Author Topic: Wacky Package Erasers  (Read 156124 times)

Offline crackedjerk

Re: Wacky Package Erasers
« Reply #385 on: April 13, 2011, 09:30:25 AM »
hey - guess what finally, finally freakin showed up in the previews shipping for this week...
Yep. Erasers.
Guess we'll find out if there is a 'hobby' version of the wrappers or boxes, or if it's just the same feed as at target or walmart.

Weird.  My local comic shop, from which I ordered a box, supposedly got them in last Wednesday.  I haven't picked up the box I ordered as I told the manager they had been released weeks ago and I had already completed my set.  He kind of reluctantly let me off my commitment to buy the box.  I'll probably still pick up a few packs to support the store, but how strange and annoying that comic shops would get them so much later than the Targets of the world.

Offline Buz

• Kaijuzoologist
« Reply #386 on: April 13, 2011, 01:57:47 PM »
Weird.  My local comic shop, from which I ordered a box, supposedly got them in last Wednesday.  I haven't picked up the box I ordered as I told the manager they had been released weeks ago and I had already completed my set.  He kind of reluctantly let me off my commitment to buy the box.  I'll probably still pick up a few packs to support the store, but how strange and annoying that comic shops would get them so much later than the Targets of the world.

They were on the Diamond ship list this week, but shipped last week -- that often happens with oddball products like this one -- but it was only a couple weeks later than Target. It's common for Diamond to run behind with products that are also available through Walmart, Target, etc., in part because they have lower orders than major retailers and so are lower priority (which is why comic shops pay more for these products down the line than major retailers; the discounts suck for more "mass market" products). So that's why your comics retailer was reluctant to let you off. He's got more $$$ tied up in that box than a Target would have, and they're less likely to sell in his store.
"Gamera always wins!"

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #387 on: April 13, 2011, 05:43:41 PM »
They were on the Diamond ship list this week, but shipped last week -- that often happens with oddball products like this one -- but it was only a couple weeks later than Target. It's common for Diamond to run behind with products that are also available through Walmart, Target, etc., in part because they have lower orders than major retailers and so are lower priority (which is why comic shops pay more for these products down the line than major retailers; the discounts suck for more "mass market" products). So that's why your comics retailer was reluctant to let you off. He's got more $$$ tied up in that box than a Target would have, and they're less likely to sell in his store.

Thanks for that explanation.  I thought it odd that the erasers were behind Target when the ANS all arrived at or before Target.  I don't buy comics much anymore so I only go to the store once a month at most.  However, I'm happy to support the store and when I go in there next, I'll check into it.  The manager did say another customer had expressed interest, so it may have been sold to him/her by then.

Offline Buz

• Kaijuzoologist
« Reply #388 on: April 14, 2011, 09:16:12 AM »
Thanks for that explanation.  I thought it odd that the erasers were behind Target when the ANS all arrived at or before Target.  I don't buy comics much anymore so I only go to the store once a month at most.  However, I'm happy to support the store and when I go in there next, I'll check into it.  The manager did say another customer had expressed interest, so it may have been sold to him/her by then.

Yeah, it was frustrating to have to sit here reading about everyone finding the erasers at Target for two weeks while waiting for my own box to show up at my local comics shop. Plus, while my store offers discounts for regular customers, they couldn't with these because of their poor wholesale cost, so in a sense I could have just gone to Target as well -- same price, two weeks earlier. But unlike you, I'm at my store 2-3 times a week (it's only a 5 minute walk from my job, plus I'm close friends with everyone there, so it's the obvious place to take a break), so getting the erasers there ended up being more convenient than driving 20+ minutes to a Target, even with the wait.

All's well that ends well . . .
"Gamera always wins!"

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #389 on: May 18, 2011, 09:25:21 PM »
So I was in Toys R Us this weekend and BAM! this package at the checkout caught my eyes. It was a Wacky Eraser Blisterpack for $7. Never seen or talked about. Bought one and I was shocked that it had no stickers, just erasers, the MYSTERY erasers were just put in a foil bag with scotch tape. What a let down. So much effort but in for a nice display and they forget the stickers :sad:

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #390 on: May 19, 2011, 01:10:23 PM »
So I was in Toys R Us this weekend and BAM! this package at the checkout caught my eyes. It was a Wacky Eraser Blisterpack for $7. Never seen or talked about.
Guess you missed that thread. These were discussed quite a bit right after the erasers came out.

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #391 on: May 19, 2011, 06:48:51 PM »
Guess you missed that thread. These were discussed quite a bit right after the erasers came out.

Dang thats what happens to lurkers :-\

Well i think this was a wasted chance- they just showed up down here. Must of not sold up North :]

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #392 on: September 06, 2011, 06:40:32 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WACKY-PACKAGES-ERASERS-SCARCE-RARE-4-PK-Clamshell-Blist-/380367182324?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588fa699f4

I dont know if these are really scarce or rare but i did find them at Target for $9.99 + tax. They were in the back with the cards in the toy section.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #393 on: September 06, 2011, 08:51:52 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WACKY-PACKAGES-ERASERS-SCARCE-RARE-4-PK-Clamshell-Blist-/380367182324?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588fa699f4

I dont know if these are really scarce or rare but i did find them at Target for $9.99 + tax. They were in the back with the cards in the toy section.

I, personally, am getting tired of all the packaging. I'm done collecting all the different ways to package erasers and sketches.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #394 on: September 07, 2011, 10:14:44 AM »
I, personally, am getting tired of all the packaging. I'm done collecting all the different ways to package erasers and sketches.
I, personally, am getting tired of all the sketches. I'm done collecting all the different ways to draw the same characters.

Oh, that's right, I can't be done with something I never started...   ;D

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #395 on: September 10, 2011, 11:48:27 AM »
found a bunch at my target too.
looks like repackaged leftovers. I found one that had the early error price of $1.99 stuck on one of the packs still, so I got that one.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #396 on: September 10, 2011, 03:21:36 PM »

I love that CardGary's is calling them rare yet you found them in your local target. 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #397 on: December 09, 2011, 03:45:41 PM »
Buzzooka, i brought this thread to the top. Go to page 11. A few pics of the way some are displaying.

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #398 on: December 09, 2011, 04:50:26 PM »
Buzzooka, i brought this thread to the top. Go to page 11. A few pics of the way some are displaying.
Thanks. I like the cases that were on ebay, and I thought of the fishing takle ones, but they are not real clear. I may custom make some thing that will fit each size of eraser nicely......

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #399 on: December 11, 2011, 10:02:49 AM »
Thanks. I like the cases that were on ebay, and I thought of the fishing takle ones, but they are not real clear. I may custom make some thing that will fit each size of eraser nicely......

I found some Jewelery Box Cases for around $9. that have 18 compartments in them and hold quite a few decently for display.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #400 on: December 11, 2011, 12:29:29 PM »
I went to either Joann Fabrics or Michaels & bought a BEAD ORGANIZER made by DARICE. it has 17 compartments. I doubled up on some slots so it looks cool & had space for the cards, they are not displayed but it all fits nicely. The bead box is10.25" x6.75" & cost around $2.00

Offline Mazeedean123

« Reply #401 on: April 26, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »
I want to cap'n crunch eraser!!!! Plz  :'( I lost mine

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #402 on: April 26, 2012, 07:52:25 PM »
I want to cap'n crunch eraser!!!! Plz  :'( I lost mine

PM SENT!!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #403 on: April 27, 2012, 11:35:14 AM »
No word on a 3rd. Wacky Packages Erasers series yet, maybe before 2012 is over?

Offline Yoo-goo

« Reply #404 on: April 27, 2012, 07:43:17 PM »
When they create Series 3 They Should Drop The Cards And Add 6 Erasers Instead Of 3

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #405 on: October 07, 2014, 06:27:51 PM »
Did series 1 come in a 16 pack box like series 2, or only in the 24 pack boxes?

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #406 on: October 07, 2014, 08:40:57 PM »
Did series 1 come in a 16 pack box like series 2, or only in the 24 pack boxes?

24 pack only

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #407 on: August 23, 2020, 09:33:12 AM »
A look back!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 09:46:29 AM by rdsjnk »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #408 on: August 25, 2020, 03:56:49 PM »
Those were fun series!  And, I hate to say it, more fun than the minis due to distribution.  I hope the minis next round will help out in terms of distribution considerably.