Author Topic: Question about the Halloween Wacky Packages postcards  (Read 3649 times)

Offline mlmtf6

Question about the Halloween Wacky Packages postcards
« on: November 20, 2010, 11:01:04 AM »
I'm new to this... I collect Halloween postcards and I'm interested in getting the wacky packages set(s).  I have 2010.  Were there any made for previous years?  I there a way to get notification when the new ones come out?
Thanks

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Question about the Halloween Wacky Packages postcards
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 01:51:22 PM »
Hello, welcome to the forum. Are you saying you already have a set of the wacky Halloween postcards? That was the only set produced just for Halloween. In series 4 there were 3 bonus halloween cards but they weren't the large postcard size.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 04:50:06 PM »
Hello, welcome to the forum. Are you saying you already have a set of the wacky Halloween postcards? That was the only set produced just for Halloween. In series 4 there were 3 bonus halloween cards but they weren't the large postcard size.
He collects Halloween postcards. It's a genre all to itself. Something I could get into. I'll bet Sunstroke has a nice collection.

Offline mlmtf6

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 07:18:33 PM »

Thank you.  I have:
1 card from 2009 that shows fright pie, botts and bricks
6 cards from 2010... Stake 5, Mike and Yikes, Boozooka, Mellow Cup, Kackel an one that has Star Beast and Toostie Troll.

So no earlier sets were made then?  Great I don't have to play catch up! 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 07:44:18 PM »
Thank you.  I have:
1 card from 2009 that shows fright pie, botts and bricks
6 cards from 2010... Stake 5, Mike and Yikes, Boozooka, Mellow Cup, Kackel an one that has Star Beast and Toostie Troll.

So no earlier sets were made then?  Great I don't have to play catch up! 

You should be good.

Offline mlmtf6

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 08:00:49 PM »
Thanks... Until next year!   :great:

Offline Playskull

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 08:05:15 PM »
There were actually two Halloween postcards from 2009, as it had a slight variation.

Offline mlmtf6

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 08:35:41 PM »
Oh well that didn't last long... the search continues LOL

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 04:32:37 PM »
Thanks... Until next year!   :great:

Here's some scans of the 2009 set. Hopefully,this helps clarify some of the details:

Image 1 shows the two postcards (same fronts). One says "tricked out" on back and was handed out at the Allentown Show just prior to Halloween. The other says "tricky treat" and was sold with 1 of 3 accompanying cards. The front has a shinier finish.

Image 2 shows the 3 cards that were sold with postcards. Also shown is a sketch card that was given away to forum members on Halloween day.

Offline mlmtf6

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 10:50:44 PM »
I only have the one postcard mark "tricked out".  I'm missing all of the other cards in your pics.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 12:12:40 AM »
Here's some scans of the 2009 set. Hopefully,this helps clarify some of the details:

Image 1 shows the two postcards (same fronts). One says "tricked out" on back and was handed out at the Allentown Show just prior to Halloween. The other says "tricky treat" and was sold with 1 of 3 accompanying cards. The front has a shinier finish.

Image 2 shows the 3 cards that were sold with postcards. Also shown is a sketch card that was given away to forum members on Halloween day.

I think the "tricky treat" version was the Allentown handout, and the tough one to find.  The "tricked out" version seems to have the shinier front.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 03:34:39 AM »
That's right, Pat! Thanks for catching that.