Author Topic: Wacky Postcard Art Scans  (Read 26732 times)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
Re: Wacky Postcard Art Scans
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2011, 10:51:24 AM »
Here's my one and only Topps Vault auction win - Resee's Peepers.  I'm really glad to have scored this one, as I'm a big fan of Neil's work, and this was a Wacky I got at the "Philly" show in Allentown last year, when I met so many Wacky friends for the first time.

I think this would have fit in really well with the Halloween titles!

Nice win! One of my favorites. Love the orange color. Neat that it ties into your Allentown meet-up.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2011, 08:08:15 PM »
Here's my one and only Topps Vault auction win - Resee's Peepers.  I'm really glad to have scored this one, as I'm a big fan of Neil's work, and this was a Wacky I got at the "Philly" show in Allentown last year, when I met so many Wacky friends for the first time.

I think this would have fit in really well with the Halloween titles!

That's such a great gag.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2011, 09:01:26 PM »
That's such a great gag.

Thanks! It was rejected for the ANS so I was glad to know Neil had his eyes on it. Pun intended.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2011, 04:05:56 AM »
Thanks! It was rejected for the ANS so I was glad to know Neil had his eyes on it. Pun intended.

I managed to trade for one of your Halloween sketch cards - the candy bar is saying "Watch what you eat!", which I especially liked because it's a line on Resee's Peepers.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2011, 08:51:45 AM »
I managed to trade for one of your Halloween sketch cards - the candy bar is saying "Watch what you eat!", which I especially liked because it's a line on Resee's Peepers.
"... and it'll return the favor!"

anything