticker.  Crap like this bugs me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1973Topps-Wacky-Packages-Sticker-CRAM-Tan-Backs-/360283409725?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e2908d3d#ht_500wt_1154

I saw this too and was about to post on this thread. You beat me to it!
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2010, 12:22:42 PM »
:'(  lets get him  >:D

This was his response when I questioned if it was the actual sticker…………….

"The one you see is the actual card the other ones are the same picture copied---All are the same condition MINT"

It's strange he would say that when obviously all 4 are identical.  You can see the little blemishes in the exact same spot.  The shadowing is a dead give away too.  Who does those on an auction anyway? 

Offline Kook

« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2010, 01:17:03 PM »
Rob,
I had a bad experience with this guy: ebay seller - vitominella. Personally, I would avoid him. I purchased 2 singles from him in June & requested that he ship them together. He said they were from different sellers, so they couldn't be shipped together. I found this very annoying especially because the shipping was $2.25 on a single sticker and it says nowhere in the auctions I won that they couldn't be combined. He has subsequently added that there is no combined shipping to his auctions AFTER that.

That being the case, I paid for them a couple of days apart figuring that if they weren't coming together, let him ship 2 packages if I was paying for 2. I received the 1st package, but I never received the 2nd. When I asked him for a copy of the postal receipts since both packages were gioing to the same place, he just gave the receipt #s dates & times, from the SAME post office and his note said that if I wanted delivery confirmation I should have requested it. Since he originally said that they were from different sellers, I figured he was having them drop shipped, but based on his info, that was NOT the case. He didn't apologize or ask or offer anything further. Someone I definitely thought to myself I would never do business with again.

I then opened a case on ebay, they decided in my favor & refunded the money. A big waste of time & unpleasant experience done mostly for principle, but if anyone else can learn & avoid, by all means, please do.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 01:26:06 PM by billf »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2010, 01:31:31 PM »
Rob,
I had a bad experience with this guy: ebay seller - vitominella. Personally, I would avoid him. I purchased 2 singles from him in June & requested that he ship them together. He said they were from different sellers, so they couldn't be shipped together. I found this very annoying especially because the shipping was $2.25 on a single sticker and it says nowhere in the auctions I won that they couldn't be combined. He has subsequently added that there is no combined shipping to his auctions AFTER that.

That being the case, I paid for them a couple of days apart figuring that if they weren't coming together, let him ship 2 packages if I was paying for 2. I received the 1st package, but I never received the 2nd. When I asked him for a copy of the postal receipts since both packages were gioing to the same place, he just gave the receipt #s dates & times, from the SAME post office and his note said that if I wanted delivery confirmation I should have requested it. Since he originally said that they were from different sellers, I figured he was having them drop shipped, but based on his info, that was NOT the case. He didn't apologize or ask or offer anything further. Someone I definitely thought to myself I would never do business with again.

I then opened a case on ebay, they decided in my favor & refunded the money. A big waste of time & unpleasant experience done mostly for principle, but if anyone else can learn & avoid, by all means, please do.

He sounds like someone DEFINITELY to avoid.  Did you leave him a neg?

Offline ROID

« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2010, 01:32:26 PM »
I bought 1 wacky from vitominella. Got busy with the yard and around the house. 2 days pass and I have 3 messages on my ebay page from him demanding my payment of $3.25. Paid him,but left no feedback. I'll stick with Ted Jeffrey and Paul Mandan. I got 16 wackys from Paul in 1 shipment...$1 postage just as he says. Can't beat that.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2010, 06:50:32 PM »
I bought 1 wacky from vitominella. Got busy with the yard and around the house. 2 days pass and I have 3 messages on my ebay page from him demanding my payment of $3.25. Paid him,but left no feedback. I'll stick with Ted Jeffrey and Paul Mandan. I got 16 wackys from Paul in 1 shipment...$1 postage just as he says. Can't beat that.

Gotta add that I have made at least  6 purchased from Ted Jeffrey in the past few months and have had great results each time. Nothing I would call a terrific bargain but sometimes its nice to be able to purchase with confidence you will get exactly what was advertised at a fair price... sometime no surprises is worth a hair bit extra.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline freetoes

« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2010, 06:55:31 PM »
Or maybe it's in Denver.

Good one.  By this reckoning, anything at the Philly Show could be designated Near Mint.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2010, 05:10:48 AM »
Good one.  By this reckoning, anything at the Philly Show could be designated Near Mint.
Good point! Some enterprising seller should make use of that, just to draw attention to their booth.

I was once in a big candy store in Denver and asked for the famous "Denver Mint" that I'd heard so much about. After laughing too much at my own joke, I mentioned that they must hear that joke all the time. However, the two employees behind the counter quite convincingly said that they hadn't. It must have been their first day.

Offline Kook

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2010, 06:14:15 AM »
He sounds like someone DEFINITELY to avoid.  Did you leave him a neg?

I gave him a neutral. He says the post office lost it. Although he is not accomodating (IMO) I gave him the benefit of the doubt in that respect, but did explain that "the item never arrived & ebay refunded my money" in the feedback comments. Live, learn & move on.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2010, 06:38:31 AM »
I gave him a neutral. He says the post office lost it. Although he is not accomodating (IMO) I gave him the benefit of the doubt in that respect, but did explain that "the item never arrived & ebay refunded my money" in the feedback comments. Live, learn & move on.

That seems fair...based on the fact you got your money back...thx for the info...will definitely beware...

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2010, 05:39:03 PM »
a little bit NUTS here....
listed condition is Mint, brand new, undamaged, etc., when it's kind of obvious there's some issues.... I wonder if they ship it flat or rolled????
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220652269502&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_959wt_1105

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2010, 06:21:49 PM »
listed condition is Mint, brand new, undamaged, etc., when it's kind of obvious there's some issues.... I wonder if they ship it flat or rolled????
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220652269502&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_959wt_1105
I think he has some issues with counting or maybe he uses a numbering system different from ours.....only 7 stickers have fallen off?  Did a bunch more fly off from the force of the flash from his camera?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2010, 01:44:08 AM »
I think he has some issues with counting or maybe he uses a numbering system different from ours.....only 7 stickers have fallen off?  Did a bunch more fly off from the force of the flash from his camera?
"Different numbering system" lol. I appreciate it when people pile on a bit because it helps to catch my attention and to motivate me to click a link or read more about something, and I’m sure glad I clicked that link from Fanatical. I’m going to start crying now. That has to one of the funniest things ever, hun? The flooring and the crystal figurines add a nice touch to the shot. Is this auction some forum member’s idea of a joke? And it’s not even April Fool’s Day. I suspect that sheet spent many years rolling around in the back of a Pinto hatchback with someones Van Halen posters and old sneakers.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2010, 07:06:15 AM »

Holy Crap! That's a bummer! I would love to own a series 5 sheet. I suppose you could always fill in the ones that are missing :D

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2010, 04:27:51 PM »
Holy Crap! That's a bummer! I would love to own a series 5 sheet. I suppose you could always fill in the ones that are missing :D
yeah, it's sad to see uncut sheets from the original run in bad condition. I've always felt that those are some of the coolest items around

Offline bandaches

« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2010, 08:19:17 PM »
I sold my double series 5 sheet earlier this year!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Buz

• Kaijuzoologist
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2010, 03:05:52 PM »

Lots of empty spaces for Jay to draw little sketches . . .
"Gamera always wins!"

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2010, 10:12:56 PM »
I sold my double series 5 sheet earlier this year!
I never saw your sheet but I can imagine it was quite an upgrade from this sheet. ;)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2010, 10:38:21 PM »
I never saw your sheet but I can imagine it was quite an upgrade from this sheet. ;)
I sold it privately, it was available on my listed "for sale" thread on the old forum.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2010, 11:17:10 PM »
I sold it privately, it was available on my listed "for sale" thread on the old forum.

It's strange how most of us collectors (or just buyers) of the 70's probably remember series 4-8 the best but non of those cards have as much value as other sets (other then the obvious short prints). I realize they ramped up production for those sets and people bought a truck load of those sets but still, now, almost 40 years later they don't have the same value even though, I am sure, that most collectors feel those series are dear to their hearts. I still have a very fond memory of series 7. I bought a bunch of that series as it was the peak of my collecting. Now that series isn't that highly regarded by some collectors. I also love the 11th series. I don't know why but that was another series I bought a bunch of and stuck anywhere. In fact, when I got back into this hobby back in 2004 the first set I bought was series 7. To me that holds a lot of sentimental value. I now have a ton of series 7 stuff but it's still fun to collect.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2010, 11:22:26 PM »
This auction may not fall in the 'are these people nuts' column but I think it does say a lot for the hype of the new postcard series. People are trying to get the perfect sketch (whatever that may be) and will take so many chances to see if someone else passed it by.
Look at this auction. It still has 4 days left on it and it's up to almost $160

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNOPENED-287-Wacky-Packs-Series-6-postcards-w-SKETCH-/260648043205

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2010, 06:23:42 AM »
I'd say quite a few buyers/sellers on ebay these days have far surpassed being nuts.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2010, 09:02:13 AM »
This auction may not fall in the 'are these people nuts' column but I think it does say a lot for the hype of the new postcard series. People are trying to get the perfect sketch (whatever that may be) and will take so many chances to see if someone else passed it by.
Look at this auction. It still has 4 days left on it and it's up to almost $160

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNOPENED-287-Wacky-Packs-Series-6-postcards-w-SKETCH-/260648043205
How is this any different than folks buying unopend old school boxes hoping to pull a nice one?  I think if someone crunches the numbers based on % and value of all possible pulls, they will see the calculated value of these "unopened" items is too high.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2010, 10:04:22 AM »
I'd say quite a few buyers/sellers on ebay these days have far surpassed being nuts.

Guilty!

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2010, 02:05:11 PM »
Guilty!

What we used to be able to get at a relatively low winning bid has increased 100, 200% and even more.

wackyone

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2010, 06:46:46 AM »
what the hell is the world comin to,,

http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKAGES-2010-SERIES-7-F7-MISCUT-CARD-/150487288173?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2309bdc96d

Mine is miscut the exact same way.  Worth $25.00?  I don't think so.  Worth not much more likely.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2010, 09:22:20 AM »
Mine is miscut the exact same way.  Worth $25.00?  I don't think so.  Worth not much more likely.

I could possibly see miscuts like these being worth something (maybe even the $25) if they were rare.  But it seems that these are pretty common with this new series!

You could buy it from this guy for $25 and then send it in to Topps for a replacement!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2010, 10:56:46 AM »

wackyone

« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2010, 11:11:42 AM »
OMG   :o
tat's a shame,,,what a bunch of hacks...lemme guess a mint perfect cut Pupsi foil will now go for $100 cause they messed so many up

there ya go i got the bidding started..don't rape me on shipping  :]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:13:36 AM by wackyone »

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2010, 01:22:23 PM »
There! I just listed 9 miscut Pupsi's and at a starting price of just $.99. Have at it miscut collectors!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230519154369

Hey! I got a set exactly like that. So for so many of these miscut foils to have gone out, there must of been a pretty sizable run that slipped through unnoticed. I wonder how these are checked and how often during the printing and cutting process.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2010, 04:43:02 PM »
...don't rape me on shipping  :]
I've never heard that before.
That’s gorgeous.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2010, 06:11:45 PM »
There! I just listed 9 miscut Pupsi's and at a starting price of just $.99. Have at it miscut collectors!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230519154369

That's funny!  I was thinking about listing a budget full set of Foils all with defects.  I bet someone would buy them.

anything