Author Topic: "Who is going to the Philly Show"  (Read 162396 times)

Online lucidjc

Re: "Who is going to the Philly Show"
« Reply #595 on: October 10, 2012, 06:54:29 PM »
Can't make it this year and was looking forward to seeing everyone again. 3 things fell exactly on the 20th. My uncle benefit for his family since he has been diagnosed with bad cancer. I will be playing some songs. Earlier in the day there is an outside gig that my band has to play for 45 minutes. Later that night a b day party for one of my neices. If someone can pick me up a goodie Wacky promo bag, I'll gladly pay them for it. LMK, thanks - Jeff

Come on Jeff, you know i'm your Philly connection. I'll make sure you get the product at the right price. If they have leftover comics from the Comic show i'll make sure you get one of those for only 10 bones more.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #596 on: October 13, 2012, 07:38:35 PM »
Come on Jeff, you know i'm your Philly connection. I'll make sure you get the product at the right price. If they have leftover comics from the Comic show i'll make sure you get one of those for only 10 bones more.

Awesome ! Thanks so much, it is really appreciated and hopefully I will make the spring show.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #597 on: October 17, 2012, 08:16:57 AM »

I was "on the fence" for a little while as to whether I was going, but it looks like I'll be there on Saturday, so I'll see you all there!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Kook

« Reply #598 on: October 17, 2012, 09:03:02 AM »
I was "on the fence" for a little while as to whether I was going, but it looks like I'll be there on Saturday, so I'll see you all there!
Glad to hear it!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #599 on: October 17, 2012, 09:07:00 AM »
Glad to hear it!
Me, too! The Philly show ain't the Philly show without the "Doc"!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #600 on: October 17, 2012, 05:05:51 PM »
Looks like I can go to the show Saturday!  If anyone is looking for ANS, Old School or postcard stuff, LMK and I'll bring it with me for trading/dealing.  I plan on bringing extra sketches, bio cards, bonus cards, assorted inserts, etc., but if there's something specific I should check for, LMK.

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #601 on: October 17, 2012, 05:55:41 PM »
Looks like I can go to the show Saturday!  If anyone is looking for ANS, Old School or postcard stuff, LMK and I'll bring it with me for trading/dealing.  I plan on bringing extra sketches, bio cards, bonus cards, assorted inserts, etc., but if there's something specific I should check for, LMK.

Yeah, bring it. I always bring trading stuff.

Online lucidjc

« Reply #602 on: October 17, 2012, 06:23:27 PM »

Glad to hear that Pat. I'll have a bunch of all that stuff also. I'll also bring some "Spook Show" sets. I have 20 Full sets(all insert cards) i have 5 or 6 sets with some insert cards and a few Base Sets only. I Also have some "Fright Flicks" FULL BOXES no black stripe. I'm bringing 100 ANS 8 base sets. Lets have a contest....how low will i have to go to sell all 100 sets??? If i can sell them at all. I'm going to try to unload an entire case of "Nintendo Game Packs" 12/24ct ......32 unopened Packs Of Series 2 Erasers. And a bunch more stuff. Anyone need any ANS 8 stuff? (i doubt it).....See everyone there!!!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #603 on: October 17, 2012, 07:53:52 PM »

I'm in need of ans singles from 1, 2, 4, and 7.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #604 on: October 17, 2012, 07:56:07 PM »
Yeah, bring it. I always bring trading stuff.

Yes indeed you do, You always like trading with Brother Shoe-LOL.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #605 on: October 17, 2012, 09:31:52 PM »
Yes indeed you do, You always like trading with Brother Shoe
Sounds like a Dr. Seuss line.....

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #606 on: October 18, 2012, 07:31:48 PM »
Sounds like a Dr. Seuss line.....

Yes That is what I had in mind, You know the Shoe, He's one of a kind-LOL.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #607 on: October 19, 2012, 07:30:05 AM »
I'm still looking for Melty Misfit promo cards from the spring show (need P1, P4 & P6).  If anyone has any from their entry packs from last time, I'd love to trade for them, so please bring them along!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #608 on: October 19, 2012, 10:15:23 AM »
I'm still looking for Melty Misfit promo cards from the spring show (need P1, P4 & P6).  If anyone has any from their entry packs from last time, I'd love to trade for them, so please bring them along!

I have 2 promo sets from the spring show but it only has P3's in it.  Did they mix in those other promo #'s too?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #609 on: October 19, 2012, 12:42:36 PM »
I have 2 promo sets from the spring show but it only has P3's in it.  Did they mix in those other promo #'s too?

The three I have came from forum members who got them in their spring show promo packs, so I kind of figured all 6 were distributed that way.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #610 on: October 19, 2012, 07:48:22 PM »
If anyone going to show has received their Halloween postcards, bring the bio cards if you need to trade!

Offline grabowski67

« Reply #611 on: October 19, 2012, 07:57:43 PM »
If anyone going to show has received their Halloween postcards, bring the bio cards if you need to trade!

I have duplicates of Slayday, Necko and Bit O Hairy for trade. I already own Mirky Way, M u M my's and Hunch. I am going to show Saturday

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #612 on: October 22, 2012, 09:50:41 AM »
Did anyone who went to the Philly show happen to pick up the promo card for the Marvel Bronze Age trading card set from Rittenhouse Enterprises?  I'd be happy to trade Wackys for it.  I'm looking forward to collecting this set.

Online lucidjc

« Reply #613 on: October 29, 2012, 03:33:10 PM »
I think i have a mystery on my hands. At the show they were selling Poster boxes and cereal sets. If you bought either or both you got a Funpak Bonus Sketch. As i said earlier, i asked Mike where they came from, he said they were from Crushed OLDS3 boxes and ripped postcard packs...unsellables. I watched many people open their Funpaks including Pat when she got her Parisi Clunk (nice sketch, post a pic) most were average...all on topic for the card except this...

Can anyone help with this?  Joe?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #614 on: October 29, 2012, 04:07:10 PM »
looks like a series 8 postcard sketch, but done on series 7 card stock. interesting.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #615 on: October 29, 2012, 04:40:54 PM »
I think i have a mystery on my hands. At the show they were selling Poster boxes and cereal sets. If you bought either or both you got a Funpak Bonus Sketch. As i said earlier, i asked Mike where they came from, he said they were from Crushed OLDS3 boxes and ripped postcard packs...unsellables. I watched many people open their Funpaks including Pat when she got her Parisi Clunk (nice sketch, post a pic) most were average...all on topic for the card except this...

Can anyone help with this?  Joe?

This title was originally slated for series 7 but eventually used in series 8.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #616 on: October 29, 2012, 05:45:16 PM »
so you're saying it got snubbed...  Uh oh...

Online lucidjc

« Reply #617 on: October 30, 2012, 04:37:06 PM »

Thanks Neil, Any idea how many of these are out there? Any from other artists? Did you do any like this?  Thanks Again.

Jim

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #618 on: October 31, 2012, 10:36:49 PM »

Thanks Neil, Any idea how many of these are out there? Any from other artists? Did you do any like this?  Thanks Again.

Jim

Hey Jim. I can't speak to this specifically, but I have turned in sketches in the past that would have ended up not fitting a series, and therefore would have not been used. Call them "lost sketches", I guess. I don't know what Topps did with them. It would be cool if they were to have survived to show up in something like this though.

Online lucidjc

« Reply #619 on: October 31, 2012, 10:40:01 PM »
Hey Jim. I can't speak to this specifically, but I have turned in sketches in the past that would have ended up not fitting a series, and therefore would have not been used. Call them "lost sketches", I guess. I don't know what Topps did with them. It would be cool if they were to have survived to show up in something like this though.

There was a stack of these (funpak) sketchs. I'm sure i didnt get to see all of them opened. Who knows what the others contained Fred. I would also wish lost sketches would show up somewhere down the line.

Jim
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 10:45:07 PM by lucidjc »

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #620 on: October 31, 2012, 10:46:23 PM »
There was a stack of these (funpak) sketchs. I'm sure i didnt get to see all of them opened. Who knows what the others comtained Fred. I would also wish lost sketches would show up somewhere down the line.

Jim

Wish I could have been at the show, but just too much going on. Hope to make it in the spring, maybe the fun paks will make a reappearance.