Author Topic: "Who is going to the Philly Show"  (Read 163298 times)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: "Who is going to the Philly Show"
« Reply #420 on: November 04, 2011, 03:02:18 AM »
Hi! Apologies in advance if this looks like spamming, which I don't intend to do, but I was also at the recent Philly Show and interviewed both Fred Wheaton and George Wright for my non-sport trading card podcast UK CardCast, which I hope to have online soon!  If anyone is interested, I could post a link when it's available.
Fred has already appeared on my other, artist focussed, podcast, Behind The Canvas, and I hope to get George on that too!
I'm relatively new to the Wacky world, but I did get a box of Old School at the show and got a Mark Parisi sketch card - which was nice!

It was great meetign Fred, George and Jeff at the show, and I know I chatted to a few Wacky Fans when I was at Fred and Georges table, so it was nice meeting you as well!
Au Res.,
Paul (aka UK CardCast)

I'd certainly be interested in the link when it's ready - thanks!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #421 on: November 12, 2011, 04:49:50 PM »
The highlight for me (easily of the whole year) is a moment when I was having a wacky conversation with Fred, Jeff and George and none other then the great Jay Lynch called up Jeff on his cell phone with a wacky halloween postcard sketch question (something about where do you sign your signature on the return cards or something). Jeff put him on speaker phone!

reading this part of your post reminded me of something I read over on Greg's forum regarding Jay Lynch and the show -

Quote from: Greg Grant
I was planning and excited to go to this show, last time with Jay there it was among the most fun shows of all time, I even stayed till the end and came back Sunday.   So I had arranged for Jay Lynch to come down again, on my dime, but Roxanne said she wouldn't allow him there twice in a row because he's so popular that he takes business away from the other artists. So that's it for me, I'm not going to the show, and I wouldn't blame anybody else for not going either. As wacky pack collectors, it's hard to get interested in the show that has been intentionally dumbed down of wacky pack artists. I may never go to the show again, will have to see how things play out next time, but this one is a wash for sure.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #422 on: November 12, 2011, 04:56:19 PM »
reading this part of your post reminded me of something I read over on Greg's forum regarding Jay Lynch and the show -

I don't know this Greg Grant guy...only what I have read about him since this forum started up. It sounds like since he did not get his way, he has to crap all over the other Wacky artists and insult them. Mr. Grant sounds like a real douche!
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #423 on: November 12, 2011, 05:08:10 PM »
I don't know this Greg Grant guy...only what I have read about him since this forum started up. It sounds like since he did not get his way, he has to crap all over the other Wacky artists and insult them. Mr. Grant sounds like a real douche!
From what people who attended the show reported, wacky artists were well represented and people had a great time with them.  I think you nailed it.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #424 on: November 13, 2011, 02:27:28 AM »
I'd certainly be interested in the link when it's ready - thanks!

Not to steal Paul's thunder, but his Philly Show podcast is up. Episode 40 -  "An Englishman Near New York", can be heard on his web site: http://www.cardcast.co.uk/

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #425 on: November 13, 2011, 02:31:58 AM »
I didn't speak to the Tosers specifically about the Jay Lynch case, but Harris told me that they are now trying to vary the artists from show to show. They only have 7 or 8 slots for artists and a lot of candidates. For example, none of the guests from the 2011 fall show are slated to repeat in spring 2012.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #426 on: November 13, 2011, 06:49:53 AM »
I didn't speak to the Tosers specifically about the Jay Lynch case, but Harris told me that they are now trying to vary the artists from show to show. They only have 7 or 8 slots for artists and a lot of candidates. For example, none of the guests from the 2011 fall show are slated to repeat in spring 2012.

That seems like a practical approach and hardly worth a fan throwing a hissy fit on behalf of one of the artists especially if that fan may not necessarily be representing the view of the artist like greg did on Jay's behalf.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline UK CardCast

« Reply #427 on: November 13, 2011, 12:06:40 PM »
As Fred said, the Tosers try to mix up the artists they have at the Philly show and have, for some years, tried not to have the same people two shows running - I know this has upset a few people in the past, artists who have appeared before are not permanently excluded!

And as Fred also said, my podcast, UK CardCast Episode 40, is now online!  IT can be streamed from the website or you can listen or subscribe on iTunes http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=267313925!
Au Res.,
Paul

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #428 on: November 13, 2011, 12:35:57 PM »
They invited me to be a guest for the spring show.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #429 on: November 13, 2011, 01:47:08 PM »

What a treat that will be!  Cant wait to see you there Dave.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #430 on: November 13, 2011, 04:30:32 PM »
I hope I can make it!  I have missed two shows in a row!  I had gone to like every non sport show(Secaucus, Parsippany, Philly) minus one when my father in law passed away over a 10 year period.  I think I made like 29 of 30 shows or something like that and now I can rarely find time to make the shows.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #431 on: November 13, 2011, 05:07:07 PM »
Hi! Apologies in advance if this looks like spamming, which I don't intend to do, but I was also at the recent Philly Show and interviewed both Fred Wheaton and George Wright for my non-sport trading card podcast UK CardCast, which I hope to have online soon!  If anyone is interested, I could post a link when it's available.
Fred has already appeared on my other, artist focussed, podcast, Behind The Canvas, and I hope to get George on that too!
I'm relatively new to the Wacky world, but I did get a box of Old School at the show and got a Mark Parisi sketch card - which was nice!

It was great meeting Fred, George and Jeff at the show, and I know I chatted to a few Wacky Fans when I was at Fred and Georges table, so it was nice meeting you as well!
Au Res.,
Paul (aka UK CardCast)

The Spammer from the UK has been identified. Mug Shot below.

Who I do have to say was a real nice guy that i had the pleasure to meet. He even signed my card for me, sadly this is not his Rookie signature. That belongs to Fred Wheaton. I know i witnessed the signing.

Hope to see you in the spring Paul!

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #432 on: January 19, 2012, 01:07:40 PM »
Is it to early to bring this up?  I was looking through my links and this popped up.

http://www.reightershows.com/index.htm

Dave, I'm excited to see you on the list.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #433 on: January 19, 2012, 02:53:28 PM »
Is it to early to bring this up?  I was looking through my links and this popped up.

I guess the vote for getting this show switched to Friday/Saturday failed. If my warehouse sale is not that weekend, there is a slight chance I will make my first show in awhile.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #434 on: January 20, 2012, 10:40:54 AM »
I guess the vote for getting this show switched to Friday/Saturday failed. If my warehouse sale is not that weekend, there is a slight chance I will make my first show in awhile.
A change back to Fri/Sat would be great for me.  I don't think i have made a show yet since they switched venues and also went to Sat/Sun.  It is just way too hard for me to get there on a Saturday.  Maybe I will get a break in my schedule this year and I can finally get back to a show.
Still looking for Series 17

Offline bandaches

« Reply #435 on: February 13, 2012, 09:13:29 PM »

Roxanne wanted to make sure people knew the following details about the upcoming Show in Allentown:

Twin Galaxies will be set-up at the April 21 & 22 show in Allentown at the Merchants Square Mall. Anyone interested in arcade games will be happy to see some of the celebrities who will be at the show, like Billy Mitchell who scored a perfect Pac Man game. Twin Galaxies will be unveiling their brand new 150-card set all about arcade game celebrities and the history of the games. David Gross will be at the April show too.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #436 on: March 28, 2012, 07:56:51 PM »

IMO You are always welcome at a show, I'd like you to do the Pizza Hat pic. for me again.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #437 on: March 28, 2012, 08:03:14 PM »

You need to be at the next show, It's been too too long since your last attendance, Hope you can make it.

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #438 on: March 28, 2012, 08:12:11 PM »
Roxanne wanted to make sure people knew the following details about the upcoming Show in Allentown:

Twin Galaxies will be set-up at the April 21 & 22 show in Allentown at the Merchants Square Mall. Anyone interested in arcade games will be happy to see some of the celebrities who will be at the show, like Billy Mitchell who scored a perfect Pac Man game. Twin Galaxies will be unveiling their brand new 150-card set all about arcade game celebrities and the history of the games. David Gross will be at the April show too.
Wow! that is awesome.....I set the Astroids record in 1981 (36hrs...don't even recall the score...still have the article (well from the first try when a storm blew out the power....LOL)
Billy must have some kind of reflexes....255 levels I think

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #439 on: March 29, 2012, 09:19:37 AM »
Is there any news on this show regarding any Wacky promos that may be available? That could make the idfference how hard I try to make this one. I would think Roxane would do well to publicize this.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #440 on: March 29, 2012, 11:34:52 AM »
Is there any news on this show regarding any Wacky promos that may be available? That could make the idfference how hard I try to make this one. I would think Roxane would do well to publicize this.

I heard all PROMOS were cancelled for this show.... :P

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #441 on: March 29, 2012, 05:06:58 PM »
Wow! that is awesome.....I set the Astroids record in 1981 (36hrs...don't even recall the score...still have the article (well from the first try when a storm blew out the power....LOL)
Billy must have some kind of reflexes....255 levels I think

Hey, I was one of those guys that mastered Asteroids too. Me and my buddy Joe mastered it around the same time. I would start to play on one quarter, then start lining up the extra life ships across the top of the machine. This was in an arcade at our local mall. When Joe finally came in, I used to ask him to take over for me while I ran to the bathroom to take a whiz (and visa-versa). Sounds like we really got over right? No so. It took many quarter to get to that skill level.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #442 on: March 29, 2012, 08:26:10 PM »

Wow. I'd love to see this card set! Could you post more information on it as you get it?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #443 on: March 30, 2012, 09:19:04 AM »
Wow. I'd love to see this card set! Could you post more information on it as you get it?
I don't know anything more than what I posted and what is on the show website.  If I get more info, I will certainly pass it along.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #444 on: March 30, 2012, 01:16:19 PM »
Hey, I was one of those guys that mastered Asteroids too. Me and my buddy Joe mastered it around the same time. I would start to play on one quarter, then start lining up the extra life ships across the top of the machine. This was in an arcade at our local mall. When Joe finally came in, I used to ask him to take over for me while I ran to the bathroom to take a whiz (and visa-versa). Sounds like we really got over right? No so. It took many quarter to get to that skill level.

Did you wash your hands before returning to the game?  :o

Offline bandaches

« Reply #445 on: March 30, 2012, 05:37:24 PM »

You need to be at the next show, It's been too too long since your last attendance, Hope you can make it.
I will do my best to come for at least a couple of hours but it will be a last minute decision.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #446 on: March 31, 2012, 08:26:50 PM »

We are 3 weeks out today from the spring Philly show, Thought we better get a roster list of who plans on attending, I'll be there on the 21st.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #447 on: April 01, 2012, 03:00:10 AM »

We are 3 weeks out today from the spring Philly show, Thought we better get a roster list of who plans on attending, I'll be there on the 21st.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to make it this time after all. 

Offline Final Step

« Reply #448 on: April 01, 2012, 04:36:31 AM »
I will do my best to come for at least a couple of hours but it will be a last minute decision.

Demented Tomatoes & final step (wife) plan to be there as long as nothing unexpected comes up. See you there Ernie!

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #449 on: April 01, 2012, 01:46:51 PM »
I'm afraid I'm not going to make it either, alas. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #450 on: April 01, 2012, 09:20:19 PM »
I was thinking I could make it but I have to travel on biz. I will try and make one soon, not just to look for deals but meet everyone.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #451 on: April 02, 2012, 04:10:51 PM »
I can't make this one, I'm afraid. Too many other things happening right now...

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #452 on: April 02, 2012, 04:34:41 PM »

I'm planning on being there, but sounds like it will be a small crowd for this show.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Kook

« Reply #453 on: April 02, 2012, 05:51:43 PM »
I'm planning on being there, but sounds like it will be a small crowd for this show.
I'm planning on being there too. Hopefully nothing will pop up.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #454 on: April 02, 2012, 05:54:45 PM »
I'll be there. I believe Greg is planning on attending. Going to check with Matt Stock also.

anything