Author Topic: "Who is going to the Philly Show"  (Read 163299 times)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
Re: "Who is going to the Philly Show"
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2010, 02:12:40 PM »
Gee what a surprise, Turbo already has a Reese's promo listed for $18.00 + $3.00.This post is coming at you in GREEDY GREEN.

The price is kinda high, but tempting. I'm glad he's offering one for sale though.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2010, 04:00:58 PM »
He revised the opening bid to $27.95.  As usual the auction does not list where the item was obtained.

DrDeal

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2010, 04:23:31 PM »
He revised the opening bid to $27.95.  As usual the auction does not list where the item was obtained.

DrDeal
The revised price is probably to cover the cost of 2 McDonalds extra value meals
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2010, 06:11:59 PM »
Just back from the show. There were various ways to get extras of the promo. They allowed people to buy 2 extra tickets each, and if you bought a 2 day pass you could get 4 promos in total. I figured out a simple way to ethically get even more by just offering to buy uninterested people's cards. That said I have 5 extra that will go to the first 5 people that post in this thread. There are other people that have picked up extras as well that may be willing to help out, but please, one per person as there is a limit to how many forum members were able to get. I will have to charge $7 to cover paypal fees and postage, others may want to charge a little more but I only paid around $5 a piece for the ones I got. Please, if you already have one of these don't request one, and if you get one from me please have yourself removed from Neil's list as I am sure he will likely be limited too.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2010, 06:18:23 PM »
Glad to see that you were all able to get some promo's!  Count me in!

Thanks,

Zen, always steroid-free  :]

Taz

« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2010, 06:19:11 PM »
Just back from the show. There were various ways to get extras of the promo. They allowed people to buy 2 extra tickets each, and if you bought a 2 day pass you could get 4 promos in total. I figured out a simple way to ethically get even more by just offering to buy uninterested people's cards. That said I have 5 extra that will go to the first 5 people that post in this thread. There are other people that have picked up extras as well that may be willing to help out, but please, one per person as there is a limit to how many forum members were able to get. I will have to charge $7 to cover paypal fees and postage, others may want to charge a little more but I only paid around $5 a piece for the ones I got. Please, if you already have one of these don't request one, and if you get one from me please have yourself removed from Neil's list as I am sure he will likely be limited too.

Count me in for one, Cheers!

Offline 6up

« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2010, 06:59:20 PM »
If you still have one available, please count me in ;D

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2010, 08:08:49 PM »
Hi John,

I would like to buy one. PLMK details.
Thanks,
Willie

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2010, 08:19:56 PM »

I'll take one as well. Just let me know how to pay.

And Thanks!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2010, 08:26:08 PM »
Are there any left? I would like one.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2010, 08:29:14 PM »
Damn, looks like i just missed out??
:(
I would love to get one if at all possible.  I was bummed I couldn't make the show today

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2010, 08:47:24 PM »
Ok, I will take care of all 7 of you guys. I will message you my email address where you can send payment, just give me some time to pack all of these up. It's not as easy to safely ship these as it is a regular sized Wacky. I also have a couple more for specific friends here. Hopefully someone else that was at the show can help out some more people.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2010, 08:49:02 PM »
I'd love one if I can get one, but If not no worries.   :P
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2010, 08:53:28 PM »
I have Sue-Me, Gurgle and Big Tomi covered with the three extras I was able to get if all of them don't have ways to get them yet.  If any of them are covered, the next one in line on John's list gets one.  I paid $17 to get the three extra so with postage, packaging and paypal, I think I will need $8 each to break even.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2010, 09:06:17 PM »
Hi,
If I can get in on this, that would be swell. Anyone that has an extra promo to sell, please contact me. Thanks kindly.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline bandaches

« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2010, 09:12:44 PM »
Some notes from the show:

Really good vibe with everyone, thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with the folks I already knew as well as meeting folks whom I hadn't hooked up with before! 

As usual, there were relatively slim pickens from the dealers, I found a few deals in getting some series 16 puzzle pieces for $3(non right side), and good prices on Runaway, Mess Clairol, Windhex and a few others in that category.  My "find" for the show was finally getting a Stench Berries Sketch and an extra Wanderbread color to be used to trade to get other sketches I need.  I was surprised that any dealer had sketches so this made my show for me!

Trading was less feverish than previous years mainly because 1/2 of us took off to the pinball show and others seemed to need to leave in the middle of the afternoon.  With good turnouts like this show, the tables we do our trading are quite inadequate so we should consider moving to an unused store space.

Pinball show was a bit lame as the crowd was larger and it seemd more machines weren't set up with free credits so I spent an equal amount of time waiting to play games as actually playing. 

Sorry I missed the dinner hangout gang, I had to tend to my wife freaking out about our youngest Pug seeming to be ill.  I was pretty wiped out by that point anyway and wouldn't have survived two more hours until dinner.  Baby Pug is fine and it seems the extreme heat and humidity got to her.   Thanks to all who wished her well!

Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2010, 09:26:43 PM »
I have Sue-Me, Gurgle and Big Tomi covered with the three extras I was able to get if all of them don't have ways to get them yet.  If any of them are covered, the next one in line on John's list gets one.  I paid $17 to get the three extra so with postage, packaging and paypal, I think I will need $8 each to break even.
Thanks, Ernie, but you can release mine to someone else. I'm covered.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2010, 09:59:48 PM »

John you're always look out for your wacky friends!  Am I too late?  I would love to have one of your 5 promos.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2010, 10:02:37 PM »
Hey Big Ern, I might need one if John's stash has been exhausted.  You guys are awesome to pick up extras for those who could not make it.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
"Who is going to the Philly Show"
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2010, 10:38:11 PM »
Quote from: bandaches
Some notes from the show:

Really good vibe with everyone, thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with the folks I already knew as well as meeting folks whom I hadn't hooked up with before! 

As usual, there were relatively slim pickens from the dealers, I found a few deals in getting some series 16 puzzle pieces for $3(non right side), and good prices on Runaway, Mess Clairol, Windhex and a few others in that category.  My "find" for the show was finally getting a Stench Berries Sketch and an extra Wanderbread color to be used to trade to get other sketches I need.  I was surprised that any dealer had sketches so this made my show for me!

Trading was less feverish than previous years mainly because 1/2 of us took off to the pinball show and others seemed to need to leave in the middle of the afternoon.  With good turnouts like this show, the tables we do our trading are quite inadequate so we should consider moving to an unused store space.

Pinball show was a bit lame as the crowd was larger and it seemd more machines weren't set up with free credits so I spent an equal amount of time waiting to play games as actually playing. 

Sorry I missed the dinner hangout gang, I had to tend to my wife freaking out about our youngest Pug seeming to be ill.  I was pretty wiped out by that point anyway and wouldn't have survived two more hours until dinner.  Baby Pug is fine and it seems the extreme heat and humidity got to her.   Thanks to all who wished her well!
What do you mean ' wonderbread color'?

Offline Swiski

« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2010, 05:51:29 AM »
Can someone please PM me if you have an extra Reesees promo to sell? Not sure how to get on a waiting list.

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2010, 05:51:59 AM »
Glad you guys could get extras for those folks who couldn't make the show.  If anyone has one left I would be interested.  PM me please.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2010, 08:23:06 AM »
What do you mean ' wonderbread color'?
I actually said "wanderbread color".  Neil did some "WANDER" in red and yellow color. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2010, 09:05:43 AM »
Did Topps have OLDS boxes for sale at the show? Did anyone stand at the booth buying one box at a time until they pulled a color? ;)

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2010, 09:23:56 AM »
If someone has an extra Reese's Promo to sell, please let me know. Thanks :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 09:25:28 AM by rdsjnk »

Offline Turbo

« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2010, 09:25:30 AM »
Gee what a surprise, Turbo already has a Reese's promo listed for $18.00 + $3.00.This post is coming at you in GREEDY GREEN.

Do any of you people have a life? Seems not since all yous do is talk sh** on people. I bought extras of the promo so why does it matter what I do with them. Would you rather have me be greedy and keep all of them? I put one up so collectors that can't make it to the show have a chance to buy one.
I was goi g to list it for $10 and put it up for $19 and uped the price since people bitched I had it up for too low of a price.

I spent a lot of money at the show so don't see what's wrong with trying to make some back. Also I paid for the promos.

By the way I don't eat mcdonalds.

I far from greedy. I've spent so much money in this hobby like the rest of you. If I do make a profit it goes right back into the hobby to buy more cards.

If you don't have anything nice to say then keep your mouth shut. I never ripped anyone off in this hobby and don't understand why people always have something negative to say about me. All I do is help other collectors out.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2010, 09:29:11 AM »
Can someone please PM me if you have an extra Reesees promo to sell? Not sure how to get on a waiting list.

Not sure if you missed it but you were one of the 7 people I said that I would provide one for.

Plastered, you are also on my list so Ernie can sell his to someone else.

Offline Turbo

« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2010, 09:35:41 AM »
Did Topps have OLDS boxes for sale at the show? Did anyone stand at the booth buying one box at a time until they pulled a color? ;)

They had olds boxes, and all 3 binders for sale. Same price as online.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2010, 09:48:01 AM »

This was my first show attendance and the Topps table had a 24pk box of FB2 on the table with the top off showing the unopened pack contents. Well, I said to them, it wouldn't be right today if I don't open up any wacky's, so I asked, are the FB2 packs the usual 2 dollar price. The man said, they are not for sale !  :o  Just for display !  I said no way.  He was very nice and said go ahead and open a pack if you want, but you can't take the cards. I said, naaah that's alright then - I'd probably pull a gold or plate or something crazy and be tortured. Then he said, if I did pull one of those I could keep it! So I gave it to my girl to open (as she has opened many of these with me at home) and everyone cracked up when she saw no Gold or Plate she said out loud, that was a dud !  :D  Priceless wacky moment.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2010, 09:57:56 AM »
 By the way, I had a great time at the show (for my first one) and was happy to meet everyone here who came out. We stepped out for lunch right up the street at Queens diner and when I got back I was surprised to hear that Ron had already left. Sorry didn't get to talk to you longer Ron, but totally understand if you had to go. Also, hope you had a good ride home.

Ours was terrible, we got sent in wrong direction so many times it took us over 2x's the time it should of taken to arrive home! Between too much roadwork going on putting us into different lanes, very very poor signage on the roads and folks trying to give us directions, but leaving out super important info - we we're derailed at least 5 or 6 times. Yes we should of had a map (lent it out and never got returned) and no we did not have GPS (which I hear sucks anyway). When you do realize (even if it is instantly) that you made a wrong exit or turn, you usually end up going at least 10 miles out of your way before you can U turn around just to get back to the place you were. This made our day a nightmare and we unfortunately are not in a hurry to go to Allentown again anytime soon.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2010, 10:18:08 AM »

I spent a lot of money at the show so don't see what's wrong with trying to make some back. Also I paid for the promos.

I have to agree with you. I don't see what the big deal is. You paid for your items whether they be these promos, OLDS, ANS, FB or even original stickers so you can sell them for whatever you want. People don't have to buy them. I don't understand why you are getting singled out. Lots of people have bought ANS boxes or FB or OLDS and taken certain things that they want from them and then sold off other components for profit to make back some of the money they spent.

I think many collectors in this and other hobbies support their collecting by offsetting their spending with selling some stuff they don't need.

I think it's great that other collectors promised to get promos for people at cost but your not required to do this and you did not make a promise that your now reneging on.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 10:19:51 AM by slamjim »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2010, 11:05:04 AM »
By the way, I had a great time at the show (for my first one) and was happy to meet everyone here who came out. We stepped out for lunch right up the street at Queens diner and when I got back I was surprised to hear that Ron had already left. Sorry didn't get to talk to you longer Ron, but totally understand if you had to go. Also, hope you had a good ride home.

Ours was terrible, we got sent in wrong direction so many times it took us over 2x's the time it should of taken to arrive home! Between too much roadwork going on putting us into different lanes, very very poor signage on the roads and folks trying to give us directions, but leaving out super important info - we we're derailed at least 5 or 6 times. Yes we should of had a map (lent it out and never got returned) and no we did not have GPS (which I hear sucks anyway). When you do realize (even if it is instantly) that you made a wrong exit or turn, you usually end up going at least 10 miles out of your way before you can U turn around just to get back to the place you were. This made our day a nightmare and we unfortunately are not in a hurry to go to Allentown again anytime soon.
Wow Jeff, that trip home sounds exactly like what I was afraid would happen to us in the morning!  Everything was great on Long Island, but the Bronx and Manhattan are colossal pains (for me, anyway, I get nervous with all those cars in such tight spaces and with such horrible road surfaces), and the area near the George Washington Bridge in NJ is also no fun, confusion-wise.  Fortunately though, things went very well once we got onto the NJ Turnpike, and after that I could relax, and the trip was actually very enoyable.  I don't have a GPS either, but I had printed out directions from Mapquest, they were great, kind of like the old Trip Tiks (?) that my mom used to get from AAA.  As a result, I am likely to make the trip again.  While the nightmare is fresh in your mind, take a look at what Mapquest would have told you - maybe with those detailed directions, you'd be willing to give it another try.

Our trip home was uneventful, but after dropping off Elizabeth it took me an hour just to get onto and over the Throg's Neck Bridge, a 10 mile trip.  No problem with directions, it would actually be pretty difficult to miss all the signs for Long Island, just WAY too many cars!

The one thing I will definitely try next time is borrowing an EZ Pass.  Toll areas would be a lot less trouble without having to worry about what lane to get into to pay with cash.  Doesn't make sense to get one myself, as this is the first time in about 15 years that I've driven off Long Island, and I don't plan on making a habit of it.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2010, 11:48:29 AM »
They brought (2) cases to sell, I bought (2) boxes and Mike told me that someone wanted (all) the boxes that were left over at the end of the day.
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2010, 11:51:07 AM »
Just wanted to let everyone know I had a FANTASTIC time! It was great meeting all of you, sorry Jeff that we did'nt get to spend anytime together....maybe next time we will "ROCK" All my WACKY  best...RonZ 8)
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline bandaches

« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2010, 12:30:42 PM »
Not sure if you missed it but you were one of the 7 people I said that I would provide one for.

Plastered, you are also on my list so Ernie can sell his to someone else.
Can you publish your list as I am with the others, it is not clear who you are covering.