Author Topic: POSTCARD WAITING LIST UPDATE  (Read 20387 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
POSTCARD WAITING LIST UPDATE
« on: November 07, 2010, 07:06:45 PM »
Well, I've got some unfortunate news for folks on the Halloween postcard waiting list. According to Topps, there are no extra Halloween postcard sets available. The few that they did get returned were quickly absorbed by the extra orders that they received the day of the sale. I apologize for those that didn't get one, and I've been talking with Topps to find a way to close the loophole that allowed some buyers to get more than the 5 card limit. It really sucks and it's definitely not the way it was supposed to go. But I'll be posting news later this month to people who signed up for the mailing list and hopefully Topps will have a solution in place before the next set goes on sale. In the meantime, if anyone here has any extras, I'd appreciate it if you can help out your fellow collector.

Best Regards,
 -Neil Camera

Offline Plastered Peanut

Re: POSTCARD WAITING LIST UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 07:59:40 PM »
Thanks for doing all you could Neil.  We know you did all you could to help out the folks who missed out.  You are a great member of the wacky community!
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 08:00:22 PM »
Well, I've got some unfortunate news for folks on the Halloween postcard waiting list. According to Topps, there are no extra Halloween postcard sets available. The few that they did get returned were quickly absorbed by the extra orders that they received the day of the sale. I apologize for those that didn't get one, and I've been talking with Topps to find a way to close the loophole that allowed some buyers to get more than the 5 card limit. It really sucks and it's definitely not the way it was supposed to go. But I'll be posting news later this month to people who signed up for the mailing list and hopefully Topps will have a solution in place before the next set goes on sale. In the meantime, if anyone here has any extras, I'd appreciate it if you can help out your fellow collector.

Best Regards,
 -Neil Camera

Even though it didn't work out, thanks for trying to hook up those of us that got shut out.

And thanks for trying to fix the system!

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 08:01:28 PM »

Best Regards,
 -Neil Camera

Definitely appreciate the extra effort on your part, Neil. Sorry I missed out this time. For some reason I confused the mailing list for Old School 2 with the Postcard Sets so was watching my email and not the forums. Doh!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 08:11:46 PM »

Best Regards,
 -Neil Camera
Then they should be sending me my original order that they stupidly canceled. Mine was probably one of the first orders to come in. I did manage to get some sets on the secondary market but it was a bit costly. Once again, thank ol' Jesus for the "profiteers". God bless those satanic capitalistic puppy killers.

Offline bigfoot67

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 09:05:08 PM »

Best Regards,
 -Neil Camera
There are some good guys in this bunch. I just received a Wacky Halloween Post Card Set in the mail today after missing out on the online sale day. Thanks John, much appreciated brother! Nice Witch Sketch!!!!! Love 'em!
FOLLOW ME, I'LL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 10:18:21 PM »
There are some good guys in this bunch. I just received a Wacky Halloween Post Card Set in the mail today after missing out on the online sale day. Thanks John, much appreciated brother! Nice Witch Sketch!!!!! Love 'em!

Glad to help!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 04:46:57 AM »

I agree 100%. I also got a set from a forum member (thanks Matthew!) after missing out. There were a couple others who checked in to make sure I was covered (thanks John and Patrick!). This forum is the best!

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 05:08:25 AM »
I agree 100%. I also got a set from a forum member (thanks Matthew!) after missing out. There were a couple others who checked in to make sure I was covered (thanks John and Patrick!). This forum is the best!

Is there anyone else out there that has a complete unopened (or opened) Halloween pack that is willing to sell or trade one to a collector (me) that missed out on this batch??  I still do not own or even had a chance at purchasing a full pack for my collection, other than the inflated Ebay prices...

If so, please send me a PM.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 06:33:21 AM by BRUTE_88 »

Offline Playskull

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 08:32:43 AM »
Neil, one thing I would like to see you suggest to Topps is to have them hold back maybe 10-15 sets of the LE postcards next time.  These would be for people like Plan 9 and me who got screwed (in different ways).  After the dust has settled, it's not like they couldn't sell any remaining sets in a nanosecond.  Just a suggestion.  Thanks

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 11:00:50 AM »
Neil, one thing I would like to see you suggest to Topps is to have them hold back maybe 10-15 sets of the LE postcards next time.  These would be for people like Plan 9 and me who got screwed (in different ways).  After the dust has settled, it's not like they couldn't sell any remaining sets in a nanosecond.  Just a suggestion.  Thanks

I'd love to be on some kind of subscription list to get at least one LE postcard set automatically. I'd pay extra for that privilege.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 11:29:16 AM »

That's a great suggestion and I'll definitely pass it along to them. Topps customer service does a great job considering the number of orders they handle, but I think the last couple of postcard releases have thrown them a few curve balls.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 02:51:10 PM »

That's a great suggestion and I'll definitely pass it along to them. Topps customer service does a great job considering the number of orders they handle, but I think the last couple of postcard releases have thrown them a few curve balls.

Someone I know called Topps a little while back and was told the next postcard series might be on a lottery system.  I'm not sure I like that idea because many would be out of luck as a result of a few who exploit the system.  It's a tough issue to solve though. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 05:42:24 PM »
Someone I know called Topps a little while back and was told the next postcard series might be on a lottery system.  I'm not sure I like that idea because many would be out of luck as a result of a few who exploit the system.  It's a tough issue to solve though. 
I think first come, first served is the fairest way to go. If they turn it into a lottery then they better have a state license.

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 07:41:12 PM »
I Agree!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 08:35:26 PM »
I agree it should be on a first come basis. We just need to make sure the 5 set limit is enforced. I know people can use relatives and such so that makes things tough. 

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 10:25:41 PM »
Agreed, considering their ability to track folks abusing the system is poor, what is it they think they are fixing with a lottery system? 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 05:39:02 AM »
I agree it should be on a first come basis. We just need to make sure the 5 set limit is enforced. I know people can use relatives and such so that makes things tough.  
I agree on the first come basis also. Can't TOPPS block IP addresses or something like that to keep people from hogging up more than they are allowed? I bet the people that hog the sets are doing it from one computer vs. getting people to order sets for them. Example, someone could use 5 credit cards (4 borrowed along with the cardholders' addresses and 1 credit card of their own) and gets 25 postcard sets. The reason I suspect that it is being done at one computer is because of how fast the halloween sets sold out. It would be harder in most cases for people to gain access to 5 computers in order to aquire 25 postcard sets. Where's our IT guys at? Surely something can be done. Anyone?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 05:43:10 AM by View Monster »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 05:46:28 AM »
I think first come, first served is the fairest way to go. If they turn it into a lottery then they better have a state license.

As far as I'm concerned, "first come, first serve" is the only real option.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 05:48:09 AM by koduck »

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 05:58:22 AM »
We just need to make sure the 5 set limit is enforced. I know people can use relatives and such so that makes things tough. 
Since when does a Topps decision become the law of the land?

Offline dognsuds

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 12:57:34 PM »
All I wanted was one damn set. I hurried home after work got online, only to find they were all sold out. "First come, first serve" the only real option? I'd loose my job if I used a company computer for personal use.
I don't have a job with such luxuries that I can sit on my ass and order things online instead of doing my work. Topps can keep the damn postcards from here on in.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 01:15:47 PM »
I agree that first come, first serve is the best way to go.   A heads-up e-mail would be great, to have a few days notice for when they're going on sale, too. 

I think it's most unfortunate that, for whatever reason, this particular series did not get an "unlimited" version set.  At least with all the other series, you had a chance to get that, if you missed out on the limited version.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2010, 02:44:56 PM »
First come, first serve is the only realistic way to go.

It would be nice if Topps could limit the purchases to 5 per buyer.

It would be great if we could get an email notice of the pending sale time a few days in advance (and be sure to let us know it's Eastern Time, etc.)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2010, 03:22:32 PM »
I agree that first come, first serve is the best way to go.   A heads-up e-mail would be great, to have a few days notice for when they're going on sale, too. 

The double-edge sword with the "few days notice" is that it gives networkers more time to line-up people to purchase sets, which is the heart of the issue.  I say send out an email to forum members a few hours before the release, and don't give any hints as to when it will happen.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2010, 03:32:32 PM »
Maybe forum members could sign up for a pre-pay option, one set only.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2010, 03:51:29 PM »
Maybe they should only sell one third of a set per customer.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2010, 04:28:26 PM »
All I wanted was one damn set. I hurried home after work got online, only to find they were all sold out. "First come, first serve" the only real option? I'd loose my job if I used a company computer for personal use.
I don't have a job with such luxuries that I can sit on my ass and order things online instead of doing my work. Topps can keep the damn postcards from here on in.

I believe you can also phone in an order.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2010, 04:31:37 PM »

That's what we're talking about with the "subscription" thing. One set guaranteed per forum member. No one gets shut out.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2010, 05:20:41 PM »
I agree on the first come basis also. Can't TOPPS block IP addresses or something like that to keep people from hogging up more than they are allowed? I bet the people that hog the sets are doing it from one computer vs. getting people to order sets for them. Example, someone could use 5 credit cards (4 borrowed along with the cardholders' addresses and 1 credit card of their own) and gets 25 postcard sets. The reason I suspect that it is being done at one computer is because of how fast the halloween sets sold out. It would be harder in most cases for people to gain access to 5 computers in order to aquire 25 postcard sets. Where's our IT guys at? Surely something can be done.

It's technically possible to block the IP but it wouldn't keep the orderer from then ordering using their smart phone or iPad or another pc. Even if all their devices where on the same router, the IP would be unique. Topps could do this unannounced and it might curb some of the violations the first time it was done, but  
I suspect people would adjust their strategy quickly.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 05:26:42 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2010, 05:25:25 PM »
Don't they take phone orders too?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2010, 06:00:42 PM »

That would be great!
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2010, 06:26:38 PM »

That would be great!

Then, once the postcards are officially released, it can remain the same way it currently is and customers can buy 6, or whatever amount it is. Topps would get their money upfront, subscribers would get their sets, and, presumably, there would be enough left for the day of release for people who collect multiples or resell.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2010, 09:32:34 PM »
That's what we're talking about with the "subscription" thing. One set guaranteed per forum member. No one gets shut out.

And nobody completes a set.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2010, 11:04:18 AM »
Easy solution is that forum regulars get to sign up for 5 sets on a first come first served basis. Once everyone has as many sets they want (up to 5 sets) then the general public can have their shot. People who have violated the 5 sets per person rule in order to make a profit should be automatically barred from signing up for any sets.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2010, 11:28:51 AM »
Also, I really like the idea of holding 10-15 sets back for forum members that weren't around to sign up so they at least get something.