Author Topic: Wacky Halloween everybody!  (Read 13922 times)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
Re: Wacky Halloween everybody!
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 04:01:31 PM »
Yep, 2009 was a great Halloween thanks to Neil!  The sketch I received will always be my favorite, and I won't be parting with it.

WOW!  I've never seen that one before!  Can you imagine if that had been in color?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2010, 04:08:27 PM »
WOW!  I've never seen that one before!  Can you imagine if that had been in color?

I posted it on the old forum last year, but probably never here.  It's truly awesome!!  Don't even know if color could make me like it more, it's just such a cool Wacky use of a new Wacky character, and so wonderfully drawn!!

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2010, 04:58:54 PM »
If I was a kid, I would come back and hit your house a couple more times. Wacky Packages for Halloween would be terrific! When I was a kid, in Logansport, Indiana, some of the older folks got a bit touchy about kids coming back a second time (remember it was before "Fun Size" candy bars so people had a little more invested per Trick-or-Treater).  My best friend and I would wear costumers where, after the 1st round, we could swap out some items and go back to the houses with good treats looking differently. We would also use our Thing-Makers before Halloween and make up a bunch or bugs and hand them out where we got good stuff. One guy on our block simply gave out quarters. In 1967, this was great for an 8 year old. A small fortune.
That is exactly what I told my wife! She said I was nuts and that no kid would go to all that trouble. Had I been a kid, I would have returned multiple times and on both nights. I gotta admit with the porch lights low and a gaggle of opened bags, sacks and plastic pumpkins thrust in my direction all at once, I could have given out to the same kid or kids multiple times and not known it. Oh well, more Wackys for everyone!
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2010, 05:08:55 PM »
Yep, 2009 was a great Halloween thanks to Neil!  The sketch I received will always be my favorite, and I won't be parting with it.
What a cool sketch!

That vehicle has some groovy personality, and I like that the Bot’s nose and ears match the lug nuts.
Like a find Waldo puzzle, Neil’s signature on the front license plate was a bit tricky to find!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2010, 08:14:40 PM »
That is exactly what I told my wife! She said I was nuts and that no kid would go to all that trouble. Had I been a kid, I would have returned multiple times and on both nights. I gotta admit with the porch lights low and a gaggle of opened bags, sacks and plastic pumpkins thrust in my direction all at once, I could have given out to the same kid or kids multiple times and not known it. Oh well, more Wackys for everyone!
I am with you, we DID go back to houses that gave out the coolest stuff!  I would also have fallen victum yesterday to same kids coming back as I could not possibly keep track.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2010, 04:28:35 PM »
What a cool sketch!

That vehicle has some groovy personality, and I like that the Bot’s nose and ears match the lug nuts.
Like a find Waldo puzzle, Neil’s signature on the front license plate was a bit tricky to find!

Here's more of the Halloween '09 sketches

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2010, 05:20:03 PM »
and 1 more!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2010, 05:39:55 PM »
and 1 more!
Cool to see, thanks for posting. I think my favorite is the one with the bot with a bite out of it from the giant teeth. Giant teeth are always funny.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2010, 09:53:12 PM »
My favorite one of those '09 Halloween Neil sketches was Botland.  I just love that one for some reason.  It's one of the few I'd trade my "candy corn" sketch for.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2010, 10:16:03 PM »
Neil, your sketches are so fun and well done. My fave is the Bot Mobile.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2010, 01:16:42 AM »
My favorite one of those '09 Halloween Neil sketches was Botland.  I just love that one for some reason.  It's one of the few I'd trade my "candy corn" sketch for.

The rides in the background are really cool!

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2010, 04:46:39 AM »

Cool, I had the first 39 sketches saved on my computer. Is this the first time the other 13 have been posted?
I don't remember seeing them before. I have them ALL saved now. Thanks again, I just love mine.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2010, 05:23:15 AM »
Cool, I had the first 39 sketches saved on my computer. Is this the first time the other 13 have been posted?
I don't remember seeing them before. I have them ALL saved now. Thanks again, I just love mine.

I think this is the first time for all of the final 13.  I had saved the first 39, and then a couple of the final ones, but it's great to be able to save them all!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2010, 05:52:00 AM »
I think this is the first time for all of the final 13.  I had saved the first 39, and then a couple of the final ones, but it's great to be able to save them all!

I guess you're right! I had forgotten to post the last batch last year. Oops!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2010, 06:09:22 AM »
and 1 more!

Very cool!  I especially like the one with the Grime dog on it.  I know it can be overdone, but I really enjoy seeing new wackys pay homage to the original series ones. 

Thanks again, Neil, for the great sketch from last year!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2010, 12:59:27 PM »
I just noticed that the Bots Factory is located in Botswana.

I hope Bots aren’t made in a sweatshop! 

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2010, 01:13:36 PM »
man, you've got good eyesight!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2010, 08:23:33 PM »
yes I printed the ones you posted last year and the last full-9-scan wasn't posted.  The last one, with the final 7, was posted in some form last year with only the middle row showing.  I'm so glad you posted these again to include the "missing" sketches.  Thanks!!!

I guess you're right! I had forgotten to post the last batch last year. Oops!

Send me your borderless wackys!

anything