Author Topic: Postcard 7 Release Query  (Read 41108 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: Postcard 7 Release Query
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2011, 09:18:52 AM »
Slow down you guys........my bank account needs a break!

Just let me know when you're ready ;)

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2011, 09:24:57 AM »
DO A SPECIAL PRE-SALE JUST FOR ME AND CRAVEN MOREHEAD
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2011, 11:44:13 AM »
DO A SPECIAL PRE-SALE JUST FOR ME AND CRAVEN MOREHEAD

Aren't you and Creavenmorehead one and the same?

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2011, 11:50:25 AM »
Wow, you have some catching up to do!  I enjoy putting my series into my binders and doing an info sheet for each series.  When you want to go back and look it over or show it to someone it makes it much easier and looks better.

That's actually a pretty neat idea.  Are these info sheets that you create or do you just use the Info poster for each series?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2011, 12:14:33 PM »
That's actually a pretty neat idea.  Are these info sheets that you create or do you just use the Info poster for each series?

I do them myself.  I use a similar format for each series to make it easier.  I also do a cover sheet where I put a scan of the pack on it.  Here is an example of a series.............
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Kook

« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2011, 12:26:52 PM »
I do them myself.  I use a similar format for each series to make it easier.  I also do a cover sheet where I put a scan of the pack on it.  Here is an example of a series.............

Those are great info sheets Rob! If you ever decided to print a set, I would definitely buy 1.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2011, 12:32:42 PM »
Those are great info sheets Rob! If you ever decided to print a set, I would definitely buy 1.

Thanks, the other nice thing is that if I ever wanted to do a website for all of the Post-2004 series I have all of the information already done!   

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2011, 12:37:14 PM »
Aren't you and Creavenmorehead one and the same?

I assume Craven is his alter ego (I call mine Shmoopy)

Both orders should ship as long as they don’t use the same credit card number or address.     :^)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2011, 01:13:41 PM »

Im ready.  My old eyes really appreciate the the Readers Digest Version Wackies.  :)

DrDeal

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2011, 03:11:06 PM »

That Information is so cool I would buy a set also if you make a book. (or a PDF) I like how you did that,  Makes me want to make some for my collections.

Offline Feetena

« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2011, 05:44:10 PM »
That Information is so cool I would buy a set also if you make a book. (or a PDF) I like how you did that,  Makes me want to make some for my collections.

Yeah, that is great stuff Rob.  Extremely creative!  Really nice work and very professional looking.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2011, 07:20:43 PM »
Bring on more Wackys. As much as Topps can put out. Keep cranking. We'll have plenty of time to sort and admire them when they put the brand back to bed.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2011, 05:31:04 PM »
Neil,

Can we get an approximate sale date please for PC7?

Regards,  DrDeal

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2011, 02:59:06 AM »
Info please.  My weekly request :)

DrDeal

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2011, 05:01:08 AM »
No New Info Request from me this week. I am good to wait another 5 weeks without an update.

DrDeal

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2011, 08:35:18 AM »
No New Info Request from me this week. I am good to wait another 5 weeks without an update.

DrDeal

I promise the minute we have a firm release date, I'll post it here. I just don't want to post information that will probably change next week. But hang in there, series 7 is in the works as we speak.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2011, 11:12:47 AM »
I promise the minute we have a firm release date, I'll post it here. I just don't want to post information that will probably change next week. But hang in there, series 7 is in the works as we speak.
I heard it was cancelled!

Offline Feetena

« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2011, 11:57:39 AM »
I heard it was cancelled!

I think you may have just given DrDeal a heart attack.  :-\

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2011, 08:49:33 AM »
I think you may have just given DrDeal a heart attack.  :-\

No,  I am wise to that one at this point. Two years ago, maybe some tachycardia from that post.  :)

DrDeal

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2011, 03:39:41 PM »
OK...a month has gone by since I last asked for an update......   Any news???????

DrDeal

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2011, 02:14:23 PM »
The sound of crickets can be deafening sometimes......   DrDeal

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2011, 02:16:13 PM »
The sound of crickets can be deafening sometimes......   DrDeal

Hang in there. Neil will let us know with ample time (hopefully). I can wait a little longer while OLDS2 is still going strong.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2011, 02:29:43 PM »
Hang in there. Neil will let us know with ample time (hopefully). I can wait a little longer while OLDS2 is still going strong.

Or we won't get any notice at all to combat the dealers from networking multiple orders!  I wouldn't be shocked.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2011, 04:43:41 PM »
I recall Neil stating they will have as new distribution strategy for PC7.  Time will tell...

DrDeal

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2011, 07:17:34 PM »
I think we're getting pretty close to establishing a release date. Looks like June could be the magic month!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2011, 02:58:10 AM »
A new PC release would be cool. I wonder if that will happen one day?

DrDeal

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2011, 04:21:42 AM »
A new PC release would be cool. I wonder if that will happen one day?

DrDeal

soon!

Offline Playskull

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2011, 07:49:15 AM »
I think we're getting pretty close to establishing a release date. Looks like June could be the magic month!
Nice!  The postcard sets seem to be what I get most excited about in this modern era of Wackys.  I've finally gotten to the point with this hobby where I don't feel the need to collect everything.  But the postcards are still a "must have" item for me.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2011, 08:08:13 AM »
Nice!  The postcard sets seem to be what I get most excited about in this modern era of Wackys.  I've finally gotten to the point with this hobby where I don't feel the need to collect everything.  But the postcards are still a "must have" item for me.

Can you describe why that is? I'm just curious, because for me it's exactly the opposite, I feel kinda obligated to buy actual card sets, but the postcards seem alien enough that I haven't really become interested, except for the cool ones that looked like wax packs.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2011, 01:59:39 PM »
Can you describe why that is? I'm just curious, because for me it's exactly the opposite, I feel kinda obligated to buy actual card sets, but the postcards seem alien enough that I haven't really become interested, except for the cool ones that looked like wax packs.
Hard to put my finger on it.  I guess mainly I just like the look of them.  And somehow they just seem more manageable than regular Wacky card sets, such as ANS7.  I personally don't like having a million things to chase down with one series (I still haven't collected nearly all the stuff from ANS7).  It also doesn't hurt that the LE postcard sets are generally the cheapest way to get an unopened Wacky sketch card. 

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2011, 03:22:50 PM »
Can we please have a Midnight Madness sale on PC7 to combat dealers and add some intrigue?

DrDeal

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2011, 03:39:55 PM »
Can we please have a Midnight Madness sale on PC7 to combat dealers and add some intrigue?

DrDeal
or a mail list pre sale

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2011, 03:53:15 PM »

For me, I like the format of the larger postcards, if nothing else, just because my 50 year old eyes, don't pick up the details on a regular size card like they used to. I'd love to see the Original Series re-released in postcard format.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2011, 04:49:29 PM »
For me, I like the format of the larger postcards, if nothing else, just because my 50 year old eyes, don't pick up the details on a regular size card like they used to. I'd love to see the Original Series re-released in postcard format.
That reminds me. Where's the Old School 5x7 33 sticker sets that were supposed to come out? I hope that's still a go.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2011, 05:18:03 PM »
That reminds me. Where's the Old School 5x7 33 sticker sets that were supposed to come out? I hope that's still a go.

That would be cool.  I wasn't crazy about the large one in series 2, with the black backgrounds and fluorescent inks.  I thought the series 1 set was better just as a larger version of the base titles, where you can see more detail.  The series 2 ones reminded me of a look that you would see in a Halloween release.

anything