Author Topic: Postcard Halloween 2010 Spoilers  (Read 102749 times)

Offline HeadAndBoulders

Re: Postcard Halloween 2010 Spoilers
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2010, 09:07:19 AM »
Here are some serious spoilers!  Sketches to follow.

What a great set.  I do hope at some point that these become available...just the post cards.  I love the very creative titles.  Tootsie Troll seems so obvious but had never crossed my mind. Thanks for posting these images.  Kudos to the artists who created these.  I do hope that somewhere along the way, as suggested by someone on the forum, that these post card sets could become one sticker set.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2010, 09:09:05 AM »
I never saw these were available anywhere? Been looking at ShopTopps.com every day and didn't get any emails/pm's...

So I've probably missed 'em, right? :-[

Yup, you missed them.  You should check the forum every day as opposed to Topps online.  It was posted here the day before the release.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2010, 09:43:42 AM »
Yup, you missed them.  You should check the forum every day as opposed to Topps online.  It was posted here the day before the release.

Where is it posted? Just in the general forums? Or is this thread the notification?

So 500 sets sold out in 45 minutes. What was the limit for buying?

Does anyone have one extra LE set to sell me? :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 09:53:32 AM by Ducko »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2010, 10:12:05 AM »
That's one of only two times in the set where the same artist is numbered consecutively. Consider yourself lucky!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 10:13:49 AM by koduck »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2010, 10:24:37 AM »

2010 Wacky Packages Postcards Halloween Edition Sketches:
•   Top Left: Joe Simko 022 of 500
•   Top Right: Mark Parisi 017 of 500
•   Bottom Left: Joe Simko 036 of 500
•   Bottom Middle: Joe Simko 021 of 500
•   Bottom Right: John Zeleznik 239 of 500

Anyone get consecutive numbers by the same artist (e.g. Joe Simko 021 & 022)?

3 Simko vampires? Lucky!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2010, 10:25:46 AM »
I haven't gotten home yet to see my sets but can someone explain why there is a hippie dude for mellow cup in a Halloween set?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2010, 10:28:44 AM »
I haven't gotten home yet to see my sets but can someone explain why there is a hippie dude for mellow cup in a Halloween set?

No clue!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2010, 10:31:02 AM »

Here are my pulls............

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2010, 10:35:04 AM »
Here are my pulls............

2 more vampires? Now I'm thinking I may end up with 3 hippies and 2 puzzle pieces :o

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2010, 10:55:19 AM »
This set is sick, as my boys say. However, I'm put off by the fact that, unlike other postcard sets, you don't get the full bio set of standard cards. The implication from Topps is we were supposed to shell out $200 for 5 sets just to get a bio set. Or am I misreading the tea leaves?

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2010, 11:59:56 AM »
Yeah, that stuck out to me also, as an anomaly

Maybe the hippie is protesting the pagan nature of Halloween?
No, that wouldn’t make sense…

Offline Jean Nutty

Re: RE: Postcard Halloween 2010 Spoilers
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2010, 12:16:45 PM »
I had always thought it would be funny to show aliens in the shape of soda bottles landing on earth and saying, "take me to your liter".  Not sure how to incorporate this into a wacky pack title but have at it if you think it has a future.  I think it would be a funny Parisi cartoon but maybe I am just wacked...

That’s killer. That would also make a great old school Wacky Ad where aliens would come to Earth to steal our booze, cases of spooky Captain Moron Rum

And it does seem like a classic Gurgle gag. It just has that "feel" to it. And yes, you’re wacked, just like the rest of us

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »
This set is sick, as my boys say. However, I'm put off by the fact that, unlike other postcard sets, you don't get the full bio set of standard cards. The implication from Topps is we were supposed to shell out $200 for 5 sets just to get a bio set. Or am I misreading the tea leaves?

Originally, there wasn't going to be a bio set for this release. But I really wanted folks to see the artists represented in this series, so I got them to agree to print a total of 500 cards. I realize it creates more of a challenge to complete the set, but hopefully people can arrange trades to get them, rather than resort to ebay.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2010, 01:39:53 PM »

I think you are over-thinking this one. All the products being parodied are candy and more specifically, traditional trick-or-treat  treats, right?  I guess it the thing being parodied that is halloween related rather than the parody itself in this case.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 01:56:57 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2010, 01:43:27 PM »
Oh yeah here's my sketches :)

I like the way the emoticon used is looking down lovingly and proud at the sketches. Nice batch dude.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2010, 01:48:37 PM »
That free photo hosting site is a plugin for SMF. I did it because people were puzzled on how to upload pictures using the additional options. I have never had an issue with it so I'm not sure why his picture didn't post. The only other issue I have seen is with Erns pics that vanished other than that I haven't seen another issue. I don't know if there are other free picture options. I don't want every one to have go sign up for Flickr accounts and such. I just wanted something that was really easy to use.
My display box pics suddenly came back, I am not even sure when they came back.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

Re: RE: Postcard Halloween 2010 Spoilers
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2010, 01:53:29 PM »
                   (Image removed from quote.)

That’s killer. That would also make a great old school Wacky Ad where aliens would come to Earth to steal our booze, cases of spooky Captain Moron Rum

(Image removed from quote.)

And it does seem like a classic Gurgle gag. It just has that "feel" to it. And yes, you’re wacked, just like the rest of us

Glad to see my wackiness can be further elaborated!  I like the liter lineup!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2010, 02:01:03 PM »
3 Simko vampires? Lucky!
Here is the sketch from the one pack I opened:

Offline Playskull

« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2010, 02:16:12 PM »
As badly as I want a vampire sketch, I'm not as crazy about the ones done in pencil only.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2010, 02:31:01 PM »
Are the 2010 Wacky Packages Halloween Postcard sets sold out at the ShopTopps.com site? I can't find them listed.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2010, 02:52:24 PM »
Are the 2010 Wacky Packages Halloween Postcard sets sold out at the ShopTopps.com site? I can't find them listed.
Yes, they went on sale Wed. of this week in the late AM and amazingly sold out in less than one hour.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2010, 03:01:38 PM »
Originally, there wasn't going to be a bio set for this release. But I really wanted folks to see the artists represented in this series, so I got them to agree to print a total of 500 cards. I realize it creates more of a challenge to complete the set, but hopefully people can arrange trades to get them, rather than resort to ebay.

But that still implies a collector would be forced to spend a ridiculous amount of money to get them all. I suppose that's the price we pay for BEING a collector, but in my mind it's a black mark against an otherwise fantastic Wacky item. $40 for a single set, fine, still a lot but within reason. $200 is not.

I'm not trying to rain on the parade, but these cards are too cool to be so scarce!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2010, 06:54:43 PM »
I just got home and had to tear open my box. Man are these nice and I am extremely happy with my sketches. I do wish I could have gotten one of Neils but I'm sure I will still end up with one somehow. I only got 4 bio cards and one double. I even pulled a Mark Parisi COLOR! This is the first color sketch I have pulled from the Postcards and I was thrilled. Its really nice. Take a look at the pictures.
I did get (2) smokin Joe sketches and both are really nice but I may have to part with one if I can work out a trade.
I'm still confused why there is a hippy postcard in the Halloween bunch. Anyone? Anyone?

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2010, 07:15:57 PM »
double post, sorry!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 07:21:41 PM by Monsterettes »

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2010, 07:20:29 PM »
Here are my sketches.  I managed a sketch Yahtzee, 5 different artists!!  Too bad it takes gin-rummy this time......

Can someone help me figure out what's on the vampire's teeth??

Or perhaps those are take 5 nuggets?  

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 07:22:01 PM by Monsterettes »

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2010, 07:37:05 PM »

I'm still confused why there is a hippy postcard in the Halloween bunch. Anyone? Anyone?

My son is going to be a robot for Halloween. Not all Halloween stuff is horror themes. The theme of the cards appears to be they are all candy. You can be a hippy for Halloween.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2010, 10:23:50 PM »
Who is BFarin? Is he on the forum? It sounds so familiar but I can't place it. I noticed he had this sketch for $750 and now it's raised to $850 with a huge BIN. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the change and why charge more when it hasn't sold in a day.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacky-Packages-Halloween-Ltd-Ed-COLOR-Sketch-Engstrom-/130446455468

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2010, 11:45:33 PM »
Remember Sesame Street? Let's sing along. Three of these things belong together, three of these things are kinda the same. But one of these things just doesn't belong here. Now it's time to play our game...

"Scary" is what defines Halloween. I don't decorate my house with hippies. If it's about dressing up as hippies then they should look like trick r treaters in costumes. They look like authentic hippies to me. Which by the way is a fantastic card. I love the artwork. It really looks like the old stuff. It's just not a halloween card.

wackyone

« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2010, 11:57:02 PM »

I really wanted a bio set of these cards,,i'm not always a huge post card size fan but i love them this year.
It looks like a set of bio's is gonna be a bitch to buy now.
I'm still waiting for someone to offer up singles..no luck..i see Brad just put up Joe's though!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:59:49 PM by wackyone »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2010, 12:16:27 AM »
I really wanted a bio set of these cards,,i'm not always a huge post card size fan but i love them this year.
It looks like a set of bio's is gonna be a bitch to buy now.
I'm still waiting for someone to offer up singles..no luck..i see Brad just put up Joe's though!

It's my extra. I made an offer to the guy that has a couple I need but he is holding still with his auction. Could be tough or expensive :confused1:

wackyone

« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2010, 12:19:37 AM »
It's my extra. I made an offer to the guy that has a couple I need but he is holding still with his auction. Could be tough or expensive :confused1:

i see yours just jumped up to almost $20..this could be a tuff little subset to put together

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2010, 12:33:39 AM »
i see yours just jumped up to almost $20..this could be a tuff little subset to put together

Ironically, The bio set could be worth more than the sketches. I don't see it happening but the completists in this world will pay to play

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2010, 02:52:19 AM »
Ironically, The bio set could be worth more than the sketches. I don't see it happening but the completists in this world will pay to play

Just to stir up more of a frenzy, it occurs to me there are 500 bio cards and 7 artists. So 500 divided by 7 does not come out even (pre New Math anyway). Doesn't that imply some bio cards are rarer than others? I wonder which ones.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2010, 04:02:33 AM »
Or perhaps those are take 5 nuggets?  

I think you may have nailed it!!  Thanks Elizabeth!  I have never had a Fast Break candy bar, and didn't know they were separate pieces, but this makes sense.

I'm really liking my vampire sketch, it's just so Halloween and Wacky at the same time!  Brent's goofy witch sketch, too.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2010, 04:22:09 AM »
Wacky witches and vampires! What more could you want for Halloween?!

anything