Author Topic: "Who is going to the Philly Show"  (Read 163418 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: "Who is going to the Philly Show"
« Reply #455 on: April 03, 2012, 05:27:54 PM »
guess who else will be there this year:   Topps
I'm sure they'll have a Mars Attacks! promo, as it seems they are really pushing that franchise. heck, there was even that April Fool's joke about the Mars Attacks! musical
anyone think they'll have a wacky promo card?

along the same lines - I noticed that NSU has started updating their page for the April show promos. Only 2 showing so far. Neither a wacky.
http://www.nonsportupdate.com/philly_promos.htm

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #456 on: April 11, 2012, 10:38:25 AM »
Can't make the show this time around. Got to work Saturday and Sunday have to be at a family function. Just bad timing.  :'(
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #457 on: April 11, 2012, 08:30:16 PM »
Can't make the show this time around. Got to work Saturday and Sunday have to be at a family function. Just bad timing.  :'(

Really thought you might have a shot at attending, I hope you can make plans for the fall show.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #458 on: April 12, 2012, 01:33:15 PM »

It is now looking like I won't make it either due to work and family considerations.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #459 on: April 12, 2012, 04:26:31 PM »
It is now looking like I won't make it either due to work and family considerations.
Dude that sucks great meeting you at the last show
Anything you want me to pick up for you..besides women:))
Gotta get some more free sketches using my kids
LoL!!!!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #460 on: April 13, 2012, 09:19:37 PM »

Really thought you might have a shot at attending, I hope you can make plans for the fall show.

From what I can see, (Unless more are added), Here appears to be the ones that can make it:

Band-Aches, BillF, Campy, Demented, Dr Popper, Exceedrin, Hustler 08, Paul Maul, Pupsi-Cola, and Quas.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:22:13 PM by Pupsi-Cola »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #461 on: April 14, 2012, 04:44:19 AM »
I'll be thinking of all of you Saturday!  I'd appreciate it if someone could get me the promo packs, will gladly pay for the extra admission and shipping.

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #462 on: April 14, 2012, 08:25:13 AM »

From what I can see, (Unless more are added), Here appears to be the ones that can make it:

Band-Aches, BillF, Campy, Demented, Dr Popper, Exceedrin, Hustler 08, Paul Maul, Pupsi-Cola, and Quas.

I am very optimistic that I will make it too Mark. Likely get there Friday evening and have to leave Saturday afternoon.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #463 on: April 14, 2012, 06:29:17 PM »
I am very optimistic that I will make it too Mark. Likely get there Friday evening and have to leave Saturday afternoon.

Look forward to seeing you on Sat. the 21st.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #464 on: April 16, 2012, 12:50:23 PM »
Dude that sucks great meeting you at the last show
Anything you want me to pick up for you..besides women:))
Gotta get some more free sketches using my kids
LoL!!!!

It does kinda suck. I was looking forward to getting together with you again. Also, Pupsi and George Wright. I'd say the only thing you could pick up for me would be any Wacky related promo they might be giving out at the door. That, and one of those free sketches, of course.  ;)
Hope to see everyone again in the fall.  :great:

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #465 on: April 16, 2012, 01:06:36 PM »
It does kinda suck. I was looking forward to getting together with you again. Also, Pupsi and George Wright. I'd say the only thing you could pick up for me would be any Wacky related promo they might be giving out at the door. That, and one of those free sketches, of course.  ;)
Hope to see everyone again in the fall.  :great:

Dude...you know I'll be Hustlin' for it!!! ;D ;D

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #466 on: April 16, 2012, 07:10:11 PM »

It is well below 50-50 on my making the show.  In fact, as of right now, I am not going to be able to make it, sorry.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #467 on: April 16, 2012, 07:12:19 PM »
It is well below 50-50 on my making the show.  In fact, as of right now, I am not going to be able to make it, sorry.

Too bad, for awhile there you never missed one.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #468 on: April 16, 2012, 08:23:37 PM »
It is well below 50-50 on my making the show.  In fact, as of right now, I am not going to be able to make it, sorry.

Sorry to hear this Ernie, Perhaps we can make a Yankee ball game this year.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #469 on: April 16, 2012, 08:53:37 PM »
Too bad, for awhile there you never missed one.
yeah, over a 14 year period, I missed only one show(when my father in law passed away) across Philly, Parsippany and Secaucus shows.  Now this will make 4 shows in a row I have missed.  Just different priorities in life these past few years.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #470 on: April 16, 2012, 08:54:08 PM »

Sorry to hear this Ernie, Perhaps we can make a Yankee ball game this year.
I didn't make it to any games last year, hope I can sneak in a game this year.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #471 on: April 17, 2012, 11:33:02 AM »
I'm still going to be able to attend the show this weekend. I have a table this time (I won't know where I'm located until Saturday AM!)

I might have some Wacky items to sell, but just a few things (maybe some wrappers & die cuts) As I recently explained to another forum member, I'm basically going to be there for some shameless self promotion, trading and fraternizing with any Wacky brethren (and sistren ~ sp?) that show up! I definitely want talk shop with Dave Gross while he's there!

In the way of trades, I'm looking to trade some high grade 16th Series titles. If anyone is interested in trading, I can post high resolution scans of my traders prior to the show.

Five more days....

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #472 on: April 17, 2012, 07:37:06 PM »
I'm still going to be able to attend the show this weekend. I have a table this time (I won't know where I'm located until Saturday AM!)

I might have some Wacky items to sell, but just a few things (maybe some wrappers & die cuts) As I recently explained to another forum member, I'm basically going to be there for some shameless self promotion, trading and fraternizing with any Wacky brethren (and sistren ~ sp?) that show up! I definitely want talk shop with Dave Gross while he's there!

In the way of trades, I'm looking to trade some high grade 16th Series titles. If anyone is interested in trading, I can post high resolution scans of my traders prior to the show.

Five more days....

Hey George...we will come visit again this show...maybe you can sign some wacky's etc..see ya there...

Tell Topps to bring a lot of binders all series....if you talk to them...hate paying shipping on those...tell them to discount them too...ANY ANS9 PROMOS OR POSTCARD PROMOS THAT YOU KNOW OF??? ANYONE??

WE NEED WACKY PROMOS!!! NEIL WHERE ARE YOU????? :o :o :o

Offline Soremel

« Reply #473 on: April 18, 2012, 07:41:31 AM »
Hey George...we will come visit again this show...maybe you can sign some wacky's etc..see ya there...

Tell Topps to bring a lot of binders all series....if you talk to them...hate paying shipping on those...tell them to discount them too...ANY ANS9 PROMOS OR POSTCARD PROMOS THAT YOU KNOW OF??? ANYONE??

WE NEED WACKY PROMOS!!! NEIL WHERE ARE YOU????? :o :o :o

Definitely stop by! I really enjoyed talking about Wacky Packages (old & new) at the last show. Also, feel free to bring anything you want signed (except cats, I do NOT sign cats)

I haven't heard any confirmation about any Wacky related promos, or what Topps will have for sale at their tables. They usually keep everything under wraps until the show.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #474 on: April 18, 2012, 01:12:31 PM »
Definitely stop by! I really enjoyed talking about Wacky Packages (old & new) at the last show. Also, feel free to bring anything you want signed (except cats, I do NOT sign cats)

I haven't heard any confirmation about any Wacky related promos, or what Topps will have for sale at their tables. They usually keep everything under wraps until the show.

Awesome..always a pleasure!!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #475 on: April 19, 2012, 02:32:22 PM »
Going the show both days. Looking forward to seeing George! All the Topps people will be there too. I believe there will be a Wacky promo as I worked on something with them in February. Don't know if it's still on or not.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #476 on: April 19, 2012, 05:57:25 PM »
Matt Stock is going to be there too.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #477 on: April 20, 2012, 05:51:39 PM »
Going the show both days. Looking forward to seeing George! All the Topps people will be there too. I believe there will be a Wacky promo as I worked on something with them in February. Don't know if it's still on or not.

wacky promo given out a the Topps desk or with admission??

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #478 on: April 20, 2012, 05:54:54 PM »

Tell them to bring some binders to sell - and some OLDS3 boxes....you know...need you sign some of my stuff.....see ya there....

Offline bandaches

« Reply #479 on: April 20, 2012, 07:21:31 PM »
Matt Stock is going to be there too.
  :wee_hee:

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #480 on: April 20, 2012, 07:53:55 PM »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #481 on: April 20, 2012, 08:18:26 PM »
  :wee_hee:

Hey, just ensuring attendance list completeness  :D

Offline bandaches

« Reply #482 on: April 20, 2012, 10:19:46 PM »
Hey, just ensuring attendance list completeness  :D
I hear ya!

• Administrator
« Reply #483 on: April 21, 2012, 04:14:54 AM »
wacky promo given out a the Topps desk or with admission??
I'm guessing st the booth. Which is good - as it should mean getting a hold of the promo for those not attending will be a lot easier.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 07:33:59 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #484 on: April 21, 2012, 06:48:07 AM »
I'm guessing st the booth. Which is good - as it should mean getting a hold of the promo for those not attending should be a lot easier.
I hope you're right Patrick!  I can't make it to this show and if there a wacky promo, it would be great to have a shot at getting one. 

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #485 on: April 21, 2012, 07:55:55 AM »
I'm guessing st the booth. Which is good - as it should mean getting a hold of the promo for those not attending will be a lot easier.
I'm kind of hoping you're right, but I've been to several of these shows and all promos came with the admission packet (unless I'm misremembering something). As I can't make it, either, I hope I'm wrong, too.

• Administrator
« Reply #486 on: April 21, 2012, 08:11:42 AM »
I'm kind of hoping you're right, but I've been to several of these shows and all promos came with the admission packet (unless I'm misremembering something). As I can't make it, either, I hope I'm wrong, too.
wasn't the croca-cola postcard promo given out at the topps booth in '09?
I don't recall topps having a booth at any type of show for a few years now? but it looks like they are back to self-promoting again - being at philly and SDCC this year. seems like they'd want to give out their promos at their own booth, but guess we'll find out.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #487 on: April 21, 2012, 09:40:56 AM »
The times I've been to the show Topps didn't give out promos at their booth, but other exhibitors did.  We shall see!

• Administrator
« Reply #488 on: April 21, 2012, 01:14:33 PM »
here we go - looks like there *is* a promo!

NS3 - the "Snubbed" Clubbed

from one of the ebay auctions, it says it was given out at the topps booth, so hopefully loads of these to go around.

[expando]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/CLUBBED-CRACKERS-WACKY-PACKAGE-POSTCARD-2012-PHILLY-NON-SPORT-CARD-SHOW-BONUS-/00/s/NDc4WDY0MA==/$(KGrHqN,!lkE9LIsJ7lNBPk)BF81gg~~60_3.JPG[/expando]

[expando]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/CLUBBED-CRACKERS-WACKY-PACKAGE-POSTCARD-2012-PHILLY-NON-SPORT-CARD-SHOW-BONUS-/00/s/NDc4WDY0MA==/$(KGrHqR,!rcE88g9dqpTBPk)BHSiPQ~~60_3.JPG[/expando]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 01:24:59 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #489 on: April 21, 2012, 03:14:40 PM »
here we go - looks like there *is* a promo!

NS3 - the "Snubbed" Clubbed

from one of the ebay auctions, it says it was given out at the topps booth, so hopefully loads of these to go around.

[expando]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/CLUBBED-CRACKERS-WACKY-PACKAGE-POSTCARD-2012-PHILLY-NON-SPORT-CARD-SHOW-BONUS-/00/s/NDc4WDY0MA==/$(KGrHqN,!lkE9LIsJ7lNBPk)BF81gg~~60_3.JPG[/expando]

[expando]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/CLUBBED-CRACKERS-WACKY-PACKAGE-POSTCARD-2012-PHILLY-NON-SPORT-CARD-SHOW-BONUS-/00/s/NDc4WDY0MA==/$(KGrHqR,!rcE88g9dqpTBPk)BHSiPQ~~60_3.JPG[/expando]

I have a couple for WACKY PROMOS FOR SALE anyone intersted just PM me...first come first serve!!!

anything