Author Topic: "Who is going to the Philly Show"  (Read 162415 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: "Who is going to the Philly Show"
« Reply #175 on: May 03, 2010, 02:49:29 PM »
I bought the 2 extra they allowed and I have one promised to someone, but the other one I'm glad to sell at cost if anyone gets shorted.

My extra promo is spoken for!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #176 on: May 03, 2010, 02:53:33 PM »
Do you guys think we should just have one category for all trading and selling? The issue is, like the other forum, that when they are all put under one category it's hard to go back to find what is being offered. Everything get's put into bucket for you to search through. This way if you are looking to trade you go to the trade section. If you are looking just to buy go to the selling section. You may want to review both if there is something you really need quickly.
No, there is nothing wrong with the way it is now and it is much easier to navigate the buys and sells than the old forum that had everything all mixed together.  I have no idea what issue Plan 9 is having but I will say I don't know of anyone who has 3 Reese's promos laying around to trade for LTLs so I suspect that is much more a factor in his not getting responses.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2010, 02:59:07 PM »
No, there is nothing wrong with the way it is now and it is much easier to navigate the buys and sells than the old forum that had everything all mixed together.  I have no idea what issue Plan 9 is having but I will say I don't know of anyone who has 3 Reese's promos laying around to trade for LTLs so I suspect that is much more a factor in his not getting responses.

No I understand what you mean. My idea of the trading post poll was not to please one person but many others might want it changed. I think it should stay the way it is but I want to make sure others have a voice in it. There are others that sell and trade more frequently and might find it all lumped together easier for them. I would really like to have about 75 votes before making any type of decision. I don't want to change a forum over a few votes.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2010, 02:59:57 PM »

Turbo,

Where exactly did someone here(on this forum) give grief for selling Reese's promos for too little?  Where did someone here say you should sell them for more as they should fetch $50?  Seems to me you have mixed up angst you received elsewhere with here.  DPV did tried the same crap on greg's forum to trash me and greg welcomed it with open arms.  How does that equate to greg not tolerating angst?

Now the REAL question is, did you in fact write to Dr Deal and ask him to stop advertising that product can be obtained from Topps website?  That would be totally uncool but I can see how actions like that are welcome by greg and matt.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #179 on: May 03, 2010, 03:08:26 PM »
Turbo,

Where exactly did someone here(on this forum) give grief for selling Reese's promos for too little?  Where did someone here say you should sell them for more as they should fetch $50?  Seems to me you have mixed up angst you received elsewhere with here.  DPV did tried the same crap on greg's forum to trash me and greg welcomed it with open arms.  How does that equate to greg not tolerating angst?

Now the REAL question is, did you in fact write to Dr Deal and ask him to stop advertising that product can be obtained from Topps website?  That would be totally uncool but I can see how actions like that are welcome by greg and matt.

Stop your GD lying,I never trashed you just started a simple truthful thread.Anyone here with the brains and sense they were born with knows your replies to plan 9 have an attitude,just like your emails to me. I for one will mostly keel over if you ever apologize publicly for anything!!!!!!
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline bandaches

« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2010, 03:36:12 PM »
Stop your GD lying,I never trashed you just started a simple truthful thread.Anyone here with the brains and sense they were born with knows your replies to plan 9 have an attitude,just like your emails to me. I for one will mostly keel over if you ever apologize publicly for anything!!!!!!
Last I checked, you emailed me asking for series 1 upgrades, next thing I know you are poking me expecting a "hurricane response" related to the NFL pool.  Then I get emails from folks who say you created a thread on greg's board that suggests I am at it again and randomly picked a fight with you.

Next you call Turbo greedy and most people are agreeing that he has a right to do whatever he wants.

Scary Lee often says "thats Plan9 for you" and I happen to also challenge some odd comments that Plan9 makes.  Not worth crying over.  We are not a bunch of pussies who can't partake in tough conversations from time to time.  This is a male dominated hobby in case you forgot.

In general, this forum is very positive and it doesn't put its head in the sand that sometimes some healthy angst will kick up.

As usual, I will let you get the last word in so this thread doesn't get dragged down.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2010, 03:47:27 PM »
Holy crap, did you see him?  He really looked like that!

BTW - great to meet in person, wish we had a chance to chat even more.  October show won't have the pinball show to create competition for time!

That's too funny. Sorry I missed that Wacky Moment. Maybe he did work for Topp's !
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #182 on: May 03, 2010, 03:54:29 PM »
I only was able to get 2 extra Promo's from the show and the're going to:

View Monster (aka Wackyfan) Brian

and waiting on reply from

Head & Boulders - for the other

Sorry couldn't get any more folks...

« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2010, 04:04:33 PM »

[/quote]NO PLEASE KEEP POSTING,as usual I will set you straight again.In the Football you were looking for a response from me,took 2 weeks but I finally responded with a short reply, and the hurricane mention.So dont go around lying,saying I tried prodding you, ITS ALL THEIR IN B&W FOR ALL TO SEE. So you have the best collection well i have 2 words and the first word is WHO.
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline bandaches

« Reply #184 on: May 03, 2010, 04:16:07 PM »
That's too funny. Sorry I missed that Wacky Moment. Maybe he did work for Topp's !
I doubt he worked for Topps.  He wanted $30 for the Cracked Jerk and Weakies Diecuts.  They looked pretty damn nice and he seemed to really need the money so I agreed to buy them.  I asked if he had $10 change as I had two $20s and he said he has no money on him at all.  I then started scrapping up singles and stuff and came up with $27, he wouldn't take $27 so we had to go find a dealer to break my second $20 so I could give him exactly $30.  I couldn't bring myself to spend the piles of cash he was expecting for his ocean damaged Series 1 Wonderbread sheet though.

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #185 on: May 03, 2010, 04:43:52 PM »

I sent you a PM.  I appreciate you doing this.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #186 on: May 03, 2010, 05:17:00 PM »

I have no idea what issue Plan9 is having either. What are you talking about?

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #187 on: May 03, 2010, 05:48:06 PM »
ITS ALL THEIR IN B&W

Are you sure it wasn't P&W?  ;)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #188 on: May 03, 2010, 06:26:11 PM »
I have no idea what issue Plan9 is having either. What are you talking about?
I assume (and I do, because I'm an ass), this was a reference to your seemingly mild criticism of this gigantic forum.
I posted in the trading section but this site is so sprawling I wonder how many members ever see it all.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUJisn5Sus0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUJisn5Sus0</a>

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #189 on: May 03, 2010, 06:49:06 PM »
ooooh, Kim Deal!  My personal favorite!

8)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #190 on: May 03, 2010, 07:24:15 PM »
Ok here is a list of who i've given (sold) a promo to:

playskull
swiski
plastered
taz
zenergizer
dr sushi
liptorn
6up

I wish I would have took the time to gotten even more but no matter how many there would always be somebody else that wants one. Hopefully someone else here can help some people out.

Great job John, I'm sure all those collectors are very happy you came through for them. I took care of Erik (EMAN) with the other promo I had.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #191 on: May 03, 2010, 07:45:27 PM »

Thank you so much, I hope to return the favor one day!  :)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #192 on: May 03, 2010, 07:56:05 PM »
I sent you a PM.  I appreciate you doing this.
Yes indeed, Jeff is a great guy I'm just sorry I took off before we could hang out...maybe next time!
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #193 on: May 03, 2010, 08:50:23 PM »
The Breeders! Nice choice!

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #194 on: May 04, 2010, 01:25:51 AM »
I have Brad, BigTomi and Sue Me covered(althought Sue me hasn't been on recently so I am not sure what is up with that).  I got access to a 4th extra one and will cover Martin.  If Sue me doesn't claim that one, then I will cover Head and Boulders.  I mentioned to everyone that you could buy 2 extra sets, it wasn't well advertised that you could but I don't know how many people went back and bought two more.

I'm still here, just haven't had the time to post lately.  Too much work, which is a good thing these days.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #195 on: May 04, 2010, 03:59:30 PM »
Yes indeed, Jeff is a great guy I'm just sorry I took off before we could hang out...maybe next time!

Hey Ron, thanks - back at ya dude! Takes one to know one ^-^

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #196 on: May 06, 2010, 06:03:05 PM »

playskull
swiski
plastered
taz
zenergizer
dr sushi
liptorn
6up

I wish I would have took the time to gotten even more but no matter how many there would always be somebody else that wants one. Hopefully someone else here can help some people out.

I got mine today and am pleased as punch. Thanks so much John for going through all the effort to get this to me, it is very much appreciated!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2010, 09:30:32 PM »

playskull
swiski
plastered
taz
zenergizer
dr sushi
liptorn
6up

I got my postcard in the mail as well. Thanks so much, ScaryLee!!

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #198 on: May 06, 2010, 11:01:22 PM »
I got mine today and am pleased as punch. Thanks so much John for going through all the effort to get this to me, it is very much appreciated!

Hey you are very welcome as are all the others I helped out. I enjoyed taking the time to get extras for people.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #199 on: May 07, 2010, 02:21:21 PM »
Thanks again, John....promo arrived safe and sound!

No Kim Deal, though   ;D

Taz

« Reply #200 on: May 07, 2010, 02:32:04 PM »
Hey you are very welcome as are all the others I helped out. I enjoyed taking the time to get extras for people.

Yes, Thank You for helping us out.  I received my Peepers yesterday.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #201 on: May 07, 2010, 06:50:53 PM »
Yes, Thank You for helping us out.  I received my Peepers yesterday.
I knew he would take care of you!
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #202 on: May 07, 2010, 07:28:06 PM »
I think I now know why auctions by Turbo and Thejoje bug me so much. Nothing against these guys at all (Turbo, don't take this the wrong way and think you have to defend yourself, this is only my observation of your sales).
I understand that guys have to sell stuff but for me the biggest issue is the postcards. I believe the limited edition post cards have to be complete with everything you get with a LE postcard such as the sketch, certificate, bio cards, & special insert. I see auctions where they sell all the pieces individually and totally destroy the whole package. Maybe I am wrong here but I like to get everything with a LE set. Maybe people are used to subsets and such with special inserts but I want the whole think in tact when I buy it. I have a few postcard sketches that I have purchased and traded for but without all the other stuff it's not the same.
My belief is that all the stuff that comes with the LE sketch cards belong with the sketch card set. There are only 200 or so of each LE post card set and with all the pieces sold off it just bugs me. Again this is my opinion but I believe they are sold that way as a total LE set. You don't get them with the regular post cards for a reason because it's not an LE set.
You could say, why are people buying the OLDS sketches and that is part of the set. I don't see it that way since it's not a limited edition that goes with the all the cards that make up the LE set.
I do believe that the people that retain the whole set of postcards will be better off. This could be due to resell or trade value.
Do you all agree this makes sense with the post cards or am I just the only one?

Another analogy is I sold a Harry Potter LE 5 disc Blue-Ray set on ebay and a guy sent it back to me because it was missing one of the bookmarks. He got it for $60, which is a hell of a deal for 5 blu-ray movies and he spent $12 sending it back to me because it wasn't complete. I sold it because of the movies but he didn't see it that way. He wanted the whole LE set.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #203 on: May 07, 2010, 08:55:16 PM »
I think I now know why auctions by Turbo and Thejoje bug me so much. Nothing against these guys at all (Turbo, don't take this the wrong way and think you have to defend yourself, this is only my observation of your sales).
I understand that guys have to sell stuff but for me the biggest issue is the postcards. I believe the limited edition post cards have to be complete with everything you get with a LE postcard such as the sketch, certificate, bio cards, & special insert. I see auctions where they sell all the pieces individually and totally destroy the whole package. Maybe I am wrong here but I like to get everything with a LE set. Maybe people are used to subsets and such with special inserts but I want the whole think in tact when I buy it. I have a few postcard sketches that I have purchased and traded for but without all the other stuff it's not the same.
My belief is that all the stuff that comes with the LE sketch cards belong with the sketch card set. There are only 200 or so of each LE post card set and with all the pieces sold off it just bugs me. Again this is my opinion but I believe they are sold that way as a total LE set. You don't get them with the regular post cards for a reason because it's not an LE set.
You could say, why are people buying the OLDS sketches and that is part of the set. I don't see it that way since it's not a limited edition that goes with the all the cards that make up the LE set.
I do believe that the people that retain the whole set of postcards will be better off. This could be due to resell or trade value.
Do you all agree this makes sense with the post cards or am I just the only one?

Another analogy is I sold a Harry Potter LE 5 disc Blue-Ray set on ebay and a guy sent it back to me because it was missing one of the bookmarks. He got it for $60, which is a hell of a deal for 5 blu-ray movies and he spent $12 sending it back to me because it wasn't complete. I sold it because of the movies but he didn't see it that way. He wanted the whole LE set.
I think you answered your own question in using the word "set".  As with any set, the pieces of the set can be sold or the set can be sold.  It is up to the buyer to decide what they want.  I sure don't need to have 5 copies of Bio sets to go with all of the post card sketches I picked up so I have no desire at all to keep them all together.  Some people aren't interested in the sketches and sell them to recoup their costs as they only want the bonus cards.  Different strokes for different folks with none being better than the other.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #204 on: May 07, 2010, 11:04:49 PM »
I think you answered your own question in using the word "set".  As with any set, the pieces of the set can be sold or the set can be sold.  It is up to the buyer to decide what they want.  I sure don't need to have 5 copies of Bio sets to go with all of the post card sketches I picked up so I have no desire at all to keep them all together.  Some people aren't interested in the sketches and sell them to recoup their costs as they only want the bonus cards.  Different strokes for different folks with none being better than the other.

So you don't think the postcard sets should be sold as a set of all cards that came with the set? I, for some resson, feel they should be. I think that the postcards that are LE should be sold with all the offerings and not be parted out. I feel that in the future you should offer all the cards that came with the LE to be complete otherwise it wouldn't make it a LE. Any opinions?

« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2010, 02:48:23 AM »
So you don't think the postcard sets should be sold as a set of all cards that came with the set? I, for some resson, feel they should be. I think that the postcards that are LE should be sold with all the offerings and not be parted out. I feel that in the future you should offer all the cards that came with the LE to be complete otherwise it wouldn't make it a LE. Any opinions?
Yes,don't hold your breathe waiting for your wish to come true,BTW I purchased 2 Resee's promos from two different sellers for a total of $23.00.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2010, 04:41:54 AM »
Well, when purchasing Series 1, 2 & 3, I want them to be complete because the limited postcards are signed, and numbered to match the sketches.  I'd buy a Series 1 Weaky Packages sketch alone if it showed up at a reasonable price, but I'd still someday want the numbered postcards to go with it, or would hope to find a complete set and then sell my extra sketch.  Really, to me, the only issue with these three sets is the Grave Nuts bonus card with Series 3 LE.  I had to buy an extra set to pull out the Grave Nuts for my special cereal collection, and I now have the sketch and LE postcards left.  If someone would enjoy the LE postcards and the Gloomy Bears sketch, which is basically identical to my keeper, I'd happily sell.

With Series 4 & 5, I can see breaking the sets up, because the 'LE' postcards are unsigned and unnumbered.  The only connection to the sketch is the COA.  To get one sketch from each artist requires 5 sets - do I really need 5 sets of Bio cards?  And with some of the variations, particularly Smokin' Joe's, people are looking for more than 5 sketches!  And I know I've been tempted by some extra Wander sketches I've seen.  I do tend to keep more than one set of the inserts, some for pages, and one to keep in toploaders, and I did break up bio sets in both 4 & 5 to get the cereal titles.  Still, there are likely people who prefer the smaller size cards who missed out on the LE sale window - why not offer them the extra bio sets?  Or the loose cards from the bio sets I broke up?  They're sitting here in a box, whereas maybe someone could be enjoying them.

I also helped out a forum member who really wanted a Hoppy Meal bonus card from Series 4.  That is where these LE postcard sets bother me - a Wacky title that is so limited (200 cards) that many collectors may never be able to get one.  If everyone who wanted multiple sketches insisted on keeping the special bonus cards with them, how many less fans would ever be able to get the bonus Wacky image?  I'd much rather they go back to the Series 2 model and use the same bonus card in the regular and LE sets.  

Your timing about this is funny - I brought my extra postcard stuff to the show last week, including complete Series 2 sets, the Gloomy Bears w/o Grave Nuts, some bio sets and a Gaggin' Strips.  The trading was really focused on OS and Old School.  I was thinking of offering them here, might just do that.....
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 04:44:50 AM by RawGoo »

Offline 6up

« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2010, 12:24:04 PM »
Got my postcard today from John.  Thanks a ton :D  Much appreciated. Hopefully I can return the favor in the future.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #208 on: May 08, 2010, 04:17:08 PM »

I've had several buyers that I've sold bio-sets to tell me they have no interest in the postcards because they only collect trading card size cards.  There is a lot of variety about who collects what so I don't see anything wrong with breaking sets down.  From a buyer standpoint and to Ernies point when I get one limited set and then want the other sketch cards I don't need or want the rest of the package so why pay for it?  Now the COA's are different as they should always be kept with the sketch cards, but the rest could always be assembled back together separately.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2010, 05:42:09 PM »
I'd say it the buyers choice, eveybody is not a completist and everyone does not have an unlimited budget to use either probably.
Besides that, it is totally up the the individual what they like and don't like even if funds were no prob.

anything