Author Topic: "Who is going to the Philly Show"  (Read 163157 times)

Offline GadzookaBoy

• Just Another Funko Observer
Re: "Who is going to the Philly Show"
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2010, 12:03:32 PM »
So .. will anyone actually be there on Sunday ??

The only day I can make it ..
How old is this gum ???
It's ALL about being WACKY !!!
WEB SITE http://justanotherfunkoobserver.com/
TOY/PERSONAL BLOG http:/jafosnews.blogspot.com/

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2010, 04:26:23 PM »
My intention is to still be going on Saturday in time for opening (10:00) and will likely hang until near closing time (4:00-5:00). I also intend to drive my '64 Impala there, but until I get final word from my mechanic (my brother), this is not absolute. I suspect it'll be worthy of the trip by then (it probably is now, actually).

I look forward to seeing you & the classic car on the 1st.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2010, 02:11:09 PM »
My intention is to still be going on Saturday in time for opening (10:00) and will likely hang until near closing time (4:00-5:00). I also intend to drive my '64 Impala there, but until I get final word from my mechanic (my brother), this is not absolute. I suspect it'll be worthy of the trip by then (it probably is now, actually).
My plans have changed.  I didn't realize the pinball show doesn't start until 4:00 PM on Friday and I need to be at a concert in Hoboken at 7:30 pm Friday night so that bags playing pinball on Friday.  I will do the non-sport show Saturday and then at some point when the trading gets stale, head over to the pinball show Satuday afternoon and play pins til it closes 9:00 Sat night.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2010, 07:14:25 PM »
I look forward to seeing you & the classic car on the 1st.
Same here, Shoe. If it hauls my ass out there, we'll soitenly take it for a spin together (if you'd like to)!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2010, 10:26:04 AM »
Change of plan for me. I will not be attending at all this time.

I had a heart attack about a month ago and have not been working (on disability) since. I thought I might be OK enough to attend until recently, but after a discussion with my wife, it was decided it best to not take the chance on being 90 miles from home, should something happen there (or during commute). Hope everyone has a great time...and maybe I'll still drag the Impala to the October show.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2010, 10:37:23 AM »

I had a heart attack about a month ago and have not been working (on disability) since. I thought I might be OK enough to attend until recently, but after a discussion with my wife, it was decided it best to not take the chance on being 90 miles from home, should something happen there (or during commute). Hope everyone has a great time...and maybe I'll still drag the Impala to the October show.
Oh bummer dude but totally understandable! Hope your health stays well!  This will give us something exciting to look forward to at the October show!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2010, 10:54:09 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear this, take care of yourself it's much more important! Your WACKY friend...Ron
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2010, 11:12:23 AM »

Tom, I'm really sorry to hear about this. It's upsetting and I fervently hope you make a speedy and full recovery.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2010, 11:19:13 AM »
Tom, I'm really sorry to hear you've been so ill.  Wackys are great, but needless to say one's health is even more important.  You take all good care, I'm pulling for you to be enjoying wackys well into your nineties -- if not beyond!  Elizabeth

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2010, 11:23:25 AM »

I was hoping to meet my fellow 'saucy' Wacky collector, but your health definitely comes first.  Take good care of yourself.

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2010, 01:16:32 PM »

Tom, as someone who had heart valve surgery five years ago, I totally understand how things like this can lay you up a bit.  Your wife has the right idea.  Take care, my friend.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2010, 10:00:16 PM »

Take care of yourself and we'll see you at the Oct. show !!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2010, 07:01:37 AM »

You had a heart attack and didn't mention it here?  Wow, you're a trooper!  Did you require surgery?  My mom had heart surgery a few months ago. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2010, 02:29:40 PM »
You had a heart attack and didn't mention it here?  Wow, you're a trooper!  Did you require surgery?  My mom had heart surgery a few months ago. 
Many thanks to all who expressed their concern for my health and to a recovery. It is greatly appreciated...and likely, as well.

I didn't mention it because, as you've all likely noticed, I don't bring my personal life into the board much, if at all. It was a relatively mild attack (obviously), but there was some damage, of course. I was at work, didn't feel well, my wife picked me up and took me to an Urgent Care place, then to the ER. I was in surgery and done within about 4 hours of the initial pain. I was told this helped minimize muscle damage.

They went in through my femoral artery and placed two stents in a main artery near my heart. As the doctor works, he is watching a screen that shows vessels, arteries, heart, etc. and it is being recorded. He played it back for me (when he was done) to show me what the stents did. I saw my heart beating and the artery in question leaving the heart and then basically disappearing due to the clot(s). The stents go in place and the artery immediately just "appears"/"lengthens" like a water hose filling. It was incredible to watch! I was in the hospital for less than 72 hours then home since. I've just begun cardiac rehab and the doc believes with a diet and exercise change (along with medications), I'll be fine. The rehab will help restrengthen my heart and losing some weight will help overall, of course.

Maybe someday, I'll need to change my avatar, 'cause I won't look like that so much anymore, LOL.

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2010, 05:09:47 PM »
Well since I know absolutely none of you and I'm fairly new to this hobby, I looking forward to meeting some of you there and making a new friend or two.  This will be my first show.  I have no idea what to expect or to bring....  money I guess would help?  :D

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2010, 05:50:32 PM »
Well since I know absolutely none of you and I'm fairly new to this hobby, I looking forward to meeting some of you there and making a new friend or two.  This will be my first show.  I have no idea what to expect or to bring....  money I guess would help?  :D
It's also my 1st show, I cannot wait...See you Saturday :o

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2010, 06:17:59 PM »
If you are going to the show and are interested in purchasing a postcard binder there, please let me know in a PM. I will let Topps know so that they can bring some extras for you.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2010, 06:29:55 PM »
What do have to bring for trading and what are your needs?  I used to load my car up with extras but too much of a pain in the ass so now I bring stuff by request only.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2010, 01:39:05 PM »
So, the question has never really been answered. Who is going to the Philly show? I'd like to make a list of all who is attending so that I can meet as many forum members as possible without just walking right on by. This is my first one, do folks wear name tags?

Here's who I know is attending so far, add to this list and keep it going if you are attending as well ! Or correct it if any info is wrong, thanks. SATURDAY's ATTENDENCE

Playbug - Jeff (me)
Ronzombie - Ron
Raw Goo - Pat
Monsterette's - Elizabeth
Band Ache - Ernie
Pupsi - Mark
Demented -
Dr. Popper - Rob
Paul Maul -
ratchet007 -
Slamjim - Dave
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 01:50:31 PM by Playbug »

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2010, 01:48:30 PM »
I'm expecting to go on Saturday early and leaving early afternoon.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2010, 01:52:46 PM »
I'm expecting to go on Saturday early and leaving early afternoon.

Great Dave, just added ya to the list and look forward to meeting you & maybe gettin' you to sign something ?? ;D

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2010, 02:07:38 PM »
So, the question has never really been answered. Who is going to the Philly show? I'd like to make a list of all who is attending so that I can meet as many forum members as possible without just walking right on by. This is my first one, do folks wear name tags?

Here's who I know is attending so far, add to this list and keep it going if you are attending as well ! Or correct it if any info is wrong, thanks. SATURDAY's ATTENDENCE

Playbug - Jeff (me)
Ronzombie - Ron
Raw Goo - Pat
Band Ache - Ernie
Pupsi - Mark
Demented -
Dr. Popper - Rob
Paul Maul -
ratchet007 -
Slamjim - Dave

Hey Jeff, add "Cheryl" (Hipton) to the list I know she will be there!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2010, 02:09:36 PM »
O.K. Ron, thanks

Playbug - Jeff (me)
Ronzombie - Ron
Raw Goo - Pat
Band Ache - Ernie
Pupsi - Mark
Demented -
Dr. Popper - Rob
Paul Maul -
ratchet007 -
Slamjim - Dave
Hipton - Cheryl

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2010, 02:21:33 PM »
you can also add me "Feetena - Steve".  I haven't met any of you before - this will be my first show.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2010, 02:26:06 PM »
Great Steve, it's my 1st too and looking forward to meeting ya.

BTW, anyone can add to this list by themselves. Just copy it before you post, and paste it in you post, then add the name. Or just reply using quote, delete the unwanted text, add the name, then post.

Here's the updated list:

Playbug - Jeff (me)
Ronzombie - Ron
Raw Goo - Pat
Band Ache - Ernie
Pupsi - Mark
Demented -
Dr. Popper - Rob
Paul Maul -
ratchet007 -
Slamjim - Dave
Hipton - Cheryl
Feetina - Steve

Offline bandaches

« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2010, 03:35:17 PM »

BTW, anyone can add to this list by themselves. Just copy it before you post, and paste it in you post, then add the name. Or just reply using quote, delete the unwanted text, add the name, then post.

Here's the updated list:

Playbug - Jeff (me)
Ronzombie - Ron
Raw Goo - Pat
Band Ache - Ernie
Pupsi - Mark
Demented -
Dr. Popper - Rob
Paul Maul -
ratchet007 -
Slamjim - Dave
Hipton - Cheryl
Feetina - Steve

Brian (Brute 88) will be there.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2010, 04:55:41 PM »

Here's the updated list:

Playbug - Jeff (me)
Ronzombie - Ron
Raw Goo - Pat
Band Ache - Ernie
Pupsi - Mark
Demented -
Dr. Popper - Rob
Paul Maul -
ratchet007 -
Slamjim - Dave
Hipton - Cheryl
Feetina - Steve

Just so you have all of the names I think Frank is Demented and Paul Maul is definitely Dave.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2010, 10:35:36 PM »
I will be there. I will have a blue Choperation shirt on for those that don't know what I look like. I look forward to meeting new people from here for sure. I will have a lot of stuff with me to sell and trade and show and tell items too.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2010, 03:14:37 AM »
I'm planning on wearing a green Demented Tomatoes shirt.  I'm bringing some extra postcard sets, and my extra Old School sketches.  I can bring my old Scoops set for show if anyone's interested.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2010, 09:11:05 AM »
I'm planning on wearing a green Demented Tomatoes shirt.  I'm bringing some extra postcard sets, and my extra Old School sketches.  I can bring my old Scoops set for show if anyone's interested.

It would be cool if you all can get together for a group photo or two.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2010, 06:29:14 PM »
O.K. Here's the updated list of who's going tomorrow !!

Playbug - Jeff (me)
Ronzombie - Ron
Raw Goo - Pat
Band Ache - Ernie
Pupsi - Mark
Demented - Frank
Dr. Popper - Rob
Paul Maul - Dave
ratchet007 -
Slamjim - Dave
Hipton - Cheryl
Feetina - Steve
Brute 88 - Brian

Gotta go and get ready, see ya's at the show !!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2010, 07:07:35 PM »
O.K. Here's the updated list of who's going tomorrow !!

Playbug - Jeff (me)
Ronzombie - Ron
Raw Goo - Pat
Band Ache - Ernie
Pupsi - Mark
Demented - Frank
Dr. Popper - Rob
Paul Maul - Dave
ratchet007 -
Slamjim - Dave
Hipton - Cheryl
Feetina - Steve
Brute 88 - Brian

Gotta go and get ready, see ya's at the show !!

Greg Grant, Matt Stock and John Frick will also be there.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2010, 06:11:53 AM »
Wish I could be there, looking forward to reading everyone's reports!

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2010, 08:32:58 AM »
Hello everyone! Well we're all pretty much (settled in) here so I was wondering who would be attending the "Philly-Show"??? I am in for sure!!! LMK who is w/me! All my WACKY best...RonZ 8)
Gee what a surprise, Turbo already has a Reese's promo listed for $18.00 + $3.00.This post is coming at you in GREEDY GREEN.
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Swiski

« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2010, 01:28:08 PM »
I wonder how he got more than one of these! I'm sure he's keeping one for his personal collection. This card is getting farther and farther from my reach. I only hope the Topps Online Store produces more of them and offers them as a freebie when ordering. If they do, I'm sure the back side will be different from the Philly version.

anything