Author Topic: Postcard Halloween 2010 Spoilers  (Read 102750 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: Postcard Halloween 2010 Spoilers
« Reply #385 on: November 27, 2010, 10:18:18 AM »
The higher end sketches and stickers do present a display issue for me. My solution is to put a few in the acrylic snap cases for serious protection but display others in the top and middle levels of the 9 pocket sheets. I think the lower level is where you have the most risk for damage as the page may hang down from the binder when on a shelf which could end up affecting the cards on the bottom level.

DrDeal

I used to keep my binders upright and that was a big mistake.  I had several of the corners of my OPC reissues get damaged that way.  Now I lie them all flat, and not only are they much safer but the cards that have a natural curvature to them actually get flattened over time from the weight.  I've had the non-warping binder sleeves with the binder books laying flat for a few years now, and it's worked out very well.  I keep my entire collection in a large fireproof safe.  The thing weighs about $400.00 lbs! 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Playskull

« Reply #386 on: November 27, 2010, 10:33:19 AM »
They really ought to make a nine-pocket page that can hold top-loaders.
I have been saying this for years!  I don't trust regular pocket pages for storage of valuable cards.  But I also hate having them stored away in boxes where I can't regularly enjoy them. 

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #387 on: November 27, 2010, 10:54:34 AM »
I used to keep my binders upright and that was a big mistake.  I had several of the corners of my OPC reissues get damaged that way.  Now I lie them all flat, and not only are they much safer but the cards that have a natural curvature to them actually get flattened over time from the weight.  I've had the non-warping binder sleeves with the binder books laying flat for a few years now, and it's worked out very well.  I keep my entire collection in a large fireproof safe.  The thing weighs about $400.00 lbs! 

That must be one large, very heavy safe!! 

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #388 on: November 27, 2010, 04:20:10 PM »
That must be one large, very heavy safe!! 

It is, no one is walking out of the house with it though!  Before I had this large safe I had two very small ones, like dorm room fridge size, and although they were heavy two people could definitely walk out with them.  I've had a break in into my house before which is why I upgraded my safe.

I'll post pictures tomorrow and also show how I have them stored inside the safe.

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #389 on: November 27, 2010, 07:34:34 PM »
It is, no one is walking out of the house with it though!  Before I had this large safe I had two very small ones, like dorm room fridge size, and although they were heavy two people could definitely walk out with them.  I've had a break in into my house before which is why I upgraded my safe.

I'll post pictures tomorrow and also show how I have them stored inside the safe.

I actually have one of those small fridge sized safes.  I keep documents, some personal momentos and my most valuable cards in it.  But I actually bolted the thing down into my concrete floor so hopefully that will deter someone from trying to take it. 

I do wish it was larger, though - it's just not that practical space-wise when you live in a modest sized apartment.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #390 on: November 28, 2010, 08:31:15 AM »
I actually have one of those small fridge sized safes.  I keep documents, some personal momentos and my most valuable cards in it.  But I actually bolted the thing down into my concrete floor so hopefully that will deter someone from trying to take it. 

I do wish it was larger, though - it's just not that practical space-wise when you live in a modest sized apartment.

I actually tore my bicep trying to get my safe upright the day I got it.  I should have called my dad to come over and help me but I thought I could do it myself.  I got it halfway up and leaned it on my desk so I could get in a better position, and when I started to move away it started slipping.  My instinct was to try to hold it from falling, but not a chance.  I honestly thought it was going to crash through the floor!  It sounded like a truck hit the house.  I knew I did something bad to my arm because it swelled up and got black and blue so fast, and sure enough, it was torn!  Now my bicep muscle is higher up on my arm than it should be.  Next time I'll call someone to help me!  lol 

Offline Swiski

« Reply #391 on: November 29, 2010, 03:24:44 PM »
I can't sell a Halloween postcard set with bonus card on eBay for even $10!!! WTF happened?!

Offline Playskull

« Reply #392 on: November 29, 2010, 04:49:45 PM »
I can't sell a Halloween postcard set with bonus card on eBay for even $10!!! WTF happened?!
Halloween postcards are so 4 weeks ago.
:)
But seriously, I would guess that almost everybody who really wanted a set has got one by now.  Also, there were a lot more sets produced this time than with previous limited edition postcard sets.

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #393 on: November 29, 2010, 05:12:19 PM »

Yeah, I saw that. I bought a bonus card and postcard set for $50 at first because it sold so fast. Don't think I'll be doing that next time...

Offline Swiski

« Reply #394 on: November 29, 2010, 06:00:53 PM »
Yeah, I saw that. I bought a bonus card and postcard set for $50 at first because it sold so fast. Don't think I'll be doing that next time...

Yeah, nobody's into Halloween now. Maybe I can relist it under the title "Wacky Packages Special Limited Edition Monster Postcard Pack!" It might generate a little more interest!

Offline Playskull

« Reply #395 on: November 29, 2010, 06:49:40 PM »
Yeah, nobody's into Halloween now. Maybe I can relist it under the title "Wacky Packages Special Limited Edition Monster Postcard Pack!" It might generate a little more interest!
List it as:
"Wacky Packages Old School 2 opening act set! RARE! L@@K!"

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #396 on: November 29, 2010, 07:16:26 PM »

If you can wait. I would hold off until next Halloween.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #397 on: November 29, 2010, 07:57:47 PM »

I think I recall that this time of year is always a little slower on eBay because people are focusing on Xmas shopping and holding back on other purchases.  I bet that's part of it.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #398 on: November 29, 2010, 10:00:19 PM »
Forget Halloween and call it the Candy Series.

Offline Kook

« Reply #399 on: December 08, 2010, 07:15:17 AM »
Thanks to several forum & non-forum members, I was able to put together a starbeast puzzle. I just received the last piece - scan below. Is this the 3rd complete starbeast puzzle? (1 - BumChex, 2 - Campy)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #400 on: December 08, 2010, 07:33:04 AM »
Thanks to several forum & non-forum members, I was able to put together a starbeast puzzle. I just received the last piece - scan below. Is this the 3rd complete starbeast puzzle? (1 - BumChex, 2 - Campy)

Nice to see that some collectors completed the puzzles!  I still hope they don't do them again though.

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #401 on: December 08, 2010, 02:35:13 PM »
I believe that is correct except Brad sold his to Leslie. Here are my final pics. Any help with the Troll puzzle would be appreciated!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #402 on: December 09, 2010, 08:45:33 PM »
I love how your 2 Engstrom Witches look like flip book animation with the expressions
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #403 on: December 09, 2010, 09:12:06 PM »
Thanks!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #404 on: October 17, 2011, 06:08:25 PM »
So how did g0hawksg0 on ebay end up with dozens of sets?  His location shows as wrigleyville.  Is this Ralph Stout again from Chicago hogging up Post card sets over the Topps limit and flipping them?
So I decided to dig up old posts as I remembered that we had unearthed the identity of some of the set hogger/flippers.  According to my notes and this post, Ralph Stout is one and he used Tearawayface as his forum id as well as Quisp on ebay and here.  It appears he also possibly used g0hawksgo.  What other ebay ids and forum ids are associated with this clown?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #405 on: October 17, 2011, 07:11:14 PM »
So I decided to dig up old posts as I remembered that we had unearthed the identity of some of the set hogger/flippers.  According to my notes and this post, Ralph Stout is one and he used Tearawayface as his forum id as well as Quisp on ebay and here.  It appears he also possibly used g0hawksgo.  What other ebay ids and forum ids are associated with this clown?

He had at least two different ID's on the last series.  I'll dig through my notes tomorrow to try to remember them. 

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #406 on: October 19, 2011, 07:57:41 PM »
He had at least two different ID's on the last series.  I'll dig through my notes tomorrow to try to remember them. 
Waybackmachine60 is from Chicago and seems to have a very familiar looking listing format.  Already has a set of 8 bio cards for sale so probably tearawayface.  I see tearawayface has been visiting the forum tonight.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/