Author Topic: Topps  (Read 5171 times)

Offline Playskull

Topps
« on: November 04, 2010, 12:19:20 PM »
So, as I reported in a another thread about a week or so ago, one of my Halloween LE Postcard sets had a damaged sketch card in it (later I found out that I actually had TWO sets with a damaged sketch card, but anyway....).  So, I emailed Topps and got some generic reply that I should send the card back with all the original contnets, which I did.  I was keeping my fingers crosses that just maybe they held back a few of these sets for cases like this, but was definitely pessimistic.  Well, I get a package in the mail today from Topps.  Sure enough, inside it was the original pack I had sent them with the damaged sketch card along with another generic response -- a letter stating that while they were unable to fulfill my request, please accept these complementary packs.  They had included 2 packs of ANS7.  Between the 2 packs, there was only one "chase" card: a 3 Mosquitos foil.

It was badly damaged.

Offline ronlisa

• Ron's Game Room
Re: Topps
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 12:48:51 PM »
Sorry to hear about your trouble. Its a shame it could not have been a box of ANS or something that could have been easily replaced.

I ordered a couple of binders , the ANS 7 & the postcard binder, along with my Halloween postcard order , and both the binders came damaged. They looked like they both were dropped and it broke open the plastic covers on one cornor. I called Topps and talked to a guy named Ted. He told me to send them back and they would replace them. I mailed them back last Friday , so it probably be some time next week before I recieve the new ones.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 12:51:03 PM by ronlisa »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 12:52:05 PM »
So, as I reported in a another thread about a week or so ago, one of my Halloween LE Postcard sets had a damaged sketch card in it (later I found out that I actually had TWO sets with a damaged sketch card, but anyway....).  So, I emailed Topps and got some generic reply that I should send the card back with all the original contnets, which I did.  I was keeping my fingers crosses that just maybe they held back a few of these sets for cases like this, but was definitely pessimistic.  Well, I get a package in the mail today from Topps.  Sure enough, inside it was the original pack I had sent them with the damaged sketch card along with another generic response -- a letter stating that while they were unable to fulfill my request, please accept these complementary packs.  They had included 2 packs of ANS7.  Between the 2 packs, there was only one "chase" card: a 3 Mosquitos foil.

It was badly damaged.

I think they are totally dry with replacement cards.  How bad is your card damaged?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 12:58:52 PM »
That's really too bad.  Makes me very nervous about ever sending anything back.  I'm sorry you didn't get better resolution to that problem.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 01:10:57 PM »
I think they are totally dry with replacement cards.  How bad is your card damaged?
Oh, I have no doubt they are dry.  So, this whole "send it back" charade could have been avoided if they would have had somebody look into it.  I mean "really" look into it and not just send the same old robot response as somebody would get for a damaged foil in an ANS7 pack, for example.  I even said in my original email how the set was LIMITED and had since SOLD OUT, but that still didn't stop them from sending the robot reply.  Damn, I hate those type of replies.  It's such poor customer service.  Also, 2 packs of ANS7 is hardly compensation for a one of a kind artist sketch card that they sent damaged.  Hell, that doesn't even cover what it cost me to ship the set back to them!

As far as the damage, its not obnoxious.  A little bend in the upper left corner.  Still, it must be pointed out to anybody I try to make a deal with and I'm afraid it's going to be a deal breaker in a lot of cases.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 01:57:47 PM »

As far as the damage, its not obnoxious.  A little bend in the upper left corner.  Still, it must be pointed out to anybody I try to make a deal with and I'm afraid it's going to be a deal breaker in a lot of cases.
Depends on the sketch. Sure it will devalue the card some but if it's a sketch that is nice then it might not make much difference. What sketch is it? Can you post a pic?

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 02:40:56 PM »
Depends on the sketch. Sure it will devalue the card some but if it's a sketch that is nice then it might not make much difference. What sketch is it? Can you post a pic?
Agreed, I don't know anyone who is "grading" sketch cards.  Is someone really going to pick up a sketch card they don't like over one they do like all because the one they do like has a bent corner?  I can say with 100% certainty that if his sketch is one I like, I will offer a perfect no corner bent sketch card for it and I will just live with a bent corner.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 03:01:30 PM »
Agreed, I don't know anyone who is "grading" sketch cards.  Is someone really going to pick up a sketch card they don't like over one they do like all because the one they do like has a bent corner?  I can say with 100% certainty that if his sketch is one I like, I will offer a perfect no corner bent sketch card for it and I will just live with a bent corner.

My series 6 Neil Camera 5-title combo sketch came with a bent corner, and while it's a little annoying knowing the corner is bent, it's an awesome sketch, and it is my favorite from the series, even though my others all have good corners.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 03:03:24 PM »
My series 6 Neil Camera 5-title combo sketch came with a bent corner, and while it's a little annoying knowing the corner is bent, it's an awesome sketch, and it is my favorite from the series, even though my others all have good corners.
You sure you don't want to part with that no good bent corner combo sketch?  I have some 4 corner beauties for ya!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 03:12:02 PM »
You sure you don't want to part with that no good bent corner combo sketch?  I have some 4 corner beauties for ya!

Nah, I think I'll hold onto it  ;D

I can see Playskull's problem and disappointment though, especially if he was hoping to put it on ebay.  Some people will just avoid an auction for an 'imperfect' card.  But to me, as long as the sketch part is OK, that's the important part.  And, I go by whether or not the sketch itself appeals to me.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 03:16:01 PM »
Oh, I have no doubt they are dry.  So, this whole "send it back" charade could have been avoided if they would have had somebody look into it.  I mean "really" look into it and not just send the same old robot response as somebody would get for a damaged foil in an ANS7 pack, for example.  I even said in my original email how the set was LIMITED and had since SOLD OUT, but that still didn't stop them from sending the robot reply.  Damn, I hate those type of replies.  It's such poor customer service.  Also, 2 packs of ANS7 is hardly compensation for a one of a kind artist sketch card that they sent damaged.  Hell, that doesn't even cover what it cost me to ship the set back to them!

I agree with you that Topps should grow a brain cell and actually pay attention to your specific concern as you did everything you could to guide them to the fact that they may not have any replacement.  Canned responses suck!  Be happy with your sketch dude, I am serious, if it is one that I like, I will swap one with nice corners for it.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 03:29:52 PM »
My damaged sketch is a John Z Mellow Cup guy.  It's a double-edged sword because from what I can tell, these are probably the least desirable sketches in this series.  So, better to have this one damaged than say the vampire, for example.  But, because it's not a highly desirable one to begin with, I don't need for it to have any further disadvantages.  Oh well, maybe I can trade it for a couple bio cards or something like that.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 03:35:38 PM »
Canned responses suck!
Exactly.  Every situation is different.  They need to start treating it that way.  You can't just have one email/letter prepared and expect it to cover every case where there's a damaged item.  That's just lazy, horrible customer service.  Those 2 ANS7 packs were a real slap in the face.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 03:45:19 PM »
Exactly.  Every situation is different.  They need to start treating it that way.  You can't just have one email/letter prepared and expect it to cover every case where there's a damaged item.  That's just lazy, horrible customer service.  Those 2 ANS7 packs were a real slap in the face.

I agree, they should have told you up front that they had no replacements.  Time and money to return damaged/defective items don't seem to fall in their customer service radar.  Earlier in the year I had to pay to send back 2 Old School boxes I received that were missing envelopes, and I was counting myself fortunate that they still had replacements at the time.  I wonder what would happen if someone opened a box like that now?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 05:18:15 PM »

Bent corner?, that's a darn shame.  I'll help you out and give you 50 bucks for it since it's damaged goods.  LOL!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

anything