Author Topic: Wacky Packages Postcard Sets Master List  (Read 110062 times)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Wacky Packages Postcard Sets Master List
« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2013, 06:43:47 AM »
My Postcard Master list post at the beginning of this thread can't be updated to include Halloween 2013 - seems there is a 20,000 character limit in a post, and this put me over the limit  :sad:

Will ponder upon this, and what to do.  May just create separate threads for each series, but that leaves binders kind of hanging, and maybe promos, too.  Meanwhile, here's what I have so far for Halloween 2013.  Please LMK if I've erred anywhere.

Fall 2013 Philly promo postcard with Killing Sppprreee and Hellraiserets (September 21-22, 2013)
- Reverse has the Wacky Halloween Postcards logo, as well as the Philly show logo and date

Halloween 2013
Limited Edition (Sale date 10/24/13, approx. 12:30 am, limit of 3 sets per mailing address & credit card, restriction removed 10/29/13):
- 666 sets of unnumbered limited edition postcards (Harms Glow Pop, It Kat, Sno Corpse, Stitchers, Marrow Cup, Butcherfinger), with each postcard marked as "Limited Edition" on the reverse, and signed by the artist on the reverse
- Certificate of Authenticity, numbered
- Color Halloween decorated envelope, unnumbered
- 666 numbered sketch cards based on Wacky titles from this set
- Each postcard set included 2 of 6 bio cards (Camera, Engstrom, Gambino, Kirscht, Simko and Smokin' Joe
- Sketch cards by Brower, Camera, Engstrom, Gambino, Graham, Kirscht, Parisi, Pingitore, Simko, Smokin' Joe, and Zapata*
- TS20 Bonus card – Whatchamakillit
- Issue price $52.99

* Note: There were a number of color sketches produced for this Limited Edition series but there is no difference in the copyright or card stock for the color sketches relative to the black and white sketches.

Tricky Treat Edition (Sale date 10/24/13):
- 7 standard postcards (Harms Glow Pop, It Kat, Sno Corpse, Stitchers, Marrow Cup, Butcherfinger, Hellraiserets), no signature box on reverse, and with copyright on front
- Red wrapper with spiderweb pattern, unnumbered
- TS21 Bonus card – Killing Sppprreee
- Issue price $11.99

Halloween 2013 posters (Sale date 10/24/13)
- 6 trading card stock 8” x 14” posters of the 2013 Halloween postcards (Harms Glow Pop, It Kat, Sno Corpse, Stitchers, Marrow Cup, Butcherfinger) with a red spiderweb background
- Issue price $39.99 for a set of 6
- Also available individually for $9.99; Harms Glow Pop was initially available individually, but was later removed from the website
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 03:27:20 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: November 05, 2013, 05:12:23 PM »
an option for the interim  - since you own message 1 and message 2 in the thread, move everything from message 2 into message 1, then move your new Halloween 2013 stuff into message 2. Don't 'delete' message 1, just modify it. I don't think there is anything to keep from message 1, so just edit that all out.
You'll have room for a year or two more of postcard stuff then, and it'll all be at the beginning of the thread.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2013, 05:22:59 PM »
Am I missing something with Halloween 2013 postcards or is they no way to get a standard sized card with the HELLRAISERETS title? Besides a sketch card, that is. Seems like there should be one more "bonus" card.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: November 05, 2013, 05:41:02 PM »
Am I missing something with Halloween 2013 postcards or is they no way to get a standard sized card with the HELLRAISERETS title? Besides a sketch card, that is. Seems like there should be one more "bonus" card.
it's listed as one of the standard cards in the Tricky Treat edition. It's an additional card, but not considered a bonus. (it's #7 of 7)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:43:26 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #144 on: November 05, 2013, 07:42:47 PM »

That's the hook to buy the RE set along with an awesome wrapper and the other bonus. You might as well throw out the other 6 PCs.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2013, 03:21:16 AM »

The only way to get Hellraiserets is as a postcard size card (#7) in the Tricky Treat set.  There is no trading card size version.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2013, 02:28:19 PM »
it's listed as one of the standard cards in the Tricky Treat edition. It's an additional card, but not considered a bonus. (it's #7 of 7)
Speaking of the Tricky Treat edition, I never got mine. Has everyone else or are they not out yet...or what? Should I get on the horn with Topps?

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #147 on: November 06, 2013, 02:33:25 PM »
Speaking of the Tricky Treat edition, I never got mine. Has everyone else or are they not out yet...or what? Should I get on the horn with Topps?

When did you order them Tom?  Should have come with the LE. Mine were shipped together. I even ordered a second one to keep unopened, and that came already(Topps making up to me?) i doubt it.

Jim

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2013, 02:42:01 PM »
When did you order them Tom?  Should have come with the LE.
Ordered them all together, they're all on one invoice. Only got the comic and LE set. Guess it's Phone time...

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #149 on: November 06, 2013, 02:44:30 PM »
Ordered them all together, they're all on one invoice. Only got the comic and LE set. Guess it's Phone time...

I wish you well my friend.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #150 on: November 06, 2013, 03:28:21 PM »
I wish you well my friend.

LOL, thanks. I actually just shot off an email to storehelp. Let's see where that gets me first. It should be storehell@topps.com.

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2013, 04:19:37 PM »
LOL, thanks. I actually just shot off an email to storehelp. Let's see where that gets me first. It should be storehell@topps.com.
LOL. that's the 'Wacky Addresses' version

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2013, 04:19:42 PM »

Mine all arrived together. Did your packing list show the RE PCs?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2013, 02:52:12 PM »
Mine all arrived together. Did your packing list show the RE PCs?
I remember not...and I'm pretty certain I don't have it anymore. According to the site, Topps is working on it.

Offline vonhef

« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2014, 07:36:44 AM »
Just curious...would this be considered a color sketch...been looking at this card for years and it dawned on me it has color highlights. Any thoughts?

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2014, 08:14:49 AM »
Just curious...would this be considered a color sketch...been looking at this card for years and it dawned on me it has color highlights. Any thoughts?

Looks color to me

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2014, 11:12:15 AM »

I believe all of Mark's Dead & Buried sketches had color highlights.  Anyone have a sketch lacking the highlights?  The way some collectors value sketches, that could actually ending up be considered "more valuable" to some.   :-\

Offline vonhef

« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2014, 11:37:09 AM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline LonerStoner

« Reply #158 on: December 03, 2017, 09:20:00 PM »
Sorry to bring this old topic back up but I had a question.

For the 2012 Halloween set was there a "Strike/Slay Day" postcard for the limited editions?

It seems as all the backs of the limited edition postcards state that there was only six in this set.

In contrast all the backs of the regular edition postcards state that there was seven in this set.

Thanks.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2017, 03:02:10 AM »
Sorry to bring this old topic back up but I had a question.

For the 2012 Halloween set was there a "Strike/Slay Day" postcard for the limited editions?

It seems as all the backs of the limited edition postcards state that there was only six in this set.

In contrast all the backs of the regular edition postcards state that there was seven in this set.

Thanks.

No problem bringing up old threads, especially master lists - that's what they're here for!

I'll find my binder and check the actual postcards, but I'm pretty sure I had them right in front of me when I added them to the master list, and that there was a Strike/Slay Day postcard in the limited edition set.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 03:05:21 AM by RawGoo »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: December 13, 2017, 02:53:38 PM »
I just checked your master list and found out that the limited edition had seven postcards and the regular edition had six postcards. Hope that helps.

I know, but I was offering to check the actual binder to confirm that I hadn't goofed.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #161 on: March 03, 2019, 09:38:00 AM »
Pat,

Good job on this list! Only two mistakes that I saw:

*The 2009 promo postcard's right name is Croca-Cola Zero.
*The Strike/SlayDay combo postcard is in the regular edition of Halloween Postcards 2012, not the limited edition.

Just thought you'd like to know.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 11:55:10 AM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2019, 11:56:44 AM »
Pat,

Thanks for putting in my corrections!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2019, 08:07:12 PM »
Pat,

Do you think that the Halloween aluminum plaques should be put in the list as well? After all, they were all based on the Halloween Postcards.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 01:51:51 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #164 on: March 19, 2019, 11:03:31 PM »
Am I the only one who noticed that in Wacky Halloween Postcards 2012's Plots, a word is spelled wrong?

It's "Sacrificially",  not "Sacraficially".

This is in the Limited Edition and regular edition postcards and on the Official Collectors Binder.

Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 01:51:18 PM by mikecho »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2019, 07:33:34 AM »
Good "eye"!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2019, 03:28:21 PM »
mikecho wins the "Attention to Detail" Award!        :13:

Offline mikecho

« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2019, 06:25:47 PM »
mikecho wins the "Attention to Detail" Award!        :13:

(Image removed from quote.)
Please, call me Mike. Everyone does.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2019, 02:50:34 PM »
Off the subject, I know of another misspelled word in Duzn't. It's "Beatniks", not "Beatnicks".

Does anyone else know about any other instances of this?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 07:21:02 AM by mikecho »

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2019, 04:25:28 PM »
I'm a spelling Nazi so this kind of stuff really bugs me, but, I never even noticed it before  :-\ . Good eye, Mike.
Brian Mc

Offline mikecho

« Reply #170 on: April 09, 2019, 07:22:21 AM »
I'm a spelling Nazi so this kind of stuff really bugs me, but, I never even noticed it before  :-\ . Good eye, Mike.
Thanks, Rob and Brian!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2019, 07:32:55 AM »
Pat,

I noticed two things about the Wacky Halloween Postcards.

*Two of the parodied products - Ghostess Fright Pie - A-a-pple and Cracker Drac - aren't candy products (the first is a pie (pastry) in reality and the second is candy-coated popcorn and peanuts in reality),
*One of the postcards - Mellow Cup - doesn't have a horror theme; instead, it has a 1960s theme.

Pretty interesting, huh?

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #172 on: May 18, 2020, 12:34:47 PM »
Like a lot of people, I assume,  I am using some of the extra at home time (no commuting when working at home) to check through my WP collection using some of our excellent master list resources (Thanks Pat!). And, I really enjoy going through the Postcard sets again anyway. I did have a couple questions after going through the list...

1) I read through the thread here and didn't see this discussed unless I missed it. I see that the 8th series postcards has listed 8 artists bio cards, including George Wright. I do not have one of these. But, I do have a bio card for series 9 for him that appears to actually be a promo card for series 9. I will add some pics of it in a bit. It is labeled as "Wacky Packages artists series 9" but also has an upper right corner blip "Coming Summer 2012".  The background is different than the other series 9 bio cards, The title on the reverse of the card is of CLUBBED.  Is this the bio card noted in the Series 8 description or a different animal? Did this come included with one of the Series 8 sets?

2) Will the Wacky Packages Cereal 2015 and the April Fools Day 2020 sets eventually  make their way onto this list as well, or are they included in other master lists?

« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 12:39:20 PM by sco(o)t »

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: May 18, 2020, 04:26:17 PM »
1)  It is labeled as "Wacky Packages artists series 9" but also has an upper right corner blip "Coming Summer 2012". 

2) Will the Wacky Packages Cereal 2015 and the April Fools Day 2020 sets eventually  make their way onto this list as well, or are they included in other master lists?
the five 2015 SDCC cereal postcards are in the Bonus and Promo Master List
http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=1454.0

I'm scratching my head on that Clubbed card though?

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2020, 04:37:29 PM »
Patrick,

These are the notes in my Wacky Base system I entered at the time:

Wright Bio Card (Promo for PCS9) (Post Card Series 9)

anything