Author Topic: Wacky Halloween everybody!  (Read 13818 times)

Offline Playskull

Wacky Halloween everybody!
« on: October 28, 2010, 12:18:21 PM »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:29:47 PM by Playskull »

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
Re: Wacky Halloween everybody!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 12:37:34 PM »
A very nice Halloween/scary display there.  Thanks for sharing.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Brent Engstrom

• http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 01:06:51 PM »
That display is awesome! Halloween wackys are the best.

wackyone

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 04:04:27 PM »
That display is awesome! Halloween wackys are the best.

scary stuff  >:D
very cool!

Offline ronlisa

• Ron's Game Room
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 05:50:54 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice job!  Wackys fit into Halloween perfectly!!!!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 07:24:24 PM »

Way to go James, Very cool & appropriate pics, Happy Halloween right back at you.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 07:46:27 AM »
For those who like the horror-themed Wackys, here's one of Jay's unpublished roughs from the 70's. It's from Rusty's Lost Wackys site. I know others have posted that there is a ton of cool stuff there, but I haven't explored it much. There really is an impressive amount of unpublished OS roughs from Jay Lynch, Art Spiegelman and Bill Griffith. Cool stuff!

http://www.lostwackys.com/Wacky-Packages/LostWackys1974/Jay-Lynch/color-roughs/Graveoris.htm

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 02:07:24 PM »
Happy Halloween from Portsmouth,NH

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 03:06:16 PM »
Happy Halloween from Portsmouth,NH(Image removed from quote.)

Happy Halloweennnn!!!Get Wacked Out!! >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 06:33:26 PM »
TO EVERYONE HERE,

THANKS FOR MAKING THIS ONE OF THE MOST FUN HALLOWEEN SEASONS EVER!

HAVE A WACKY HALLOWEEN,
-NEIL

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 08:25:24 PM »
 I don't have any wackies in this display, but a 1965 Topps Monster Greeting Cards box is in the house :-) .... My 2010 Halloween display

Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 08:30:13 PM »
I don't have any wackies in this display, but a 1965 Topps Monster Greeting Cards box is in the house :-) .... My 2010 Halloween display

Awesome display!!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 08:47:19 PM »
Thanks Buddy!
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 09:01:09 PM »
Cool stuff.
Are the cats in your Spookshow Funnies inspired by this cat from your display?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 09:03:26 PM by Duznt »

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 10:09:27 PM »
Duznt,

Thanks for offering a set.  i've been  planning this Halloween giveaway.....an ANS7 Target "Coming Soon" excell marketing  sell sheet.  I had no idea that Neil's Halloween set would even cross paths with my offer...................I appreciate all the Wacky FRIENDS that have offered me a Halloween Postcard set.  Happy Halloween to Monsterettes, Dunzt, Bandahces, Rob Palmer...............

Oh, so anyway, happy halloween, i hope i can help a collector with the target 'coming soon' stuff.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 09:36:38 AM by Plastered Peanut »
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2010, 09:21:59 AM »
OK, so the first person to PM me gets an ANS7 Excell "Coming Soon" sell sheet.  Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 09:35:33 AM »
Congrats to Jean Nutty!   Thanks for playing everyone and have a great Halloween.

OK, so the first person to PM me gets an ANS7 Excell "Coming Soon" sell sheet.  Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 10:50:22 AM »

The costume in the box brings back some memories.  Those plastic masks with the elastic straps. 
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 12:25:58 PM »

That is stupendous!  Gets me right into the Halloween spirit   >:D :o

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 03:10:36 PM »
TO EVERYONE HERE,

THANKS FOR MAKING THIS ONE OF THE MOST FUN HALLOWEEN SEASONS EVER!

HAVE A WACKY HALLOWEEN,
-NEIL

Thanks Neil, and I think I can speak for most of us here that you've made our Halloween a little sweeter with the Halloween Postcards.  Thanks!!!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 03:56:31 PM »
yes, thanks to you, Neil!  I hope everyone
is having a great Halloween!   

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 07:37:37 PM »
In my town, trick or treating took place both Saturday and Sunday. You got to pick which night was best for your needs. I've spent the past two nights handing out Tootsie Rolls and 3 card packs of Wacky Packs ANS7 and FB 1 & 2. I put together sets of 3 stickers and rubber banded them with a Wacky Halloween message. My wife thought it was stupid and that kids wouldn't want stickers. Most kids seemed to dig it and I got to spread the gospel of Wacky. Several months ago someone on this forum suggested doing this for Halloween. I don't remember who suggested it, but thank you. I had fun putting together the sets and then giving them out. A couple of cool costumes, but not alot. Maybe some kid will get turned onto Wackys and create a cool costume in the future. Anyway, it was fun to spread the love!
Happy Halloween everyone!
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 08:08:05 PM »
In my town, trick or treating took place both Saturday and Sunday. You got to pick which night was best for your needs. I've spent the past two nights handing out Tootsie Rolls and 3 card packs of Wacky Packs ANS7 and FB 1 & 2. I put together sets of 3 stickers and rubber banded them with a Wacky Halloween message. My wife thought it was stupid and that kids wouldn't want stickers. Most kids seemed to dig it and I got to spread the gospel of Wacky. Several months ago someone on this forum suggested doing this for Halloween. I don't remember who suggested it, but thank you. I had fun putting together the sets and then giving them out. A couple of cool costumes, but not alot. Maybe some kid will get turned onto Wackys and create a cool costume in the future. Anyway, it was fun to spread the love!

If I was a kid, I would come back and hit your house a couple more times. Wacky Packages for Halloween would be terrific! When I was a kid, in Logansport, Indiana, some of the older folks got a bit touchy about kids coming back a second time (remember it was before "Fun Size" candy bars so people had a little more invested per Trick-or-Treater).  My best friend and I would wear costumers where, after the 1st round, we could swap out some items and go back to the houses with good treats looking differently. We would also use our Thing-Makers before Halloween and make up a bunch or bugs and hand them out where we got good stuff. One guy on our block simply gave out quarters. In 1967, this was great for an 8 year old. A small fortune.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2010, 08:38:16 PM »
I placed a pile of ANS7 packs in my basket of goodies and allowed the kids to pick.  Interestingly, it seemed the older kids were picking the wackys, some of whom didn't know what they were but said, "these look cool" so I would give my quick 2 second lesson on what they were.  It was a record setting day as I don't ever recall getting so many kids.  I wish I had more packs available to give away. 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 03:27:22 AM »
Neil's Halloween Sketch is one of my Favorites.

DrDeal

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2010, 06:21:10 AM »
I placed a pile of ANS7 packs in my basket of goodies and allowed the kids to pick.  Interestingly, it seemed the older kids were picking the wackys, some of whom didn't know what they were but said, "these look cool" so I would give my quick 2 second lesson on what they were.  It was a record setting day as I don't ever recall getting so many kids.  I wish I had more packs available to give away.  

Same here! They were gobbling up the wacky packs at my kid's school! Wish I had taken some pics - it was totally wacky!

Offline Brent Engstrom

• http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2010, 09:00:03 AM »
I handed out Wacky Packages w/ gum to Trick-or-treaters too. One kid said "Sweet, Wacky Packages!" I saw another group of kids open the packs in front of my house and they were cracking up.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2010, 09:32:23 AM »
And then they stuck them to the neighbor's car... :^)

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2010, 09:34:30 AM »
The kids didn't ask where the sketch cards were?  ;D

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 09:34:56 AM »
we didn't get a single trick or treater, oh well.  :-[

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 09:52:12 AM »
We got a couple dozen trick or treaters as usual. When I let the kids choose what they want, they most always chose Wacky packs. I reminded them to take some candy too. Only one kid put the Wacky pack back saying "I don't really like stickers"  :-\

Offline Playskull

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 11:24:32 AM »
...and just like that, Halloween is over.
 :-[

Sunstroke, I loved your Halloween display, by the way.  Those old boxed Halloween costumes really take me back!

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 12:13:53 PM »
We had lots of kids last night - mostly little kids (under 10).  Had a few teenagers too.  My 15 year old son helped to hand out candy that my wife had picked up (a jumbo bag with like 240 pieces - Woppers, Reese Peanut Butter Cups, Milk Duds, Kit Kats, Almond Joys and Hershey's Bars).  He and I definitely tried to give out those candies we don't like as well - best to have leftovers you like. Usually gave most of the kids two items each.

For boys: we had Star Wars characters, ninjas and fire fighters.  For girls: princesses, fairies, cats and cheerleaders.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 01:53:10 PM »
Neil's Halloween Sketch is one of my Favorites.

DrDeal

I know what you mean. The generosity of Neil and those Halloween sketches are all fantastic. I never plan to part with mine.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 03:42:13 PM »
I know what you mean. The generosity of Neil and those Halloween sketches are all fantastic. I never plan to part with mine.

Yep, 2009 was a great Halloween thanks to Neil!  The sketch I received will always be my favorite, and I won't be parting with it.