Author Topic: "Who is going to the Philly Show"  (Read 163559 times)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: "Who is going to the Philly Show"
« Reply #245 on: April 18, 2011, 07:02:28 PM »
RonZombie will be there. Send him my love. By the way, he just quit the BBQ forum forever...again.
I thought someone mentioned his health was so bad, he can't travel.  Why did he quit greg's ghostland this time?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #246 on: April 18, 2011, 07:38:28 PM »
I thought someone mentioned his health was so bad, he can't travel.  Why did he quit greg's ghostland this time?

Guess the burgers and dogs got burnt. Ran out of gas or charcoal. I don't know, I never even poked my head in there, but I hope Ron is doing O.K.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #247 on: April 18, 2011, 08:34:09 PM »
Someone asked him if he can stop using quotes and parenthesis. He said he could but won't. Then he gave his farewell speech. He has an ailment thread he's always updating but I can't keep up with all the conditions he's supposed to have. Last I read half his stomach was dead and he has to be fed pre-chewed food by a sparrow or something.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #248 on: April 19, 2011, 09:20:48 AM »
Last I read half his stomach was dead and he has to be fed pre-chewed food by a sparrow or something.

LOL

and I really mean it!  You had me laughing out loud with that one!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #249 on: April 19, 2011, 10:06:58 AM »
Someone asked him if he can stop using quotes and parenthesis. He said he could but won't. Then he gave his farewell speech. He has an ailment thread he's always updating but I can't keep up with all the conditions he's supposed to have. Last I read half his stomach was dead and he has to be fed pre-chewed food by a sparrow or something.

Holy shit! That is funny as hell. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #250 on: April 19, 2011, 10:59:43 AM »
RonZombie will be there. Send him my love. By the way, he just quit the BBQ forum forever...again.
The guy can't find any love. Sad.... :'(

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #251 on: April 19, 2011, 12:06:29 PM »

I just checked in there earlier today and I didn't see anything about him leaving.  Is it on Greg's newer forum?  Did he leave without making an announcement or did I miss the thread?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline chipereno

« Reply #252 on: April 19, 2011, 04:50:07 PM »
It's buried in the (looking) for Cra(zy) labels thread

Could I (Yes) will I (No) BTW This will be the last post I ever make, a lot of you have taken what used to be something I looked forward to, to someplace I don't know what to expect! Please don't send me any P.M.s as I will NOT respond! For those of you who are my friends I'm truly sorry! Wishing everyone a "Happy-Wacky-Life"

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #253 on: April 19, 2011, 05:06:43 PM »
He has an ailment thread he's always updating but I can't keep up with all the conditions he's supposed to have.

I wasn't going to read this thread because I live in CA, but damn, there is some rip roaring funny stuff here!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #254 on: April 19, 2011, 09:04:22 PM »
I wasn't going to read this thread because I live in CA, but damn, there is some rip roaring funny stuff here!

(Image removed from quote.)

Are you trying to be the next Ron >:D

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #255 on: April 21, 2011, 12:14:50 AM »
Are you trying to be the next Ron >:D

I confess, I've always thought Ron and Wackim Joe and I have more in common than differences. I think Ron is more of an ass than I am, but maybe not by much.

I see Ron's current stats on this forum are 2.7 posts per day, and that's not shabby for a member who hasn't logged on since Halloween    :^)

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #256 on: April 21, 2011, 06:06:34 AM »
I confess, I've always thought Ron and Wackim Joe and I have more in common than differences. I think Ron is more of an ass than I am, but maybe not by much.

Hey, don't sell yourself short!

If we were having a contest for forum ass, I think quite a few of us would be in the running, me included. But this forum would be a lot less fun without us, so keep up the good work.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #257 on: April 21, 2011, 09:58:25 AM »
Speaking of forum ass....

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #258 on: April 24, 2011, 07:39:49 PM »
Speaking of forum ass....

O.K. No way. I've seen a lot, but that ass has been touched up. And if it hasn't, it should be....

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #259 on: May 12, 2011, 07:34:36 AM »
So, as the Allentown Show nears, who is actually going to be there on Saturday? Here is the list as far as I know (I think):

Paul_Maul (Dave)
Anthony Cordaro
Bill F.
Greg G.
Mark B. (Campy)
Shoe

Am I missing anyone?

(Edit) No Dr. Popper this time, alas.....
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 08:52:36 AM by Paul_Maul »

Offline Kook

« Reply #260 on: May 12, 2011, 09:51:42 AM »
So, as the Allentown Show nears, who is actually going to be there on Saturday? Here is the list as far as I know (I think):

Paul_Maul (Dave)
Anthony Cordaro
Bill F.
Greg G.
Mark B. (Campy)
Shoe

Am I missing anyone?

(Edit) No Dr. Popper this time, alas.....

I think Marc S. is going.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #261 on: May 12, 2011, 09:54:09 AM »
I think Marc S. is going.

You mean Marc Simon? That's cool.

Offline Kook

« Reply #262 on: May 12, 2011, 11:41:27 AM »
You mean Marc Simon? That's cool.
yes

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #263 on: May 14, 2011, 02:19:55 PM »
yes

At the show today..pretty cool - Jay Lynch signed the Greg Box poster for both my daughter and me...Cool!! try to send picture...

Met Shoe, Goodbyekitty, and Demented...lots of stuff..no cereal promos - randomly inserted...just cards no promo's per se...

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #264 on: May 14, 2011, 08:10:17 PM »
At the show today..pretty cool - Jay Lynch signed the Greg Box poster for both my daughter and me...Cool!! try to send picture...

Met Shoe, Goodbyekitty, and Demented...lots of stuff..no cereal promos - randomly inserted...just cards no promo's per se...

Yes, the show was awesome. Soooo much neat stuff and wacky package ans and vintage galore! My fav find was Jay Lynch autographed 2nd edition (blue) books w bonus card inserts for sale at $20 and then some non wacky related (ms pacman,super pacman, and gpks). It was a pleasure meeting you and your daughter, Joe. Also, nice meeting ronz, campy, demented, paul mall, john f, and several others. Had the honor of spending the day with Pupsicola,Greg, Jay Lynch, and Clint and Sandy from GPK and WP warehouse. What a fun bunch today. Thanks sso much for making my day worthwhile and my first TOTAL nonsport trading card show (granted I chase comic Cons all the time) just warm and welcoming!!!
KIM :)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #265 on: May 14, 2011, 08:22:40 PM »

Glad to meet you too Joe, Also in person today were:

1. Greg-Char Boy, 2. David-Paul Maul, 3. Anthony-Duck & Hide, 4. Marc S.-Quas, 5. BillF-Bill, 6. Mark B.-Campy, 7. John-Freetoes, and 8. Shawn-Turbo. I think that's it.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #266 on: May 14, 2011, 08:26:22 PM »

1. Greg-Char Boy, 2. David-Paul Maul, 3. Anthony-Duck & Hide, 4. Marc S.-Quas, 5. BillF-Bill, 6. Mark B.-Campy, 7. John-Freetoes, and 8. Shawn-Turbo. I think that's it.

Those who could not make it:

Band-Aches, Bigtomi, Brute 88, Dr. Popper, Hipton, ETC.

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #267 on: May 14, 2011, 08:41:56 PM »

DUH-Hello Kitty...you only spent about half the day with me, greg, jay, and clints fam! Did you forget so suddenly! It was a pleasure to meet you and thanks for the trades, pink wackos, and eraser stickers. So glad I could help you with those 2 variation cards from ans 5 that you needed. Take care :)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #268 on: May 14, 2011, 11:49:57 PM »
DUH-Hello Kitty...you only spent about half the day with me, greg, jay, and clints fam! Did you forget so suddenly! It was a pleasure to meet you and thanks for the trades, pink wackos, and eraser stickers. So glad I could help you with those 2 variation cards from ans 5 that you needed. Take care :)

Couldn't make this one, had to go to regular work then go to fun work after work. Long day but not bad.
Did anyone grab an extra promo card/pack for those of us who couldn't make the show? I could use one, if there were any given out at the door, as long as it includes a new Wacky Promo of some sort. Will pay, LMK.  ;D

Offline Kook

« Reply #269 on: May 15, 2011, 05:36:17 AM »
Couldn't make this one, had to go to regular work then go to fun work after work. Long day but not bad.
Did anyone grab an extra promo card/pack for those of us who couldn't make the show? I could use one, if there were any given out at the door, as long as it includes a new Wacky Promo of some sort. Will pay, LMK.  ;D

Unfortunately, no wacky items this time. Topps wasn't there either.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #270 on: May 15, 2011, 05:54:49 AM »
Unfortunately, no wacky items this time. Topps wasn't there either.

Doesn't Topps usually go to these shows?

Offline Playskull

« Reply #271 on: May 15, 2011, 09:59:43 AM »
So did get anyone get any major steals?  $5 Grime Heavy's or 16th singles?

Offline Goodbye^Kitty^

« Reply #272 on: May 15, 2011, 10:14:54 AM »
Doesn't Topps usually go to these shows?

Yes topps usually goes and they were supposed to be there. They did not show up!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #273 on: May 15, 2011, 11:18:35 AM »
So did get anyone get any major steals?  $5 Grime Heavy's or 16th singles?

Funny you should mention that! Yes, I did pick up an extremely high grade (though somewhat O/C) Grime Heavy for $3, which I traded to Greg for some unopened packs.

Despite the relatively low turnout of WP fans, this was one of the coolest shows in a while.

I replenished my stock of unopened packs through buys from the usual pack guy at the show as well as a buy/trade of some of Greg's pack stock.

Worked a trade with Bill F. which was extremely helpful to me, for which I'm grateful.

There was also a guy there who had some seriously cool vintage stuff. He had about 15 8th series puzzles (both dark and light) which were untouched, had never been in packs and had no wax stains at all for $10 apiece. I grabbed three, Greg took a bunch more. The same guy had a bunch of perfect 16th stickers and puzzle pieces. These were not priced cheaply, but Greg picked them up also. I also picked up a dead mint 2nd re-issue set from the same guy for $55. He had tons of re-issue and '85 wax as well, priced very reasonably.

Found two different stashes of monster initials (one white, one tan), which allowed me to check off 10 more from my small remaining wantlist for those tough sets.

Just the kind of show I love, a good selection of interesting high quality stuff. Great hanging out with everyone who was there, or at least as much as could be fit in amidst all the wheeling and dealing!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: May 15, 2011, 11:34:17 AM »
Funny you should mention that! Yes, I did pick up an extremely high grade (though somewhat O/C) Grime Heavy for $3, which I traded to Greg for some unopened packs.

Despite the relatively low turnout of WP fans, this was one of the coolest shows in a while.

I replenished my stock of unopened packs through buys from the usual pack guy at the show as well as a buy/trade of some of Greg's pack stock.

Worked a trade with Bill F. which was extremely helpful to me, for which I'm grateful.

There was also a guy there who had some seriously cool vintage stuff. He had about 15 8th series puzzles (both dark and light) which were untouched, had never been in packs and had no wax stains at all for $10 apiece. I grabbed three, Greg took a bunch more. The same guy had a bunch of perfect 16th stickers and puzzle pieces. These were not priced cheaply, but Greg picked them up also. I also picked up a dead mint 2nd re-issue set from the same guy for $55. He had tons of re-issue and '85 wax as well, priced very reasonably.

Found two different stashes of monster initials (one white, one tan), which allowed me to check off 10 more from my small remaining wantlist for those tough sets.

Just the kind of show I love, a good selection of interesting high quality stuff. Great hanging out with everyone who was there, or at least as much as could be fit in amidst all the wheeling and dealing!

Sounds like everyone had a good time.  The series 8 puzzles sound sweet!

I'll have to console myself with the fact that the First Communion I went to was a nice party, and the rain held off until people were ready to leave.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #275 on: May 15, 2011, 02:07:13 PM »

Glad to meet you as well, Hope your 1st non-sport show was all you hoped it would be and on behalf of myself & the forum members that came yesterday, We want you back in the fall for the Oct. show. And No I didn't forget suddenly who I hung out with-LOL.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #276 on: May 15, 2011, 02:11:31 PM »

Good price for the O/C Grime for 3 Georges.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #277 on: May 15, 2011, 02:12:40 PM »
Sounds like everyone had a good time.  The series 8 puzzles sound sweet!

I'll have to console myself with the fact that the First Communion I went to was a nice party, and the rain held off until people were ready to leave.

Hope you can make the fall show.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #278 on: May 15, 2011, 02:26:17 PM »

Hope you can make the fall show.

I picked up at the show: 4 sets of OS 2 for a member who couldn't attend, a blue poster pack, a set of the 1st series postcards, a complete eraser set, (Very glad to have that 1 out of the way) and an O/C Pupsi-Cola for $25

Offline Playskull

« Reply #279 on: May 15, 2011, 02:35:56 PM »

Nice score on that Grime Heavy.  I love it when they don't now what they have.  Funny you should mention the '85 series.  I was going to have Shoe look for a full box for me (even if it had the ugly black line across the top of the box because I have an empty box without the line).  But, we just got a medical bill that was much higher than we had anticipated.  The timing was just bad.  Maybe I'll get that full box of 85's some day.