Author Topic: Wacky Packages Postcard Sets Master List  (Read 110010 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: Wacky Packages Postcard Sets Master List
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2011, 05:24:20 PM »
Right, it DOES make a reference to the Philly Show, but to me, the Wacky Packages Postcards logo on the reverse makes it a postcard promo.  I can remove if from the list if that's what most people here think, but I really do think it belongs here - the limited distribution and association with a card show shouldn't trump the series logo.

You could go either way with it.  it really doesn't matter too much either way so leave it in.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2011, 05:52:26 PM »
            [expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/PeepersBack.jpg[/expando]   [expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/Peepers.jpg[/expando]
I just love Peepers and happy a forum member owns the art. It's just so simple but so effective.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2011, 01:49:45 PM »
wasn't sure if there was really anywhere else to post this -
but I noticed this week that the standard Postcard Set #3 is now "Out of Stock" at toppsonline. The only one of the 7 sets to do so, I think? I wonder if they will print more, or leave it Sold Out?

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2011, 01:39:53 PM »
We need an update to the master list to include Holloween 2011. Anyone?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2011, 02:47:49 PM »
We need an update to the master list to include Holloween 2011. Anyone?

Pat (Raw Goo) told me she will work on that this week!  She's been doing a good job keeping up with it.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2011, 03:09:06 PM »
Pat (Raw Goo) told me she will work on that this week!  She's been doing a good job keeping up with it.

Yep, I've adopted this list, and will have it updated shortly.  I really wanted to wait until after the show, and yesterday was errand catch-up day.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2011, 06:12:21 AM »
I've updated the list in the second post of this thread to include the recent goodies.  Please take a look and let me know if I've goofed, or omitted anything.

I took a while on this, wondering about the inclusion of the comic, and eventually decided it belonged on the list, but we can certainly debate the issue.

One change people might not notice is that while scrutinizing things for the new Halloween additions, I realized that what I thought was a code (NS1) on the reverse of the Peepers promo postcard from last year was apparently actually a card number!  The Baby Wrath promo postcard says NS2 in the exact same spot on the reverse.

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2011, 06:35:09 AM »
One change people might not notice is that while scrutinizing things for the new Halloween additions, I realized that what I thought was a code (NS1) on the reverse of the Peepers promo postcard from last year was apparently actually a card number!  The Baby Wrath promo postcard says NS2 in the exact same spot on the reverse.
nice.
I'm guessing it's for Non Sport. I see the NS2 listed on their list of promo cards for the show.
http://www.nonsportupdate.com/philly_promos.htm

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2011, 06:41:08 AM »
Please take a look and let me know if I've goofed, or omitted anything.
Brent's page has some great info
the PCM4 art is Jay Lynch's original concept drawing for Cracker Drac
and counting the sketches, it looks like Brent drew 150

http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com/2011/10/wacky-packages-halloween-2011-sketch.html

http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com/2011/10/wacky-packages-halloween-2011-postcard.html

corrected the links to Brent's blog
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 12:44:04 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2011, 07:33:35 AM »
I've updated the list in the second post of this thread to include the recent goodies.  Please take a look and let me know if I've goofed, or omitted anything.

I took a while on this, wondering about the inclusion of the comic, and eventually decided it belonged on the list, but we can certainly debate the issue.
This list is great Pat, thanks for putting all that work in.  I'd keep the comic on the list, to my mind, more information is good!

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2011, 02:40:56 PM »
All "year" designations added as of today (I'll add specific dates they went on sale if anyone has them).  The stamp sheet was already listed, with the binder, just below Peepers.  

As for Fantastink, I don't think it belongs in the Postcard Master List, as it doesn't seem to be at all related to the Wacky Postcard series - it's a promo card produced by the Philly Show promoters showcasing Neil as an artist.  
I agree with you Pat, Fantastink is part of the "Philly Non Sports Show" card series focusing on Neil as an artist. Those cards are cool as I am collecting them in the side.
 As for your master list it is Fantastink, I mean Fantastic !!!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2011, 04:25:46 PM »
This list is great Pat, thanks for putting all that work in.  I'd keep the comic on the list, to my mind, more information is good!

I agree. The comic belongs in the list because a) it's made up of sketch cards from a PC release, and b) it has a postcard on the back.

Thanks for keeping the list up to date!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2011, 01:32:26 AM »
I agree. The comic belongs in the list because a) it's made up of sketch cards from a PC release, and b) it has a postcard on the back.

That was my reasoning as well.

Thanks for keeping the list up to date!

You're welcome!  I enjoy making my little contribution here, and I hope there will be lots more to add!!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2011, 03:37:49 AM »
Pat, this is a great list to keep track of everything!

I assume the Weakies postcard title in the 2011 HPC shipment is considered an advertisement for Topps Vault art auctions?

(BTW, I found it curious the date of the beginning of the auction is August 8, and also the scroll like sheet of paper coming off the bottom of the wavy cereal box)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2011, 01:18:30 PM »
Pat, this is a great list to keep track of everything!

I assume the Weakies postcard title in the 2011 HPC shipment is considered an advertisement for Topps Vault art auctions?

(BTW, I found it curious the date of the beginning of the auction is August 8, and also the scroll like sheet of paper coming off the bottom of the wavy cereal box)

Yep, I left the Weakies card off the list because, while it is postcard sized, it makes no mention or reference to the Wacky Postcard series.  When I got mine from Willie a couple of months ago, I really looked at it, and it just didn't refer to postcards at all.  I'm not even sure if it belongs on the Wacky Packages promo list, since it's an auction promo, not a series promo, but I think that's probably the best place for it.  Of course, I can always add it to the postcard master list if that's what everyone wants.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2011, 05:16:47 PM »
Yep, I left the Weakies card off the list because, while it is postcard sized, it makes no mention or reference to the Wacky Postcard series.  When I got mine from Willie a couple of months ago, I really looked at it, and it just didn't refer to postcards at all.  I'm not even sure if it belongs on the Wacky Packages promo list, since it's an auction promo, not a series promo, but I think that's probably the best place for it.  Of course, I can always add it to the postcard master list if that's what everyone wants.

I think it's worthy of an asterisk mention on the list since it is a postcard format.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2011, 10:17:24 AM »
Yep, I've adopted this list, and will have it updated shortly.  I really wanted to wait until after the show, and yesterday was errand catch-up day.

I have something that is not on the list. A sketch by Mark Parisi based on Mr. Ghoulbar (Halloween 2010).
Also regarding the Halloween 2009 trading cards; there was also one released with the limited edition series 4 postcard set as well as the regular edition.
Very nice job on this list; it is a great reference!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2011, 05:40:18 PM »
I have something that is not on the list. A sketch by Mark Parisi based on Mr. Ghoulbar (Halloween 2010).
Also regarding the Halloween 2009 trading cards; there was also one released with the limited edition series 4 postcard set as well as the regular edition.
Very nice job on this list; it is a great reference!

Major oops on my part with the Halloween 2010 Mr. Ghoulbar sketches, thanks for the catch!  I have one of those sketches myself.  The list in post #2 has now been updated to include that sketch title.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with Halloween 2009 - any chance you could post a scan (front and back)?  That section is the one I have the most trouble with, as items were released so many different ways, but yet were all Halloween related.  It's possible that I have the item you're referring to listed, but just not quite where you're expecting it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 05:45:20 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2011, 04:10:28 AM »
Major oops on my part with the Halloween 2010 Mr. Ghoulbar sketches, thanks for the catch!  I have one of those sketches myself.  The list in post #2 has now been updated to include that sketch title.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with Halloween 2009 - any chance you could post a scan (front and back)?  That section is the one I have the most trouble with, as items were released so many different ways, but yet were all Halloween related.  It's possible that I have the item you're referring to listed, but just not quite where you're expecting it.

The first Halloween post card came with the series 4 postcard set in 2009. With each set of postcards, (regular and limited edition), there was also one of three halloween trading cards H1- Ghostess, H2- Bricks, or H3- Bots. The original list has the trading card as coming in the regular postcard set only. Really a minor thing! Thanks so much for doing this master list.

Speaking of master list; does anyone do them for ANS and Old School since Greg does not do them any more?

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2011, 04:24:59 AM »
I put this Halloween 2011 sketch card on ebay last night.   http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260897496992

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2011, 04:56:35 AM »
The first Halloween post card came with the series 4 postcard set in 2009. With each set of postcards, (regular and limited edition), there was also one of three halloween trading cards H1- Ghostess, H2- Bricks, or H3- Bots. The original list has the trading card as coming in the regular postcard set only. Really a minor thing! Thanks so much for doing this master list.

Speaking of master list; does anyone do them for ANS and Old School since Greg does not do them any more?

OK, you're talking about the black postcard with Bots, Bricks and Ghostess Fright Pies, and the regular sized orange border cards of those titles, right?  These are on my list, but not under the heading of PC4, really because of the way they were distributed.  In fact, check the section of my list that says Halloween 2009, directly after PC4, and you'll see that there are actually 2 versions of that Halloween postcard, one which was primarily distributed at a card show with 'Tricky Treat' on the back, and the much more common 'Tricked Out' version that was mailed with PC4.  Problem there is, I know for a fact that at least one 'Tricky' version was included in a PC4 set.  Because of that, and the special Halloween sketch cards that were done separately from PC4, I put all the Halloween 2009 items into a separate category.  I've been debating with myself since the latest set about putting some of these items in the PC4 section.  Maybe I should just sort of combine them.

There are a number of other 'master lists' here, just scroll down through the thread titles and you should spot ANS8, and some others.  We had discussed a child board for master lists, maybe that will help people find them.

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2011, 07:11:18 AM »
OK, you're talking about the black postcard with Bots, Bricks and Ghostess Fright Pies, and the regular sized orange border cards of those titles, right?  These are on my list, but not under the heading of PC4, really because of the way they were distributed.  In fact, check the section of my list that says Halloween 2009, directly after PC4, and you'll see that there are actually 2 versions of that Halloween postcard, one which was primarily distributed at a card show with 'Tricky Treat' on the back, and the much more common 'Tricked Out' version that was mailed with PC4.  Problem there is, I know for a fact that at least one 'Tricky' version was included in a PC4 set.  Because of that, and the special Halloween sketch cards that were done separately from PC4, I put all the Halloween 2009 items into a separate category.  I've been debating with myself since the latest set about putting some of these items in the PC4 section.  Maybe I should just sort of combine them.

There are a number of other 'master lists' here, just scroll down through the thread titles and you should spot ANS8, and some others.  We had discussed a child board for master lists, maybe that will help people find them.

OK, I feel silly beating this tiny thing to death.... but here goes:
The list reads:
- Halloween Trading cards: 3 different titles released with Series 4 regular edition postcard sets (H1- Ghostess; H2 - Bricks; H3 - Bots); one random card included with each set
All I am saying is it should read:
- Halloween Trading cards: 3 different titles released with Series 4 regular and limited edition postcard sets (H1- Ghostess; H2 - Bricks; H3 - Bots); one random card included with each set

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2011, 07:32:58 AM »
OK, I feel silly beating this tiny thing to death.... but here goes:
The list reads:
- Halloween Trading cards: 3 different titles released with Series 4 regular edition postcard sets (H1- Ghostess; H2 - Bricks; H3 - Bots); one random card included with each set
All I am saying is it should read:
- Halloween Trading cards: 3 different titles released with Series 4 regular and limited edition postcard sets (H1- Ghostess; H2 - Bricks; H3 - Bots); one random card included with each set

I don't remember the non-limited sets having the H1-3 bonus cards but I just checked my info sheet and it does show that it was.  If you go to buy a series 4 non-limited set now they don't show the "H" bonus cards as part of the set though.  Was this just for a short time period that they were sold that way?

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2011, 08:07:49 AM »
I don't remember the non-limited sets having the H1-3 bonus cards but I just checked my info sheet and it does show that it was.  If you go to buy a series 4 non-limited set now they don't show the "H" bonus cards as part of the set though.  Was this just for a short time period that they were sold that way?

That is a good question Rob. Maybe they don't include them now since that Halloween series is two years old now. I have recently been organizing my postcard stuff while cross referencing to the list in this thread and realized that I had more of the H1-3 cards than I should have had if I only got one with each regular version and quickly realized I got one with either version when I bought them.

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2011, 08:38:03 AM »
That is a good question Rob. Maybe they don't include them now since that Halloween series is two years old now. I have recently been organizing my postcard stuff while cross referencing to the list in this thread and realized that I had more of the H1-3 cards than I should have had if I only got one with each regular version and quickly realized I got one with either version when I bought them.
looking at what I bought, I confirm that also.
since the H1-3 are no longer available with the regular edition postcards, how about a slight tweak to what you posted. How's this?

- Halloween Trading cards: 3 different titles released with all Series 4 limited edition sets and with Series 4 regular postcard sets while supplies lasted (H1- Ghostess; H2 - Bricks; H3 - Bots); one random card included with each set

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2011, 09:12:47 AM »

What info sheet are you checking?  I'll see if I can find an old thread - I thought only the non-limited PC4 sets came with the H1-H3 cards, much like what Topps did with the mini postcards with PC7, but one card per set, with random distribution.

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2011, 09:25:10 AM »
looking at what I bought, I confirm that also.
since the H1-3 are no longer available with the regular edition postcards, how about a slight tweak to what you posted. How's this?

- Halloween Trading cards: 3 different titles released with all Series 4 limited edition sets and with Series 4 regular postcard sets while supplies lasted (H1- Ghostess; H2 - Bricks; H3 - Bots); one random card included with each set

That is perfect.

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2011, 09:27:46 AM »
What info sheet are you checking?  I'll see if I can find an old thread - I thought only the non-limited PC4 sets came with the H1-H3 cards, much like what Topps did with the mini postcards with PC7, but one card per set, with random distribution.

I definitely got one with either limited edition or regular when purchased right when released. That is one thing about Topps; what you get with what series is always changing.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2011, 10:13:02 AM »
OK, took me a while, but based upon old threads, I'm convinced the H1, H2 & H3 were included with the limited PC4 sets, as well as the regular editions.  Will update the master list shortly.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2011, 11:40:41 AM »
OK, took me a while, but based upon old threads, I'm convinced the H1, H2 & H3 were included with the limited PC4 sets, as well as the regular editions.  Will update the master list shortly.

I knew they were in the limited sets for sure.  The part I must had forgotten was that they were in the non-limited sets because they are considered pretty rare now.  They must not have done it very long.  We should review the old PC4 thread to see if we can confirm they came with the non-limited sets.

The "info sheets" I was referring to are what I use in my binder books before each series.  I include everything that came with the series as well as a summary of the series.  If I don't do it soon after the release of a series I forget because my memory is so bad.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2011, 01:47:30 PM »
I knew they were in the limited sets for sure.  The part I must had forgotten was that they were in the non-limited sets because they are considered pretty rare now.  They must not have done it very long.  We should review the old PC4 thread to see if we can confirm they came with the non-limited sets.

The "info sheets" I was referring to are what I use in my binder books before each series.  I include everything that came with the series as well as a summary of the series.  If I don't do it soon after the release of a series I forget because my memory is so bad.

Based on my review of the old threads, it seemed pretty clear that the H1-H3 cards were in both the limited and regular sets.  Take a look at this thread:

http://www.wackypackages.org/wackyforum/messages.php?t=3509&a=1&mn=1&stealth=

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2011, 02:01:05 PM »
Based on my review of the old threads, it seemed pretty clear that the H1-H3 cards were in both the limited and regular sets.  Take a look at this thread:

http://www.wackypackages.org/wackyforum/messages.php?t=3509&a=1&mn=1&stealth=

That pretty much confirms it.  Do you remember when the non-limited sets stopped including them, or if we even discussed it?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2011, 02:08:45 PM »
That pretty much confirms it.  Do you remember when the non-limited sets stopped including them, or if we even discussed it?

I know I bought a bunch of them to get the Halloween cards, need to see if I still have the packing slips - wouldn't give us an absolute end date, but it would at least be something.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2011, 05:15:36 PM »
I know I bought a bunch of them to get the Halloween cards, need to see if I still have the packing slips - wouldn't give us an absolute end date, but it would at least be something.
If there is no difference in these cards whether they came with regular or limited post cards, then why are we going nuts trying to nail down exactly the random ways Topps distributes an item?  We should list the primary way and leave it at that.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2011, 08:30:24 PM »
If there is no difference in these cards whether they came with regular or limited post cards, then why are we going nuts trying to nail down exactly the random ways Topps distributes an item?  We should list the primary way and leave it at that.
Fanatical pegged the line to use:

anything