Author Topic: ANS 7 Voting Poll  (Read 13188 times)

Offline Plan 9

ANS 7 Voting Poll
« on: November 18, 2010, 03:25:35 AM »
Vote away!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
Re: ANS 7 Voting Poll
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 03:11:50 PM »
Why did you have no voting limit? Would it make more sense to have it be 5 or maybe 10? Seems weird and would make results wonky.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 03:57:07 PM »
I picked my favorite 10
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 04:02:41 PM »
Why did you have no voting limit? Would it make more sense to have it be 5 or maybe 10? Seems weird and would make results wonky.
I thought it would produce more realistic results. If I really like 15 then it wouldn't be accurate to only name 10. Let's take a vote on the voting limit. Just kidding. Should I change the limit to 10?

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 06:27:30 PM »
It's a cool idea, but I think you should limit the number of votes, whether it be 10, 15, 20.  I think the results will mean more if a reasonable lower limit is imposed.

I thought it would produce more realistic results. If I really like 15 then it wouldn't be accurate to only name 10. Let's take a vote on the voting limit. Just kidding. Should I change the limit to 10?
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 07:30:51 PM »
I agree. Top 10 for each person.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 08:07:24 PM »
I agree. Top 10 for each person.
I reset the vote count to 0 but it didn't give me the option to change anything. So I guess we're stuck with it the way it is. Nothing wrong with that. Why would anybody vote for a sticker they didn't like? My apologies to those who voted but you'll need to vote again.

Let's vote for all your favorites. Not just your top ten. The list will tell us what the top ten titles are as well as all other favorites. If you have 18 favorites then what's the point of leaving off 8?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:52:50 AM by Plan 9 »

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 03:15:20 AM »
This is a big series. Limiting your choice to just 10 out of 80 titles seems unreasonable.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 08:09:04 AM »
I reset the vote count to 0 but it didn't give me the option to change anything. So I guess we're stuck with it the way it is. Nothing wrong with that. Why would anybody vote for a sticker they didn't like? My apologies to those who voted but you'll need to vote again.

Let's vote for all your favorites. Not just your top ten. The list will tell us what the top ten titles are as well as all other favorites. If you have 18 favorites then what's the point of leaving off 8?
There should be the option for you to change this. I just edited it for 10 items per person. Since I'm the admin I have this option but I thought it was available to the person that setup the poll. I just checked it out and for some reason there isn't an option to set how many people can choose. Only the admin has this available. I changed this one so in the future if you want this changed just send me a PM.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 08:15:54 AM by BumChex »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 09:28:32 AM »
There should be the option for you to change this. I just edited it for 10 items per person. Since I'm the admin I have this option but I thought it was available to the person that setup the poll. I just checked it out and for some reason there isn't an option to set how many people can choose. Only the admin has this available. I changed this one so in the future if you want this changed just send me a PM.

But I thought Mark didn't want the voting limited?  I'm going to wait to vote, I think.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 10:40:19 AM »
This is a big series. Limiting your choice to just 10 out of 80 titles seems unreasonable.
Sorry Mark. I didn't read this. If you want me to change it back its fine. The problem if you allow people to have too many votes is it really screws with the actual results because someone would pick 10 and someone would pick 50. While others could pick all 80. You really wouldn't get a good gauge as to what is really special in this series with too many votes. Something to think about. Just let me know if you want this changed back from 10 picks.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 03:33:29 PM »
Sorry Mark. I didn't read this. If you want me to change it back its fine. The problem if you allow people to have too many votes is it really screws with the actual results because someone would pick 10 and someone would pick 50. While others could pick all 80. You really wouldn't get a good gauge as to what is really special in this series with too many votes. Something to think about. Just let me know if you want this changed back from 10 picks.
You can also look at the results as a thumbs up or thumbs down for every title. I want to know what collectors like overall, not just their top 10. Please set it to no limit. The top 10 will present themselves no matter what.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 03:35:17 PM »
Also I have it set so you can change your votes anytime. I think this is important because some of your favorites may change as you get to know the series.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 12:39:42 AM »
Only 18 votes so far. How many members are on this forum again?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 04:39:55 AM »
Only 18 votes so far. How many members are on this forum again?

I was waiting until the rules were set.  Also want to flip through my binder again before voting - sounds like something to do while waiting for the Old School 2 pre-sale tonight!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 07:54:09 PM »
Man Oh Man Grape Newts is a pretty sticker, who painted that one?
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 09:12:49 PM »
Man Oh Man Grape Newts is a pretty sticker, who painted that one?
Jason Edmiston did it. He's new to Wacky Packs. Grape Newts is pretty amazing. He also did Rat Guard and Clunky. They're sharp but they don't look Wacky enough.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2010, 09:37:42 PM »
I agree they might be missing the "Humor" side of things, but for Newts it really works for me.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 07:37:04 AM »
I agree they might be missing the "Humor" side of things, but for Newts it really works for me.

I really like the 3 he did.  Tons of detail in there.  I had Jeff Zapata do my ANS7 sketch as a Grape Newts because I liked it so much.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Taz

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 07:44:37 AM »
I really like the 3 he did.  Tons of detail in there.  I had Jeff Zapata do my ANS7 sketch as a Grape Newts because I liked it so much.

I'll chime in and say that Grape Newts was my favorite from the series.  Have you ever posted a scan of the sketch Jeff made for you?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2010, 08:08:20 AM »
I'll chime in and say that Grape Newts was my favorite from the series.  Have you ever posted a scan of the sketch Jeff made for you?

Yes I did, I posted all 4 of my sketches in one of the ANS7 threads, but I'm not sure which one off the top of my head. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 06:45:49 PM »
23 voters seems remarkably small considering the size of membership. Are there only about 23 active members at this time?

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2010, 07:33:21 PM »
Just voted. Can't believe I am just now seeing this thread for the 1st time. How is this possible? No need for me to look over the titles, I have done that a lot already on many occasions. I picked the 1st titles that came to mind when examining the list and that was a number of 23 titles overall. Now I'm gonna check out the tallys. I like the no limit voting, I agree that it makes for a better guage because nothing is being left out. If you like a certain title, it will definately make the cut. The top 5, 10 or whatever will rise to the top no matter what anyway. Let's see how this pans out after many more forum member votes are in.  :great:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 07:36:00 PM by Playbug »
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2010, 10:25:43 PM »
Monster wackes still seem to rise to the top

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2010, 11:01:43 AM »
Just voted.

I missed this thread too. Seems like only so many show up when I select "Show unread posts since last visit" ? Maybe it's because I skipped this once and had to wait until new posts on it. Anyway, there seem to be hundreds of threads sometimes. :)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 07:46:50 AM »
Just voted.

I missed this thread too. Seems like only so many show up when I select "Show unread posts since last visit" ? Maybe it's because I skipped this once and had to wait until new posts on it. Anyway, there seem to be hundreds of threads sometimes. :)

Yes, I don't know how I missed it, I would of definately voted a lot sooner. I thought I knew how to navigate through this forum pretty well, but I guess I am still figuring it out.  :-\

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 04:06:29 PM »
Long as we haven't moved on to another series yet, thought I'd give this thread a bump. Keep in mind you can add and change your votes. Don't just vote your top 5 or 10. Vote for all the titles you like. We'll figure out the top 10 from the final results.

Offline Crust

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 04:34:48 PM »
I'm glad to see so many others like "Grape-Newts" I think that this was not only a pretty funny title, but the artwork on it was fantastic. The detail was amazing! ;D

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 05:11:54 PM »
I'm glad to see so many others like "Grape-Newts" I think that this was not only a pretty funny title, but the artwork on it was fantastic. The detail was amazing! ;D

Wonder if we could get a tally of WHO voted so far?

O.K. I guess the easiest way is to just start it, I'll keep adding names to it as we go:
All who voted to date:
Playbug
Crust
Sco(o)t
RawGoo
Ducko
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 08:49:23 PM by Playbug »

Offline Crust

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 05:32:06 PM »
Add Crust to your list

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 05:34:14 PM »

O.K. I guess the easiest way is to just start it, and everyone else who voted can add their name to it:

All who voted to date:
Playbug
Crust

I did for ya, but anyone can add to the list on their own just by using the "quote" to reply, then just add your name under the last name there, in this case Crust...

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 06:31:41 PM »

O.K. I guess the easiest way is to just start it, and everyone else who voted can add their name to it:

All who voted to date:
Playbug
Crust
Sco(o)t
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 06:56:57 PM »
I did for ya, but anyone can add to the list on their own just by using the "quote" to reply, then just add your name under the last name there, in this case Crust...

Looks like it's not that easy. That only works for 1 reply. Just let us know by posting if you voted and I'll update the list.  :great:

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 06:58:39 PM »
Looks like it's not that easy. That only works for 1 reply. Just let us know by posting if you voted and I'll update the list.  :great:

Oh good - I thought I was nuts when I tried that yesterday!  I voted.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 07:05:40 PM »
Oh good - I thought I was nuts when I tried that yesterday!  I voted.

O.K., just added ya. Still got your Gravity Feed, Waiting on the Olds2.... Howz maw? Good I hope.