Author Topic: Are these people NUTS???  (Read 417166 times)

Online 70s_Kid

Re: Are these people NUTS???
« Reply #2205 on: October 18, 2019, 03:41:46 PM »
I don't know if this one has already made it on this thread... but I am still picking myself off the floor.  Asking price of $1500 plus $15 shipping for a set of the original 5th series in maybe Fair to VG condition at best with the rare borderless Cram no less,  and only one puzzle piece?  This is a $15 set for anyone willing to pay for it at all. This is why I left Evilbay and PayUpPal years ago.  I have an extra set of the original 5th series (one of my favs btw) in conservatively EX+/NRMT for the strict graders, with full puzzle that I am willing to sell to anyone on this forum for a mere $50.  Pictures available upon request of course.   I won't get any takers because it is not that rare, as opposed to what this scammer is trying to pull on the uneducated masses.....  really sad state of affairs.

ps...  this joker rates this swill at NRMT?  So, at least he or she knows how cards are rated.... but spent no time seeing if this swill rates this high or is even on the scale at all??  Ebay has cancelled sellers accounts for much less fraud than this.....  wow!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-RARE-VINTAGE-WACKY-PACKAGES-COMPLETE-SET-5th-SERIES/122260880703?hash=item1c7750fd3f:g:zAQAAOSwx2dYHU~b

Online 70s_Kid

« Reply #2206 on: October 18, 2019, 03:45:28 PM »
Obviously they don't -- or they just hope that there's a sucker born every minute with enough cash in his or her hand to pay an outrageous price for something that isn't as valuable as the seller makes it out to be.

until the sucker does 5 minutes of homework.... and then realizes that got had.....

Offline drono

« Reply #2207 on: October 18, 2019, 08:17:44 PM »
until the sucker does 5 minutes of homework.... and then realizes that got had.....

But the sucker won't, and that's what makes him or her a sucker.

I see way too many things listed at prices that won't ever sell unless a true sucker comes along.  But what can eBay do about it?  They can't possibly police every one of the millions of items listed every day. 

They can't even police everyone that breaks a policy.  I've seen magnets coming out of Asia that were just a scaled down copy of an ESPN Magazine body issue cover, which should be a copyright infringement.  I let eBay know, and they took it down.  Then the seller listed it again a couple of weeks later.  Eventually the people reporting it will give up when eBay doesn't do something to permanently stop the seller.  Even then what's to stop them from opening up a new account and doing it again.  We've even had discussions on this forum of similar happenings with non-Topps Wacky Packages items.  After all, more sellers = more buyers = more money for eBay.

Offline drono

« Reply #2208 on: November 09, 2019, 05:01:53 AM »
I saw this yesterday in a survey I got for the Baltimore Comic-Con.  As a software person and survey writer, I know that you should always use definitive answers if you want to be able to completely analyze the results based on demographics.  So I wonder what message they are saying by 1) not using radio buttons with male and female, and 2) giving someone 50 characters to answer.

I answered with: born male, still male, male by God's creation

I left 5 characters unused

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #2209 on: November 09, 2019, 08:00:18 AM »
I saw this yesterday in a survey I got for the Baltimore Comic-Con.  As a software person and survey writer, I know that you should always use definitive answers if you want to be able to completely analyze the results based on demographics.  So I wonder what message they are saying by 1) not using radio buttons with male and female, and 2) giving someone 50 characters to answer.

I answered with: born male, still male, male by God's creation

I left 5 characters unused

In today's overly politically correct world I'm guessing they did this to avoid pissing anyone off.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2210 on: November 09, 2019, 08:03:37 AM »
In today's overly politically correct world I'm guessing they did this to avoid pissing anyone off.

I tend to agree.  For radio buttons, you have to make sure you don't leave anything out.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #2211 on: November 09, 2019, 08:18:10 AM »
o Wacky Packages
o Wacky Packages
o Wacky Packages

anything