Author Topic: Are these people NUTS???  (Read 906921 times)

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
Re: Are these people NUTS???
« Reply #2310 on: November 12, 2020, 04:52:55 PM »
Pffft...lol. Been a long time since I laughed out loud...........thanks

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #2311 on: November 12, 2020, 06:06:21 PM »
Not really on topic, but I just got this message from eBay when I deleted something from my watched items list.  WTFO?

Now I'm wishing I had clicked on the hyperlink to see exactly what I listed.  I wonder who the message was for, and if they're wondering how they deleted something from their watched items list while they were listing this.  An eBay search for the title produced 0 results.  Remove the apostrophe from cow's and you get some really interested results matching fewer words.
I once got a message just as weird following a Paypal checkout - message said “Hi heather!” and “ham0706” or something like that, presumably “Heather’s” user ID.  Utterly baffling.  And the user interface functionality goes off-kilter for weeks on end at times, with no changes in settings on the user’s part.  Navigating Watched Items has been a real joy lately.

Offline drono

« Reply #2312 on: November 12, 2020, 07:35:49 PM »
Well, the item I "deleted" is back on my list.  I've been trying to delete it for over a week now, but it won't go away.  I used to get the message that it couldn't be deleted and to try again later.  So I tried again, and got the same message about listing the Spam and Eggs book as before.  I looked at the hyperlinks now, and they all go back to my summary page.  However when I go to the actual item, it doesn't show that I'm watching it.  I guess the new eBay UI is having some issues.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #2313 on: November 16, 2020, 10:09:58 AM »
It's nice to see that someone thinks a bunch of Wacky Packages stuck on a worthless old 20 cent Mead folder makes it worth $27.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324324127974

I appreciate a bit of humor in a description. This guy Jon says the fact his name was written on the folder when he was 7 years old is "provenance" . . . That he says the folder is, "A one-of-a-kind, true handmade vintage piece!" is puzzling. I guess I create folk art every time I use postage stamps.

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #2314 on: November 23, 2020, 11:11:45 AM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1976-1977-Topps-Wacky-Packages-16th-Series-16-Complete-Sticker-Set-30-30-EX/383753656228?hash=item59598017a4:g:q4kAAOSwe~ZffJwt

This set is not even the routine and customary NRMT  condition that most of us have...  and with no puzzle?

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline drono

« Reply #2318 on: November 27, 2020, 10:14:08 AM »
You've got to wonder if they're just blind.  What about the Beastball puzzle on the back makes it a white back?  Because the border is white (instead of black like the OPC OS 3rd series)?  I think I'll ask.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #2319 on: November 27, 2020, 10:15:42 AM »
And what about that 1975 in the image. So many years, so, so confusing!   :] :] :]

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #2320 on: November 27, 2020, 01:43:34 PM »
The shipping is more than the sticker is worth.

jim

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #2321 on: December 04, 2020, 10:44:23 AM »
Here is a great lot to pick up on Ebay!  It is soo refreshing to see the seller is asking the rock bottom price of only $5000 due to the hard times we find ourselves in.  Did I mention that there a several rare border-less stickers and most are in VG or poor condition? That just proves they have been played with....  soo nostalgic.   I will bid with confidence knowing this seller did absolutely NO research before putting this ultra rare lot on Ebay for such a rock bottom price.   Act fast to pick up these rare mid range stickers while you can.   :o :-\ :-X >:D 8) >(

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Wacky-Packages-LOT-OF-257-Cards-L-k/184556908794?hash=item2af872f0fa:g:5awAAOSwJX5fweEa

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #2322 on: December 04, 2020, 11:49:58 AM »
but there is a pupsi and a heavy in there.  That has to count for something? :]

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #2323 on: December 04, 2020, 11:53:12 AM »
but there is a pupsi and a heavy in there.  That has to count for something? :]
Why, yes! $2495 each for those...

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #2324 on: December 04, 2020, 12:00:35 PM »
I would offer maybe $100 for the lot...  only to complete my many extra mid grades near sets I have.  I hold on to them for anyone looking to create a 1-16, but are not looking for NRMT...  :o

Offline drono

« Reply #2325 on: December 04, 2020, 12:17:06 PM »
When I see something like this, I always find it interesting to look at the other items the seller has listed to see if they are all as outrageously priced.  I'm nowhere near an expert on anything else he has, but they all seem to be a little higher than normal but not this high.

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #2326 on: December 06, 2020, 12:23:34 PM »
Below is another Ebay auction which blows my mind.  Some folks ignore them, but I just don't get it.  How can the seller think these are worth what he is asking?  If I saw them at a garage sale, I would offer $5 with the hopes of making some magnets out of them or to "stick them all over the place"......  have fun with this one....  8)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wacky-Packages-200-Cards-VG-Very-Good-Condition-Cards-1970s-2000s/164562740455?hash=item2650b424e7:g:i0MAAOSwtllfzSst

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #2327 on: December 06, 2020, 12:29:09 PM »
Below is another Ebay auction which blows my mind.  Some folks ignore them, but I just don't get it.  How can the seller think these are worth what he is asking?  If I saw them at a garage sale, I would offer $5 with the hopes of making some magnets out of them or to "stick them all over the place"......  have fun with this one....  8)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wacky-Packages-200-Cards-VG-Very-Good-Condition-Cards-1970s-2000s/164562740455?hash=item2650b424e7:g:i0MAAOSwtllfzSst
   I get frustrated looking for deals on Ebay just like you;  I can't help myself sometimes and message them telling them to do some actual research and contemplate changing the asking price, at the same time make it sound as if I am helping them.

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #2328 on: December 06, 2020, 12:41:45 PM »
   I get frustrated looking for deals on Ebay just like you;  I can't help myself sometimes and message them telling them to do some actual research and contemplate changing the asking price, at the same time make it sound as if I am helping them.

I no longer support or use Evil-Bay or Pay(up)Pal, as I often had too many problems.  When I was active on Ebay I often would reach out to the clueless sellers.  Most would act all offended and accept no constructive criticism at all.  So I quickly gave up trying.  I now rely on this forum for anything I am looking for and it has worked out quite well.  I don't collect the new titles, only 1-16 and related sets like die cuts, Old School etc....  any stickers with the original 1-16 titles I am willing to collect.  I primarily use Cash App to pay people now, but will pay check for larger or more expensive lots if I have too.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2329 on: December 06, 2020, 01:04:53 PM »
I no longer support or use Evil-Bay or Pay(up)Pal, as I often had too many problems.  When I was active on Ebay I often would reach out to the clueless sellers.  Most would act all offended and accept no constructive criticism at all.  So I quickly gave up trying.  I now rely on this forum for anything I am looking for and it has worked out quite well.  I don't collect the new titles, only 1-16 and related sets like die cuts, Old School etc....  any stickers with the original 1-16 titles I am willing to collect.  I primarily use Cash App to pay people now, but will pay check for larger or more expensive lots if I have too.

I absolutely prefer to sell and trade here, but have not had any problems doing that with paypal friends.  A few people still send cash or checks, and I'm OK with that.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #2330 on: December 08, 2020, 09:24:33 PM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Topps-Wacky-Packages-Wearies-2nd-White-Back-NM-Card/274604124862?hash=item3fefae6abe:g:W1MAAOSwxs1fT5gr

1975 nope
wearies nope
2nd nope
NM nope

Other than the above, the seller nailed the details....
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2331 on: December 09, 2020, 06:08:19 AM »
I absolutely prefer to sell and trade here, but have not had any problems doing that with paypal friends.  A few people still send cash or checks, and I'm OK with that.

Because of the new eBay managed payments program paypal is losing a lot of money on eBay items. As a result they have been cracking down on sellers who use PayPal F&F to avoid fees, and have suspended accounts and held balances for 6 months. From what I have heard it has been mostly high dollar, repeat offenders though.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2332 on: December 09, 2020, 06:38:33 AM »
Because of the new eBay managed payments program paypal is losing a lot of money on eBay items. As a result they have been cracking down on sellers who use PayPal F&F to avoid fees, and have suspended accounts and held balances for 6 months. From what I have heard it has been mostly high dollar, repeat offenders though.

Perhaps we will go back to the early ebay days and start asking for checks and money orders.  I remember when they would not allow listers to even add a paypal link to auctions, but then they bought paypal, and starting requiring it.

Any idea what Paypal considers "high dollar" F&F transfers?

Offline drono

« Reply #2333 on: December 09, 2020, 06:39:42 AM »
they have been cracking down on sellers who use PayPal F&F to avoid fees, and have suspended accounts and held balances for 6 months. From what I have heard it has been mostly high dollar, repeat offenders though.

I'm not an eBay seller, but I had my account temporarily suspended earlier this year.  The message mentioned something about selling items, but I've never sold anything and used PayPal.  I simply had to fill out their form and let them know that I only use PayPal to pay for eBay purchases and to send money to family and friends.  Even though the form submission said it could take up to 3 days to have someone review it, they unblocked my account within a few hours.  So apparently their testing algorithm does produce some false positives just like every other one in the world.  So much for AI and fuzzy logic.

I think I was flagged because I make a charitable donation of $50 weekly through PayPal.  That would seem to suggest a pattern of paying for goods and services.

Perhaps we will go back to the early ebay days and start asking for checks and money orders.

I certainly hope not.  I hated those days.  I haven't sold anything since 1998, and having to take a check or a money order to my bank and then wait for it to clear was brutal.  I also traveled a lot without my checkbook, so getting a money order was also a hassle along with the extra wait time for the seller to send the item.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 06:52:30 AM by drono »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2334 on: December 09, 2020, 06:56:17 AM »
Perhaps we will go back to the early ebay days and start asking for checks and money orders.  I remember when they would not allow listers to even add a paypal link to auctions, but then they bought paypal, and starting requiring it.

Any idea what Paypal considers "high dollar" F&F transfers?

A comic book dealer I consigned some books to over the summer sent me $2300 via F&F without telling me he was going to, and included a note referencing the books involved. I was sure I was going to get in trouble over it but nothing happened. Like Doc Ono says, I think they are less concerned with isolated incidents than a pattern of ongoing significant sales.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #2335 on: December 09, 2020, 07:34:02 AM »
A comic book dealer I consigned some books to over the summer sent me $2300 via F&F without telling me he was going to, and included a note referencing the books involved. I was sure I was going to get in trouble over it but nothing happened. Like Doc Ono says, I think they are less concerned with isolated incidents than a pattern of ongoing significant sales.
Paypal is selling transaction insurance thru their fee and they are trying to bully people into buying this transaction protecting.  If they suspend accounts, they will lose all the transactions to Venmo.  I buy and sell through facebook marketplace all the time and the transactions are F and F with no fees with the risk being paypal won't intervene on the transaction if something goes wrong.  they make no money providing this service so I suspect eventually there will be no such thing as F and F when Venmo and paypal collude on this making all transactions have a fee. 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #2336 on: December 09, 2020, 08:15:47 AM »
Perhaps we will go back to the early ebay days and start asking for checks and money orders.
Bite your tongue! Like drono, I hated all that. So much extra time and effort spent. I understand wanting to go back to prior to 2020, but not that far...

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #2337 on: December 09, 2020, 09:52:22 AM »
Bite your tongue! Like drono, I hated all that. So much extra time and effort spent. I understand wanting to go back to prior to 2020, but not that far...

I have been using CashApp on my phone for over a year and have had no issues at all and takes like 10 seconds to send someone money

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2338 on: December 09, 2020, 11:48:23 AM »

I hated it too. 

Offline quas

« Reply #2339 on: December 10, 2020, 02:55:35 PM »
Anyone want to outbid the high bidder?!  And this amount doesn't include 20% buyer's premium.

https://www.milehighcardco.com/1967_Topps_Wacky_Packs__21_Moron_Salt_PSA_9_MINT-LOT74575.aspx
Marc

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #2340 on: December 10, 2020, 04:43:06 PM »
Anyone want to outbid the high bidder?!  And this amount doesn't include 20% buyer's premium.

https://www.milehighcardco.com/1967_Topps_Wacky_Packs__21_Moron_Salt_PSA_9_MINT-LOT74575.aspx
Geez! That is craziness. I get that it's really nice, but...
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 04:45:48 PM by bigtomi »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #2341 on: December 10, 2020, 05:02:52 PM »
Geez! That is craziness. I get that it's really nice, but...
wow, the craziness is the push on the brightness and contrast. No way that card is snow white. False representation.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #2342 on: December 10, 2020, 05:31:11 PM »

And the seller has 2 pure hexes listed at the same time, pure genius

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2343 on: December 11, 2020, 05:44:05 AM »

Geez, it ended at $9,298.80 with the premium.

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #2344 on: December 11, 2020, 05:45:07 AM »
   I can't see this selling, I'd say a PSA 9 is a possible grade to ask that much.  I am watching this one. What would the more reasonable value be for this one be? Anyone?  Matt.https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Topps-Wacky-Packages-Choke-Wagon-4th-Series-PSA-7-NEAR-MINT-TOUGH-Card/303806302802?hash=item46bc444a52:g:ZVkAAOSwcMlf028J