Author Topic: Does anyone have a complete list of Wacky bonus and promo cards???  (Read 10466 times)

Offline wackygarbage

Does anyone out there have a complete list of all the Wacky bonus and promo cards in their order of release and for what series they were part of?  If so, please send me a copy to my email address:

michaelsfossils@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Michael

Offline Lavirus

Re: Does anyone have a complete list of Wacky bonus and promo cards???
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 06:30:05 PM »
Actually, this would a great list to post, sticky and update with each new item. I try to pay attention to these things and still they slip by me (Peepers! Who knew?).

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 06:41:33 PM »
Do you guys consider promos as part of a series? Usually the promo is also part of a series. I know Peepers was a different animal and I sure hope Topps doesn't release it as a PC for an upcoming series. It needs to stand on it's own.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 07:52:50 PM »
Do you guys consider promos as part of a series? Usually the promo is also part of a series. I know Peepers was a different animal and I sure hope Topps doesn't release it as a PC for an upcoming series. It needs to stand on it's own.

I do... I put the promo card(s) in my binders with the series it promos.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 05:42:13 AM »
I do... I put the promo card(s) in my binders with the series it promos.

Me too.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 06:34:26 AM »
If it were 5x7 or larger then you might call it a different animal. I consider it part of the overall Wacky postcard product line since it's a published, stand alone, fully rendered Wacky gag.

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 06:50:20 AM »
Me too, I put the promo's in the same binder!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 05:05:46 AM »
If it were 5x7 or larger then you might call it a different animal. I consider it part of the overall Wacky postcard product line since it's a published, stand alone, fully rendered Wacky gag.

I think what sets Peepers apart a little bit is that the art was not used in an actual set, but solely as a promo.  I still consider it part of the postcards, based upon front copyright and the designations on the reverse, and it's in my postcard binder - right now, it's between Series 5 and Series 6, since that's when it was released, but I'm thinking it would go really well with the Halloween 2010 set.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 06:01:18 AM »
I think what sets Peepers apart a little bit is that the art was not used in an actual set, but solely as a promo.  I still consider it part of the postcards, based upon front copyright and the designations on the reverse, and it's in my postcard binder - right now, it's between Series 5 and Series 6, since that's when it was released, but I'm thinking it would go really well with the Halloween 2010 set.
I guess Croca-Cola is in a similar boat. a promo for PC5, but the art wasn't used in a set

and where do people place Osaka Pop Star. To me that's neither a promo nor a bonus card, so I never bothered to get one.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 07:16:22 AM »
I guess Croca-Cola is in a similar boat. a promo for PC5, but the art wasn't used in a set

and where do people place Osaka Pop Star. To me that's neither a promo nor a bonus card, so I never bothered to get one.

Yep, Croca-Cola is similar that way, but for some reason, the fact that it was a postcard set promo issued in regular trading card/sticker size, with a specific series mentioned, sets it apart a bit from Peepers (to me, anyway).  I'd love to see it used postcard sized in a future set (I was looking forward to it with PC5).  And, since it's clearly marked as a PC5 promo, I put those promos in the 9 card pages with the PC5 bio cards and bonus cards.

Osaka Pop Star I have in pages with ANS3 series bonus cards, since that was the time it was released.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 05:09:05 PM »
Quote from: RawGoo link=topic=837.msg21910#msg21910 date=

Osaka Pop Star I have in pages with ANS3 series bonus cards, since that was the time it was released.

Me too, it's a Wacky so it's part of my collection.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline CanadianClod

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 12:48:44 AM »
Me too, it's a Wacky so it's part of my collection.

Hmm...mine is in a hard plastic snap-tight holder,,,in a box...LOL

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 02:10:42 PM »
Does anyone out there have a complete list of all the Wacky bonus and promo cards in their order of release and for what series they were part of?
OK, here's my stab at it. If anyone notes any errors (of omission or otherwise), please let me know and I'll gladly correct/update it.

ANS 1
Bonus
B1 - Asteroids
B2 - Coach Motel

Red border promos
#1 - Mr. Coffin
#2 - Sludgsicle
#3 - Coach Motel
Strip of 3 cards that has the Grease Burger version of Fright Castle

ANS 2
Bonus
B3 - Easy Burn Oven
B4 - Plop On Pop
B5 - Chairman
B6 - Done In
B7 - Snout

Promo
P1 - Goodbye Kitty

ANS 3
Bonus
B1 - McFurry
B2 - Barfie
B3 - Bullseye
B4 - Mutt-Bone
B5 - Miracle-Growl
B6 - Messquik

Promo
Annoying Spitter-man

ANS 4
Bonus
B1 - Stella Dorka
B2 - Neutrogenie
B3 - Pounded Puppies
B4 - St. Hives
B5 - Botch-gard
B6 - Sic

Promo
P1 - Superham

ANS 5
Bonus
B1 - Blob Evans
B2 - Sylbrainia
B3 - Push-Ups
B4 - Vise
B5 - Vulture Valley

ANS 6
Bonus
B1 - Dumbstick
B2 - Splithearts
B3 - Pass
B4 - Axed
B5 - South Beached Whale Diet

Promo
P1 - Quiet Pupsi

ANS 7
Bonus
B1 - Hawaiian Tragic
B2 - Wife-out
B3 - Meowsporin
B4 - Baaabasol

Bonus w/cereal boxes
C1 - Triks
C2 - Crookie Crisp
C3 - Cap'n Crud
C4 - Weakies
C5 - Awful Bits
C6 - All-Brain

Web Bonus
1 - fishbook
2 - Crudetube
3 - qwitter

Official Collector's Kit card
Poligripe - promo included with ANS 7 binder

ANS 8
Bonus
B1 - Cream of Tweet
B2 - deLays
B3 - Demono's Pizza
B4 - Maximum Security
B5 - Oct

Flashback 1
Bonus
Stinky
Burger Thing
G.I. Toe
Mr. Stubble
Peter Panic
Kid Kud

Flashback 2
Bonus
B1 - Gadzooka
B2 - Log Cave-In
B3 - Koduck
B4 - Taster's Choke

Promo
P1 - Commie

Abrams book (series 1-7) 1st Printing
Sea Honkies
Granny Hairs
Muller
Boozeball

Abrams book (series 1-7) 2nd Printing
Kook
Alcohol Seltzer
Schmutz
Blast Blew Ribbon

Abrams 2010 Calendar (calendar edition versions of book bonus cards)
Kook
Alcohol Seltzer
Schmutz
Blast Blew Ribbon

Abrams book (series 8-14)
Powerless Glove
Snookered
Fuzzy Globs
Ghoul Talk

Misc
Osaka Popstar bonus

Old School - Series 1
Promos
BC Cola
Barbasoil (NSU issue Vol 20 #5)

Old School - Series 2
Promos
Sue Mee
Mister Faulty
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:34:15 PM by bigtomi »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 02:36:47 PM »

There's a few off the top of my head I think should be added.  There's the bonus cards that came with the Abrams book and calendar.  There's a bunch of TS bonus cards from the postcard series and the Croca-Cola.  Also a few Old School promos.  How about Peepers?  Maybe Oksaka Popstar?  I'll see if I can think of any others.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 02:57:24 PM »
There's a few off the top of my head I think should be added.  There's the bonus cards that came with the Abrams book and calendar.  There's a bunch of TS bonus cards from the postcard series and the Croca-Cola.  Also a few Old School promos.  How about Peepers?  Maybe Oksaka Popstar?  I'll see if I can think of any others.

How about the three Halloween cards from 2009?
H1 - Ghostess Fright Pie
H2 - Brick's
H3 - Bots

Also, the Flashback 1 bonus stickers weren't numbered.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 03:01:38 PM »
There's the bonus cards that came with the Abrams book and calendar.  There's a bunch of TS bonus cards from the postcard series and the Croca-Cola.  Also a few Old School promos.  How about Peepers?  Maybe Oksaka Popstar?  I'll see if I can think of any others.
I'll add the Abrams book and calendar, Old Schools and Osaka. Anything related to the postcards (including Croca and Peepers), IMO, should be included with the master list done by RawGoo in the other thread. I think separation needs to be clear, so things aren't duplicated. Does anyone disagree?

Ok, added Abrams book and calendar, Old Schools and Osaka. I'm not sure about calendar ones, though. Were they the same as the ones in the second Abrams book? This is what I recall, but I suffer from CRS sometimes...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 04:00:40 PM by bigtomi »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 04:11:28 PM »
I'll add the Abrams book and calendar, Old Schools and Osaka. Anything related to the postcards (including Croca and Peepers), IMO, should be included with the master list done by RawGoo in the other thread. I think separation needs to be clear, so things aren't duplicated. Does anyone disagree?

Ok, added Abrams book and calendar, Old Schools and Osaka. I'm not sure about calendar ones, though. Were they the same as the ones in the second Abrams book? This is what I recall, but I suffer from CRS sometimes...

The Wacky titles were the same as the ones in the second edition of the first book (Kook, Alcohol Seltzer, Schmutz, Blast Blew Ribbon), but reverse text on the ones from the calendar is slightly different, and references that the stickers were first released with the book.  There's also a small line below that text that says "2010 calendar ed."

The Abrams series 8-14 book had the folowing titles:
Powerless Glove
Snookered
Fuzzy Globs
Ghoul Talk
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 04:17:00 PM by RawGoo »

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 04:34:06 PM »
The Wacky titles were the same as the ones in the second edition of the first book (Kook, Alcohol Seltzer, Schmutz, Blast Blew Ribbon)
to be precise, it is the second *printing* of the first book. There is no second edition.

Abrams book (series 1-7) 1st Printing
Sea Honkies
Granny Hairs
Muller
Boozeball

Kook
Alcohol Seltzer
Schmutz
Blast Blew Ribbon

Kook
Alcohol Seltzer
Schmutz
Blast Blew Ribbon

Abrams book (series 8-14)
Powerless Glove
Snookered
Fuzzy Globs
Ghoul Talk

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2010, 06:25:34 AM »
there is also the ANS1 Promo Strip of 3 cards that has the Grease Burger version of Fright Castle
[expando]http://www.wackypackages.org/stickers/2004/promostickers/promo_red-sticker-sheet_small.jpg[/expando]

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2010, 07:14:50 AM »
Thanks to Pat(ricia) and Pat(rick) for pointing out more issues. Added/corrected my original post above with your info.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2010, 07:31:38 AM »
This is a great list. Thanks for putting it together.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010, 08:49:31 AM »
Thanks to Pat(ricia) and Pat(rick) for pointing out more issues. Added/corrected my original post above with your info.

Tom, I just checked the list against my checklists, and these are some more I think should qualify.............

PHILLY PROMOS
2009 Fantastink Philly promo
2010 Resee's Peepers Philly Postcard promo

POSTCARD BONUS CARDS
2008 Series 2 TS1 Mutty Bars
2009 Series 3 TS2 Grave Nuts
2009 Series 3 TS3 Clucky
2009 Series 4 TS4 Hoppy Meal
2009 Series 4 TS5 7-Pup
2009 Croca-Cola Promo
2010 Series 5 TS6 Gaggin Strips
2010 Series 5 TS7 Speed Lick
2010 Series 6 TS8 H-8 Juice
2010 Series 5 TS9 Philly's Runt
2010 Halloween Series TS10 Mr. Ghoulbar

Then the only other card I would consider is the ANS7 Official Collector's Kit card that came in the packs with the blank backs. 

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2010, 10:12:59 AM »
I agree with Tom. Postcard stuff doesn't belong in this list as it's captured in the other list.
Fantastink. seems doubtful. It's not a promo for wackys or from Topps, is it?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2010, 10:20:09 AM »
I agree with Tom. Postcard stuff doesn't belong in this list as it's captured in the other list.

A reference to the postcard list could address those bonus and promo items, and keep Tom from having to duplicate what changes there.

As for Fantastink, it's a cool card, but it wasn't issued by Topps and doesn't have the Wacky Packages logo, so while it could be mentioned, it would likely warrant an explanation.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 10:21:51 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2010, 12:04:01 PM »

I'll have to look at my Fantastink card.  I'm pretty sure it has a Topps copyright but I'm going by memory.  It's on my list because I don't segregate bonus/promos but if you are looking for exclusive Topps released promos/bonuses I could see leaving it off this particular list.

I would merge the postcard bonus cards though because the ones who need a list like this are the promo/bonus card collectors, and they would be just as interested in them as the other series listed on the list.  There's a lot of promo/bonus collectors who aren't exclusive to Wackys.  I get asked a lot for lists of them and they usually aren't interested in the sets or postcards, etc, they just want the bonus and promo cards issued by Topps!

Offline wackygarbage

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2010, 01:21:43 AM »
Thank yous go out to bigtomi, Raw Goo, Fanatical and Sickly, and Dr Popper for their input with the list of all bonus and promo cards for the Wacky Packages series.  I really appreciate your help with this.  This is a huge help in me determining which cards I still feel that I need to get to have my bonus cards and promo cards "complete", at least for the moment.

Thanks again,

Michael

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 03:55:53 PM »
OK, here's my stab at it. If anyone notes any errors (of omission or otherwise), please let me know and I'll gladly correct/update it.

(LIST EDITED)

Kook
Alcohol Seltzer
Schmutz
Blast Blew Ribbon

Kook
Alcohol Seltzer
Schmutz
Blast Blew Ribbon

(LIST EDITED)

Just spent the afternoon watching college B-ball games and checking through the promo/bonus list posted here. I have a quick question... are there any differences in the 4 bonus titles released with the 2nd printing of the Abram's book and the same 4 bonus titles that were included with the 2010 calendar?

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2011, 04:13:03 PM »

(LIST EDITED)

Old School - Series 1
Promos
BC Cola

(LIST EDITED)

Bigtomi,  Thanks, this has been an excellent checklist. I did find one addition... I seem to have a BARBASOIL OS1 promo card (same back as the BC Cola title).

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2011, 04:16:39 PM »
I have a quick question... are there any differences in the 4 bonus titles released with the 2nd printing of the Abram's book and the same 4 bonus titles that were included with the 2010 calendar?

Yes, they are a little different.  The copyright on the back is different, but the fronts are identical.  The calendar ones say.........“2010 calendar ed.”

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 07:37:31 PM »
Bigtomi,  Thanks, this has been an excellent checklist. I did find one addition... I seem to have a BARBASOIL OS1 promo card (same back as the BC Cola title).
You're welcome.

Hmmm, not that I doubt you, Scot, but can someone else verify that there was a Barbasoil promo for OLDS1? I don't seem to have one (and I do vaguely recall seeing/having one). Didn't Dave send them out at some point? or am I confusing with BC Cola? Anyone? Bueller?

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 08:07:29 PM »
You're welcome.

Hmmm, not that I doubt you, Scot, but can someone else verify that there was a Barbasoil promo for OLDS1? I don't seem to have one (and I do vaguely recall seeing/having one). Didn't Dave send them out at some point? or am I confusing with BC Cola? Anyone? Bueller?
Barbasoil was a promo inside the Non-Sport Update magazine (oct/nov '09. Vol 20 #5). I had forgotten about that one too
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 08:13:20 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 07:31:23 AM »
Barbasoil was a promo inside the Non-Sport Update magazine (oct/nov '09. Vol 20 #5). I had forgotten about that one too
Thanks, Patrick and Scot. Original post/list updated with this info.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 04:27:59 PM »
Yes, they are a little different.  The copyright on the back is different, but the fronts are identical.  The calendar ones say.........“2010 calendar ed.”

For the completists, you can get the 2010 calendar, sealed with cards, for $3.43 on Amazon.  :wee_hee:

The descriptive text on the back is also different between the calendar and book versions.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 04:30:19 PM by sco(o)t »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2011, 05:54:28 PM »
For the completists, you can get the 2010 calendar, sealed with cards, for $3.43 on Amazon.  :wee_hee:

The descriptive text on the back is also different between the calendar and book versions.

That's a good deal even if it's just for the cards.