Author Topic: Wacky Packages Postcard Sets Master List  (Read 110024 times)

Offline Kook

Re: Wacky Packages Postcard Sets Master List
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2012, 09:10:59 PM »
Here's what I've found so far on the Limited Edition sets sell out times:

PC1 sold out in roughly 10 hours (100 sets)
PC4 sold out in roughly 9 days (200 sets)
PC5 sold out in roughly 6.5 hours (250 sets)
PC7 sold out in roughly 3 hours (500 sets)
PC8 sold out in roughly 13 days (999 sets)

Does that 4th series sell out time include some returns or other sets becoming available & selling again? I remember that 4th series being hot, especially with Smokin Joe's first combos. I can't believe it took 9 days to sell 200 sets.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2012, 04:33:22 AM »
Does that 4th series sell out time include some returns or other sets becoming available & selling again? I remember that 4th series being hot, especially with Smokin Joe's first combos. I can't believe it took 9 days to sell 200 sets.

I looked at posts on Greg's old forum, they showed an issue date of 10/9/2009, and a "sold out" post around 7:18 pm on the 18th.  There was an earlier post of "sold out" on the 16th, but then posts saying perhaps someone had sets in a cart that were released, and those last sets apparently lasted until the 18th.

Will continue to look for more date info, and make corrections as necessary.  Just had to stop last night, my eyes were about to fall out of my head.....

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2012, 06:09:13 AM »
Here's what I've found so far on the Limited Edition sets sell out times:

PC1 sold out in roughly 10 hours (100 sets)
PC4 sold out in roughly 9 days (200 sets)
PC5 sold out in roughly 6.5 hours (250 sets)
PC7 sold out in roughly 3 hours (500 sets)
PC8 sold out in roughly 13 days (999 sets)

I just looked up series 6 and came up with 2 hours and 10 minutes (300 sets)
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Kook

« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2012, 06:27:13 AM »
I looked at posts on Greg's old forum, they showed an issue date of 10/9/2009, and a "sold out" post around 7:18 pm on the 18th.  There was an earlier post of "sold out" on the 16th, but then posts saying perhaps someone had sets in a cart that were released, and those last sets apparently lasted until the 18th.

Will continue to look for more date info, and make corrections as necessary.  Just had to stop last night, my eyes were about to fall out of my head.....

Hi Pat, Thanks for checking into this. In personally remembering series 4, I can see how it may have taken a few days to sell out. Initially I was surprised that it wasn't hours, but this was the first series that had sketches "outside the box." Since no one was expecting that, it may have taken until people received their sketches & posted some of the image to realize that this series was very different than the one before. I would doubt that it would take much longer than a day or 2 after the sale - once people started posting their sketches to the forum. This was also the first series that I remember spending over $100 for a sketch (9 to life) & even over $200 for a smokin Joe combo. I can remember feeling very uncomfortable doing it (crazy actually). I didn't feel nearly as bad as the olds1 color sketches started topping $1000+. I guess everything is relative.

Offline Kook

« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2012, 06:31:34 AM »
I just looked up series 6 and came up with 2 hours and 10 minutes (300 sets)

Series 6 may have one of the shortest sell out times, but one of the longest delivery times. I would say we could also include the date of initial shipment/delivery of release 6B. I remember it was quite a cliffhanger there for a while waiting to hear about the outcome of the lost shipment. I wonder if it will ever turn up...

I also wonder if UPS has auctions similar to storage wars for lost or mislabeled packages. Someone could potentially make a serious score!!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2012, 05:02:13 PM »
Hi Pat, Thanks for checking into this. In personally remembering series 4, I can see how it may have taken a few days to sell out. Initially I was surprised that it wasn't hours, but this was the first series that had sketches "outside the box." Since no one was expecting that, it may have taken until people received their sketches & posted some of the image to realize that this series was very different than the one before. I would doubt that it would take much longer than a day or 2 after the sale - once people started posting their sketches to the forum. This was also the first series that I remember spending over $100 for a sketch (9 to life) & even over $200 for a smokin Joe combo. I can remember feeling very uncomfortable doing it (crazy actually). I didn't feel nearly as bad as the olds1 color sketches started topping $1000+. I guess everything is relative.

I agree, the surprise changes to the sketch cards introduced in Series 4 was the reason the sets lasted as long as they did.  With Series 1-3, even completists only needed to buy 3 sets and then trade.  I recall thinking that I'd be covered buying 5 sets, to get one from each artist, thinking that would also be one of each title, and wondering if I was nuts to spend that kind of money.  Then I was discouraged when I heard how scarce the Hoppy Meals were, and I don't believe I ordered any more.  Part of what contributed to the week plus timeframe was likely that there weren't so many people considering the limited sets like easy "triple your money" deals like they do now, and the prices were still causing some to wait and see what they got before blindly dropping another $200.  The buyers on the west coast probably didn't pay for overnight shipping either, adding to the extension.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2012, 09:07:29 PM »
I remember series 4 being harder to buy sets. Series 5 was impossible for me as I had to travel that day. I was lucky to even get a Fe sketches. Neil came thru to help me out with one set. The rest of the handful of sketches I have are for forum trades and eBay.

Offline RaMpB

« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2012, 02:26:24 AM »
can we update this list please?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2012, 05:04:31 AM »
can we update this list please?

Not until I'm sure of all my information.  I've started the changes, will post soon.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2012, 09:29:46 AM »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2012, 06:27:10 PM »
I finally got a Hoppy Meal sketch. These are really tough to find and were tough to pull.
eBay auction: #110981369645

Offline Kook

« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2012, 06:44:40 PM »
I finally got a Hoppy Meal sketch. These are really tough to find and were tough to pull.
eBay auction: #110981369645

Congrats! That is a tough one. I've seen Hoppy meal sketches go for 3 to 4 times that price in the past. I'm surprised it went so low!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2012, 06:48:33 PM »
Congrats! That is a tough one. I've seen Hoppy meal sketches go for 3 to 4 times that price in the past. I'm surprised it went so low!

I was too. I just put in a snipe about 2 hours ago and was surprised to win. I don't know how many hoppy meals Smokin Joe did but it was around 10-20.

Offline Smokin Joe

• "Get some for your honey"
    • Smokin' Joe's Art and Illustration
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2012, 07:56:27 PM »
Congrats and Wowser!! I never expected my little hoppy to become 'a holy grail' of sketch cards... or that my inability to draw the same thing twice would be credited with helping start the sketch card collecting craze (which, after drawing hundreds of those little  nightmares, has also contributed to my inability to open the wretched, claw like appendage I used to call my right hand).
I sit here drawing another batch of hundreds for ANS10, wondering what would happen if I only drew 'Hoppy' sketch cards fom now on... flooding the market with happy little Hoppy's? Would it help the sale of ANS10? Would it anger the collectors who did score their Hoppy cards already?  Hmmmm....

(And actually, it was Jay (in my mind, and in my car) who should be credited with crazing sketch cards... he drew all 3,500 (or a million, I get those confused) for the first Old School release. He remains the king of sketch cards in my book.

Thanks Jay,
    Smokin' joe
Smokin' Joe

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2012, 08:58:22 AM »
Joe, how many Hoppy sketch cards did you draw?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2012, 11:53:11 AM »

My info shows that Joe did approximately 10 Hoppy Meals (non-combos).

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2012, 01:29:10 PM »
My info shows that Joe did approximately 10 Hoppy Meals (non-combos).

I am hoppy to have pulled this one :)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2012, 02:12:48 PM »

Nice pull. Those were tough. I remember people scrambling to find one.

Weren't Baby Runt's tough also? I don't think I have one.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2012, 03:12:21 PM »

That's a nice one!  What number is it?  I've started something in the old Hoppy Meal thread so we can post what we've found and maybe see if there are more than 10 Hoppy Meal sketches.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2012, 05:06:49 PM »
That's a nice one!  What number is it?  I've started something in the old Hoppy Meal thread so we can post what we've found and maybe see if there are more than 10 Hoppy Meal sketches.

It's numbered 006/200

Offline Smokin Joe

• "Get some for your honey"
    • Smokin' Joe's Art and Illustration
« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2012, 08:00:43 PM »

That's a really good question. I can honestly say I don't know how many Hoppy sketch cards I drew. I don't think I scanned them before submitting them... I will check my files. That would make it easy to know for sure. I don't remember it being very many. The '10' number is in the ballpark.
  I have been scanning nearly all my sketch cards recently, and I can also tell you I am trying to do as few repeat characters as possible. The direction we (artists) get from Topps regarding sketch cards has been a little different for each release. Sometimes asking for a set number of specific characters and more recently letting artists do any published Wacky they want. I'm covering a wide range this time, so your favorites may surly be in there somwhere... including a couple new Hoppy Meal cards... maybe. Will Hoppy Meal combo up with Hippy trash bags? Or Hopeless Snowballs? Or Hop & Mop & Glop? The possibilities are endless!
   Smokin' Joe
Smokin' Joe

Offline dddepriest

« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2012, 09:28:05 AM »
Hi there - I started to collect the postcard sets recently, mainly for the bonus cards believe it or not, since I am such a Wacky collector I needed to have all of the regular-size cards to remain complete.  Anyway, the postcards themselves are very cool so now I am hooked on them too.

My questions are twofold, so I appreciate anyone willing to help out with their knowledge:

1) Is there a complete Master list of all the sets somewhere?  I see that RawGoo had posted a list through Series 8 (very helpful - thanks!) but I believe there have been several releases since then.   Any re-direction to a complete list would be welcome...especially helpful as I try to make sense of the confusing TS bonus card series.

2)  Are the Wacky's in the postcard sets totally unique and original to the postcards?   I am not that well-versed on recent Wacky's the know, but they are very good and deserve a wider release than this limited format, such as in ANS or Old School (if appropriate) andf would really like to see these as stickers.

Thanks for the help....

Derryl

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2012, 09:57:24 AM »
1) Is there a complete Master list of all the sets somewhere?  I see that RawGoo had posted a list through Series 8 (very helpful - thanks!) but I believe there have been several releases since then.   Any re-direction to a complete list would be welcome...especially helpful as I try to make sense of the confusing TS bonus card series.
that is a complete list - unless I've slept through a few releases  ;)

are you looking at the second message in this thread - the list message?

Offline dddepriest

« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2012, 11:09:46 AM »
Ah - great.  I was looking at a later one...so simple.  Thanks....and thank you, RawGoo.   

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2012, 12:22:34 PM »
Ah - great.  I was looking at a later one...so simple.  Thanks....and thank you, RawGoo.   

Pat ( RawGoo ) is doing a dynamite job with the Master List . KUDO's to her !!!!!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2012, 01:41:45 PM »
Hi there - I started to collect the postcard sets recently, mainly for the bonus cards believe it or not, since I am such a Wacky collector I needed to have all of the regular-size cards to remain complete.  Anyway, the postcards themselves are very cool so now I am hooked on them too.

My questions are twofold, so I appreciate anyone willing to help out with their knowledge:

1) Is there a complete Master list of all the sets somewhere?  I see that RawGoo had posted a list through Series 8 (very helpful - thanks!) but I believe there have been several releases since then.   Any re-direction to a complete list would be welcome...especially helpful as I try to make sense of the confusing TS bonus card series.

2)  Are the Wacky's in the postcard sets totally unique and original to the postcards?   I am not that well-versed on recent Wacky's the know, but they are very good and deserve a wider release than this limited format, such as in ANS or Old School (if appropriate) andf would really like to see these as stickers.

Thanks for the help....

Derryl

Hi  Derryl,

Glad to hear you like the postcards! I'm Neil, the original designer of the postcards and one of the artists. I think most people here will agree, the postcards are a nice compliment to the All New Series sets.

In answer to your first question, I rely on RawGoo (Pat) to keep us up to date with the master list. In fact, she keeps much better track of it than I do, so if you have any specific questions, I'd recommend asking her.

With regards to part 2 of your post, all of the titles in the postcard sets are completely unique. Originally, I wanted to include regular size equivalents of the postcards, but opted for sketch cards instead, since it's seemed more appropriate given the limited nature of the sets. Later in Series 4, we introduced the regular size artist bio cards and then in series 6, we finally released the mini postcards, which are regular size redraws of some of the titles that appear in the postcard sets. On a related note, there's always the possibility of releasing the postcards in a sticker format, but I'll leave that for a future discussion.

Have fun collecting and look for more postcard sets in 2013!
Neil
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 01:45:31 PM by koduck »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: December 24, 2012, 04:52:18 AM »
Glad people are finding the list useful!  Aside from adding the Halloween 2012 items, I also went through old invoices for issue prices, and added them for each series/item.  As always, if you spot an error, please LMK!

Offline OrangeCrush

« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2013, 12:54:07 PM »
Thanks for making this list available. Its extremely helpful, especially for someone like me that is basically just starting out again after taking a number of years off. I am absolutely LOVING the postcard series as I love the larger medium size. I just wish they would make the sets larger in size (12-20 postcards per set) and would make the sketch cards postcard sized. Thanks again!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2013, 02:19:53 PM »
Thanks for making this list available. Its extremely helpful, especially for someone like me that is basically just starting out again after taking a number of years off. I am absolutely LOVING the postcard series as I love the larger medium size. I just wish they would make the sets larger in size (12-20 postcards per set) and would make the sketch cards postcard sized. Thanks again!

When I'm finished sorting and trading Old School 4, my next Wacky project is to go through this list and add the artist info for the various bio cards.  Check back in a couple of weeks!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2013, 05:07:35 AM »
I've updated the master list (second post in this thread) to include Series 9 - please take a look and see if I've goofed anywhere.  I also added bio card names, as requested.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 05:31:33 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2013, 09:52:23 AM »
I've updated the master list (second post in this thread) to include Series 9 - please take a look and see if I've goofed anywhere.  I also added bio card names, as requested.

Hi Pat, do you plan on adding in the artists that did sketch cards for series 9 (limited and regular)?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2013, 04:38:25 AM »
Hi Pat, do you plan on adding in the artists that did sketch cards for series 9 (limited and regular)?

OK, I've taken the plunge and added sketch card artist names for all of the sets.  Hopefully I've got it right, but please check my work.  With some of the recent pulls of sketches on PC7 stock, I tweaked that a bit as well.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2013, 08:07:25 AM »
OK, I've taken the plunge and added sketch card artist names for all of the sets.  Hopefully I've got it right, but please check my work.  With some of the recent pulls of sketches on PC7 stock, I tweaked that a bit as well.

Everything looks correct Pat! THANK YOU for taking so much time to keep it updated!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2013, 05:12:14 AM »
I've got a preliminary write-up done for Halloween 2013.  I've noted 11 sketch artists, as follows:

Brower
Camera
Engstrom
Gambino
Graham
Kirscht
Parisi
Pingitore
Simko
Smokin' Joe
Zapata

Have I missed anyone?

I was figuring on adding the posters, since they are of the postcard art, but omitting the comic, since the only connection to the postcards seems to be the cover art.  Thoughts?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2013, 01:57:25 PM »

I was figuring on adding the posters, since they are of the postcard art, but omitting the comic, since the only connection to the postcards seems to be the cover art.  Thoughts?

I keep my comics with my postcards in the binder along with any sketches. It's kind of an anomaly.

anything