Author Topic: ANS 7 Tally  (Read 20102 times)

Offline Joe G.

ANS 7 Tally
« on: December 04, 2010, 10:57:32 AM »
I'm curious now that ANS 7 is winding down how many packs people bought.  Also do we have a current tally on the number of sketch cards and do any members have a complete set of golds?

I can start.  I purchased 200 packs and have never seen a gold. In my counting, from eBay and this forum, I think we've seen about 60 sketch cards and some of those are artists returns.

Also currently on ebay a complete set of Auto's starting at $450, which seems pretty cheap and a Zapata Bros sketch of Cram.

Here's a pic:

Offline DrDeal

Re: ANS 7 Tally
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 03:04:38 PM »
I purchased about 85 packs and got no golds, sketches or Autos. I did buy one Gold on the bay (Yubang) and like it very much.

DrDeal

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 04:16:23 PM »
I purchased about 85 packs and got no golds, sketches or Autos. I did buy one Gold on the bay (Yubang) and like it very much.

DrDeal

I like that Yubang too.  It's one of the last 3 I need!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 07:23:48 PM »

DrDeal

Similar story here... I bought 8 boxes and got no autos, sketches or gold borders. I did purchase one gold border on eBay and one unsigned autograph card. Still looking for an auto and sketch card.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 09:10:11 PM »
same crap for me, I purchased 971 packs total and got nothing except the basic sets :'( anyone looking for basic sets cheeeep LOL

Offline Playskull

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 10:37:19 PM »
I bought 2 boxes (48 packs), but only opened one box.  If there's an ANS8 and they have similar chase card odds, I will probably buy zero boxes.

Offline bigfoot67

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 05:51:46 PM »
I bought 2 boxes from Topps Online + about 12 packs from a Gravity Feed box when I first found them in the wild. The box I opened contained a Gold Octivia- sold it on ebay for $235 and bought a full 1978 KISS wax box with $35 left over!  :headbang:
FOLLOW ME, I'LL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 07:24:04 PM »
I bought around 16 packs, got no sketches, no gold, no autographs, nothing special and I don't own a complete set yet.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 08:41:18 PM »
Bought about 75 packs and zilch. :-[

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 07:50:36 AM »
Bought about 75 packs and zilch. :-[
Yep, I bought way too many packs and really don't have much to show for it. Very tough series.

Offline carpedownload

• Wacky Canadian ... Eh!
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 03:30:31 PM »
Don't wanna brag, but I bought 3 retail boxes, plus 2 bonus, and 4 cereal packs.  I only opened 1 retail, 1 bonus, and 2 cereal packs - and low and behold a gold (no pun intended  ;D) in the retail box!  :0012398:

Seems like I got some good karma since I:
A) got ripped by one Lockwood on boxes I bought and never got - and so had to order 3 more retail  :03:
B) I got the 3 retail boxes the same day the OS2 pre-sale went on and I missed out (even though I was up @ past midnight and had them in my checkout basket but didn't go through with the purchase since I'm in Canada and wasn't sure about the "free" shipping). :03:

Oh, and in case any one is interested the gold is #4 and is up for grabs.  ;D

Anyhow - if you have any questions PM me.

CD

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 05:16:14 PM »
Not sure how many packs I bought, but I suppose it was between 100 and 150.  I did keep about 40 of them unopened.  Didn't get any golds, autos, or sketches.  Can't say I was surprised, given the odds.  Even though I can't say an auto would do *that* much for me (I already have a bunch of Jay's autos), it would have been nice if Topps had simply made the odds of that insert better.  Wouldn't cost them much and Jay could rattle off plenty of those without great difficulty.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 05:39:53 PM »
I opened 10 boxes and cleared out 3 gravity feed packs (146 individual packs).  I found nothing special no golds, no autos, and no sketches,  I did find 1 non signed auto "lox" card.  I also had an impossible time finding the 2 pack bonus sets and the target boxes (thank goodness for topps online).  I still have about 250 additional packs to open that my wife accumulated for christmas for me.  but alas as what was already stated the odds of finding something makes the search very disheartning.  (I found in flashback 2 (3) printing plates, with the same amount of cards purchased)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 07:25:45 PM »
I realize another thing that has turned me off of the new Wackys is the lack of a wholesale outlet to purchase them.  Paying full retail for ANS7 packs has left a sour taste in my wallet.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 04:13:12 AM »
I realize another thing that has turned me off of the new Wackys is the lack of a wholesale outlet to purchase them.  Paying full retail for ANS7 packs has left a sour taste in my wallet.
Target and Walmart are a bunch of flippers. They don't collect these things! They're just trying to make a buck off the REAL collectors.

Offline carpedownload

• Wacky Canadian ... Eh!
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 03:01:40 PM »
If you think that you have a "lack of a wholesale outlet to purchase them" from in the US, try up here in Canada!  They're impossible to find up here - and even harder than that (...if that's even possible...  :-\) to find them in Quebec where I live!  :sad:

It's quite the challenege to get any packs - let alone any special chase cards!

None the less - opening a few fresh packs does still put a smile on my face.  ;D

CD

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 11:16:34 AM »
Thanks to all who have responded so far.  It seems that indeed this has been the toughest set yet. 

In terms of sketches, at present there is only one ANS 7 on eBay, JAIL-O, and with 2 days left it is only at $14.50! 

Also, in terms of the ANS 7 sketch card count I've been keeping, Dave Gross's initial estimation of 50 sketch cards showing up is dead on.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 11:26:14 AM »
I got real lucky, for a change.  I really don't collect the new stuff anymore, but my wife bought me two packs for my kids to give me on my birthday.  I set them aside for a while, then my son asked if he could open them.  I said sure.  He looked through the first pack, and pulled out a sticker and said hey dad, look at this cool gold one.  Sure enough, it was a gold foil.  I can't remember which one.  I sold it to Dr. Popper for $200 the next day.  Luckily for me it was one of the few he still needed, so I didn't have to put it on ebay.  As you could guess, the other pack had nothing special in it.  I went back and bought two more packs from the store my wife bought them from, but the luck was gone.
Still looking for Series 17

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 04:59:37 PM »
I got real lucky, for a change.  I really don't collect the new stuff anymore, but my wife bought me two packs for my kids to give me on my birthday.  I set them aside for a while, then my son asked if he could open them.  I said sure.  He looked through the first pack, and pulled out a sticker and said hey dad, look at this cool gold one.  Sure enough, it was a gold foil.  I can't remember which one.  I sold it to Dr. Popper for $200 the next day.  Luckily for me it was one of the few he still needed, so I didn't have to put it on ebay.  As you could guess, the other pack had nothing special in it.  I went back and bought two more packs from the store my wife bought them from, but the luck was gone.
I still have an unlocked post card pack, 6b and a few old school unopened packs, maybe color sketches?? 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 08:31:17 PM »
I bought around 150 pks. No Golds, Sketches, or autographed Foils. Not even a complete Silver Foil Set came out of all those. I liked the Series ;D, but not the chase cards. :-[
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 07:19:14 AM »
I did fairly well with the FB series so I guess my luck had to run out eventually and this series is confirmation. I guess I shouldn't be overly disappointed since I opened an amount in the ballpark of 125 packs give or take.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 11:09:32 AM »
Well in terms of getting ANS 7 chase cards this seems to be the time to do it as prices are very low.  A gold Ogre Eaters just sold for $54.25 and the Jail-O sketch went for $227.  Interestingly the autograph cards seem to be holding at high 30s but as these were always less expensive I guess that makes sense.  It should be fun to see where the Fred Wheaton Crust ends up.  Also it looks like Topps pulled the ANS 7 rejected art Oct auction.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 07:46:25 AM »
Well in terms of getting ANS 7 chase cards this seems to be the time to do it as prices are very low.  A gold Ogre Eaters just sold for $54.25 and the Jail-O sketch went for $227.  Interestingly the autograph cards seem to be holding at high 30s but as these were always less expensive I guess that makes sense.  It should be fun to see where the Fred Wheaton Crust ends up.  Also it looks like Topps pulled the ANS 7 rejected art Oct auction.

That must be the lowest a Gold Flash has sold for to date.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 01:16:39 PM »
Has it been confirmed that Oct is rejected art? I haven't read that anywhere.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 05:45:43 PM »
Bought 3 more ANS 7 packs recently from a trip to my local Target store. I alway check to see if they have any Wacky's and they have been out for a while, but this time they had a ANS7 gravity feed and I grabbed 3 packs. Here is what I got:

2 blank promo backs

Base cards: 1,2,3,7,8,10,11,12,13,19,27,37,38,41,42,46,47(x2),48

Wack-O-Mercials: 1,3,9

F8 Foil (no autograph)  :sad:

Red Rocket Wack-O-Mercial #1

Seems to be a pretty basic pull. :^)

Offline iamMONOTONY

• Wacky Packages FTW!
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 05:40:53 PM »
My Total Amount Would Probably Be Around 70 Packs And A Couple Blisters, But Not A Bonus Box (They Were Elusive, At Least For Me)

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 06:07:15 PM »
After all the 125 Pack Cracking ( Sounds Foul ) I did over the summer. I manage to get one gold ( buy luck as I had a dollar to spare vs a lottery ticket)

I have about 12 Complete Base Sets. A near complete Silver Flash Foil Set. 3 Complete Red Border Wacko Sets and 12 Complete Wacko Regular Sets. I figure my odds of getting a sketch with these many packs would be great but like many others here- I got bummed out with the harsh odds.

The E-bay prices are in line for sketches in relation to what you can get or find, But I can't go into the insane price zone in this economy. For that I will buy REAL GOLD

Choke_Wagon

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 09:34:33 PM »
In terms of sketches I think only three people on the forum actually had pulls.  I recall Grazin Bran, a Gloom and a Hurtz.  A Fred Wheaton Crust just sold on eBay for $350.  In terms of the artists it seems Jay's sketches were the rarest this time around.  I don't think more than 5 have come to light.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 07:46:53 PM »
I just noticed that Greg Grant started selling some ANS 7 items on his website.  I asked this question once before but I assume Greg has completed a Gold set and has a bunch of sketch cards as well.  Wasn't he the first to complete the Flashback Golds?

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2011, 02:03:53 PM »
I just noticed that Greg Grant started selling some ANS 7 items on his website.  I asked this question once before but I assume Greg has completed a Gold set and has a bunch of sketch cards as well.  Wasn't he the first to complete the Flashback Golds?

Don't know if he was the first to complete a Gold set, I think I remember hearing that too.

Interesting that he has decided to sell ANS 7.  :-\

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2011, 04:46:57 PM »

Interesting that he has decided to sell ANS 7.  :-\

It was inevitable. He has insane amounts of older ANS/ FB/ other newer Wacky items he needs to unload. If he sells the new stuff he can offer deals on the old stuff and try to tie the two together. Even though he swore he wouldn't touch the stuff the cash lure is too much for him.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2011, 06:41:11 PM »
It was inevitable. He has insane amounts of older ANS/ FB/ other newer Wacky items he needs to unload. If he sells the new stuff he can offer deals on the old stuff and try to tie the two together. Even though he swore he wouldn't touch the stuff the cash lure is too much for him.

I think in this case he's helping Matt sell some stock he's opened.  I know Matt bought a bunch of boxes just to open for fun but I don't believe Greg has purchased any.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2011, 09:38:03 PM »
I think in this case he's helping Matt sell some stock he's opened.  I know Matt bought a bunch of boxes just to open for fun but I don't believe Greg has purchased any.

Back on his forum, when he was bitchin' I told him "so what" basically and to just roll with it. Topps wanted to try a different angle, can't blame them for that. But appearently you can. And you can hold grudges and not look at the big picure, just the here and now. Maybe he has a change of heart?

I also thought, how could you be so into Wackys all your life and resist opening up packs from a new series? We here can't even stand the waiting, let alone the temptation of a new series pack crackin.  :D

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2011, 06:24:09 AM »

I also thought, how could you be so into Wackys all your life and resist opening up packs from a new series? We here can't even stand the waiting, let alone the temptation of a new series pack crackin.  :D

That's one of the "dicey" issues you risk by making your hobby a business.  It opens up a bunch of issues that can damage your enthusiasm for the hobby overall.  It's not impossible to make it all work but's it's certainly not easy.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2011, 01:56:54 PM »
That's one of the "dicey" issues you risk by making your hobby a business.  It opens up a bunch of issues that can damage your enthusiasm for the hobby overall.  It's not impossible to make it all work but's it's certainly not easy.
That's a rare lesson I wish they'd taught in school. In fact there's a lot of useful real life stuff schools should teach rather than a lot of the useless crap they waste time with. Anyway 2010 was a great year for Wackys.

anything