Author Topic: Postcard 7 Release Query  (Read 41285 times)

Offline DrDeal

Postcard 7 Release Query
« on: December 11, 2010, 02:50:04 AM »
Neil:

With the release of Postcard Series 7 coming in early 2011 I thought I would pose a few questions.
Will there be a regular and a limited set or is it just the limited sets as was the case with the Halloween set?
How many limited sets with Sketchs will be made?
Will they be implementing a subscription program where we can at least be gauranteed one set?
What is the anticipated early 2011 launch date so we can plan our finances?
How many artists are doing sketches this time and can we have their names yet?
Will there be bio cards and will they be one per set as was the case with the last release?

Looking forward to another set and thanks in advance for your efforts and any info you can provide.

Regards,  DrDeal
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 06:44:36 AM by DrDeal »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Postcard 7 Release Query
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 09:28:03 AM »
We will wait for Neil to chime in although I think it might be still a bit early. I believe there will be a non limited set of the PC's like other releases. You have to remember that the Halloween cards were just a special set and not part of the normal PC releases. I don't know how many people realize that. I thought I read Neil stating that the bio cards are probably done now. I'm sure they will have something special for PC7.
Speaking of suggestions - we see that the poll for ANS7 shows that people are always in favor for monster wacky's. Why not do a PC series of nothing but monsters? I realize that was done with the halloween cards but that might also make another special edition.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 11:01:10 AM »
We will wait for Neil to chime in although I think it might be still a bit early. I believe there will be a non limited set of the PC's like other releases. You have to remember that the Halloween cards were just a special set and not part of the normal PC releases. I don't know how many people realize that. I thought I read Neil stating that the bio cards are probably done now. I'm sure they will have something special for PC7.
Speaking of suggestions - we see that the poll for ANS7 shows that people are always in favor for monster wacky's. Why not do a PC series of nothing but monsters? I realize that was done with the halloween cards but that might also make another special edition.

My recollection on the bio-cards is that they will be in series 7 but they will go back to the original set per pack like before.  My guess on the others is that the quantity will remain at 500 and there will be limited and non-limited releases.  I bet they do some sort of system to allow forum members at least one set. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 03:05:11 AM »
I was thinking about how cheap the Halloween postcard sets were on the secondary market after the sketches and bonus cards were removed and thought they might just eliminate the non-limited sets.

DrDeal

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 07:52:49 AM »
I was thinking about how cheap the Halloween postcard sets were on the secondary market after the sketches and bonus cards were removed and thought they might just eliminate the non-limited sets.

DrDeal

Yah, you would think that because the Halloween sets didn't have a non-limited version that the postcards themselves would be more desirable but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

Offline CanadianClod

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 08:53:49 AM »
Yah, you would think that because the Halloween sets didn't have a non-limited version that the postcards themselves would be more desirable but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

That's really strange to me.It's such awesome PC art and it's cool as hell{oween} to boot  8)
The sets really should hold some solid value,and with the bio's so rare to be able to have them in std. size it's really the most desirable set to own in my opinion.The fact that it's a special release and limited makes it more desirable.
If just the PC's were $10 each or $50-60 a set I would have paid it.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 10:20:56 AM »
That's really strange to me.It's such awesome PC art and it's cool as hell{oween} to boot  8)
The sets really should hold some solid value,and with the bio's so rare to be able to have them in std. size it's really the most desirable set to own in my opinion.The fact that it's a special release and limited makes it more desirable.
If just the PC's were $10 each or $50-60 a set I would have paid it.

I think the reason for this is the majority of collectors collect 2.5" x 3.5" trading cards and postcards don't fall into that category. 

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 01:11:56 PM »
I think the reason for this is the majority of collectors collect 2.5" x 3.5" trading cards and postcards don't fall into that category. 
I concur with this and wonder just how well the non-limited sets have done for Topps. None are sold out. Did they print 1000 sets and sell 400? I wonder how many are left on each release and if that would cause Topps to just do the limited sets.

DrDeal

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 06:22:14 AM »
I concur with this and wonder just how well the non-limited sets have done for Topps. None are sold out. Did they print 1000 sets and sell 400? I wonder how many are left on each release and if that would cause Topps to just do the limited sets.

DrDeal
The non-limited sets are continually printed when supply runs low.

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 11:45:17 AM »
The non-limited sets are continually printed when supply runs low.

I believe I remember reading this from Neil as well.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 08:26:20 AM »
Neil:

With the release of Postcard Series 7 coming in early 2011 I thought I would pose a few questions.
Will there be a regular and a limited set or is it just the limited sets as was the case with the Halloween set?
How many limited sets with Sketchs will be made?
Will they be implementing a subscription program where we can at least be gauranteed one set?
What is the anticipated early 2011 launch date so we can plan our finances?
How many artists are doing sketches this time and can we have their names yet?
Will there be bio cards and will they be one per set as was the case with the last release?

Looking forward to another set and thanks in advance for your efforts and any info you can provide.

Thanks for the inquiry. I'll be posting new information about the next release in about a week. We're just waiting to finalize some details. I think you'll like what we have in store!

Regards,  DrDeal

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 03:38:44 AM »
Neil,

Requesting a Postcard update as a Christmas Gift.
 ;)

Andrew

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 03:32:38 AM »
Beuller?   Beuller?

DrDeal

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 08:38:32 AM »
Beuller?   Beuller?

DrDeal
Neil's response got buried inside of your quote above:
Quote from: koduck
Thanks for the inquiry. I'll be posting new information about the next release in about a week. We're just waiting to finalize some details. I think you'll like what we have in store!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 10:03:57 AM »
Neil's response got buried inside of your quote above:

Thanks but I saw that 13 days ago. I was hoping for an update. Either way Happy New Year.

DrDeal

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 12:06:45 AM »
By the way. Take a look at the current sketch auctions. Notice there are very few PC auctions? Band-Ache seems to have the impression that people don't need to have too much urgency to buy them.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 02:39:05 PM »
Neil, It's been a couple weeks. Any word? My fear is it will fall the week of Jan. 17th while I will be at sales meetings in Orlando for the whole week.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 04:48:45 PM »
Info on the upcoming sale would be helpful to plan finances. Dem sets aint cheep.

DrDeal

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 06:25:05 PM »
Neil, It's been a couple weeks. Any word? My fear is it will fall the week of Jan. 17th while I will be at sales meetings in Orlando for the whole week.

Has it been a week already?! Well, I've got a bit of good news. We're starting to get things in order for the next postcard set and there will be a lot of cool new features upcoming. As for the release date, no need to worry, the postcards won't be released the week of Jan 17 (or in January for that matter). Still working on the details...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 06:28:56 PM by koduck »

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 03:52:43 AM »
author=koduck link                                                and I thought author equaled deadpresidentsvisa
Neil.......IF you would rob less banks,you would have more time for your hobby!! Keep up the good work!!
       The Best.......       ...........           cravenmoreheadslashalfredbneumann           Incorporated
                           An   LLC   but only for a limited time
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 03:55:23 AM by deadpresidentsvisa »
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 08:41:18 PM »
Has it been a week already?! Well, I've got a bit of good news. We're starting to get things in order for the next postcard set and there will be a lot of cool new features upcoming. As for the release date, no need to worry, the postcards won't be released the week of Jan 17 (or in January for that matter). Still working on the details...

That's awesome! Hope for a late Feb. so we can pay off some of our OLDS2 boxes and let the dust settle a bit. What the hell am I saying....I'll buy them no matter when they come out ;D

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 09:30:08 AM »
That's awesome! Hope for a late Feb. so we can pay off some of our OLDS2 boxes and let the dust settle a bit. What the hell am I saying....I'll buy them no matter when they come out ;D

All I ever hope for is that they put a decent spacing between the series, like at least 2-3 weeks. It seems hectic as a collector when they overlap too closely.  It usually takes us a couple of weeks just to figure everything out in a new series.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 01:02:54 PM »
All I ever hope for is that they put a decent spacing between the series, like at least 2-3 weeks. It seems hectic as a collector when they overlap too closely.  It usually takes us a couple of weeks just to figure everything out in a new series.

This year will have so much Wacky stuff coming out it's going to be hard to space it all nice and evenly. Next year could even be worse if the things coming down the pipes sell well enough to warrant continuation.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 02:59:33 PM »
here here

Here’s a nutty idea. A Valentines PC set, including spoofs of commons Valentines gifts such as boxes of chocolates (See’s), flowers, Hallmark cards, those pricey dumb teddy bears they sell on TV. Or an old school version of vintage products that used to be given as gifts, such as ties, cologne, cufflinks, shoehorns, soap on a rope, and sets of those tiny metal bendable calendars that guys used to wrap on their expandable metal watch wrist bands.

This is a great Valentine's title, really nice I think. Is that an arrow sticking out of Cupid's head? And I just noticed "you suck" on one candy. My my

[expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/ANS6B2.png[/expando]

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2011, 05:27:31 PM »
here here

Here’s a nutty idea. A Valentines PC set, including spoofs of commons Valentines gifts such as boxes of chocolates (See’s), flowers, Hallmark cards, those pricey dumb teddy bears they sell on TV. Or an old school version of vintage products that used to be given as gifts, such as ties, cologne, cufflinks, shoehorns, soap on a rope, and sets of those tiny metal bendable calendars that guys used to wrap on their expandable metal watch wrist bands.

This is a great Valentine's title, really nice I think. Is that an arrow sticking out of Cupid's head? And I just noticed "you suck" on one candy. My my

[expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/ANS6B2.png[/expando]

I've thought the same thing about an Easter postcard release. Perhaps Easter is not secular enough for general popularity, but I would hope so. Some of the obvious Easter related parodies have been done like....

When a was a wee lad, our parents would fill the Easter Basket will all kinds of candies and small toy items....

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 10:06:41 AM »
here here

Whenever I see the huge variety of Christmas cards that come out every year, I wish there would be a Wacky Christmas card set.  If not a Christmas-specific line of cards, why not a general line of greeting cards?  There are plenty of holidays that could be covered, such as the Valentine's one you listed. 

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 10:08:08 AM »
This year will have so much Wacky stuff coming out it's going to be hard to space it all nice and evenly. Next year could even be worse if the things coming down the pipes sell well enough to warrant continuation.

That's such an intriguing post as, other than OLDS 2, ANS8 (I assume) and the new postcard set, I can't think of anything else.  Oh, erasers.  I'm dying to know what else is in the pipeline!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 10:23:38 AM »
That's such an intriguing post as, other than OLDS 2, ANS8 (I assume) and the new postcard set, I can't think of anything else.  Oh, erasers.  I'm dying to know what else is in the pipeline!

Let's hope the Wacky pipeline doesn't get too "clogged"-LOL.

Offline ronlisa

• Ron's Game Room
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 11:12:44 AM »
The clogged Wacky pipeline is unclogging my wallet at a raid pace!  LOL !!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 12:29:15 PM »
They release about as many Wacky Packages in a year as they did in it's 70's heyday. Wacky Packs are cheap enough for little kids to collect so why would any adult collector complain? 

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 01:08:28 PM »
They release about as many Wacky Packages in a year as they did in it's 70's heyday. Wacky Packs are cheap enough for little kids to collect so why would any adult collector complain? 

Such a good point.  When thy cup is runneth over with goodness, we sometimes forget that the alternative is an empty one.  And that's not nearly as much fun of a problem to have. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 02:23:52 PM »
Bring on the Wackies.  I will find away to finance their acquisition.

DrDeal

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 05:43:55 PM »
The clogged Wacky pipeline is unclogging my wallet at a raid pace!  LOL !!

No kidding!  I'm just praying for no more Flashbacks.

Offline jeffcaff

Wackies for 2011
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2011, 05:50:06 PM »
Old School 3 is also slated for an end of the year release.  I assume that there will be at least one more Postcard Card release.  There will also be some special offer like 5x7 old school sets as well.  I might be missing a few things.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
Re: Wackies for 2011
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 06:18:56 PM »
Old School 3 is also slated for an end of the year release.  I assume that there will be at least one more Postcard Card release.  There will also be some special offer like 5x7 old school sets as well.  I might be missing a few things.

OLDS3 is more like mid-late summer at this point depending on ANS8. The OLDS 5x7 set thing is undergoing a revision right now but there should be something coming out after the next postcard set.