Author Topic: ANS7 GOLD FLASHES WANTED!  (Read 8142 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
ANS7 GOLD FLASHES WANTED!
« on: November 01, 2010, 01:16:44 PM »

Hi, I need the following ANS7 Gold Flashes to complete my set.  If anyone can help me out please send me a PM.  Thanks!

Gold Flash #1 (Special K)
Gold Flash #3 (Mouse Mix)
Gold Flash #8 (Sweet n Slow)
Gold Flash #11 (Choppertone)
Gold Flash #14 (Guitar Zero)
Gold Flash #16 (Yubang)

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: ANS7 GOLD FLASHES WANTED!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 12:12:46 PM »
I'll chime in here as well. Leslie emailed me and she needs the following golds 1, 11 and 19. Anyone?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 12:57:20 PM »
I'll chime in here as well. Leslie emailed me and she needs the following golds 1, 11 and 19. Anyone?

I wonder if anyone else is crazy enough to go for a set?  She is the only other one I know of.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 02:05:43 PM »
I wonder if anyone else is crazy enough to go for a set?  She is the only other one I know of.
People, ok maybe myself, thought that with the initial glut of ANS7 stuff showing up that the Golds and Sketches probably weren't going to be too tough to get or put a gold set together. Now I'm seeing things dry up fast. I feel really lucky to get 3 sketches even though I had to spend $1k on one sketch. I ended up with only one gold and sold 2 others to help pay for the sketches.
People said they will not pay high prices and just get them later. I'm thinking a lot of people have stopped buying ANS7 packs because of the expense to try and find the toughies. I quit real early and Leslie told me she is done buying ANS7. I also think the Halloween postcards took peoples minds off ANS7 and that may continue with OLDS2.
There are still at least 2 collectors needing a gold or 2 for a flashback 2 set. Those may never get completed.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 02:37:36 PM »
People, ok maybe myself, thought that with the initial glut of ANS7 stuff showing up that the Golds and Sketches probably weren't going to be too tough to get or put a gold set together. Now I'm seeing things dry up fast. I feel really lucky to get 3 sketches even though I had to spend $1k on one sketch. I ended up with only one gold and sold 2 others to help pay for the sketches.
People said they will not pay high prices and just get them later. I'm thinking a lot of people have stopped buying ANS7 packs because of the expense to try and find the toughies. I quit real early and Leslie told me she is done buying ANS7. I also think the Halloween postcards took peoples minds off ANS7 and that may continue with OLDS2.
There are still at least 2 collectors needing a gold or 2 for a flashback 2 set. Those may never get completed.
Why are you putting credence into something Leslie just told you knowing her history of rarely actually doing what she says?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 08:05:05 AM »
Hi, I need the following ANS7 Gold Flashes to complete my set.  If anyone can help me out please send me a PM.  Thanks!

Gold Flash #1 (Special K)
Gold Flash #3 (Mouse Mix)
Gold Flash #8 (Sweet n Slow)
Gold Flash #11 (Choppertone)
Gold Flash #14 (Guitar Zero)
Gold Flash #16 (Yubang)

I am now down to only needing #1 Special K.  This seems to be a tough one.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 07:05:41 PM »
I am now down to only needing #1 Special K.  This seems to be a tough one.

Cool, will you be the 1st to complete a ANS 7 Gold Set? I dont recall hearing of too many even trying because of the odds. I didn't get any during my pack cracking. I'll let you know if I see any on E-bay.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 10:21:21 AM »
I wonder why Special K would be any tougher than other titles.  They are all made in the same number and have an equal chance of winding up in collectors hands.  I did notice that in terms of Autos, Lox F2 always sold higher than other titles.  I thought this might be that they were rarer since a number of them ended up as unsigned error cards.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 02:09:31 PM »
Cool, will you be the 1st to complete a ANS 7 Gold Set? I dont recall hearing of too many even trying because of the odds. I didn't get any during my pack cracking. I'll let you know if I see any on E-bay.

Leslie Lindholm has completed her set but I'm not aware of anyway else as nuts as we are.  LOL

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 02:11:48 PM »
I wonder why Special K would be any tougher than other titles.  They are all made in the same number and have an equal chance of winding up in collectors hands.  I did notice that in terms of Autos, Lox F2 always sold higher than other titles.  I thought this might be that they were rarer since a number of them ended up as unsigned error cards.

Is just really by random chance that it works out that way.  For whatever reason there were a handful of titles (@5) in both Flashback Gold sets that were notoriously hard to find, and they were the ones that several set builders were looking for as they got close to finishing their sets.     

Offline quas

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 02:35:14 PM »
Tell me about it!  I'm still looking for the elusive Dirtycell and Greaser's Pieces.  And I know there's another set out there that just needs a Battlecaps to complete it!
Marc

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 04:39:26 PM »
Tell me about it!  I'm still looking for the elusive Dirtycell and Greaser's Pieces.  And I know there's another set out there that just needs a Battlecaps to complete it!

Yup, those are a few of them from the 2nd series that were tough.  Do you remember what the tough ones were in series 1?  I recall Jolly Mean and Mex Pax being two of them.