Author Topic: I Have No Clue Who Anyone Is  (Read 40229 times)

Offline Paul_Maul

I Have No Clue Who Anyone Is
« on: March 12, 2010, 07:57:41 PM »
For some reason, in joining this board a large group of people felt the need to change their IDs. As a result, it's very confusing to identify people. Already, someone changed their name to Liptorn and was misidentified as Willie Shabas (Liptorn on Greg's board).

Might I suggest that for awhile people throw into posts their old ID so others might have some idea who they are?

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
Re: I Have No Clue Who Anyone Is
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 08:05:20 PM »
For some reason, in joining this board a large group of people felt the need to change their IDs. As a result, it's very confusing to identify people. Already, someone changed their name to Liptorn and was misidentified as Willie Shabas (Liptorn on Greg's board).

Might I suggest that for awhile people throw into posts their old ID so others might have some idea who they are?

How about anyone who changed their name just respond here in this thread.  I'll start:

MarvelJason is now JasonLiebig - it's my real name. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline wackyman

• ^ GOD is spelled wrong, should say DEVIL ^
    • World Of Wackies
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 08:08:59 PM »
I was Teronsuke at the other forum, 

-Jay-

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 08:09:56 PM »
Old Cult 45 here.
Roberto Juan

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 08:22:26 PM »
I kept my avatar but changed my username which was wackyfan. I just now signed up on this forum.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 08:37:56 PM »
I kept my avatar but changed my username which was wackyfan. I just now signed up on this forum.
Hey Brian, Ron here! A lot of thenew members changed their (user-names & or avitar) One that comes to mind is "Midas-Welby" is now "Sue-Me" You'll figure it out quik enough. BTW this place is getting more fun all the time...Welcome aboard, Ill give you a (good karma) Your WACKY friend...RonZ
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 08:49:56 PM »
Hey Ron, I have been reading this forum as a guest for a few days. I finally sat down and started an account. I am messing with my avatar right now, trying to get it just right. I used the flashback version of View Monster this time.   :P

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 08:52:03 PM »
Hey Brian...You going to the "Philly Show"??? LMK...RonZ 8)

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 08:55:11 PM »
I can't say for sure but I would LOVE to meet up with some of you guys one day!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 09:01:53 PM »
I'm still Swiski. I was going to embellish my name and become Swiski Fright (like my avatar) but then that would be too cheesy.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 09:05:15 PM »
I can't say for sure but I would LOVE to meet up with some of you guys one day!
If you wanna go w/me I'll drive! just drive uo to cincy (that should only take you about 90 minutes) & I'll drive the rest of the way! I must warn you though I indulge in (Wacky Weed) You've been warned! LOL! LMK Brian. Your WACKY friend...RonZ 8)

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 09:16:02 PM »
If you wanna go w/me I'll drive! just drive uo to cincy (that should only take you about 90 minutes) & I'll drive the rest of the way! I must warn you though I indulge in (Wacky Weed) You've been warned! LOL! LMK Brian. Your WACKY friend...RonZ 8)
If you indulge in Wacky Weed then I INSIST that I ride shotgun!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 09:44:25 PM »

I suggest we all make reference to our ex-forum ids in our profile comment
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 09:55:49 PM »
Still the same old HeadAndBoulders here.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 10:07:13 PM »
still sunstroke...aka Matthew Kirscht
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 10:36:43 PM »
If you indulge in Wacky Weed then I INSIST that I ride shotgun!
LOL! No problem if you do'nt go w/me I'll be going by myself, maybe Taz (Kevin)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 01:44:12 AM »
I considered changing my name, since RawGoo wasn't close to my first choice when I joined Greg's forum 4 years ago - seemed that everything I tried had been taken!  But, I figured it would get too confusing, and that I was better off having people recognize me.  Plus, Rebell-Jet did such a great job on my avatar!

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 02:35:27 AM »
I was Midas Welby on the other forum.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 03:55:33 AM »
Plus, Rebell-Jet did such a great job on my avatar!

Does he still do gif animation for avatars? I'm looking to have one done

Choke Wagon

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 04:55:18 AM »

I am that someone. I was Coffinmate on Greg's forum. Didn't mean for any misidentifications, just wanted to take the opportunity to have an I.D. that I like the best. In my first post here I immediately told everyone that I changed it to Liptorn, my all time favorite Wacky. I guess it will take a little time for everyone to get used to all who changed I.D.s. I'll put the old info. in my profile as suggested.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 05:23:20 AM »
Does he still do gif animation for avatars? I'm looking to have one done

Choke Wagon
He sure did great work!  I forget what I sent him as a "Thank You", but I appreciate his efforts whenever I watch my avatar.  Don't know that he's a member of either of the new forums now though.....

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 06:44:09 AM »
I'd really love to have an animated avitar. I wouldn't use the one from Greg's forum which is Willie's. If Willie came here, he could still use his avitar and sign up as Liptorn2 or something like that, or I'd change to Liptorn2. If I were to animate the Liptorn dude, I would maybe start with the flames coming out of the guy's mouth (just like the card) and then have the soup bowl explode into a mushroom cloud.

Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 06:47:42 AM »

While I would still like to see a field added to the Profile info so folks can include (at least) their first name - I like to address folks by their first name when I can - my second suggestion would be this one: use your signature field to include perhaps your first name, your previous forum name (if it differed), etc.  My signature has a link to my homemade page and it does mention that I'm Martin.  Then again, I am using my nearly decade old forum name (I like the Crayons, what can I say).
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 06:55:17 AM »

I was de-mentedtomatoes and am now De-Mented Tomatoes, now that we can have two word IDs.

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 06:57:52 AM »
I was de-mentedtomatoes and am now De-Mented Tomatoes, now that we can have two word IDs.

I do like having two words for IDs.  I had to underscore on the old board to have Crakola_Crayons.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline shotwheels

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 07:36:17 AM »
Hello , I'm the same shotwheels ... I dont know how to add my avitar , I think Greg did it for me on the other
Thanks Brian

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2010, 07:39:12 AM »
Hello , I'm the same shotwheels ... I dont know how to add my avitar , I think Greg did it for me on the other

Brian, what you need to do is get a copy of your avatar from the old board.  Log in, pull up your old profile there and see your picture.  Right click on it and save it to your hard drive on your computer.  Then come here, modify your profile and upload that saved avatar to this board.  Really easy.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 08:38:42 AM »
Thanks Brian

Hey Brian! Great  to see you found us!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 09:02:31 AM »

Good idea Dave.  I made a comment before that I feel like I'm at a costume party trying to figure out who everyone is.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2010, 09:08:54 AM »
While I would still like to see a field added to the Profile info so folks can include (at least) their first name - I like to address folks by their first name when I can - my second suggestion would be this one: use your signature field to include perhaps your first name, your previous forum name (if it differed), etc.  My signature has a link to my homemade page and it does mention that I'm Martin.  Then again, I am using my nearly decade old forum name (I like the Crayons, what can I say).

So even if you put your full name in your profile others won't see it?  I thought it was a choice whether you wanted your name hidden or not.  That makes identification even trickier.   

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2010, 09:24:49 AM »
So even if you put your full name in your profile others won't see it?  I thought it was a choice whether you wanted your name hidden or not.  That makes identification even trickier.   

You could put your email and hide.  I don't recall seeing anywhere that you could put your full name in your profile here.  I need to go back and look just to be sure I didn't over look it.  If I click on your name to get your profile, I am not seeing your full, real name.

Update: nope, nowhere in the personal info like gender, birthday, etc. is there a field to put in the profile a real name.  Brad, can that field be added to profiles at this point or not?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 09:28:26 AM by Crakola Crayons »

Offline ronlisa

• Ron's Game Room
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2010, 09:33:13 AM »
Hello everybody! I was ronlisa on the old forum and on this one too. I kept the user name the same so there would be no confusion with anybody.  I dont post much because I hate to type but I do check in on the forums almost daily.
I know that the user name "ronlisa" has nothing to do with Wacky Packages, its my  name and my wifes name put together which most of you have probly allready figured out. Its the name I started out with on Gregs site , so I just kept it the same.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2010, 09:51:23 AM »
Hello everybody! I was ronlisa on the old forum and on this one too. I kept the user name the same so there would be no confusion with anybody.  I dont post much because I hate to type but I do check in on the forums almost daily.
I know that the user name "ronlisa" has nothing to do with Wacky Packages, its my  name and my wifes name put together which most of you have probly allready figured out. Its the name I started out with on Gregs site , so I just kept it the same.

So why don't you have your wife do the typing for you?  Yah, you could read what you want her to type!      :P

Offline shotwheels

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2010, 10:09:46 AM »
Hello , thanks for the info , I'll give it a try!
Thanks Brian

Offline shotwheels

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2010, 10:11:57 AM »
Hey Ron , Sometimes I'm a bit slow .