Author Topic: "Who is going to the Philly Show"  (Read 163395 times)

Offline rdsjnk

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: "Who is going to the Philly Show"
« Reply #491 on: April 21, 2012, 06:36:21 PM »
here we go - looks like there *is* a promo!

NS3 - the "Snubbed" Clubbed

from one of the ebay auctions, it says it was given out at the topps booth, so hopefully loads of these to go around.

[expando]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/CLUBBED-CRACKERS-WACKY-PACKAGE-POSTCARD-2012-PHILLY-NON-SPORT-CARD-SHOW-BONUS-/00/s/NDc4WDY0MA==/$(KGrHqN,!lkE9LIsJ7lNBPk)BF81gg~~60_3.JPG[/expando]

[expando]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/CLUBBED-CRACKERS-WACKY-PACKAGE-POSTCARD-2012-PHILLY-NON-SPORT-CARD-SHOW-BONUS-/00/s/NDc4WDY0MA==/$(KGrHqR,!rcE88g9dqpTBPk)BHSiPQ~~60_3.JPG[/expando]

Mike J. was handing that one out and the admission kit came with a Dave Gross Philly Show promo!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:38:42 PM by Dr Popper »
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #492 on: April 21, 2012, 07:41:20 PM »
Mike J. was handing that one out and the admission kit came with a Dave Gross Philly Show promo!

Do post a pic when you can -- now I'm curious!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #493 on: April 21, 2012, 08:15:35 PM »
I hope you're right Patrick!  I can't make it to this show and if there a wacky promo, it would be great to have a shot at getting one. 

Same here.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #494 on: April 22, 2012, 07:36:39 AM »
The other promo has finally hit eBay. This one is another "snubbed" title - the ANS 8 Ironed Man BD

You can easily find it by searching for the ever helpful L@@K!!! keyword.  :^)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:22:49 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #495 on: April 22, 2012, 08:11:02 AM »
The other promo has finally hit eBay. This one is another "snubbed" title - the ANS 8 Ironed Man BD

You can easily find it by searching for the ever helpful L@@K!!! keyword.
Found it, thanks Patrick!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #496 on: April 22, 2012, 09:29:17 PM »
So other than a half dozen threads dedicated to chasing the promos, doesn't anyone have anything to report about the show itself, cool finds, who actually showed up, any cool trades and the normal stuff that is far more important than chasing down promo cards?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #497 on: April 23, 2012, 04:00:44 AM »
So other than a half dozen threads dedicated to chasing the promos, doesn't anyone have anything to report about the show itself, cool finds, who actually showed up, any cool trades and the normal stuff that is far more important than chasing down promo cards?

I was hoping to hear something about the new arcade games card set you mentioned.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #498 on: April 23, 2012, 06:05:35 AM »
I was hoping to hear something about the new arcade games card set you mentioned.

I saw those and they were pretty nice - even got some promos....i can post them later...got some really cool promos from DEAD WORLD too...anyone interested in buying any just PM me...

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #499 on: April 23, 2012, 09:06:23 AM »

I posted this in the "Philly Show" thread but I don't see it showing up in this section so I'll post it here as well..............
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I had a lot of fun at the show.  Just off the top of my head and I'm sure I'll forget someone, I spent time with the following.........

Bill Farinella
Mark Bauer
Mark Shoemaker
Mark Lavoie
Greg Grant
Matt Stock
Dave Schmidt
Shawn Peters
Dave Gross
George Wright
John Grisham
Clint Coleman
Marc Simon

Mike Jasperson and Dave Gross were behind the Topps booth a lot but Dave also came out for a little while to hang at the tables we were trading at.  Topps had a booth for Wackys and also a lot of Mars Attacks stuff.  Sounds like both ANS9 and Mars Attacks might both release in July within the same week.

George Wright was the only one smart enough to take a couple pictures of the Wacky gang trading at the tables so hopefully he'll post the pics here.  I also say I'm going to do it and always forget.

Between the booths and trading or buying from Wacky buddies I picked up @ 15 titles I needed for upgrades.  I also picked up 2 of the 3 Phoney Record stickers I need to complete my set, and I'm bummed because I can't find them now!  I paid $15 each for them.  The dealer didn't have anything I could put them in so I stuck them inside one of the supply catalogs that came with the admission bags, and I folded it up in one of the pages so it wouldn't fall out, but now I can't find the catalog!  I know it's a shot in the dark but if anyone picked up any catalogs on the tables we were collecting please check them.  I'm thinking that's probably where I left it.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #500 on: April 23, 2012, 10:30:04 AM »
Anyone have extra promos left they can sell me? Please PM if you can. Thx!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #501 on: April 23, 2012, 11:18:19 AM »

Got the David Gross Ironed Man Philly Show Promo card at the show. I put it with my Neil Camera Fantstink Philly Show Promo card. Are there any other Philly Non-Sports Show Wacky Packages Promo cards besides these two?

Please advise.

DrDeal

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #502 on: April 23, 2012, 01:17:15 PM »
Got the David Gross Ironed Man Philly Show Promo card at the show. I put it with my Neil Camera Fantstink Philly Show Promo card. Are there any other Philly Non-Sports Show Wacky Packages Promo cards besides these two?

Please advise.

DrDeal

I believe those are the only two numbered Wacky Philly promos that belong in that set, which doesn't include the other show promos such as the Clubbed just handed out.

Online koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #503 on: April 23, 2012, 02:33:20 PM »
Anyone have extra promos left they can sell me? Please PM if you can. Thx!

I'm also looking for one of the Gross promos. If you have another extra (after you help Swiski out!), please send me a PM

THANKS,
Neil

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #504 on: April 23, 2012, 05:13:25 PM »

Please advise.

DrDeal
Those are the only 2 Wacky Packages related cards however there is a Jay Lynch animated card in the series. I dont know why but I have been able to put together a complete set of these cards. Some are cool while others are bland. The Jay card looks cool.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #505 on: April 23, 2012, 06:37:34 PM »
I believe those are the only two numbered Wacky Philly promos that belong in that set, which doesn't include the other show promos such as the Clubbed just handed out.

Thanks very much for the info.

Andrew

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #506 on: April 24, 2012, 03:45:35 AM »
What is a "Jay Lynch animated card?"  This  is the first I've heard of such a thing.  Although they never tell me anything...  So who knows?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #507 on: April 24, 2012, 04:25:55 AM »
Those are the only 2 Wacky Packages related cards however there is a Jay Lynch animated card in the series. I dont know why but I have been able to put together a complete set of these cards. Some are cool while others are bland. The Jay card looks cool.

Could you post scans of the front and back?

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #508 on: April 24, 2012, 04:32:59 AM »
What is a "Jay Lynch animated card?"  This is the first I've heard of such a thing.  Although they never tell me anything...  So who knows?
You did a promo card with a character drawing of the Reighters. I said animated maybe in error. It was a promo card for the Oct 1999 show " Artwork by "Wacky" artist Jay Lynch" printed on the back. they used the same card to promote the Apr 2002 show also. Cards # 16 & 25. I even have a # 16 with Jay's autograph

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #509 on: April 24, 2012, 05:09:35 AM »
So that's it.  I don't think it's animated, though. Unless you clothespin it to your bicycle spokes or something.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #510 on: April 24, 2012, 09:12:10 AM »
So that's it.  I don't think it's animated, though. Unless you clothespin it to your bicycle spokes or something.

LOL, you'll look Wacky trying to look at it that way too. It's as bad as texting while driving.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline bandaches

« Reply #511 on: April 24, 2012, 04:59:47 PM »
So I am hearing there was some form of tantrum thrown by a wacky pack collector that resulted in some shouting.  Anyone have details on this?  I have some guesses as to possible candidates as only a couple have repeat patterns of acting this way at a show....
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #512 on: April 24, 2012, 06:24:19 PM »
So I am hearing there was some form of tantrum thrown by a wacky pack collector that resulted in some shouting.  Anyone have details on this?  I have some guesses as to possible candidates as only a couple have repeat patterns of acting this way at a show....

I happened to miss that because I was out getting things from my car.  I was hoping someone caught it on video but no luck.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #513 on: April 24, 2012, 06:42:34 PM »
I happened to miss that because I was out getting things from my car.  I was hoping someone caught it on video but no luck.
so then you have details since you know whatever happened, happened when you were at your car?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #514 on: April 24, 2012, 09:16:47 PM »

Tantrum between collectors? Now that is a shocker! I can imagine there could be more depending on what people's needs are.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #515 on: April 25, 2012, 05:35:41 AM »

What day..Nothing happened on Sat - at least not in the morning until noon - everyone seemed pretty calm..where did you hear this??

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #516 on: April 25, 2012, 07:08:04 AM »
so then you have details since you know whatever happened, happened when you were at your car?

I didn't get the whole story but I heard that Greg had words with John Williams at Topps.  Apparently they had some issue preceding the show about a link on Greg's website and his selling posters of the vintage boxes Greg created. 

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #517 on: April 25, 2012, 07:10:55 AM »

George Wright asked me to post these pics for him that he took at the show!............

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #518 on: April 25, 2012, 07:21:37 AM »
George Wright asked me to post these pics for him that he took at the show!............

In case anyone is curious, Dave (Paul Maul) Schmidt is sitting on the floor on the left, and Marc Simon is on the right (orange shirt).  Then starting at the left above Dave is Mark (Campy) Bauer, I am in the light blue shirt to the right of Mark, John Grisham is in the black Hawaiian Punks shirt, Matt Stock is back right with a faint black Kook Aid shirt, and Bill Farinella is in the white shirt behind Marc Simon.  I think Mark (Buzooka) Lavoie was on the floor but was a little behind George when he took the pic. 

This above pic is Marlin and Roxanne Toser behind their booth

The above pic is from left to right, Mike Jaspersen, Colin Walton, and John Williams.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #519 on: April 25, 2012, 08:14:21 AM »
I was always under the impression that Mike Jasperson was a suit and tie kind of guy. All business for Topps. He actually looks like my neighbor.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #520 on: April 25, 2012, 08:27:26 AM »
I was always under the impression that Mike Jasperson was a suit and tie kind of guy. All business for Topps. He actually looks like my neighbor.

Mike is one of the coolest, and nicest, people I've ever known! Fred Wheaton and I got to talk with him and Jeff Z. at the Fall '11 Show and had a great time. Same thing with Colin and John. Very down-to-earth guys!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #521 on: April 25, 2012, 09:35:59 AM »
Mike is one of the coolest, and nicest, people I've ever known! Fred Wheaton and I got to talk with him and Jeff Z. at the Fall '11 Show and had a great time. Same thing with Colin and John. Very down-to-earth guys!
I find Mike to be very cool and easy to get along with too!  He is definitely note a suit and tie kind of guy.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #522 on: April 25, 2012, 09:37:12 AM »
I didn't get the whole story but I heard that Greg had words with John Williams at Topps.  Apparently they had some issue preceding the show about a link on Greg's website and his selling posters of the vintage boxes Greg created. 
:great:

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #523 on: April 25, 2012, 09:42:08 AM »

I've spoken with him several times by phone. He seems like a great guy.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #524 on: April 25, 2012, 10:25:27 AM »
:great:

Of all the people I met that day, I did happen to meet John Williams - he was really nice and friendly to both my daughter and me...Can't see how greg would want to argue with him???