Author Topic: Wacky Package Erasers  (Read 156144 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Wacky Package Erasers
« on: December 02, 2010, 09:21:12 AM »
I received an email from Leslie about Wacky Package erasers from Topps. She sent me a picture of the flyer but I can't add it to the forum on my iPhone. It's something about 22 erasers total packaged with one eraser and 3 cards. They seem to be all ANS titles. Anyone know about this?

Offline crackedjerk

Re: Wacky Package Erasers
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 09:53:34 AM »
I received an email from Leslie about Wacky Package erasers from Topps. She sent me a picture of the flyer but I can't add it to the forum on my iPhone. It's something about 22 erasers total packaged with one eraser and 3 cards. They seem to be all ANS titles. Anyone know about this?

Haven't heard anything, but it sounds interesting (if a bit odd).  As much as I'm happy with the ANS, postcard, and OLDS series, I would enjoy the hunt for some licensed stuff in local stores.  I hope this turns out to be a cool item to collect.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 10:34:40 AM »
Haven't heard anything, but it sounds interesting (if a bit odd).  As much as I'm happy with the ANS, postcard, and OLDS series, I would enjoy the hunt for some licensed stuff in local stores.  I hope this turns out to be a cool item to collect.

A friend sent me this pic a little while back.  I didn't pay much attention to it because I only collect 2-D items, and I missed the fact that they come w/stickers.  It would be cool if the stickers were new but it sounds like they are just ANS titles already published.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 12:59:08 PM »
Looking at the pic it appears the erasers are shaped like the products which is kinda cool.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 01:11:06 PM »
Looking at the pic it appears the erasers are shaped like the products which is kinda cool.

I agree, the 'sculpted' aspect is cool.  Not sure yet if I'll go for a set of these - it will depend on the specific titles, as well as the price.  These could be really great to display in the right size cabinet.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 01:14:34 PM »
These look to come in sealed packs which should make them more expensive to acquire as a set unless  people open them and sell sets on the bay. I was unaware of the "Emerging Collectible Eraser Market".   Sounds good to me.

DrDeal

Offline Beanball

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 01:31:46 PM »
These look to come in sealed packs which should make them more expensive to acquire as a set unless  people open them and sell sets on the bay. I was unaware of the "Emerging Collectible Eraser Market".   Sounds good to me.

DrDeal
I wonder if earasers are as popular as the rubber band collecting?
Could be.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 01:38:10 PM »
A friend sent me this pic a little while back.  I didn't pay much attention to it because I only collect 2-D items, and I missed the fact that they come w/stickers.  It would be cool if the stickers were new but it sounds like they are just ANS titles already published.

Wow, I think that looks totally cool!  As others have said, it would depend a bit on the price and availability, but I would definitely buy a bunch of these. 

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 03:03:38 PM »
I agree, the 'sculpted' aspect is cool.  Not sure yet if I'll go for a set of these - it will depend on the specific titles, as well as the price.  These could be really great to display in the right size cabinet.
not sure how much sculpting is going on, as they look flat to me.
although online, it's easy to find gazillions of color fully-3D 'collectible' erasers from Japan, so maybe?
http://www.bcop.biz/page9.html
[expando]http://www.bcop.biz/Quickstart/ImageLib/ALL_ERASERS_GUIDE.jpg[/expando]
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 03:10:21 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 04:09:53 PM »
Frito Bandito Collectible Pencil Topper Erasers were a big part of my childhood. They came in the six pack of the snack size Fritos.   They were cool.

Andrew

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 04:10:39 PM »
not sure how much sculpting is going on, as they look flat to me.
although online, it's easy to find gazillions of color fully-3D 'collectible' erasers from Japan, so maybe?
http://www.bcop.biz/page9.html
[expando]http://www.bcop.biz/Quickstart/ImageLib/ALL_ERASERS_GUIDE.jpg[/expando]

These erasers are huge with my 9 year old. They love them.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 04:51:56 PM »

I like those food and dessert ones too.... and I'm a bit older than 9.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 06:31:46 PM »
\

Same with my 9 and 11 yrs olds...pretty cool actually ...

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 06:36:21 PM »
Do these come with randomly inserted Sketch Cards drawn by the "Sculptors" ?

DrDeal

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 06:37:32 PM »
I received an email from Leslie about Wacky Package erasers from Topps.

Looks like fun. As long as they aren't double-dog limited edition erasers that will sell out in 10 minutes during a pre-sale.

Seriously though, I wonder if they'll make GPK erasers too, the fans would go nuts over those.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 06:55:17 PM »
Frito Bandito Collectible Pencil Topper Erasers were a big part of my childhood. They came in the six pack of the snack size Fritos.   They were cool.

Andrew

Me too... Circa 1970...  and don't forget W.C. Frito as well

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 07:05:43 PM »

My son and I count 9 of these that we have in our eraser collection. We hadn't seen that Mentos one and will be on the lookout for it. It looks like it says Mental or Mentals.

Frito Bandito erasers, yeah! Loved those as a kid. I mean a keed.

[expando]http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/public/news_images/4/49642_108845_3.jpg[/expando]

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 08:12:04 PM »

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 08:44:15 PM »
A friend of mine had the Japanese erasers when I was a lad waaaaay back in elementary school (back when vintage Wackys were brand new). He was Japanese and his father would bring them to him now and then to add to his collection.

I remember they not only had these cool, completely un-eraser like texture -- and were super colorful and detailed -- but they also smelled amazing! Almost edible! This almost tranquilizing sweet smell that was like no other.

Dang, I remember the Frito stuff! I even recall when they got rid of the Frito Bandito. Sad day.

I also recall another pencil-related fad when I was in elementary school. They weren't erasers but did stick on the end of pencils. They were little fruits and vegetable characters you could buy at the local Longs or Rexall Drug stores. They came in multi packs but some of these guys were much more rare than others and I recall people showing them off in the tanned bark playgrounds. Was always neat when someone had a new one no one else had ever seen. I seem to recall a coconut one that was especially cool. I had a banana guy that looked strangely like Mr. Spock. Man, I've got to find whatever remains of this stuff one of these days! :D

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 08:47:40 PM »

Andrew
Me too, loved those things!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 08:49:03 PM »
So are these Wacky Erasers available in stores right now? Or is this something that came and went already?

I'd definitely collect these.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 08:52:28 PM »

Andrew

I've heard that the white Frito-Bandito eraser is very rare.

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 08:53:46 PM »
What's amazing to me is I can still summon their jingle even though it's been how many years?

Just shows how good it is.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 08:58:55 PM »
What's amazing to me is I can still summon their jingle even though it's been how many years?

Just shows how good it is.

Aye, yi, yi yi... I am the frito bandito... I love frito corn chips I love them I do... I' ll get frito corn chips I'll get them from YOU!
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2010, 09:04:41 PM »
So are these Wacky Erasers available in stores right now? Or is this something that came and went already?

I'd definitely collect these.
didn't you hear? they went on sale this morning and completely sold out within 2 hours. Surely you got the email.....    ;)

....I'm thinking we've officially moved from the "it's been cancelled" to the "it's sold out already" era of jokes....

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 09:40:36 PM »
didn't you hear? they went on sale this morning and completely sold out within 2 hours. Surely you got the email.....    ;)

I Keel U!  :]

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2010, 09:57:08 PM »

"tanned bark playgrounds" that's good

A friend of mine had the Japanese erasers when I was a lad waaaaay back in elementary school (back when vintage Wackys were brand new). He was Japanese and his father would bring them to him now and then to add to his collection.

I remember they not only had these cool, completely un-eraser like texture -- and were super colorful and detailed -- but they also smelled amazing! Almost edible! This almost tranquilizing sweet smell that was like no other.

Were they puzzles? In case some people haven't seen these, most are puzzles, that the kids are into now. For example, a burger comes apart into the 2 buns, patty, and cheese. Many are pretty hard to put down. Can you imagine a teacher at the blackboard with a room of kids playing with their "erasers"? (Or, I mean at their projector showing a PowerPoint presentation)

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 10:09:10 PM »
Some were and others were just really cool looking (and smelling!) I can still remember that smell...

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2010, 03:29:39 AM »

I just made my kids lunches for the day. They each got a small bag of Fritos. They came out of a huge 48 count snack bag assortment box,  Not a small six pack tray with a wicked cool Frito bandito Eraser in it.

Oh well,  Andrew

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2010, 05:27:46 AM »
I just made my kids lunches for the day. They each got a small bag of Fritos. They came out of a huge 48 count snack bag assortment box,  Not a small six pack tray with a wicked cool Frito bandito Eraser in it.

Oh well,  Andrew

My kids get doritos (speeled wrong i'm sure) and they really don't like'em...no Frito B...in mine either..

where and when are the Wacky Erasers coming out...?? havn't seen it in the threads...

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2010, 10:20:43 AM »
My kids get doritos (speeled wrong i'm sure)

Yes, the correct spelling is "Dorkitos" or "Snoritos"  ;)

Offline Turbo

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2010, 01:23:11 PM »

I sent the email to Leslie with the flyer. I preordered a few cases of these already so if anyone is interested I will have some extra boxes and packs to sell. They come in gravity feed boxes with 24 packs per box.

Release Date: 3-23-11
Retail price: $2.99 per pack

ALL-NEW Celectible Erasers!!! 3 Wacky Packages Erasers Plus 3 Corresponding Stickers In Every Pack

This product is not authorized or endorsed by any of the companies who are the subject of  parody. The products we are spoofing - including our own- are all good ones, no kidding.
. 24 Sculpted Collectible Erasers
. Parodies of America's Favorite Products
. Wacky Packages Stickers in Every Pack

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2010, 02:22:52 PM »

I sent the email to Leslie with the flyer. I preordered a few cases of these already so if anyone is interested I will have some extra boxes and packs to sell. They come in gravity feed boxes with 24 packs per box.

ALL-NEW Celectible Erasers!!! 3 Wacky Packages Erasers Plus 3 Corresponding Stickers In Every Pack

This product is not authorized or endorsed by any of the companies who are the subject of  parody. The products we are spoofing - including our own- are all good ones, no kidding.

Hey Shawn, are the cards that come with these just regular ANS cards?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2010, 03:07:54 PM »

Thanks for the info.  It's stil nearly 4 months out, but it's nice to have a date in mind.  I'm not sure if I'll pick up a full box, but I suspect I'll at least grab a handful of the packs.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2010, 03:39:31 PM »

Cool. Could you post a larger version of the flyer? Thanks.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

anything