Author Topic: Postcard Halloween 2010 Spoilers  (Read 102651 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: Postcard Halloween 2010 Spoilers
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2010, 04:33:39 PM »
The color sketch has a different color "Postcards" logo!!

That may be a preventative tactic from some coloring in a B&W.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2010, 04:36:32 PM »
Here are my sketches.  I managed a sketch Yahtzee, 5 different artists!!  Too bad it takes gin-rummy this time......

One puzzle piece, but if I'm going to have a puzzle piece this is the best kind, IMO, as it's got almost all of the title in it.  I'm really happy with this group!!  Can someone help me figure out what's on the vampire's teeth??

For these scans, the numbers in the titles are the sketch numbers, just in case anyone is trying to keep track.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2010, 04:40:47 PM »
As fate would have it, I pulled my own sketch. PM me if anyone is interested in a trade.

John Frick would probably want this one!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2010, 04:52:54 PM »
The Wrapper is totally awesome !  I immediately put it between a few of the extra calendars I have to get it to be flat again. It is so cool I am seriously considering framing it. Will put up pic. of the sketch I pulled later - it's awesome - b & w by Neil.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2010, 06:09:17 PM »
Here are my sketches.  I managed a sketch Yahtzee, 5 different artists!!  Too bad it takes gin-rummy this time......

One puzzle piece, but if I'm going to have a puzzle piece this is the best kind, IMO, as it's got almost all of the title in it.  I'm really happy with this group!!  Can someone help me figure out what's on the vampire's teeth??

For these scans, the numbers in the titles are the sketch numbers, just in case anyone is trying to keep track.

Nice pulls! And nice call-back on the sketch Yahtzee term! (I like the gin-rummy line as well.)

Can't help much on the vampire's teeth - the left one makes me think of a cork, but I'm not sure what the right one is or what's squirting out of it.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2010, 06:16:17 PM »

Pat, I'm envious!  Not necessarily that you got "Sketch Yahtzee" but because I love both the vampire and the witch.  I usually have pretty good luck with getting at least one sketch I really like.  So for me to buy 5 sets this time and not end up with either the witch or the vampire is frustrating.

Congrats.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2010, 06:18:24 PM »
Nice pulls! And nice call-back on the sketch Yahtzee term! (I like the gin-rummy line as well.)

Can't help much on the vampire's teeth - the left one makes me think of a cork, but I'm not sure what the right one is or what's squirting out of it.

I thought maybe hot peppers, but couldn't figure how that went with Stake 5.  Maybe they're Mike & Yikes?? 

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2010, 06:20:35 PM »
Can someone help me figure out what's on the vampire's teeth??
hmmm. any chance they are plasma filled marshmallows?
[expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/1020972157_AT5My-L.jpg[/expando]

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2010, 06:21:22 PM »
hmmm. any chance they are plasma filled marshmallows?
[expando]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/1020972157_AT5My-L.jpg[/expando]
Oooh, nice call. I think we have a winner!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2010, 06:36:01 PM »
Here's the sketch I got, it's a Starbeast !

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2010, 06:36:06 PM »
Here are some serious spoilers!  Sketches to follow.

BEST POSTCARD SET . . . EVER

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2010, 06:37:42 PM »

That looks like part of a puzzle?

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2010, 06:38:07 PM »

Halloween and Wackys go good together for some reason  :great:

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »

err, when I click the image to get to the larger version, it just takes me to the postimage homepage.
can I mention again how much that site annoys me?? there's got to be something friendlier out there
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 06:40:31 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2010, 06:39:15 PM »
That looks like part of a puzzle?

It definately looks like just *part of the whole image.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2010, 06:42:34 PM »
It definately looks like just *part of the whole image.

As far as puzzle pieces go that's definitely a good one to get, because it doesn't really need other pieces to look decent.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2010, 06:48:00 PM »
err, when I click the image to get to the larger version, it just takes me to the postimage homepage.
can I mention again how much that site annoys me?? there's got to be something friendlier out there

Closed my pic. window out, logged off of this site for at least 3 min.s and when I click on it, that is all I get too, the post image homepage instead of a larger image.

Yes Rob, I agree. Looks cool even if it is part of the whole image.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2010, 06:57:37 PM »

It's totally awesome!  I think Starbeast is my favorite, but Mike and Yikes is also wicked cool, and I love that Jack-O-Lantern!  Truly, they are all fantastic.  Kudos to all the artists involved!!!!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2010, 07:02:46 PM »
This is an incredible postcard set!! Mike and Yikes is my favorite. Love the colors! Those little monster candies are awesome. If I could chose one postcard painting to own, it would be this one. Starbeast is a close second. Those alien candies are so creepy! Love 'em. They remind me of the 2 Aliens on the Simpsons.

All the artwork is so good. So well done. Love the monster/Halloween theme throughout -except Mellow Cup doesn't seem to fit in. What's up with that? Maybe the fact it's a candy... Artwork and gag is pretty cool, but... no monsters.

The only thing I am bummed about this series is that we don't get all the bio cards with each set, so that means we don't get all the mini Wacky sized postcards on the backs.

Oh and the wrapper is so cool I can hardly believe it!

Thanks Neil and the rest of the gang for such a Wacky and spooky fun Halloween treat!!!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2010, 07:04:37 PM »
Oh yeah here's my sketches :)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2010, 07:16:31 PM »
The Bio Card sets should be a bear to assemble this time around. I feel fortunate to have 4 (Camera, Parisi, Zelnick, Engstrom)   That leaves Simko and Kirscht for me to attempt to locate right?

DrDeal

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2010, 07:21:59 PM »
The Bio Card sets should be a bear to assemble this time around. I feel fortunate to have 4 (Camera, Parisi, Zelnick, Engstrom)   That leaves Simko and Kirscht for me to attempt to locate right?

DrDeal

and Smokin' Joe

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2010, 07:35:34 PM »
That is so cool Pat!! Congrats on the Yahtzee, nothin' like it!   :great:

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2010, 07:39:07 PM »
John, it's another Yahtzee!  You and Pat got the touch.  :D

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2010, 07:50:03 PM »
Oh yeah here's my sketches :)

That's a great looking Yahtzee!

Offline Monsterettes

Re: RE: Postcard Halloween 2010 Spoilers
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2010, 08:06:08 PM »
Quote from: BumChex
PEOPLE make sure you post your sketches in this thread. We need to know who got puzzle pieces and who wants to try and put them together. If you don't have a scanner a digital picture will work and if you don't know how to upload you can email the pics to me and I will put them up. We have to try and get the puzzles together. I will try my best to help people if I get any puzzle pieces. If they didn't all fall into forum members hands then we many never get the puzzles together but they need to be identified.
This could be really fun. Don't think of it as a bad pull, think of this as an opportunity to put together something really unique.
My scanner is on the blink, so here is a very bad iPhone photo.  Hope you can at least get a sense of the sketch, Starbeast, upper right corner.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2010, 09:14:20 PM »
Here are some serious spoilers!  Sketches to follow.

Thank you for all the pics Pat, They are awesome and so are you.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: RE: Postcard Halloween 2010 Spoilers
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2010, 09:29:15 PM »
My scanner is on the blink, so here is a very bad iPhone photo.  Hope you can at least get a sense of the sketch, Starbeast, upper right corner.

Quit shaking ;D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2010, 09:37:08 PM »

Dude, lighten up. I have no idea why his image doesn't work. He can also attach it as a picture attachment. So you have 2 options.
This forum software is free and widely used. They do have a release canadate but it's still in beta and has been for almost a year. There are other forum software available that pretty much do the same thing but they cost about $200 a year. I don't see you throwing money at the forum to get something better. You do the research and let me know what we should use. I think for the most part this does a great job and did I mention it's free? I just have to pay hosting fees but that is it. You can bitch but offer a suggestion.

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2010, 10:29:22 PM »
Dude, lighten up. I have no idea why his image doesn't work. He can also attach it as a picture attachment. So you have 2 options.
This forum software is free and widely used. They do have a release canadate but it's still in beta and has been for almost a year. There are other forum software available that pretty much do the same thing but they cost about $200 a year. I don't see you throwing money at the forum to get something better. You do the research and let me know what we should use. I think for the most part this does a great job and did I mention it's free? I just have to pay hosting fees but that is it. You can bitch but offer a suggestion.
yeah, you're right. Time for me to stop whining without offering suggestions.
In this case though I wasn't making a dig at the forum (which I'm 99% happy with), but that image hosting site. More often than not, it's been annoying to use.
I'll look around for another one, try it out when I get my Halloween Packs next week and let you know how it works out.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2010, 02:46:43 AM »
and Smokin' Joe

So there are 7 bio cards. That makes the set more challenging.

DrDeal

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2010, 05:21:08 AM »
In this case though I wasn't making a dig at the forum (which I'm 99% happy with), but that image hosting site. More often than not, it's been annoying to use.
I'll look around for another one, try it out when I get my Halloween Packs next week and let you know how it works out.

That free photo hosting site is a plugin for SMF. I did it because people were puzzled on how to upload pictures using the additional options. I have never had an issue with it so I'm not sure why his picture didn't post. The only other issue I have seen is with Erns pics that vanished other than that I haven't seen another issue. I don't know if there are other free picture options. I don't want every one to have go sign up for Flickr accounts and such. I just wanted something that was really easy to use.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2010, 05:48:08 AM »
So there are 7 bio cards. That makes the set more challenging.

DrDeal

That's for sure!  Most postcard collectors probably won't be able to get a full bio-set.  That means there's around 70 sets that could potentially be assembled, but the amount that actually do get assembled should be much less than that.   

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2010, 07:06:31 AM »

Although, it didn't make the larger image, it was very, very simple to use.

Offline Ducko

• (Now on as Porkie)
  • (Now on as Porkie)
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2010, 08:04:29 AM »
I never saw these were available anywhere? Been looking at ShopTopps.com every day and didn't get any emails/pm's...

So I've probably missed 'em, right? :-[
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 08:09:39 AM by Ducko »

anything