Author Topic: ANS 7 Voting Poll  (Read 13093 times)

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
Re: ANS 7 Voting Poll
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 08:36:20 PM »
Wonder if we could get a tally of WHO voted so far?

O.K. I guess the easiest way is to just start it, I'll keep adding names to it as we go:
All who voted to date:
Playbug
Crust
Sco(o)t
RawGoo
Ducko

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2011, 07:11:55 PM »
So I wanted to hear what everyones #1 favorite wacky from ANS7 is and WHY? Interesting to hear :)
KIM :)

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2011, 08:04:06 PM »
KIM :)

Offline Biva

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2011, 07:51:45 PM »
I'm glad to see so many others like "Grape-Newts" I think that this was not only a pretty funny title, but the artwork on it was fantastic. The detail was amazing! ;D

Seconded. I Googled the artist, Jason Edmiston, last night. He's got some eye-popping stuff out there on the internet. My favorites included all three of his. (Three, right?)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2011, 09:31:54 PM »
Seconded. I Googled the artist, Jason Edmiston, last night. He's got some eye-popping stuff out there on the internet. My favorites included all three of his. (Three, right?)
Four. He did Grape Newts, Clunky Soup, Rat Guard and Mrs. Blabbermouth.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 06:38:49 AM »

The guy has amazing talent. The Rat Guard's characters are so well done my kids didn't even believe it was a painting. His other work is just so amazing, also.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2011, 10:43:35 AM »
The guy has amazing talent. The Rat Guard's characters are so well done my kids didn't even believe it was a painting. His other work is just so amazing, also.

Check out this one.  Dentist anyone?................
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Biva

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2011, 12:08:16 AM »

Okay. Thanks. The Blabbermouth bottle is sure well-rendered. The verbal gags are well-thought-out. I even like the old-school, rough quality of the press-type at the bottom (anyway it looks like press-type.) But one question: why is Mrs. Blabbermouth pointing to her thumb??? (Wait - is she "telling everyone how many pancakes you ate (five pancakes)"? ...All in all, a favorite.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2011, 09:13:04 AM »
But one question: why is Mrs. Blabbermouth pointing to her thumb??? (Wait - is she "telling everyone how many pancakes you ate (five pancakes)"? ...All in all, a favorite.
Yes! :great:

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2011, 08:55:57 PM »
Okay. Thanks. The Blabbermouth bottle is sure well-rendered. The verbal gags are well-thought-out. I even like the old-school, rough quality of the press-type at the bottom (anyway it looks like press-type.) But one question: why is Mrs. Blabbermouth pointing to her thumb??? (Wait - is she "telling everyone how many pancakes you ate (five pancakes)"? ...All in all, a favorite.
He doesn't write the gags. Only paints.
He painted five more for ANS8.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 09:16:23 PM by BumChex »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2011, 09:16:38 PM »

He has a lot of painting talent so it really doesn't matter if he came up with the gag.
Look at the Topps auctions, they are selling the original sketches and from what I have seen they are all Jay Lynches.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2011, 09:28:53 PM »
He has a lot of painting talent so it really doesn't matter if he came up with the gag.
Look at the Topps auctions, they are selling the original sketches and from what I have seen they are all Jay Lynches.
Rat Guard is Smokin Joe.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2011, 10:34:38 AM »

I love the result when Jason tackles one on my concepts, like Blabbermouth's. Not only does he have amazingly slick skills, but I can be a control freak and he generally sticks to the script!

anything