Author Topic: Are these people NUTS???  (Read 513323 times)

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
Re: Are these people NUTS???
« Reply #2310 on: November 12, 2020, 04:52:55 PM »
Pffft...lol. Been a long time since I laughed out loud...........thanks

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #2311 on: November 12, 2020, 06:06:21 PM »
Not really on topic, but I just got this message from eBay when I deleted something from my watched items list.  WTFO?

Now I'm wishing I had clicked on the hyperlink to see exactly what I listed.  I wonder who the message was for, and if they're wondering how they deleted something from their watched items list while they were listing this.  An eBay search for the title produced 0 results.  Remove the apostrophe from cow's and you get some really interested results matching fewer words.
I once got a message just as weird following a Paypal checkout - message said “Hi heather!” and “ham0706” or something like that, presumably “Heather’s” user ID.  Utterly baffling.  And the user interface functionality goes off-kilter for weeks on end at times, with no changes in settings on the user’s part.  Navigating Watched Items has been a real joy lately.

Offline drono

« Reply #2312 on: November 12, 2020, 07:35:49 PM »
Well, the item I "deleted" is back on my list.  I've been trying to delete it for over a week now, but it won't go away.  I used to get the message that it couldn't be deleted and to try again later.  So I tried again, and got the same message about listing the Spam and Eggs book as before.  I looked at the hyperlinks now, and they all go back to my summary page.  However when I go to the actual item, it doesn't show that I'm watching it.  I guess the new eBay UI is having some issues.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #2313 on: November 16, 2020, 10:09:58 AM »
It's nice to see that someone thinks a bunch of Wacky Packages stuck on a worthless old 20 cent Mead folder makes it worth $27.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324324127974

I appreciate a bit of humor in a description. This guy Jon says the fact his name was written on the folder when he was 7 years old is "provenance" . . . That he says the folder is, "A one-of-a-kind, true handmade vintage piece!" is puzzling. I guess I create folk art every time I use postage stamps.

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #2314 on: November 23, 2020, 11:11:45 AM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1976-1977-Topps-Wacky-Packages-16th-Series-16-Complete-Sticker-Set-30-30-EX/383753656228?hash=item59598017a4:g:q4kAAOSwe~ZffJwt

This set is not even the routine and customary NRMT  condition that most of us have...  and with no puzzle?

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!