Author Topic: Wacky Packages Postcard Sets Master List  (Read 110068 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Wacky Packages Postcard Sets Master List
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2011, 10:28:59 PM »
I know I bought a bunch of them to get the Halloween cards, need to see if I still have the packing slips - wouldn't give us an absolute end date, but it would at least be something.

I never knew these were offered other than the limited release. Are you sure?

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2011, 03:55:37 AM »
I never knew these were offered other than the limited release. Are you sure?

The Bricks thread on the other forum seemed pretty clear that the cards were in both types of sets, and I remember buying single sets trying to get a Bricks card.

For anyone interested in dates, the lastest invoice I have for a single PC4 set is dated 11/27/2009, so the H1-H3 were apparently still available then.

I've used my old invoices to add some more date info to the list, and I've made some changes to the Halloween 2009 and 2011 sections.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 05:52:37 AM by RawGoo »

Offline RaMpB

« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2012, 06:44:37 AM »
List is greatly appreciated Pat and just another reason why I love the people in this hobby!
Thank you

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2012, 07:56:04 AM »
List is greatly appreciated Pat and just another reason why I love the people in this hobby!
Thank you

I'm glad to make a contribution!  Just in case anyone missed it, I did update the list to include the Loaffy Taffy promo postcard from The Wrapper.

Offline Kook

« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2012, 07:08:29 AM »
I'm glad to make a contribution!  Just in case anyone missed it, I did update the list to include the Loaffy Taffy promo postcard from The Wrapper.

Hi Pat,
Very nice work. It's a great reference. Would you consider including the pcm1 to 3 mini postcard set & wasn't there a pcm4 too? Also I remember a weakies postcard promoting something recently. Would that belog here?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2012, 08:09:23 AM »
Hi Pat,
Very nice work. It's a great reference. Would you consider including the pcm1 to 3 mini postcard set & wasn't there a pcm4 too? Also I remember a weakies postcard promoting something recently. Would that belog here?

I do see the four PCM postcards in her list, unless she just added them.  Look in series 7 and the 2011 Halloween series for them.   
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Kook

« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2012, 08:36:51 AM »
I do see the four PCM postcards in her list, unless she just added them.  Look in series 7 and the 2011 Halloween series for them.   
That was my mistake. I missed the pcm1-4 run. I didn't see the weakies promo postcard though.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2012, 09:01:00 AM »
That was my mistake. I missed the pcm1-4 run. I didn't see the weakies promo postcard though.
Bill, I think Pat mentions why this was left off of the Postcard list in this post:
http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=727.msg33995#msg33995

Offline Kook

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2012, 09:33:02 AM »
"ReSee's Peepers" was distributed at the Philly show, but the reverse clearly indicates that it is a promo for the Wacky Postcard series - the Wacky Postcard logo is right there.  I'll attach a scan.

I don't know that the Philly show connection makes the Fantastink card a Postcard series related Wacky.

Categorization is getting confusing.  For example, I don't consider the recent Weakies poster art promo card to go with the Wacky Postcard series'; it's a promo for Topps Vault that just happens to be postcard size, and the reverse makes no mention at all of the Wacky Postcard Series.  Along those lines, I should probably remove the 2009 Halloween sketchcards from this Postcard Master List, as they were not related to a postcard issue, and do not reference the Postcard Series on either the front or back.

Any toughts?

Thanks Bigtomi for directing me to this post regarding the weakies postcard. Maybe there should be 1 more "Miscellaneous or Other" list for all items that are officially released topps items, but not directly related to an ANS, OLDS or Postcard series. This would include the Weakies promo postcard, Neil's fantastink card, and I know I have at least a couple of other promo cards not directly related to the 3 big categories. I'll have to check & provide an update later. Neil's 2009 halloween sketch giveaways could also possibly be moved to this list.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2012, 09:46:59 AM »
Thanks Bigtomi for directing me to this post regarding the weakies postcard. Maybe there should be 1 more "Miscellaneous or Other" list for all items that are officially released topps items, but not directly related to an ANS, OLDS or Postcard series. This would include the Weakies promo postcard, Neil's fantastink card, and I know I have at least a couple of other promo cards not directly related to the 3 big categories. I'll have to check & provide an update later. Neil's 2009 halloween sketch giveaways could also possibly be moved to this list.

We could add the "Loaffy Taffy postcard to the miscellaneous list as well.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2012, 10:34:49 AM »

Can someone help me with what Philly show the Resee's Peepers postcard released at?  I believe it was either the October 2010 show or the May 2011 show but I'm not sure.  I tried searching "resee's peepers" but it comes up empty.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2012, 10:51:55 AM »
Can someone help me with what Philly show the Resee's Peepers postcard released at?  I believe it was either the October 2010 show or the May 2011 show but I'm not sure.  I tried searching "resee's peepers" but it comes up empty.

I am pretty sure it was MAY 2010 SHOW - I WAS AT THE OCT SHOW AND DIDN'T GET IT THEN..
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:59:41 AM by Hustler08 »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2012, 12:54:31 PM »
I am pretty sure it was MAY 2010 SHOW - I WAS AT THE OCT SHOW AND DIDN'T GET IT THEN..

Great, thanks!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2012, 02:23:38 PM »
We could add the "Loaffy Taffy postcard to the miscellaneous list as well.

Loafy Taffy could be added to a miscellaneous list, but I believe it still also belongs in the Postcard list because the back has the Wacky Packages Postcards logo.

Can someone help me with what Philly show the Resee's Peepers postcard released at?  I believe it was either the October 2010 show or the May 2011 show but I'm not sure.  I tried searching "resee's peepers" but it comes up empty.

Spring 2010 Philly promo postcard Peepers (May 1-2, 2010)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2012, 05:23:17 PM »
Loafy Taffy could be added to a miscellaneous list, but I believe it still also belongs in the Postcard list because the back has the Wacky Packages Postcards logo.

I agree, Loafy and Baby Wrath should be in the Postcard list.  The way I have my collection broken out, is I have all of the postcard series in the same binder including these two titles, and then I have a Misc. 2004+ binder that has all of the Philly promo series and Fantastink card, as well as the Abrams cards and Eraser series.

Offline Go_Bum

« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2012, 03:54:18 PM »
I’d like to chime in with the others and say thank you Pat for making this list. I’ve only been in the hobby for 3 months so comprehensive lists like this make life simpler in this hobby.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2012, 04:09:08 PM »
I’d like to chime in with the others and say thank you Pat for making this list. I’ve only been in the hobby for 3 months so comprehensive lists like this make life simpler in this hobby.

Yep, she's the greatest!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2012, 06:03:21 PM »
any thoughts about the addition of original topps store prices, where applicable?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2012, 06:16:30 PM »
any thoughts about the addition of original topps store prices, where applicable?

You know what else would be nice to add is the # of sets limit per customer, although I haven't been keeping track of that.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2012, 03:45:01 AM »
You know what else would be nice to add is the # of sets limit per customer, although I haven't been keeping track of that.

I plan to update the list this weekend to include PC8, and should be able to get prices and limits from my invoices. 

Offline RaMpB

« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2012, 05:26:03 AM »
List edited, and updated to include 2011 Halloween set - 10/30/2011
Miscellaneous modifications - 11/2011
Added Loaffy Taffy 01/2012

SERIES 1 (Sale date 11/21/2007):
Limited Editon:
- 100 signed/numbered postcard sets (Dracky Packages, Quacky Packages, Weaky Packages)
- Envelope with grey logo
- 100 numbered sketch cards based on the 3 titles

Regular Edition:
- Standard postcard sets (different verbiage on back/copyright on front).
- Envelope with red logo.

SERIES 2 (Sale date 7/11/2008):
Limited Edition:
- 250 Signed/numbered postcard sets (Cheatas, Swiss Moose, Mummy D)
- Envelope with yellow logo
- 250 numbered sketch cards based on the 3 titles
TS1 Bonus card - Mutty Bars

Regular Edition:
- Standard postcard sets (different verbiage on back/copyright on front)
- Envelope with yellow logo
TS1 Bonus card - Mutty Bars

SERIES 3 (Sale date 5/11/2009):
Limited Edition:
- 200 Signed/numbered postcard sets (Eerio, Bassquick, Gloomy Bears)
- Envelope with green logo
- 200 numbered sketch cards based on the 3 titles
- TS2 Bonus card - Grave Nuts

Regular Edition:
- Envelope with green logo
- TS3 Bonus card - Clucky Soup

SERIES 4 (Sale date 10/11/2009):
Limited Edition:
- 200 limited edition postcard sets (9 to Life, Dead & Buried, Rex Mix, Bugweiser, Molten Crisp)
- Envelope with blue logo
- Certificate of Authenticity, numbered to match sketch
- 200 numbered sketch cards based on 9 to Life, Dead & Buried, Rex Mix, 7 Pup, Molten Crisp, and Hoppy Meal
- 200 sets of 5 bio cards
- TS4 Bonus card - Hoppy Meal

Regular Edition:
- Envelope with blue logo
- TS5 Bonus card - 7 Pup

HALLOWEEN POSTCARDS/TRADING CARDS (2009):
- Halloween postcard -Philly Show Edition: (Ghostess, Bricks, Bots), says "Tricky Treat!" in black inside white burst under Wacky Packages logo on reverse; a few were also included with Series 4.
- Halloween postcard - regular release with Series 4: (Ghostess, Bricks, Bots), says "Tricked Out!" in white inside orange burst under Wacky Packages logo on reverse.  Glossier front finish that the "Tricky Treat!" version.
- Halloween Trading cards: 3 different titles released with all Series 4 limited edition sets and with Series 4 regular postcard sets while supplies lasted (H1- Ghostess; H2 - Bricks; H3 - Bots); one random card included with each set.

- Approximately 50 Halloween sketch cards based on Ghostess, Bricks and Bots, distributed by the artist, Neil Camera.

PROMO CARDS (2009):
- Series 5 Croca Cola promo card - with "Coming Winter 2010"
- Series 5 Croca Cola promo card - with "Coming February 2010"
- Series 5 Croca Cola promo sticker - with "Coming February 2010" on front (white back)

SERIES 5 (Sale date 3/1/2010):
Limited Edition:
- 250 limited edition postcard sets (Tombs, Wander, Taco Bill, Klepto, Stench Berries)
- Envelope with orange logo
- 250 numbered sketch cards based on Tombs, Wander, Klepto, Stench Berries, Gaggin' Strips and Speed Lick
- 250 sets of 6 bio cards
- TS6 Bonus card – Gaggin' Strips

Regular Edition:
- Envelope with orange logo
- TS7 Bonus card – Speed Lick

Spring 2010 Philly promo postcard Peepers (May 1-2, 2010)
- Reverse has the Wacky Packages Postcards logo, as well as the Philly show logo and date
- Numbered NS1

WACKY PACKAGES POSTCARD COLLECTOR'S KIT:
- Official Deluxe-Edition Collectors Binder
- Exclusive Wacky Packages Postcards Souvenir Stamps Sheet

SERIES 6 (Sale date 7/2/2010):
Limited Edition*:
- 300 limited edition postcard sets (Game of Lice, Rolling Croc, Captain Moron, Alpha Bytes, Maulboro)
- Pink wrapper, numbered to match sketch
- 300 numbered sketch cards based on Game of Lice, Rolling Croc, Captain Moron, Alpha Bytes, Maulboro, H8 and Philly’s Runt
- 300 sets of 5 bio cards
- TS9 Bonus card – Philly’s Runt

* Due to a lost delivery, Limited Edition postcard sets were issued as two separate ‘phases’.  Phase 1, also known as 6A, includes sets numbered 1 through 150, and Phase 2, also known as 6B includes sets 151 through 300.  Differences are as follows:

- Phase 1 LE postcards have a white Topps logo on the reverse, and Phase 2 LE postcards have a red Topps logo on the reverse
- Phase 1 COAs have “Limited Edition Postcards” in black, and Phase 2 COAs have “Limited Edition Postcards” in pink
- Phase 1 wrappers have the set number in white in a pink oval, and Phase 2 wrappers have the set number in pink in a white oval
- Phase 1 sketch cards have the Wacky Packages logo in yellow, and Phase 2 sketch cards have the Wacky Packages logo in red

Regular Edition:
- Envelope with pink logo
- TS8 Bonus card – H8

HALLOWEEN 2010 POSTCARDS (Sale date 10/20/2010):
- 500 Halloween postcard sets (Kackel, Mellow Cup, Mike and Yikes, Boozooka, Stake 5, Starbeast/Tootsie Troll combo)
- Orange wrapper with spiderweb pattern, unnumbered
- 500 numbered sketch cards based on Kackel, Mellow Cup, Mike and Yikes, Boozooka, Stake 5, Starbeast, Tootsie Troll and Mr. Ghoulbar*
- 500 bio cards total; each postcard set included only the bio card for the artist whose sketch card was in the pack (7 different artists)
- TS10 Bonus card – Mr. Ghoulbar

*Note: each of the 7 artists created 6 colored sketch cards, where the “Postcards” logo at the top of the sketch card is in red, instead of black.  In addition, the copyright line at the bottom of a colored sketch card specifies “color sketch.”

SERIES 7
Limited Edition (Sale date 6/23/2011):
- 500 sets of unnumbered limited edition postcards (Old Spikes, Glooberry, Flabbenbelly, Romaine, Count Cluckula, Ruffs), with each postcard marked as “limited Edition” on the reverse, and signed by the artist on the reverse
- Certificate of Authenticity, numbered
- Red envelope, decorated to match postcard titles
- 500 unnumbered sketch cards based on Old Spikes, Glooberry, Flabbenbelly, Romaine, Count Cluckula, Ruffs, and Cap’n Clunk*
- 1,000 bio cards total; each set contained 2 of 6 different artist bio cards
- TS12 Bonus card – Marigold Whip
- Special Wacky Packages Postcard poster

*Note: each of the 7 artists created a few color sketches; the copyright line on the reverse of these color sketches specifies “color sketch.”

Regular Edition (Sale date 6/24/2011):
- Standard postcards, no signature box on reverse, and with copyright on front
- Red envelope, decorated to match postcard titles (identical to LE set envelope)
- TS11 Bonus card – Cap’n Clunk
- Three mini postcards, one with each two regular edition sets purchased:  PCM1 – Glooberry; PCM2 – Count Cluckula; PCM3 – Flabbenbelly.  The art on these cards differs from the postcards themselves, and may be color/conceptual roughs.

HALLOWEEN POSTCARDS (Sale date 10/14/11):
- 650* Halloween postcard sets (Ork, Bog Red, Hairy Mane, Alltoads, Human Heads, Witchamacallit, Hairi-Boo/Cracker Drac combo), with each postcard marked as “limited Edition” on the reverse, and signed by the artist on the reverse
- Certificate of Authenticity, numbered
- Purple wrapper with spiderweb pattern, unnumbered
- 650 numbered sketch cards based on Ork, Bog Red, Hairy Mane, Alltoads, Human Heads, Witchamacallit, Hairi-Boo, Cracker Drac, and Toothie Roll (7 different artists)**
- 1,300 bio cards total; each postcard set included 2 bio cards (8 different artists)
- TS13 Bonus card – Toothie Roll
- One mini postcard in each postcard set: PCM4 – Cracker Drac.  The art on this card is Jay Lynch's concept art for the title.

*Note: Although the online sale webpage stated 660 sets, it is believed that only 650 were produced, based upon the Certificate of Authenticity stating set # __ of 650.  Furthermore, no sets numbered higher than 650 have been reported to date.

** Note: The only exact sketch count known is that Jay Lynch created 50 b/w Hairy Mane sketches for this set – those sketches were reproduced in Wacky Packages Comics No. 1, described below.  Brent Engstrom is believed to have produced 150 b/w sketches.  There were a small number of color sketches produced for this series, as well as a handful of glow-in-the-dark sketches (Neil Camera).  There is no difference in the copyright or card stock for the color or glow-in-the-dark sketches relative to the black and white sketches.

Wacky Packages Comics No. 1 (First sale date October 22, 2011):
- 650 limited edition books, numbered on Page 2 and signed by Jay Lynch on the inside rear cover (Page 17)
- The 50 b/w sketches created by Jay Lynch for the 2011 Halloween Postcard set are presented in this postcard-sized comic book as a continuous story.  The front cover of the book states “as chronicled by Jay Lynch for Wacky Packages Postcards.” 
- The rear cover of the book is a “souvenir postcard,” numbered WC1, with a Wacky Packages Comics Postcard logo and a signature box on the inside.  Rear cover art, which would be the souvenir postcard front, is a color concept illustration of Hairy Mane by Jay Lynch.

Fall 2011 Philly promo postcard Baby Wrath (October 22-23, 2011)
- Reverse art matches Wacky Halloween Postcards 2011, with the relocation of the shoptopps.com logo to immediately beneath the Wacky logo at the top left, and a Philly show logo at the bottom left, in place of the artist signature box.
- Numbered NS2

December 2011 The Wrapper Magazine issue #264 (Jan.1-Feb 15, 2012) exclusive postcard Loaffy Taffy
- Reverse art includes the Wacky Packages Postcards logo at the top left, and a box at the bottom left stating "Presented by shoptopps.com exclusively for The Wrapper."
- Available by sending postage costs to the editor of The Wrapper, with or without purchase of the magazine issue.
- Unnumbered

Hi, can you please add 8?
thank you :)

Offline RaMpB

« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2012, 05:28:03 AM »
plus the artists bio cards & promo

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2012, 09:53:07 AM »
Not sure whether my additions are showing up as a change, but they're there.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2012, 10:14:16 AM »
Not sure whether my additions are showing up as a change, but they're there.

It shows when you last edited your post. It doesn't highlight changes though.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2012, 04:46:39 AM »
It shows when you last edited your post. It doesn't highlight changes though.

I know, it should now show last Sunday, 5/13/12, as the last edit.  Just remembered yesterday I needed to make a post to get the 'New' flag for users to see so they'd go look at the second post with the additions (PC8 and the new Philly promo). 

Thought I had made the changes last month, but apparently I never posted them - Sorry for the delay .

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2012, 10:36:26 AM »

Thought I had made the changes last month, but apparently I never posted them - Sorry for the delay .

I think I speak for everyone here that we'll let it slide this time.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2012, 11:16:39 AM »
I know, it should now show last Sunday, 5/13/12, as the last edit.  Just remembered yesterday I needed to make a post to get the 'New' flag for users to see so they'd go look at the second post with the additions (PC8 and the new Philly promo). 

You've done an awesome job. I was just looking at my PC's over the weekend and got a bit confused as to what bonus stuff came with some series. It really is a lot to keep track of.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2012, 01:40:57 PM »
You've done an awesome job. I was just looking at my PC's over the weekend and got a bit confused as to what bonus stuff came with some series. It really is a lot to keep track of.

Did anyone keep track of the set limit per customer?  I have documented a lot on the postcard series but that's one piece of info I haven't taken notes on. 

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2012, 02:59:45 PM »
Did anyone keep track of the set limit per customer?  I have documented a lot on the postcard series but that's one piece of info I haven't taken notes on.  

I just added what I believe are the correct numbers.  If I've goofed, someone please LMK!

Offline Kook

« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2012, 05:14:24 PM »

This is an invaluable reference. Thanks Pat!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:17:24 PM by Kook »

Offline Kook

« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2012, 05:17:08 PM »
Did anyone keep track of the set limit per customer?  I have documented a lot on the postcard series but that's one piece of info I haven't taken notes on. 

I wonder if it's overkill, or if it's even possible to know the on sale times & sell out times for the series... I think the first series sold out quickly. I don't know about the 2nd, but I know the 3rd was available for a while (at least a week or more. I believe from the 4th through the 7th (including Halloween releases), it was a matter of hours, and the 8th was a matter of a couple of weeks.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2012, 06:03:41 PM »
I wonder if it's overkill, or if it's even possible to know the on sale times & sell out times for the series... I think the first series sold out quickly. I don't know about the 2nd, but I know the 3rd was available for a while (at least a week or more. I believe from the 4th through the 7th (including Halloween releases), it was a matter of hours, and the 8th was a matter of a couple of weeks.

I don't think anyone has kept track of it but the info should all be on the forums with some digging.  I guess series 1-4 (maybe 5) would be on Greg's old forum and the rest would be here.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2012, 06:40:33 PM »

Pat should get a medal... and a blue ribbon...and a gold star!!!

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2012, 07:01:50 PM »
Pat should get a medal... and a blue ribbon...and a gold star!!!

OR a Gold bordered WACKY!!! ;D ;D ;D

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2012, 07:47:55 PM »

Here's what I've found so far on the Limited Edition sets sell out times:

PC1 sold out in roughly 10 hours (100 sets)
PC4 sold out in roughly 9 days (200 sets)
PC5 sold out in roughly 6.5 hours (250 sets)
PC7 sold out in roughly 3 hours (500 sets)
PC8 sold out in roughly 13 days (999 sets)

anything