Author Topic: Found A Few of My Original Wackys  (Read 955 times)

Offline BattleCaps

Found A Few of My Original Wackys
« on: March 10, 2024, 09:43:12 AM »
I thought everything was long gone, but when crawling around in the attic last last year, I found a pile of some of my original extras sprawling in a large box amongst other things. Mostly checklists (of course), but some stickers. As you can see, mostly from the 9th series.

Thought I would post a few photos:

Here are some rare checklist variations:    :D

I wonder how much I can get for these on eBay?

Found a few wrappers and to my surprise,  I could feel that one one had 2 stickers in it (but no checklist). I must have taken the checklist out and  'resealed' it to the best of my ability as a 7 year old:

Any psychics here who can guess which 2 stickers were inside?

Online freetoes

Re: Found A Few of My Original Wackys
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 10:22:19 AM »
It's always fun to see a trove of original childhood Wackys unearthed. For Series 12, there are 243 such possible checklist variations. Finding them all would be a challenge!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 10:36:26 AM »
Ha too fun!  Finding a childhood stash is always a magic moment!  In terms of whatís in the pack I always forget what is it an L shaped pattern on the sheet to determine the groupings?  Iím gonna guess Ducko Cement and whichever card goes with that.

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 11:10:25 AM »
What an unlikely event after all this time!  Very impressed that you had the presence of mind not only to save wrappers, but to re-create a faux unopened pack!  I lost nearly everything from the childhood stash.  Nothing to show for it except three checklist cards.  Oh and a few stickers that were stuck on things. 

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 01:09:02 PM »
I thought everything was long gone, but when crawling around in the attic last last year, I found a pile of some of my original extras sprawling in a large box amongst other things. Mostly checklists (of course), but some stickers. As you can see, mostly from the 9th series.

Thought I would post a few photos:

Here are some rare checklist variations:    :D

I wonder how much I can get for these on eBay?

Found a few wrappers and to my surprise,  I could feel that one one had 2 stickers in it (but no checklist). I must have taken the checklist out and  'resealed' it to the best of my ability as a 7 year old:

Any psychics here who can guess which 2 stickers were inside?
VERY COOL - love the pics - i have my old ones in a binder - unbelievably i kept my CHOKE WAGON in tact and on VG - EX+ condition - collector @ a young age - except no wrappers to speak of..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2024, 02:11:41 PM »
VERY COOL - love the pics - i have my old ones in a binder - unbelievably i kept my CHOKE WAGON in tact and on VG - EX+ condition - collector @ a young age - except no wrappers to speak of..... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Iím pretty sure I had multiples of Choke Wagon back in Ď73, because I remembered it well when I saw it again some 25 years later.  Oddly, no recollection of Bum Chex.  Go figure.

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2024, 06:51:45 PM »
Thanks for the comments. My main childhood collection is long gone as well as my extras at the time. I usually was very meticulous in getting everything together and sorting everything out, but these must have just fallen through the cracks.

Here are the 2 stickers that were in the pack:

The only 2 stickers that survived my childhood in NM-MT condition :)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2024, 02:28:49 PM »
Thanks for the comments. My main childhood collection is long gone as well as my extras at the time. I usually was very meticulous in getting everything together and sorting everything out, but these must have just fallen through the cracks.

Here are the 2 stickers that were in the pack:

The only 2 stickers that survived my childhood in NM-MT condition :)
roll the dice and get the Mrs Smalls graded, there are no 10's and like 4 9's on the market.  Centering might keep it an 8 or lower but I am not expert in the random world called PSA grading...
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/