Author Topic: Are these people NUTS???  (Read 893446 times)

Offline Swiski

Re: Are these people NUTS???
« Reply #2730 on: December 23, 2022, 05:51:33 AM »
The footprints indicate that this sticker was part of the Lost Wackys "Walky" Packages sub-set that were mysteriously uncovered last week...

Seriously?! Can you post a link to the article about these "Walky" Packages?

Offline quas

« Reply #2731 on: December 23, 2022, 06:12:43 AM »
Seriously?! Can you post a link to the article about these "Walky" Packages?

I think that post was pulling our leg (by the foot).
Marc

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #2732 on: December 23, 2022, 03:37:50 PM »
The Big Baddy has little footprints in the border:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/394389650551
As a kid I was always big on cereal box prizes, as I’m sure many here also were.

Sometime during the OS run, maybe sometime after, not sure, Honeycomb cereal had a prize I was SO pumped about at the time - a ‘footprint roller’.  Footprints of any one of three different types, I’m thinking human, bear paws and bird’s feet, something in that vein, were molded in relief on a cylindrical plastic drum with a handle.  Together with a black ink pad, you could ink up the roller and then roll out a path of prints on paper.  Didn’t work particularly well because the plastic didn’t hold ink like a rubber stamp does, but you could at least get one or two sets of prints after each inking.  Anyhoo, that’s where I think the prints on the Big Baddy came from.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #2733 on: December 25, 2022, 09:05:27 AM »
Jeff That is HYSTERICAL!

George!!!!!!!!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline drono

« Reply #2735 on: January 03, 2023, 09:54:43 AM »
This really grinds my gears. They take a $2 pack, open it and try to sell the contents for STUPID money...Really??

And they want $5.60 to ship it!

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #2737 on: January 15, 2023, 02:42:54 PM »
After an infuriating first take, I tried to think about this from the perspective of a hypothetical seller who is simply completely ignorant about anything related to card collecting, grading, etc.  if ‘never peeled’ means ‘never permanently stuck’ and ‘minor edgewear’ is meant for the sticker alone, then this seller is at the very least oblivious to the basic notion that the condition of the entire card matters, not just the removable sticker part.  And FWIW, the condition of the Secrets sticker alone isn’t all that great either.  Above all, the $17 minimum bid classifies this seller as delusional no matter how much grace one might wish to extend.

I guess I’m nuts too for giving this way too much thought...

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #2738 on: January 16, 2023, 06:15:03 AM »
Price gouging is one thing, but i think the total obliviousness about grade and terminology mean this person is ignorant/naïve. You would think he/she could check other auctions to make sure their asking price is within the market range…..

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #2739 on: January 16, 2023, 08:35:16 AM »
Price gouging is one thing, but i think the total obliviousness about grade and terminology mean this person is ignorant/naïve. You would think he/she could check other auctions to make sure their asking price is within the market range…..
Yes, clearly no attempt was made to self-educate whatsoever on this category of collectibles.  It kind of reminds me of the long period from early 80’s to late 90’s when I never thought I would never again see any non-reprinted titles.  At some point in the early 80’s I found a small metal box with a Bathless Ribbons and Mare Cigarettes stuck inside the lid - I carefully peeled them off, got them off in one piece albeit with some edge damage, applied them to a blank card, had to store them under pressure in a heavy book to flatten them and make them adhere, etc., and for years I valued them because they were all I had.  Now it’s just sort of a pathetic memory.  The sense I get is that in a similar way, this seller thinks they’ve stumbled onto something rare, one-of-a-kind, etc.  The main difference is that I was operating with blinders on in the 80’s - no Internet, no knowledge of The Wrapper, card shows, etc.  This seller has none of those obstacles.  Google WPs and there’s everything you could ever want to know.

Offline Corndog

• Corndog....the NEW Blunder
  • There's no need to fear, because Corndog is here.
« Reply #2740 on: January 21, 2023, 05:23:16 PM »

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #2741 on: January 21, 2023, 08:40:39 PM »
I dont see amy copyrights, so it looks like half of those are re-stuck….Yikes!

Offline freetoes

« Reply #2742 on: January 22, 2023, 06:56:48 AM »
I dont see amy copyrights, so it looks like half of those are re-stuck….Yikes!

They're just borderless. I never knew kids did that, but apparently it was quite common.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #2743 on: January 22, 2023, 07:52:18 AM »
They're just borderless. I never knew kids did that, but apparently it was quite common.
I peeled and stuck wackys all over the place but never did I strip off the borders and keep them like that.  No idea what the appeal would be to strip off the borders.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2744 on: January 22, 2023, 09:26:21 AM »
I peeled and stuck wackys all over the place but never did I strip off the borders and keep them like that.  No idea what the appeal would be to strip off the borders.

To get rid of the copyright, I assume.

Offline drono

« Reply #2745 on: January 22, 2023, 02:43:04 PM »
I remember doing that to one and thought it looked cool. I'm glad that I stopped at one.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #2746 on: January 23, 2023, 12:18:31 AM »

I originally created a "book" of wackys, with the stickers botch-taped to loose leaf notebook paper.   Later I decided they would be more desirable in their original "free range" form, and was horrified that the tape residue tore some of the borders while trying to remove them from the loose leaf paper.   So, removing the borders became "necessary" for aesthetic purposes....ouch.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #2747 on: January 24, 2023, 07:20:10 PM »
Dennis,

I am so glad you did not lick and stick your Ratz and Cracked Animals 1967 Cards!!!!
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline drono

« Reply #2748 on: January 25, 2023, 12:56:03 PM »
Dennis,

I am so glad you did not lick and stick your Ratz and Cracked Animals 1967 Cards!!!!
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Richard
#StayWacky

If I'd had them in 1967, when I was only 3, I probably would have.  I remember my dad giving me a wallet when I was about 4 or 5, and I trimmed some of my football cards to fit in the plastic picture inserts.  One was a Joe Namath, but I don't think it was his rookie card. It was probably a 1969.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 12:59:30 PM by drono »

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #2749 on: January 29, 2023, 08:45:55 AM »
Dennis - HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHHAHAHAAH

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline drono

« Reply #2754 on: February 10, 2023, 08:36:30 PM »
I'm sure that the seller uses the same description for all listings, but it's really comical for this one

Condition: Used
“Sticker as Pictured. I'm not a grading expert, no guarantee card will grade well.”

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #2755 on: February 10, 2023, 09:16:28 PM »
I'm sure that the seller uses the same description for all listings, but it's really comical for this one

Condition: Used
“Sticker as Pictured. I'm not a grading expert, no guarantee card will grade well.”

Made me think of an advertisement I saw on TV the other day for a pound of Morgan Silver Dollars....in big font on the screen it said "Collector Grade!!!"

Yeh....."AG-3" is technically a "collector grade".    :]
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline drono

« Reply #2756 on: February 19, 2023, 04:24:50 AM »
Factory sealed 1986 set????  So the factory took a team bag, sealed it, and then put a piece of tape over it?  Really???  I guess coolmccool has a factory that does this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115709850969

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #2757 on: February 19, 2023, 07:49:30 AM »
I guess coolmccool has a factory that does this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115709850969
Well, sure! 'cause he's coolmccool!! Also, how many f--king pictures of a little stack of cards are needed?  :sad:

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #2758 on: February 24, 2023, 06:31:37 PM »
Dennis,

At least they did use a shrink wrap machine on it!!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #2759 on: March 29, 2023, 10:02:44 AM »
Not sure if this is nuts or not….seller asking $675 for all monthly sets from 2021…All sets are still in boxes, so could chaser items make these sets worth this?

Offline drono

« Reply #2760 on: March 29, 2023, 10:10:33 AM »
Not sure if this is nuts or not….seller asking $675 for all monthly sets from 2021…All sets are still in boxes, so could chaser items make these sets worth this?

Or did the seller remove the chasers and reseal the sets? 

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #2761 on: April 12, 2023, 12:26:18 AM »
Or did the seller remove the chasers and reseal the sets?

I would expect them to be just base sets. At 60 bucks a set with goodies, I guess the out of print 12 base sets at that price while high, its not out of the ballpark. $2.81 a card.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #2763 on: April 23, 2023, 09:25:30 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Richard
#StayWacky