Author Topic: OLDS3 POSTER Display  (Read 2974 times)

Offline NEZHEAD42

OLDS3 POSTER Display
« on: September 12, 2012, 08:15:38 AM »
I have been meaning to post this picture for awhile. I took one of the OLDS3 posters and an extra base set and had a bit of fun. I don't think anyone else has posted a picture of a filled in poster. Enjoy.

"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline crackedjerk

Re: OLDS3 POSTER Display
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 09:48:59 AM »
Cool!  I liked the poster, but given its size and my lack of space, all my posters sit folded in a dark closet.  I hope they bring back the sketch posters for OLDS4 (and the postcard sized wackys).

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 10:47:53 AM »
I have been meaning to post this picture for awhile. I took one of the OLDS3 posters and an extra base set and had a bit of fun. I don't think anyone else has posted a picture of a filled in poster. Enjoy.

Looks great! I'm going to do that too. I'll have to rearrange some stuff on the wall to display it though...

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 11:06:04 AM »
Wow, that's very very cool.   
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 01:37:54 PM »

I did the same thing after OLDS3 came out and I knew I had a bunch of extras. I must confess that it was wierd after all these years of collecting these stickers to actually be sticking them on something again (beside the backs of envelopes). It almost felt sinful. I really enjoyed OS3 and this was one of the reasons I think it was fun. I may be in the minority, but I also liked the alternate camel backs.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 05:49:24 PM »
My wife and son had a blast completing the poster.  My son has it on his wall.  In terms of the Ludlows, 2 different back positions was fine as a reintroduction of an old friend but if they do it again I'd be happier if they just did one.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 07:50:33 PM »
but if they do it again I'd be happier if they just did one.

Funny, I was just saying the same thing on another thread.  Or even making them rarer so that they were truly special and worth trading.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 08:31:10 PM »
Looks great! I'm going to do that too. I'll have to rearrange some stuff on the wall to display it though...

I'd like to do that with a poster, But alas, There is no room on my wall.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 09:16:54 PM »

I'd like to do that with a poster, But alas, There is no room on my wall.

Garage? Basement, crawlspace, attic, car roof interior, office cubicle, shower curtain...   :-\
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 08:00:15 AM »
car roof interior

LOL!
I'm going to designate a space on my wall where I can alternate posters from time to time. That way I will always have room for the various Wacky posters I've been wanting to hang. I will not be taking down my giant 6' Gyppy Pop though ;)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 08:02:43 PM »
Garage? Basement, crawlspace, attic, car roof interior, office cubicle, shower curtain...   :-\

Out of all your selections for a place to put a poster, Here's what I don't have:

Attic, Car Roof, Crawlspace, Garage, and Office Cubicle.

My basement has too much dirt and mold downstairs, And if I displayed OS 3 on my shower curtain, It would be curtains for me-LOL.

anything