Author Topic: Postcard 7 Release Query  (Read 41286 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: Postcard 7 Release Query
« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2011, 05:29:41 PM »
Can you describe why that is? I'm just curious, because for me it's exactly the opposite, I feel kinda obligated to buy actual card sets, but the postcards seem alien enough that I haven't really become interested, except for the cool ones that looked like wax packs.

The nice thing about the postcards is that if you don't like the larger postcard size you can just collect the bio-sets and/or the bonus cards, at least after series 3.  That is turning into a large set at this point, and it's still growing.  I'm hoping the first 3 series are printed as bio-cards as well so there will be a complete postcard set in 2.5" x 3.5" format. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2011, 03:07:59 AM »
That would be cool.  I wasn't crazy about the large one in series 2, with the black backgrounds and fluorescent inks.  I thought the series 1 set was better just as a larger version of the base titles, where you can see more detail.  The series 2 ones reminded me of a look that you would see in a Halloween release.

I've been checking the Topps site every so often, hoping to see the 5x7 sets listed.  Looking forward to see these Wackys in large size! 

Online lucidjc

« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2011, 12:18:00 PM »
I've been checking the Topps site every so often, hoping to see the 5x7 sets listed.  Looking forward to see these Wackys in large size! 

What are these 5x7's you are talking about???

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2011, 08:06:42 PM »
That would be cool.  I wasn't crazy about the large one in series 2, with the black backgrounds and fluorescent inks.  I thought the series 1 set was better just as a larger version of the base titles, where you can see more detail.  The series 2 ones reminded me of a look that you would see in a Halloween release.

I'll second that.

Been waiting for the real 5x7's since we first talked about 'em. Seems like forever ago! :)

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2011, 08:37:44 PM »
That would be cool.  I wasn't crazy about the large one in series 2, with the black backgrounds and fluorescent inks.  I thought the series 1 set was better just as a larger version of the base titles, where you can see more detail.  The series 2 ones reminded me of a look that you would see in a Halloween release.

When they decided to do the 5x7 set I went for a completely different look for the 5x7 stuff for obvious reasons. They were going to be black velvet stickers because I wanted a cool 70s fad as the basis but that did not work out.

As of now the 5x7 sets are on hold. They are worried about over saturating the market. They had a whole series planned for these (box, wrappers, chase stuff). I'm trying to convince them to just do a cheap set with no bells and whistles. One big set of just 33 stickers. I think that is all people really want for it. Will keep you posted. The black background stickers will not return for OLDS3. I like to have new stuff each series.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2011, 05:35:17 AM »
When they decided to do the 5x7 set I went for a completely different look for the 5x7 stuff for obvious reasons. They were going to be black velvet stickers because I wanted a cool 70s fad as the basis but that did not work out.

As of now the 5x7 sets are on hold. They are worried about over saturating the market. They had a whole series planned for these (box, wrappers, chase stuff). I'm trying to convince them to just do a cheap set with no bells and whistles. One big set of just 33 stickers. I think that is all people really want for it. Will keep you posted. The black background stickers will not return for OLDS3. I like to have new stuff each series.

I'd be really happy with a cheap set of all the titles in 5x7 size.  No need for bells and whistles, let alone chase stuff!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2011, 06:00:47 AM »
I'll second that.

Been waiting for the real 5x7's since we first talked about 'em. Seems like forever ago! :)

Oh, it’s you Ducko. I had a feeling Porkie wasn’t a new member but was unsure who you were. Or are. I like your barnyard theme.

Here here on big Wackys. I’ve decided to slice up my 2010 wall calendar up with a razor knife I like big Wackys so much, instead of waiting until 2021 when I can use it again.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2011, 07:43:42 AM »
Oh, it’s you Ducko. I had a feeling Porkie wasn’t a new member but was unsure who you were. Or are. I like your barnyard theme.

How did you figure out that Porkie was Wayne/Ducko? 

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2011, 08:12:46 AM »
How did you figure out that Porkie was Wayne/Ducko?  

The " formerly Ducko" tag under the avatar was a teenie clue
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2011, 04:16:01 PM »
The " formerly Ducko" tag under the avatar was a teenie clue

haha, I guess that's a good enough clue.  I missed that.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2011, 02:24:06 PM »
haha, I guess that's a good enough clue.  I missed that.

Yeah I added that recently as a hint.

I was going to just use Porkie with my Ducko account, but thought that might be more confusing that doing it as a separate account, and I felt like Porkie was more me than Ducko really.

Then I was going to post a "Hi, I'm Porkie -- formerly Ducko -- and I'm a Wacky-holic" thread, but thought mb that was too odd.

Took a photo of my Porkie sticker (and yes I will forever be in the market for other Irish Test stickers everyone! lmk if you have any you want to sell/trade!), tweaked it a little in Photoshop and it came out pretty nice methinks. Almost looks like a chocolate bar.

Mmmmmm, chocolate...

... now back to the PS7 thread ...

I'm definitely looking forward to these. Really like 'em though I was annoyed last time that they only included one bio card per set. Oink.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2011, 08:21:53 PM »
Yeah I added that recently as a hint.

I was going to just use Porkie with my Ducko account, but thought that might be more confusing that doing it as a separate account, and I felt like Porkie was more me than Ducko really.

Then I was going to post a "Hi, I'm Porkie -- formerly Ducko -- and I'm a Wacky-holic" thread, but thought mb that was too odd.

Took a photo of my Porkie sticker (and yes I will forever be in the market for other Irish Test stickers everyone! lmk if you have any you want to sell/trade!), tweaked it a little in Photoshop and it came out pretty nice methinks. Almost looks like a chocolate bar.

Mmmmmm, chocolate...

... now back to the PS7 thread ...

I'm definitely looking forward to these. Really like 'em though I was annoyed last time that they only included one bio card per set. Oink.

Actually, the Irish stuff is fantastic. I have always loved them. I wish they would have done a whole set of unique art than just the 15 or so titles. I just love the artwork.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2011, 02:58:35 AM »
Something is coming .... I can sense it...   Maybe PC7?    It is June now right?

DrDeal

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2011, 07:59:22 AM »
Something is coming .... I can sense it...   Maybe PC7?    It is June now right?

DrDeal
IT WOULD BE KEWL IF ON OCCASION TOPPS WOULD INCLUDE AN EXTRA/BONUS ITEM WITH SOME OF THE POSTCARD RELEASES,I WONDER IF THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 08:13:57 AM by deadpresidentsvisa »
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline dth1971

« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2011, 11:41:31 AM »
Maybe the next postcard set is delayed until Halloween 2011...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2011, 12:02:50 PM »
We need both PC7 and Halloween PC's this year. It's now tradition!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2011, 02:25:33 PM »
We need both PC7 and Halloween PC's this year. It's now tradition!

That is what I think is going to happen.  We should see PC7 hopefully this month, then ANS8 in July, Eraser S2 in October as well as the Halloween Postcards.  That should be enough to keep us busy for sure.   

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2011, 02:53:28 PM »
That is what I think is going to happen.  We should see PC7 hopefully this month, then ANS8 in July, Eraser S2 in October as well as the Halloween Postcards.  That should be enough to keep us busy for sure.   
But what about August, September, November and December?!?

Offline Gen 4

• ĜƠȽĐƩƝ ƤĤƠƩƝÎӼ
  • ĜƠȽĐƩƝ ƤĤƠƩƝÎӼ
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2011, 03:00:57 PM »

I really hope they do a Halloween this year!!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2011, 04:26:44 PM »
I really hope they do a Halloween this year!!

I heard Halloween was cancelled this year.

Sorry, "it's been cancelled" is an old joke around here.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2011, 05:36:50 PM »
I heard Halloween was cancelled this year.

Sorry, "it's been cancelled" is an old joke around here.

Halloween isn't cancelled, it's over 4 months away!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2011, 08:21:06 PM »
Halloween isn't cancelled, it's over 4 months away!

I meant that after this Halloween it's cancelled. Sorry for the confusion!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2011, 07:14:44 AM »
I thought all cancellations had been postponed?

DrDeal

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2011, 12:20:10 PM »
I thought all cancellations had been postponed?

DrDeal

We're waiting to find out for sure......

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2011, 01:10:40 PM »
We're waiting to find out for sure......

Ha! I wish I'd said that.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2011, 08:38:42 PM »
Let's stay on topic for Postcard Wacky series 7, please!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2011, 03:45:49 AM »
Let's stay on topic for Postcard Wacky series 7, please!
All PC7 Updates have been postponed untill info is available. That is the latest info.

DrDeal

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2011, 03:07:41 AM »
Crickets...........more crickets...........CRICKET Party  :)

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2011, 01:15:40 PM »
Crickets...........more crickets...........CRICKET Party  :)

Apparently the crickets know something we don't???

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2011, 02:58:32 AM »
Could this be the week the Everlasting Cricket Party comes to an end? Neil knows.... Cricketeers do not..

DrDeal

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2011, 07:16:14 AM »
Just let me know when you're ready ;)

Ok, I think I'm ready now.  Let's go "green"........I repeat, we have a green light!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2011, 07:24:34 AM »
Cool! Unfortunately, I don't have access to my email account at work. Are you going to be sending out emails for a pre-order?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2011, 07:25:42 AM »
Ok, I think I'm ready now.  Let's go "green"........I repeat, we have a green light!

I'm ready also! I just checked Topps site and noticed they did a Royal Wedding set. I wonder if there are any sketch cards for this series ;D
http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-787/Royal-Wedding-Commemorative-Card/Detail

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2011, 07:48:29 AM »
I'm ready also! I just checked Topps site and noticed they did a Royal Wedding set. I wonder if there are any sketch cards for this series ;D
http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-787/Royal-Wedding-Commemorative-Card/Detail

I know, we get spoiled with all of these new series and I get withdrawal when there's a lull in the action.  And when is Topps going to release info on the ANS8 series?  I heard a rumor they are doing 1,000+ sketch cards but nothing so far on Topps' site, and the release is apparently late July.   

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2011, 07:53:24 AM »
I know, we get spoiled with all of these new series and I get withdrawal when there's a lull in the action.  And when is Topps going to release info on the ANS8 series?  I heard a rumor they are doing 1,000+ sketch cards but nothing so far on Topps' site, and the release is apparently late July.   
I, personally, have not hit a lull with OLDS2 yet and I know of other collectors that are still going strong. Our collections are getting closer to completion though so it will happen soon. I'm guessing in the next couple weeks. I also have no idea how many boxes Topps has left. I know other collectors are still getting shipments of boxes so those may dry up soon.

anything