Author Topic: "Who is going to the Philly Show"  (Read 163527 times)

Offline Paul_Maul

Re: "Who is going to the Philly Show"
« Reply #280 on: May 15, 2011, 03:14:30 PM »
Nice score on that Grime Heavy.  I love it when they don't now what they have.  Funny you should mention the '85 series.  I was going to have Shoe look for a full box for me (even if it had the ugly black line across the top of the box because I have an empty box without the line).  But, we just got a medical bill that was much higher than we had anticipated.  The timing was just bad.  Maybe I'll get that full box of 85's some day.

If it makes you feel better, the guy mostly had full boxes of packs without the box. Greg did get one 1st re-ish full box that included the box, but for the 1985, all I saw was 36 packs (in perfect condition) for $75, but no box.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #281 on: May 15, 2011, 09:10:28 PM »
If it makes you feel better, the guy mostly had full boxes of packs without the box. Greg did get one 1st re-ish full box that included the box, but for the 1985, all I saw was 36 packs (in perfect condition) for $75, but no box.
I guess greg decided to momentarily get back into wackys again?  Since he swore off all new wackys and since he has all of the originals, I guess there is full realization that this is purely a business for him.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #282 on: May 15, 2011, 09:18:40 PM »
Unfortunately, no wacky items this time. Topps wasn't there either.

Bummer, I wonder if they had something planned? There might actually be a new promo card floating around out there that did not get used because they couldn't make the show. I wonder if that is the case? Anybody know the answer? Enquiry minds need to know.  :D
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #283 on: May 16, 2011, 07:37:19 AM »
I guess greg decided to momentarily get back into wackys again?  Since he swore off all new wackys and since he has all of the originals, I guess there is full realization that this is purely a business for him.

I'm not getting sucked into a Greg discussion. However, as I come closer to not needing very many more unopened packs, I have taken to trying to keep some extras in stock in case people become interested in buying them. That's exactly what I just did at the show. I don't really care about making a profit, but I like packs so much it's a fun way to remain active. So I'm allowing for the possibility that someone could function from a business end once their collecting goals are all met and still be doing it out of a love for wackys.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #284 on: May 16, 2011, 12:12:07 PM »

Dude, Did you buys those '85's for $75?? Greg showed them to me and I wasn't interested though they were nice??

I did see the purple packs and yellow packs at one table, didn't know if the prices were good though..didn't see you there? sorry I missed you..definitley into purchasing packs for my collection..just want originals no tampering..kinda of gun shy after reading your posts...did yo find GOOD packs there??

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #285 on: May 16, 2011, 02:28:05 PM »
Dude, Did you buys those '85's for $75?? Greg showed them to me and I wasn't interested though they were nice??

I did see the purple packs and yellow packs at one table, didn't know if the prices were good though..didn't see you there? sorry I missed you..definitley into purchasing packs for my collection..just want originals no tampering..kinda of gun shy after reading your posts...did yo find GOOD packs there??

All the packs from the guy with the purple and yellow packs (10ths and 14th funpacks -- he also has 9ths) are totally legit. He's had them for years. They're pretty reasonably priced at around $20 apiece.

If you're interested in some packs, PM me and we can discuss it. After this show I have several different series available. They are all in nice shape and legit. That goes for anyone else who is interested.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #286 on: May 16, 2011, 06:59:54 PM »
I'm not getting sucked into a Greg discussion. However, as I come closer to not needing very many more unopened packs, I have taken to trying to keep some extras in stock in case people become interested in buying them. That's exactly what I just did at the show. I don't really care about making a profit, but I like packs so much it's a fun way to remain active. So I'm allowing for the possibility that someone could function from a business end once their collecting goals are all met and still be doing it out of a love for wackys.
There is no doubt you genuinely love unopened packs, I doubt there is anyone who would question that.  You are clearly the hobby expert in that area hands down.  If you wanted to clear out all of my unopened packs for a fair price, I am game.  I am cleaning out surplus wackys anyway.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #287 on: May 17, 2011, 09:46:48 AM »
There is no doubt you genuinely love unopened packs, I doubt there is anyone who would question that.  You are clearly the hobby expert in that area hands down.  If you wanted to clear out all of my unopened packs for a fair price, I am game.  I am cleaning out surplus wackys anyway.

Thanks, I might be interested in doing a deal like that. I'll get in touch once my spring semester is over and I have some time to think.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #288 on: May 20, 2011, 09:46:23 AM »
Well unfortunately I couldn't make it out to the Philly show this time, and of high interest to me is the 3 card outer space men promo card sets (the outerspace men are the colorform aliens which some of you probably know I am more fanatical about them than Wackys). I assume these sets were given away in the grab bags? I purchased a set on Ebay for $4.50 but I'd like to grab a bunch of sets. If anyone here has a set that they would like to sell for $6 postage paid I am definitely looking to buy more sets.

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #289 on: May 29, 2011, 03:44:22 PM »

Those who could not make it:

Band-Aches, Bigtomi, Brute 88, Dr. Popper, Hipton, ETC.

Hey Shoe,

Been working alot and didnt get your message until after the show started.  Thanks for offering to look for things for me.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #290 on: September 29, 2011, 04:49:30 AM »
I'm going to try to attend the October show in a few weeks, but it always seems that the fall date interferes with family stuff.  Anyone else? 

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #291 on: September 29, 2011, 06:27:17 AM »
I'll be there on Saturday barring anything unforeseen.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #292 on: September 29, 2011, 07:45:33 AM »

Me too, I'm going on Saturday for sure. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Kook

« Reply #293 on: September 29, 2011, 08:07:30 AM »

Same here.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #294 on: September 29, 2011, 08:39:30 AM »
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Did y'all see that two Wacky guest artists have been added?

http://www.nonsportupdate.com/philly_guests.htm

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #295 on: September 29, 2011, 08:55:45 AM »
George is gonna be there? Way cool!

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #296 on: September 29, 2011, 10:59:05 AM »
I'm going on Sat but maybe Sun will be better for leftovers. The wife is coming with me just to get the admission pack then shes going shopping. I sure hope i get to meet some of you at the show. I'll be the one loitering around the table looking for scraps. I'll prolly be asked to leave, maybe even escourted out.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #297 on: September 29, 2011, 11:42:18 AM »
I'm going on Sat but maybe Sun will be better for leftovers. The wife is coming with me just to get the admission pack then shes going shopping. I sure hope i get to meet some of you at the show. I'll be the one loitering around the table looking for scraps. I'll prolly be asked to leave, maybe even escourted out.

Hey Jim, I'll be there on Sat. Not sure if Mrs Shoe will be accompanying me or not yet, But I look forward to getting together with you and the whole Wacky clan.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #298 on: September 29, 2011, 12:41:37 PM »

Hey Jim, I'll be there on Sat. Not sure if Mrs Shoe will be accompanying me or not yet, But I look forward to getting together with you and the whole Wacky clan.

Mark, I now plan on attending also. Hope to see you on Sat.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #299 on: September 29, 2011, 02:18:36 PM »
I'm envious of all the Philly goers.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #300 on: September 29, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »
I'm envious of all the Philly goers.
Me too, this sounds like a great show.  I am only 75 minutes away from this show but just can't change my plans  :'(

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #301 on: September 29, 2011, 05:08:23 PM »
Mark, I now plan on attending also. Hope to see you on Sat.

Likewise I can't wait til the 22nd arrives.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #302 on: September 29, 2011, 05:40:18 PM »

Oh this is getting better and better, I can't wait Mark. I wish I had a BIG FOAMY FINGER with "Wacky Packages" on it, just to show eveyone what a big fan I am! I have not been to an Allentown show in over 20 years. I dont even know if it was a Non-Sport show back then. As I remember it was at the fairgrounds, is it still?

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #303 on: September 29, 2011, 09:59:59 PM »
Not ever going again unfortunately. The roads were soooo F'd up that I will never go there again. Only possible way would be a whole different route or by helicopter.  :'(

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #304 on: September 30, 2011, 03:18:49 AM »
Not ever going again unfortunately. The roads were soooo F'd up that I will never go there again. Only possible way would be a whole different route or by helicopter.  :'(

I'm intimidated by the drive myself.  Getting off Long Island is an absolute nightmare (not to mention quite expensive!)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #305 on: September 30, 2011, 06:08:51 AM »
I'm intimidated by the drive myself.  Getting off Long Island is an absolute nightmare (not to mention quite expensive!)

The opposite for me..I just got up that morning and decided to go and it was a piece of cake...took my daughter and we met "the man" - Jay Lynch..i think Shoe was there.. :] :]

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #306 on: October 01, 2011, 10:02:32 AM »
The opposite for me..I just got up that morning and decided to go and it was a piece of cake...took my daughter and we met "the man" - Jay Lynch..i think Shoe was there.. :] :]

That's cool that you met Jay. I did get to meet Dave Gross when I went and a lot of our forum members. When I was there it was fun, but I spent way too much time not having fun on the road. Kinda like the lingering hangover you get when your older compared to none when you're younger. If I were to go, I would not go through the Philly part of PA, I would go Prkwy North then cut over west.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #307 on: October 01, 2011, 10:11:20 AM »
That's cool that you met Jay. I did get to meet Dave Gross when I went and a lot of our forum members. When I was there it was fun, but I spent way too much time not having fun on the road. Kinda like the lingering hangover you get when your older compared to none when you're younger. If I were to go, I would not go through the Philly part of PA, I would go Prkwy North then cut over west.
I wish you would reconsider.  While I can;t make it this year, you are cool to hang out with so I think we just have to get you a good set of directions.  The show is barely two turns off route 22 or 78(I forgot which).

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #308 on: October 01, 2011, 04:33:06 PM »
I wish I had a BIG FOAMY FINGER with "Wacky Packages" on it

Jay's foamy finger was different than most at the show

[expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/JaysFoamyFinal.png[/expando]

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #309 on: October 01, 2011, 05:13:49 PM »
Jay's foamy finger was different than most at the show

[expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/JaysFoamyFinal.png[/expando]

How did i know you were going to bend the truth???   LOL

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #310 on: October 02, 2011, 10:16:40 AM »
Ditto for me.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #311 on: October 02, 2011, 07:26:22 PM »
I wish you would reconsider.  While I can;t make it this year, you are cool to hang out with so I think we just have to get you a good set of directions.  The show is barely two turns off route 22 or 78(I forgot which).

Definately a good time hangin out with you as well, I will consider recalibrating and exploring new options for a new route. Really liked the pinball place too!  :great:  BTW, Howz the doggie?

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #312 on: October 02, 2011, 11:03:16 PM »
Me too, this sounds like a great show.  I am only 75 minutes away from this show but just can't change my plans  :'(

Damn!  George and Fred??!!  I might have to reconsider my plans... 
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #313 on: October 03, 2011, 12:11:03 PM »
Definately a good time hangin out with you as well, I will consider recalibrating and exploring new options for a new route. Really liked the pinball place too!  :great:  BTW, Howz the doggie?

if you really want to go Jeff I wouldn't let one bad travel day kill your enthusiasm.  I'm sure local can help you with the best routes to take to avoid traffic.  Where is it you are coming from?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #314 on: October 03, 2011, 03:15:43 PM »
Doggies are doing well.  That same doggie that caused me to leave the pinball show early almost had a heat stroke at "bark in the park" when we brough them to a Mets game a few weeks ago.  Had to leave the game early.  Definitely learning to do a better job of keeping her cool!